Indy (self) Cartoon Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

Thoughts? A project that I'm working on...

Trying to capture Indy (KOTCS) while at the same time going off on a cartoon way...

First impressions (puts on suit of armour).

I like the body language and expression. He looks so tired.

I'd prefer a black line that was thinner though.

I like it! See if maybe you can make the hat a little taller though. I like the style you have choosen. :duff Can't wait to see more.

BadMoon-- You're right on about the hat. This time instead of starting with his face I tackled the hat first to give it its proper dominance--

Darth Waller-- I'm trying something with each of the films-- but to give the old some respect I dashed out a quick TOD Indy.

Entropy Chicken-- Thanks for noticing the fatigue I tried to put into the KOTCS Indy. Did I capture Harrison at all (note this is a blend of the character/actor and a cartoon) in the TOD with more energy?

dvdmalice-- Thanks for the props.

Here's a second quick attempt. Again any comments would be helpful as I continue on this little side project.

I see some Harrison in the cartoon for sure.

I like the TOD one, good energy. His right shoulder starts a bit too low though, gap at the bag strap, and I don't care for the tuft of grass or whatever it is peeking out the top of it, or how his right ear and left eye have open gaps. I don't like seeing his white thumb nail either. Also, Indy's hat band is a very dark brown, almost black color.

With this one, I'd recommend making the hat shape more like the TOD hat you've done.

With both, I'd recommend working on the facial expressions. I get a sense of a lost, confused man from the KOTCS drawing, and fear from the TOD, yet the body of the TOD convey's power and command. The posture on the KOTCS does a nice job of conveying age.

This is moving more along the lines of what I intend to do... Cartoonish and yet still trying to capture specific characters/scenes from the movies.

Irish-- I hadn't considered that (as selling stuff was not my intention) however if there're some freaks out there who like the cartoon style I could possibly do some specific scenes/characters (maybe even move away completely from INDY and try some SW or LOTR as well...hmmm..maybe even--through caricature inserting the likeness of freaks into scenes:D).

Anyway-- the above TOD Indy and Mola Ram were a quick sketch (as the little ones are napping) but once again feedback helps. I think I'm finding the look I want (large heads--- cartoonesque) and I might be ready to tackle a few scenes.

Keep it up man! The style of these is really cool. I like the TOD Indy! The hat is much nicer.

The Russians are coming.

Again my goal is to capture the likeness of a character but at the same time maintain the cartoon style... These'll be shortened (body-wise) but I just wanted to see if I could quickly get the KOTCS baddies.

Thoughts are helpful and welcome.

I really like those! Very Indy like with the feel from those.

Can I get some signed AP Neil? :)

This isn't what I had originally set out to do but I had a quick hour while both wee ones were napping this afternoon (and after all of the yardwork was done)... Anyway-- mixture of the cartoon with the caricature.

Hurts being the #1 superfan.:D

Back