• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MR Blue Clonetrooper helmet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sick Rick

Grrr, my pre-order for the MR Blue CT helmet fell through due to dealer limits...Anyone know where to still find one? I figure with our awesome dealers on here SOMEBODY has a bead on one....pm and let me know.

Rick - didn't mr have those only for sale directly from their site?

I thought the blues weren't available anywhere else?

Perhaps give the mr site a shot. :dunno

JS :wave

Nope, JS the RED are only available there...and that one is coming, which means now my CT helmet collection is only HALF complete...which is driving me CRAZY:bang :bang :bang

But thanks for trying! The sad thing is, is that at first I didn't even WANT either of them! Damn this board and the people who brag about stuff I dont have or think I need...They get me EVERY time!:)

Whoops! My bad. Weren't the blues available all over the place then?

And are they all sold out from every vendor/retailer now?

JS :dunno

PS - which do you favor if any - red or blue?

Yep, apparently my guy said they were/are limited to FOUR per retailer! (and I was number five...jeez) Thats REALLY low, and this could be a common problem real soon....He even begged MR to up him one more, and they said "No way", they are all spoken for....wonder why the red is still hanging around? Same number of 750.....

The blue I think is my fav, cause thats the one I cant seem to get! Also, the red are nice and serve the Emporer, but the blue help Anakin slaughter the jedi, with Order 66, so they just seem nastier to me......and they contrast better with the white:) I know I will find one, I just don't want to pay through the NOSE for it. Man, shades of Diamond with the ordering policy....I hate oversellers!

WOW! Only 4 per retailer! :google That is LOW.

Do you think this'll be a hard to get item once they start shipping?
As in - could you snag one for less than retail on Ebay perhaps? :dunno

I like the blue as well, just because I prefer that color.

What about the regular Trooper Helmet - the white one?
Is that one you're trying to get as well, or are you sticking
with the blue and red as they're the limited/rarest helmets?

Good luck on your search!

With only 750 of the blue helmet, do not expect to see them for less than retail on ebay.

I expect they will increase in value, as many people collect MR.

Rick check your box!

Yea dont expect these to go down in value once they are released!

Thank you Viking28, your a lifesaver! PM received.....
Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, I don't think these will go down in value. Nor will you find one less than retail, as there aren't very many. And I mean not very many at all.
In fact, IMO ALOT of people are going to be upset, when they find out their order will not go through due to lack of items...THAT will raise the price more than anything else at first....Imagine all the pissed off customers that will rush out to Ebay trying to score what they "thought" they already had....you know what I speak of, we've all done it. Admit it, when you think you have something, and then find out you don't, you want it that much more:) Same principle with losing on Ebay, really.
So, 750 sounds low to you doesn't it? It really is, so just for fun, let's look at some numbers...

Okay, figuring "most" retailers 'cept for MR biggest wholesale clients can only get 4, that breaks down to 187 retailers-now figure in the bigger clients like StarWarsShop.com (who we can already assume, as are ALL of the bigger online stores-SOLD OUT) that 187 just dropped REALLY low....that isn't even very many places to GET this fiberglass Grail of a helmet. (which is why the white one will be so prevalent, maybe even with "customer applied" paint variations-like the green ones)

So the moral of this story by numbers is, "He who has one, has an item worth a whole Helluva lot" real soon.

Really the only question is, WHY isn't the RED one doing as well? It just might, if they appear nastier on-screen. Of course, if the movie sucks, then I'm totally wrong all they way around:) Lets just hope THAT doesn't happen.

Nah, JS-The red and blue are enough. (I already have several ST helmets as it is, and figure that they will 'prolly sucker us with the GREEN one at some point.) After all, they ARE white troopers, just with more training- At least that is how my mind and wallet justify it....Shhhh, please don't tell them;)

Viking or Rick - couldja please pm me the link?

Better to jump now, than snooze and lose methinks. :doh :rage

Star Wars stuff is totally new to me, as far as collecting, and
there is so much out there, that I have no clue what are the
"gotta have" items, and what are junk that isn't worth having.

Thanks very much for the info and opinions on the helmets. :bow :bow
(and damn you for spending my money!) :curse :rage ;) :lol

Thanks very much! :D

tmp424dc295ba180_ShockTroop2li.gif
tmp424dc535511f7_ShockTroop3li.gif

What I am hearing is that the blue is a favorite among current collectors, but that the red have a really important function in the movie and demand will be way up after the movie's release.

Also, Entertainment Earth and ToyNK still show the blue as available. I am hearing MR oversold, and that the red is almost sold out.

Rumors yes....sounds correct to me.

Joanna

Re: MR Blue Clonetrooper helmet...SPOILER ALERT

Well, MR didn't oversell, but some retailers have apparently which will cause a problem when the film arrives....

Here is the breakdown: WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

The BLUE SPEC OPS trooper is Anakin's (Darth Vader) personal squad of troopers which eventually (later in the series-4-5-6) become the 501st. (yep, where the costumers took their name from) Apparently in RotS they help him exterminate the Jedi, when he attacks the Jedi temple. Hence the extreme popularity right now. Especially since this is all well known and has been documented before.

The RED SHOCK troopers are the personal squad of the Emperor himself. Don't know if they have any relations to the Red Royal Guard, but I wouldn't think so, considering they are NOT clones and are hand picked by the Emperor. Also, they are supposedly an offshoot of the Blue Royal Guard. So, whats happening IMO, is that since we wont know what role they play until RotS actually hits, their sales are not as fast. I think that will change once the film opens- IF they have great battle scenes and/or are pivotal to the plot. Still, they are there for a reason, so I assume they will rock:)

what's "gotta have" and whats Junk

Okay, JS this is all IMO of course, but lemme see if I can help....

The films:

SW-ANH: We all know the story, so no need to rehash the impact....
SW-ESB: Most sequels at that time were known to suck, so not alot was expected as far as merch sales, until the film hit and lightning struck twice. Also known to be a MAJOR contender for best film in the series, due to its dark themes and better direction, and THAT'S due to Lawrence Kasdan and not George Lucas...
SW-RotJ: By this point EVERYONE knew what was coming in merch sales. (GL financed himself,-a smart move to let him reap ALL profits) Couple that with less than stellar ideas, like cancelling the Wookie planet, and dropping in the Ewoks, IMO this movie turned into a major toy commercial. The "cutesy" disease, IMO starts HERE....(Tarzan yells in a SW movie?!? VOMIT...)

Now, since GL empire is really built on merch sales, (with numbers like 2 billion dollars a year at its heyday how can it NOT be??) the NEW films started out the same...

SW-TPM: Reopened the series, (and we all know what "Jar-Jar" means in street slang) and the toys FLOWED again.
SW-AotC: Things got a little better, and again IMO, due to backlash about all the cutesy BS starting to run rampant since RotJ.
SW-RotS: From all indications this movie might very well restore the "coolness". Rated PG-13, a FIRST for SW, it looks like the "cutesy" is gone for good. Anakin's a true monster and slaughters just about everything, turns into Vader, and all is evil and well with the series. (and the world)

Okay, now lets look at toys....

SW toys as a whole, were decently collectible from ANH, ESB, and certainly even RotJ. Even though mass produced, they were not overdone like the new films...

The newer trilogy toys are SO mass produced, (and really, who in their right mind DOES NOT remember everybody on the planet saying that, "Star Wars toys are worth alot of money...I sure wish I still had..." that when the new films cranked up, they KNEW everybody would buy TONS of plastic toys. Shrewd for sure. But worth anything? No, only the really rare...

Now the PROP replicas on the other hand, are limited, well made, and seem to hold their value. Sabers, helmets, blasters, and statues, will do well if the numbers stay LOW, because there are SOOOO many SW collectors, scalpers, and speculators that there just isn't enough. Then why so low when never before? Because retailers got sick of holding on to TONS of stuff when the hype died down:)

Better for us collectors this way!

The moral of this story is to STAY AWAY from the toys, unless you just like them. They are nice, BUT they are JUST toys. The Replica's are nice and are NOT toys. Now, many will argue the points made here, and in some circumstances, they might be right. BUT, as a general rule of thumb, esp. investment/return wise, trust me;) I have been there and learned some of this stuff the hard way...

Thank you for the info Rick! :bow :bow :bow

Looks like the Red is picking up speed. So go to
Masterreplicas.com and click on helmet. They are still available, get them soon think I.

Joanna

Back