Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Best Portrayed Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • Kevin Conroy

Votes: 18 11.9%

• Total voters
I'll say Michael Keaton only because he portrayed the character with an edge of unbalanced obsession that made it seem plausible that a grown man would be nutty enough to dress up as a giant rubber bat.

Bale as the total package Batman/Bruce Wayne

Keaton was a good Baman.

Kilmer was a good Bruce Wayne.

West is just remembered for laughs only.

Clooney was awful.

Ummmmm....let me think....BALE. He really has done the best job, especially his Batman, it is an excellent portrayal of the Dark Knight. He also does a kick ass Bruce!!! :joy

Where's Kevin Conroy!?:confused: Yeah, I know he was just a voice, but whenever I see animated batman that's who'll be it for me from now on.

As far as the live actors go, definitely Bale!

1. Bale all the way. (for both batman and bruce wayne)
2. Keaton close second (for both)
3. Val Kilmer for batman tied with Clooney for Bruce Wayne
4. Adam West

Where's Kevin Conroy!?:confused: Yeah, I know he was just a voice, but whenever I see animated batman that's who'll be it for me from now on.

As far as the live actors go, definitely Bale!

Yeah! Where is Conroy!? Best Batman by far.

But yeah, I'd say Bale. He has that tragic depressed side of Bruce Wayne down, and his Batman is by far the best one. I'd probably say Keaton after that, but I didn't like him as Wayne. Kilmer was better at that that him.

Sorry cj, had to make an adjustment.:angelsmil

I loved Keaton's pychopathic schizophrenic. He made me believe that you'd have to be crazy to dress up as a giant bat to fight crime.

But Bale (and Nolan) made me believe a guy could do this and NOT be crazy. They are very different characters really, it depends on which interpretation of the character you prefer. Kilmer and Clooney showed up for the paychecks. West did a good job of playing the clown.

Voted Bale.

Keaton played an excellent Batman but IMHO wasn't believable as millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne.

Kilmer played an outstanding Wayne with the kind of swagger that you'd expect and the kind of tortured psyche that was needed for the situation but his Batman left me wanting.

Bale is a perfect mix of both.

Sorry cj, had to make an adjustment.:angelsmil

I loved Keaton's pychopathic schizophrenic. He made me believe that you'd have to be crazy to dress up as a giant bat to fight crime.

But Bale (and Nolan) made me believe a guy could do this and NOT be crazy. They are very different characters really, it depends on which interpretation of the character you prefer. Kilmer and Clooney showed up for the paychecks. West did a good job of playing the clown.

Can you switch my vote from Bale to Conroy then Dave? :D

Well, thanks for editing my post without permission. And secondly.....................................................Christian Bale Sucks Woodies!
Bale completely ruined the Batman image and character.

-CJK

Back