PDA

View Full Version : Which Vader do you want from Sideshow?

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
From which movie do you want Darth Vader to be from? In my opinion he is most iconic to me when he fights Luke. Especially when he reveals that he is Luke's father. So let the debate begin.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 03:42 PM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34233&highlight=Vader

Search function is your friend :lol

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Sorry. I searched, but didn't look back that far.

pixletwin
07-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I like new polls, even if they have been done before. Opinions change (not mine though). ROTJ :rock

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I like new polls, even if they have been done before. Opinions change (not mine though). ROTJ :rock

What the hell, Ill play along :lol And pix, you're right about opinions. Mine hasn't changed either. Your's by the way is wrong, ANH first :rock :lol

Darth Waller
07-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Nothing tops the first time Vader walked onto the screen. ANH!

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I think I had to chose Jedi. I mean that final battle, ah MAN! Powerful stuff.

pixletwin
07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Exactly right Fusion. :rock

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Exactly right Fusion. :rock

Noo that first time Vader walks through that smoke filled corridor, the Stormies just standing aside, dropping the dead bodies they were moving. He mercilessly chokes Capt Antilles, threatens his (unknown to everyone, Lucas included) daughter. And it's a very unique look to top it all off. The one, the only, ANH Vader!

Amanaman
07-12-2008, 04:05 PM
There was no ANH in '77, it was just SW. Yeah, it seems that everything after the first film is a derivative with more backstory and convoluted plots that cheapen the simple, threatening presence that Vader carried in the first act.

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 04:05 PM
"...So, you have a twin sister. Your thoughts have betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to keep her from me, now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark side, then perhaps she will."
"NEVER!"

Ah, man. Also, because for a Jedi Vader, they'd have to make a removable helmet.:joy

Darth Cruel
07-12-2008, 04:10 PM
ANH. Poll's over. Next subject.

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
In A New Hope, he takes orders from Tarkin, which dulls the power of Vader. He is ruthless in Empire, and kills the Emperor in Jedi. Don't get me wrong, he is powerful in ANH. I would be glad to get him in that version, but he is more iconic to me in Jedi.

Amanaman
07-12-2008, 04:18 PM
but you've gotta admit, he started getting soft by the end of ESB and through ROTJ..

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes, but in Empire he chokes two officers with out any sign of regret. He doesn't take orders from anyone but the Emperor in the last two.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 04:25 PM
The removable helmet is why I DO NOT want ROTJ Vader first. Let SS start off simple with SW/ANH Vader. And besides, I think the majority already shows SW/ANH is more wanted.. while if it's from ROTS it will only sell because it is the first Vader.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, but in Empire he chokes two officers with out any sign of regret. He doesn't take orders from anyone but the Emperor in the last two.

Only reason he took orders from Tarkin was because Tarkin was CO of the Death Star and Vader was not. Vader wasn't in any military position until after the Death Star went boom. He was always the Emperors right hand man though.

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 06:25 PM
No ROTS?:lol

JustinLuck
07-12-2008, 08:26 PM
ESB all the way.

Odowankenobi
07-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Honestly, they all look the same to me. And please nobody post anything showing all of the incredibly subtle differences. Vader is Vader. His look is always basically the same. If I were to choose I would want a ROTJ Vader so that we could have a removable helmet (or at least a swappable head.) Although if they do a removable helmet, they would have to make sure that there is some kind of snap that is loose enough to allow it to come off with little force, but tight enough to keep it on when you want it there.

DarkArtist81
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
For me, it's Jedi or ANH all the way. Jedi is the more iconic in my mind, just because of the super shiny armor and the memories I have attached to that film.

ANH would be nice too, but I never liked the tabbards over the armor.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Honestly, they all look the same to me. And please nobody post anything showing all of the incredibly subtle differences. Vader is Vader. His look is always basically the same. If I were to choose I would want a ROTJ Vader so that we could have a removable helmet (or at least a swappable head.) Although if they do a removable helmet, they would have to make sure that there is some kind of snap that is loose enough to allow it to come off with little force, but tight enough to keep it on when you want it there.

I've never understood this statement, especially in regards to SW/ANH Vader and all the others because the changes there are fairly noticable. I mean, I noticed when I was 9. :lol

Dr.Mirakle32
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
I think Vader in ESB and ROTJ are nearly identical. The SW/ANH version on the other hand, is pretty unique.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I think Vader in ESB and ROTJ are nearly identical. The SW/ANH version on the other hand, is pretty unique.

Quite right. It's just minor tweaks to the ESB/ROTJ armor and chest box, but SW/ANH and ESB/JEDI are like night and day.

Odowankenobi
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Ok, let me put it this way:
The changes in his costume from film to film are nowhere near as drastic as the changes to the other characters. There is little to require that multiple versions be made. Whereas with other characters, they have a variety of costumes that are distinct looks for the characters. Vader would be Vader to me no matter what version they do. Han, or Luke, or Leia would be easily tied to a certain film or scene depending on the costume.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry but still no. ESB/ROTJ is essentially the same costume but SW/ANH is in no way the same costume. Helmet has a widows peak, the lenses are red, the gloves are ringed, the inner robe is over his shoulder armor and the shoulder armor itself has a more worn look than the shiny armor of the last two flicks. Really, just look up the two costumes and you can tell the differences. I'll be fine with two Vaders (one ESB/ROTJ and one ANH/SW, never make a ROTS SS!) but I want at least two Vaders and will be quite pissed if we only get one.

pixletwin
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I definitely want an ROTS Vader as well though. I think the make up job on Hayden was absolutely fantastic. Definitely want that in my collection! :rock

DarkArtist81
07-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I definitely want an ROTS Vader as well though. I think the make up job on Hayden was absolutely fantastic. Definitely want that in my collection! :rock

That is exactly why I got a ROTS Hurricane Vader. While ROTJ would have been my preference... I had parts that lowered the cost and that Hayden sculpt was worth it. :rock

And still a great transitional Vader figure to have. I just want SSC to do ANH or Jedi. Or better yet, make one Vader that can be changed to reflect the OT films. :rock

Odowankenobi
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry but still no. ESB/ROTJ is essentially the same costume but SW/ANH is in no way the same costume. Helmet has a widows peak, the lenses are red, the gloves are ringed, the inner robe is over his shoulder armor and the shoulder armor itself has a more worn look than the shiny armor of the last two flicks. Really, just look up the two costumes and you can tell the differences. I'll be fine with two Vaders (one ESB/ROTJ and one ANH/SW, never make a ROTS SS!) but I want at least two Vaders and will be quite pissed if we only get one.

Ok, now you're coming off as elitist. And you just completely disregarded what I said. What I am trying to say is that Vader's basic look remains the same across all of the films. There are slight variations, but none of them, to me, are drastic enough that they would require me to buy multiple versions. None of the changes are anywhere near as drastic as say Han's vest in ANH to his jacket in ESB.

The Chaver
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't care wich version they make.Just as long as they make him right.No half assing on this one Sideshow.

Mr. Fusion
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Or better yet, make one Vader that can be changed to reflect the OT films. :rock

That is what I want. Since I'm poor and can't get one for each movie.:monkey2

pixletwin
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't see how he is coming off as an elitist. He is saying that he thinks the differences are too important to just toss off and he said it quite eloquently.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok, now you're coming off as elitist. And you just completely disregarded what I said. What I am trying to say is that Vader's basic look remains the same across all of the films. There are slight variations, but none of them, to me, are drastic enough that they would require me to buy multiple versions. None of the changes are anywhere near as drastic as say Han's vest in ANH to his jacket in ESB.

Sorry if you think it's elitist but that is how I feel. To me ANH/SW Vader to ESB/ROTJ Vader is as big a change as ANH Luke to Bespin Luke. What isn't drastic to you is HUGE to others. When you redesign a lot of little elements and get an overall different look I think it warrants two separate releases.

Hmm and as an addendum, I may be the wrong person to debate with over weather small differences matter as I went and bought a different belt for my ANH Han because the SS one was simply wrong, wrong, wrong. To me it's the small details that can completely destroy or make an iconic look. And thanks for the compliment Marc! :rock

pixletwin
07-12-2008, 11:04 PM
In other words you have an OCD when it comes to SW. :lol ;)

Odowankenobi
07-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Very well. We can agree to disagree here. I'll be happy with whatever Vader we get, and you are quite welcome to enjoy all the small details that will make him specific to whatever film he happens to be from. We can each still get enjoyment.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 11:08 PM
In other words you have an OCD when it comes to SW. :lol ;)

Star Wars, LOTR - basically anything I spend my money on I want the little intricacies to be there. Change in material color, cut, etc. doesn't really fuss me, I can look past most paint issues, but I want the unique character details to be there and be accurate. Frodo's Ring and Han's belt are great examples. That's what I want in ANH/SW Vader. I want the widows peak, I want the dull armor, I want the red lenses and ringed gloves. It was a look that was unique to the first time we ever met Darth Vader, before we knew anything about him and that's what I want on my shelf. I want the mysterious figure in helmet, who no one knows and every one fears.

Entropy
07-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Star Wars, LOTR - basically anything I spend my money on I want the little intricacies to be there. Change in material color, cut, etc. doesn't really fuss me, I can look past most paint issues, but I want the unique character details to be there and be accurate. Frodo's Ring and Han's belt are great examples. That's what I want in ANH/SW Vader. I want the widows peak, I want the dull armor, I want the red lenses and ringed gloves. It was a look that was unique to the first time we ever met Darth Vader, before we knew anything about him and that's what I want on my shelf. I want the mysterious figure in helmet, who no one knows and every one fears.

:lecture :lecture :lecture
Well said. Except the change in material and paint fusses me.

creecher
07-13-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't care wich version they make.Just as long as they make him right.No half assing on this one Sideshow.

That is what I want. Since I'm poor and can't get one for each movie.:monkey2

Didn't Sideshow state that they were only going to make one, and he'd be bits of them all, and not one specific to any one movie?

Yes, they have set themselves up, but it's Vader, he will kick ass.

JustinLuck
07-13-2008, 12:14 AM
There are many reasons why I wouldn't want a 'universal' Vader, but the main one is the end result of a Sideshow product: the Vader PF.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/images/cool/20060518_DarthVader1_rev.jpghttp://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4277/111105vaderfigure2nx8.jpg

Where they got those proportions, I will never know.

Entropy
07-13-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't recall hearing SS say anything about a mixed Vader. I guess it's possible, but if they had stated such a thing I'd have guessed it would have been talked about in the forum more.

creecher
07-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Okay, drop that thought. I'm not big on Star Wars, so things may have changed since I heard that, it was quite some time ago, so it didn't bother me at the time. It may have been discussed, but I rarely post in this section, so haven't followed what's what.

Carry on as usual.

arnax161
07-13-2008, 12:21 AM
ANH Vader. As previously mentioned, he looks the most sinister in ANH. The Tantive Four Boarding changed my live. Seeing the Stormtroopers kick as*...Then Vader strides through the carnage...

JustinLuck
07-13-2008, 12:22 AM
You guys might not care, but I do want ESB Vader. And I will pay for him to be as accurate as possible.

http://www.geocities.com/swtnz_mcquarrie/esbvader_wallpaper1024.jpg

Click on this link below for 1080p high resolution goodness:

http://a.photos.cx/millenniumfalcon_duke_esb1080p_VaderMeditationCham ber-f08.png

Entropy
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I think ESB is the coolest looking Vader, but I think it'd be best for SS to make the ANH version first.

jkno
07-13-2008, 12:44 AM
From all of them, but start please with ANH

Dr.FeelGood
07-13-2008, 12:48 AM
have to admit, i really loved the ESB Vader because he was the FIRST Vader i got to see as a kid. Growing up i never got to see ANH...no TV channel in the UK would show it, just ESB and ROTJ (for a good seven years i thought those were the ONLY movies).

So to me ESB Vader is MY "Iconic" Vader...and thats what it really boils down to isnt it...what is ICONIC to the individual person, there will always be an arguement between fans as to what is the iconic Vader because everyone has they're own opinions. Its like arguing about which Milkshake is better, Banana, Chocolate or Strawberry...everyone has a different tastes.....

I personall hope for interchangeable gloves, faceplates and domes for his helmet so the fans can assemble him in the way they remember him. As for the tabbard over the armour...that'll probebly be easy to change in the long run.

shocktrooper_au
07-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Doesn't matter if it looks right I will buy each one.....
no matter wat the missus says :P

Dr.FeelGood
07-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Doesn't matter if it looks right I will buy each one.....
no matter wat the missus says :P

I LOVE IT....i needed a good belly laugh today, thank you!

Mr. Fusion
07-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Chocolate is the best flavor of milkshake!:lol

Dr.FeelGood
07-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Chocolate is the best flavor of milkshake!:lol

agreed...wow theres actually something in this thread that two folks can agree on!!!!

fett1
07-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Definately it should be with out a doubt ANH Vader.......Impressive,Most Impressive.........:vader

Spartan Rex
07-13-2008, 05:09 AM
The one that looks like the prototype picts for once.

shockwave
07-13-2008, 06:37 AM
I think ESB is the coolest looking Vader, but I think it'd be best for SS to make the ANH version first.

Entropy Chicken:

You are right. I LOVE VADER (Helmet/Armor version) FROM TESB! :banana However it would make sense for SSC to release ANH Vader. I would still purchase it. And JustinLuck love that pick of Vader w/the snow troopers. I have the card not in great shape. But thanks for the pics! :monkey5

lerath666
07-13-2008, 06:53 AM
as long as we don't get 'nother subject 805 debacle, and end up with something like this
http://angelodemonio.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/hello-kitty-darth-vader.jpg
then i don't care too much. i'd prefer esb or rotj, but i'll love him no matter what.

shaun-o
07-13-2008, 06:59 AM
ANH. That's how we were introduced to him. Still my favorite. But to be honest any Vader will do, cause in the end it's still Vader and I couldn't tell the difference between one or the others. bunch of nerds!!!!!:cool:

Blackhole
07-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Well, I want me a ROTS Vader...all shiny and new, but I'll take any one they make...

Well, not this one...he's a jedi again...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/b/bd/WhiteVader.jpg/180px-WhiteVader.jpg

HigHurtenflurst
07-13-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm as big a SW fan as the next guy (as long as that next guy is a great big SW geek) but I've gotta confess I can't really tell much difference between the OT Vaders. ROTS, yes, the helmet is all wrong somehow, but the other ones, aside from minor things like which lights blink in which sequence, or whether or not his inner cape covers his shoulder armor or not, I'm at a loss. Is the difference mostly in the shape of the helmet, or what?

It would be of great interest if someone could post a collage of pictures from each film to provide an easy comparison. Or perhaps someone could furnish a link? Surely there must be 100's of websites devoted to the topic.....

IrishJedi
07-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Without any doubt, A NEW HOPE.

And I will never buy a 1:6 ROTS Vader. Easily the worst of the 4. I had the Medicom one for a time, but quickly sold it.

Dr.FeelGood
07-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm as big a SW fan as the next guy (as long as that next guy is a great big SW geek) but I've gotta confess I can't really tell much difference between the OT Vaders. ROTS, yes, the helmet is all wrong somehow, but the other ones, aside from minor things like which lights blink in which sequence, or whether or not his inner cape covers his shoulder armor or not, I'm at a loss. Is the difference mostly in the shape of the helmet, or what?

It would be of great interest if someone could post a collage of pictures from each film to provide an easy comparison. Or perhaps someone could furnish a link? Surely there must be 100's of websites devoted to the topic.....

LoL!...

The for a bit of education, on the RotS DvD they talk about hopw the Vader in the film is the first to have a fully simetrical *spelling?* Helmet; i.e. its a mirror image, perfect...unlike the Vader helmets of the previous, and supirior films. (yes some of us are sad enough to watch the special features on dvd's) This is why it just doesnt "feel" right...we're used to a deformed, or...more HUMAN Vader, not a hollywood perfect Vader :P...no botox here please!

fantasymaker
07-13-2008, 10:33 AM
new hope :rolleyes:

Darth Cruel
07-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, I want me a ROTS Vader...all shiny and new, but I'll take any one they make...

Well, not this one...he's a jedi again...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/b/bd/WhiteVader.jpg/180px-WhiteVader.jpg

Not the first one. But I would be absolutely freakin cool with the white "light side" version of Vader. That would look freakin sweet next to the Shadow Stormtrooper for a "negative" effect display!

EVILFACE
07-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Empire. All gloss black and tunic under the armor.

IrishJedi
07-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Not the first one. But I would be absolutely freakin cool with the white "light side" version of Vader. That would look freakin sweet next to the Shadow Stormtrooper for a "negative" effect display!

:pow :pow :pow

Please don't given them any ideas. Is all the "Shadow This and That" craziness not enough??? :banghead

BlueLeader
07-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Give me ANH first and foremost. Have no interest in the "Symmetrical Helmeted" ROTS version, who has a symmetrical head to put it in:lol

galactiboy
07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Still ROTJ for me...

firefly2121
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I want ANH...Already have the ROTS...

Brinn 71
07-14-2008, 08:39 AM
ANH! :chew

Shanester
07-14-2008, 10:15 AM
If anyone does know of a good site or way of comparing images of Vader in the different films, feel free to post it.

As a kid, I hardly noticed the changes and have never compared pictures. I did notice differences with his life support mechanics and the shininess of his armor, but thats about it.

niennumb1
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
ROTJ!!! I want it to pose with my Jedi Luke!

Billy
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
ANH as always.

Billy

Wor-Gar
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Yep -- it's A NEW HOPE!

D'oh!
07-15-2008, 01:15 AM
ANH (or as I used to call it, "Star Wars") for me. We haven't had this version in 1/6 since Kenner made 'em in 1978(?). Oh, sure, there was the Vader vs. Kenobi 2-pack back in the '90s, but that Vader looked more ESB to me.

For me, the first Vader is still the best -- and scariest. His armor looked metal in the first movie; it looks too much like plastic in the sequels (and prequel). Also, the widow's peak and red lenses added to his badness. And from a purely aesthetic p.o.v., I much prefer his robes over the armor.

Anyway, here's an excellent site that compares the helmets in all of the films:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/real_vader_props.htm

Blackhole
07-15-2008, 03:47 AM
:pow :pow :pow

Please don't given them any ideas. Is all the "Shadow This and That" craziness not enough??? :banghead

Don't you be messing with the Shadow Stuff...

Except the Shadow AT-AT...

That IS crazy...

:emperor:emperor:emperor

bearmodel
07-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Vaders?

galactiboy
07-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I think a lot has to do with the shape of the helmet, placement of the tabbards over the shoulder armor, etc. Not huge things, but once you are aware of them you tend to notice them easier. Someone wrote a lengthy post on it if you want to go digging for past Vader threads.

Heart_of_Darkness
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I chose ANH :emperor

Cryoguns
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
ANH (or as I used to call it, "Star Wars") for me. We haven't had this version in 1/6 since Kenner made 'em in 1978(?). Oh, sure, there was the Vader vs. Kenobi 2-pack back in the '90s, but that Vader looked more ESB to me.

For me, the first Vader is still the best -- and scariest. His armor looked metal in the first movie; it looks too much like plastic in the sequels (and prequel). Also, the widow's peak and red lenses added to his badness. And from a purely aesthetic p.o.v., I much prefer his robes over the armor.

Anyway, here's an excellent site that compares the helmets in all of the films:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/real_vader_props.htm

Yup, those are many of the same reasons I went with the ANH version for the most part when I made my custom version. I love the robes over the armor especially.

hurricane
07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Vaders?

oh god, this is gonna take some time are we sitting comfortably.....actually nope ,take too long, lets just say theres alot between the screen used versions

hurricane
07-15-2008, 05:44 PM
http://therevanchist.com/costumes/darth_vader/helmet.htm
this links to the helmets but the site seems to have all the listing of all the parts...

D'oh!
07-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey, Hurricane, I've seen photos of your customs on various forums -- you do excellent work!!

lerath666
07-15-2008, 09:04 PM
just a thought, would i be the only one who would want a Farce unleashed "battle damaged" vader as a con excluse or some other limited run? Picture of hasbro figure for reference. http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/2008/actionfigures/carded/2008_Carded_darthvaderburned.jpg

Entropy
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah I'd like to see a BD Vader.

cjk1000000
07-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Ok, before I say this, please understand that I'm not much of a fan of Star Wars. Here it goes, what's the difference between them?

-CJK

lerath666
07-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Ok, before I say this, please understand that I'm not much of a fan of Star Wars. Here it goes, what's the difference between them?

-CJK

see the link in the following quote

http://therevanchist.com/costumes/darth_vader/helmet.htm
this links to the helmets but the site seems to have all the listing of all the parts...

creature4000
07-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Ok... I'm a big Starwars Fan... but I'm far from Fanatic. Like some I didn't know the differences either.

But after looking at that link... I realized this is too Geeky for me. Dorks!!!! ;)

JustinLuck
07-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Here is some more ESB Vader love:

http://www.padmeswardrobe.com/images/classic/esb/018.jpg

But don't worry, I won't leave ANH Vader out:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/197/041bn8.jpg

D'oh!
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
To me, this just is Vader:

http://www.bigbaddaddyvader.com/dark_vador-leia.jpg

EVILFACE
07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Here is some more ESB Vader love:

http://www.padmeswardrobe.com/images/classic/esb/018.jpg

But don't worry, I won't leave ANH Vader out:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/197/041bn8.jpg

Yup, this is Vader.

cjk1000000
07-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok... I'm a big Starwars Fan... but I'm far from Fanatic. Like some I didn't know the differences either.

But after looking at that link... I realized this is too Geeky for me. Dorks!!!! ;)

I AGREE! I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not. But if you are, then I agree with your sarcastic opinion! I don't like the entire Star Wars movie/universe, I just like lightsabers and Darth Vader. That link nearly killed on of those!

-CJK

niennumb1
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Aw come on! Show some love for ROTJ Vader:

http://content8.flixster.com/question/37/36/31/3736314_std.jpg

Love that version!

Puay
07-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Since we already have Old Ben, Bespin Luke and Jedi Luke to fight Vader, anyone from the OT is fine with me, but I do wish to see all 3 in time. :wacky

lerath666
07-17-2008, 02:12 AM
the variances, while there are quite minimal though. and with Lucasfilms preference of "definitive versions of characters" i think we're likely to only get Darth Vader : Sith Lord, and possibly ROTJ reveal Vader later on. could be wrong, but just one man's opinion. personally, i do not care, to me, Vader is Vader, as far as I care, the differences in his wardrobe from film to film is just that, he decided to polish his armor harder, or wear his robe differently, or in the case of the lights on his ipod, he was just listening to different tunes.

Blackhole
07-17-2008, 04:12 AM
just a thought, would i be the only one who would want a Farce unleashed "battle damaged" vader as a con excluse or some other limited run? Picture of hasbro figure for reference. http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/2008/actionfigures/carded/2008_Carded_darthvaderburned.jpg

Give...GIVE!

:drool:drool:drool

devilof76
07-17-2008, 05:05 AM
I took the poll to mean which one you wanted most, because he should be made from all three movies (one for each duel; if you only want one then choose). So I picked ESB, because it's the best movie ever made, but I don't care which one comes first. It would be cool to go in order, I guess.

The only reason I can see that it would be worth making ROTS Vader is if they do a full display, with operating table and droids, but that would take up a lot of places in the course of one year's offerings, and I can see no good reason to do that before we get the OT versions.

Same with a battle damaged version. It would be killer to have one, but not first, second, or third.

Blackhole
07-17-2008, 05:08 AM
I took the poll to mean which one you wanted most, because he should be made from all three movies (one for each duel; if you only want one then choose). So I picked ESB, because it's the best movie ever made, but I don't care which one comes first. It would be cool to go in order, I guess.

The only reason I can see that it would be worth making ROTS Vader is if they do a full display, with operating table and droids, but that would take up a lot of places in the course of one year's offerings, and I can see no good reason to do that before we get the OT versions.

Same with a battle damaged version. It would be killer to have one, but not first, second, or third.

Agreed, same for White Darth Vader I posted a few pages back...

ALL other Vaders must be done first...

devilof76
07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Agreed, same for White Darth Vader I posted a few pages back...

ALL other Vaders must be done first...

That would really be a feat if the line went so deep as to reach a figure like the white Vader and blackhole stormtroopers. With figures like Praji, it suggests that they do intend to be that prolific, and if they can do that without sacrificing second and third rung film characters, I'm all for it. I'd love to see EU jedi and sith at some point (albeit some point in the distant future).

Anzik
07-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Hello Kitty Vader

http://nodependenciesnologo.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/darth-vader.jpg

devilof76
07-18-2008, 02:07 AM
:nono

Didn't they have shirts in the 70's that said "Darth Vader is Gay"? I think I read it in Cujo.

hurricane
07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
in the costuming world there whats known as an 'idealised' vader....

Amir
07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
ROTJ easily

BlueLeader
07-18-2008, 05:31 PM
A Battle Damaged Vader or ROTS version with op table would be sweet but as others have said, only after we get the OT versions in our hands.