PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War bronze & platinum statues

http://www.mindzeyestudios.com/gearsofwar/

If a dealer could get these & knock the price down a little I would be interested

only decision is what to get .....bronze or platinum

The ill Jedi
07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
^^^^face!!! I was just about to post this!! :censored :D

These are pretty sweet, although I'd much rather have something painted.

^^^^face!!! I was just about to post this!! :censored:

These are pretty sweet, although I'd much rather have something painted.

snooze ya lose :D

boomer is pretty sweet

looking at them...bronze is far nicer

The ill Jedi
07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
The prices aren't bad though, I hope they do painted versions as well, kinda like what they did with the Hellboy stuff.

ship august 2008.......dunno.that's pretty soon for me financially

Darth Loki
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Jen sent me the link this morning. Too damn costly for me. I'm sure they'll be cool, but I'd much rather have a painted statue.

Still holding out hope that someone will announce the license at SDCC

BadMoon
07-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Karma can you post some pics and prices? I am blind at work. I will probably go with platinum though to match my grill that I am buying next month.

The ill Jedi
07-15-2008, 09:36 AM
ship august 2008.......dunno.that's pretty soon for me financially
Same here since I wanna get that Hellboy SDCC Exclusive from them.

The ill Jedi
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Still holding out hope that someone will announce the license at SDCC
For what? 1/6 figures?

I hope my gut feeling is right in that Hot Toys will unveil their 12" Gears figures in the same way they did the RE4 line last year.

Moonloop
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Pretty cool, I think they look better in Bronze than Platinum.

Darth Loki
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
For what? 1/6 figures?

I hope my gut feeling is right in that Hot Toys will unveil their 12" Gears figures in the same way they did the RE4 line last year.

That or PF's :monkey3

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Ugh, I'm just so sick of bronze this, faux bronze that...

Give me painted or give me death.

The Hellboy statue looks amazing painted. I guarantee the Gears ones would too.

Darth Loki
07-15-2008, 10:23 AM

Companies will continue to do whatever they can to milk as much $$$ as they can out of a license. If people keep buying them, why would they stop making them.

The Josh
07-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Looks cool but I'd rather have it painted normal and I agree with Ill I think we might see something at SDCC.

Ktjn
07-15-2008, 10:28 AM

Yeah, me too, but I gotta admit, I like that midnight bronze. Only 250 for a colored HB statue...that won't last.

About colored GoW pieces, just ask them. If there is a demand, they will more than likly paint/color them. The detail is amazing on these pieces.

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Companies will continue to do whatever they can to milk as much $$$ as they can out of a license. If people keep buying them, why would they stop making them.

Not asking them to put a stop to it, just asking them for the option. ;)

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
And btw, I preordered the midnight bronze ;)

and why? Because it's different.

Jen
07-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Mindzeye Studios has only been around for a few years. I would email them your comments about wanting them painted. I emailed them today about pre-ordering two of the hellboy midnight variants and they responded within 20 minutes. From what I have heard (from TOE who has ordered from them before) this line and Hellboy are giving them the opportunity to really break out and make a name for themselves. Because they are a new company and want to attract as many customers as possible, they are probably more likely to pay attention to people's feedback. My two cents. :) I love the Boomer statue - not buying any of the GOW pieces, but I thought they did a very nice job on the them. Would agree that a painted version would be extra sweet.

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Mindzeye Studios has only been around for a few years. I would email them your comments about wanting them painted. I emailed them today about pre-ordering two of the hellboy midnight variants and they responded within 20 minutes. From what I have heard (from TOE who has ordered from them before) this line and Hellboy are giving them the opportunity to really break out and make a name for themselves. Because they are a new company and want to attract as many customers as possible, they are probably more likely to pay attention to people's feedback. My two cents. :) I love the Boomer statue - not buying any of the GOW pieces, but I thought they did a very nice job on the them. Would agree that a painted version would be extra sweet.

so you got yourself a midnight bronze as well?

:rock

Ktjn
07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Quick question, when you clicked the check out button, it directed you to paypal right?

lcummins
07-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Same here since I wanna get that Hellboy SDCC Exclusive from them.

When did it change from a Bronze exclusive limited to 50 pieces, to the Midnight Variant limited to 100 pieces??? :confused:

Jen
07-15-2008, 10:47 AM
When did it change from a Bronze exclusive limited to 50 pieces, to the Midnight Variant limited to 100 pieces??? :confused:

A few days ago, I believe. If you go their website they talk about how they didn't like the way the midnight cold-casted bronze looked - so to keep up with their high standards they changed it to what it is now. I think it looks great, personally. Also there was such a high demand they upped it to 100. Hopefully that will be the last upping they do. I can't complain though since they are doing pre-orers and now I don't have to bum rush in on Thursday morning to try and snag one at SDCC. If they had kept it at 50, (even with the pre-order) I would have missed out....when I ordered mine there was only around 25 left.

Ktjn
07-15-2008, 10:49 AM

From what the guy told me, he was getting alot of (e-mail) inquiries about the statue. Thing is... anything SDCC Exclusive related will get alot of responses, majority of them being scalpers/flippers. As for change of color, dunno, but it looks alot better.

A few days ago, I believe. If you go their website they talk about how they didn't like the way the midnight cold-casted bronze looked - so to keep up with their high standards they changed it to what it is now. I think it looks great, personally. Also there was such a high demand they upped it to 100. Hopefully that will be the last upping they do. I can't complain though since they are doing pre-orers and now I don't have to bum rush in on Thursday morning to try and snag one at SDCC. If they had kept it at 50, (even with the pre-order) I would have missed out....when I ordered mine there was only around 25 left.

yeah, doing a PO was really smart of them. Else the dealers there would have snagged them all and we would have had to pay 2x.

Jen
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Quick question, when you clicked the check out button, it directed you to paypal right?

yep...........

Jen
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
so you got yourself a midnight bronze as well?

:rock

Got two. :rock :rock

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Got two. :rock :rock

Have you seen them pending in your account yet? Seems they haven't taken the money from my bank yet. I wonder if they will wait to charge until it ships?

Didn't think that was possible with paypal.

Jen
07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Have you seen them pending in your account yet? Seems they haven't taken the money from my bank yet. I wonder if they will wait to charge until it ships?

Didn't think that was possible with paypal.

You have to go to their booth at SDCC and show your id badge. Your order will then be processed and it will be shipped out afterwards. Actually my payment has gone through...but it is the shipping part that won't start until you show you are who you say you are.

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 11:37 AM
You have to go to their booth at SDCC and show your id badge. Your order will then be processed and it will be shipped out afterwards. Actually my payment has gone through...but it is the shipping part that won't start until you show you are who you say you are.

Yeah I was aware about the SDCC part, but haven't seen my payment go through yet.

Jen
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah I was aware about the SDCC part, but haven't seen my payment go through yet.

That is weird - did you get a confirmation number and get directed to a page that said Order successfully completed?

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
That is weird - did you get a confirmation number and get directed to a page that said Order successfully completed?

Yep, got all that. It's signed and sealed, just no $ yet.

Jen
07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Yep, got all that. It's signed and sealed, just no $ yet.

I've had some paypal deals where the money wasn't taken out for a day or two after I made the purchase - don't know why that happens....

bagelsncheesey
07-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I've had some paypal deals where the money wasn't taken out for a day or two after I made the purchase - don't know why that happens....

Hey, I ain't complaining :lol The more days, the merrier.

I'm glad they are shipping it, so I won't have to lug it across the country.

Fritz
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm not falling for it. Yes, they look cool but so did the Pewter Balrog I bought when Lord of the Rings was the in thing that's worth $5 now. :lol

KrisSolo
07-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Are the GoW statues sold out 'cause I can't find a button to add the thing to my cart...

EDIT: Ok, they won't ship to the Uk... bastards...

bagelsncheesey
07-31-2008, 12:44 PM
After verifying my info to get my Hellboy midnight bronze at their booth at the con, seeing the Gears stuff in person changed my mind. Might be saving my pennies for the "platinum" Boomer, and maybe Marcus. They look great in person.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/runningoutofblackink/IMG_1955.jpg

Ktjn
07-31-2008, 09:19 PM
After verifying my info to get my Hellboy midnight bronze at their booth at the con, seeing the Gears stuff in person changed my mind. Might be saving my pennies for the "platinum" Boomer, and maybe Marcus. They look great in person.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/runningoutofblackink/IMG_1955.jpg

Yeah, they looked really good in person. I totally forgot to ask why no color?

TOE
07-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah, they looked really good in person. I totally forgot to ask why no color?

my bro asked them and the reason is license issue. The license is for metallic statues only.

so someone else has the painted licence?

TOE
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Probably. Or, the cost for painted statues would be higher than what they paid just for metallic statues, which money they probably do not have.

Still, these statues are great. I don't know if you guys helf the statues or not but I did. It is heavy as hell. It really feels like holding a statue made out of metal. The metallic part of the statue feels like metal, duh. I have never touched one like this before. Really cool.

TOE
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
or, probably no one has the license yet. Maybe it is still up for grabs.

Ktjn
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
so someone else has the painted licence?

If so, it's NECA.

Darth Waller
08-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I have never touched one like this before.

http://courtneyphillips.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/the-office-michael-scott.jpg

"That's what she said."

lcummins
01-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Just got my Marcus in... I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. There will be a SDCC 2009 Exclusive Final Hope variant, limited to 100 pieces; same blue cold cast bronze as last year's Hellboy exclusive.

Just got my Marcus in... I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. There will be a SDCC 2009 Exclusive Final Hope variant, limited to 100 pieces; same blue cold cast bronze as last year's Hellboy exclusive.

how did you find out about this?

lcummins
01-28-2009, 06:57 AM
how did you find out about this?

It is pictured on the box!!! :D

and still no pics? :lol

lcummins
01-28-2009, 08:30 AM
and still no pics? :lol

This evening... I promise.

lcummins
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Pics of the Mindzeye Marcus. Keep in mind these were taken quickly at the office without proper lighting or setup, so they aren't great... I'll try to get better ones this weekend.

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus01.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus02.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus03.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus04.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus05.jpg

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus06.jpg

This one taken with flash on...

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus07.jpg

The side of the box showing the SDCC 2009 Exclusive "Final Hope" variant...

http://www.non-sport-cards.com/images/Marcus08.jpg

lovin' the sdcc version

as Marcus would say........"NIIIIIIICE"

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:00 AM
lovin' the sdcc version

as Marcus would say........"NIIIIIIICE"

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the Hellboy last year when they changed it to "blue", but for some reason, Marcus holding the silver Lancer does look really good! I'll probably try to get this.

BadMoon
01-29-2009, 07:00 AM
I think I like the Silver or platinum version a little better.

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:07 AM
I think I like the Silver or platinum version a little better.

It's just my sucky pictures... I'll try to get better, in focus ones this weekend. :D

I looked at them both at SDCC last year, and I just liked the bronze look better.

BadMoon
01-29-2009, 07:21 AM
It's just my sucky pictures... I'll try to get better, in focus ones this weekend. :D

I looked at them both at SDCC last year, and I just liked the bronze look better.

Do you have the Indy PF? I get my taxes back soon and am allowing myself one treat. It is either one of these or Indy.

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Do you have the Indy PF? I get my taxes back soon and am allowing myself one treat. It is either one of these or Indy.

Yeah, I have the Indy Ex! Love it! If you have need to choose between him and the Mindzeye stuff, choose Indy. There are plenty of the Gears statues left (which sucks and I hope it doesn't hurt the company too badly) so you should have plenty of time to get them. I'm hoping to get the Boomer and Dom down the road, and maybe even both versions of each.

Yeah, I have the Indy Ex! Love it! If you have need to choose between him and the Mindzeye stuff, choose Indy. There are plenty of the Gears statues left (which sucks and I hope it doesn't hurt the company too badly) so you should have plenty of time to get them. I'm hoping to get the Boomer and Dom down the road, and maybe even both versions of each.

lonnie...did ya get the email from ashley?

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:48 AM
lonnie...did ya get the email from ashley?

Yes, I'm trying to get ahold of Ill because he wanted me to order for him...

BadMoon
01-29-2009, 07:50 AM
I think I may go the Indy route then. :duff

bagelsncheesey
01-29-2009, 07:50 AM

He's sleeping. Let me give him a nudge...

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:51 AM
He's sleeping. Let me give him a nudge...

Cool! I'll be here...

can you order multiples at the discounted price?

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:52 AM
don't you want it as it might be 1 per person at the discounted price

No... I'm getting out of the 1/6th scale at 3A, and probably collect the WWRP instead. Too big and too much money right now.

bagelsncheesey
01-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Cool! I'll be here...

He's in a meeting, but I let him know.

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:54 AM
can you order multiples at the discounted price?

I just put in 3 in my cart and it was going to let me checkout, so I guess there is no limit.

kain4521
01-29-2009, 07:55 AM

Is it a zombie?

No... I'm getting out of the 1/6th scale at 3A, and probably collect the WWRP instead. Too big and too much money right now.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:55 AM
He's in a meeting, but I let him know.

Thanks bagels!!! :rock

lcummins
01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Is it a zombie?

No, another bot...

bagelsncheesey
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Is it a zombie?

Euro Defense Bramble.

bagelsncheesey
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks bagels!!! :rock

No problem bud :cool:

Fritz
01-29-2009, 12:07 PM
He's in the men's room with an issue of Glamour.

Hmmm, interesting.