PDA

View Full Version : Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

cjk1000000
07-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Give me your opinions. I HAVE to say Keaton! Nobody will ever make a better Batman!

-CJK

Shai
07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Adam West..........

occulum
07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Adam West..........

ever since I saw the story about how much kitty they banged on set you really cant deny him ..... pimp ... :monkey1

Shai
07-11-2008, 07:55 PM
ever since I saw the story about how much kitty they banged on set you really cant deny him ..... pimp ... :monkey1

:rock:rock:rock

TheObsoleteMan
07-11-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll say Michael Keaton only because he portrayed the character with an edge of unbalanced obsession that made it seem plausible that a grown man would be nutty enough to dress up as a giant rubber bat.

EVILFACE
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Bale as the total package Batman/Bruce Wayne

Keaton was a good Baman.

Kilmer was a good Bruce Wayne.

West is just remembered for laughs only.

Clooney was awful.

King Darkness
07-11-2008, 08:04 PM

Keaton was a good Baman.

Clooney was awful.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

DarthNeil
07-11-2008, 08:04 PM

Keaton was a good Baman.

Clooney was awful.

Bets use of Batnipples though.:rolleyes:

Moonloop
07-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Ummmmm....let me think....BALE. He really has done the best job, especially his Batman, it is an excellent portrayal of the Dark Knight. He also does a kick ass Bruce!!! :joy

UTtoyfan
07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Where's Kevin Conroy!?:confused: Yeah, I know he was just a voice, but whenever I see animated batman that's who'll be it for me from now on.

As far as the live actors go, definitely Bale!

Reinhardt
07-11-2008, 08:28 PM
1. Bale all the way. (for both batman and bruce wayne)
2. Keaton close second (for both)
3. Val Kilmer for batman tied with Clooney for Bruce Wayne
4. Adam West

Buttmunch
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Where's Kevin Conroy!?:confused: Yeah, I know he was just a voice, but whenever I see animated batman that's who'll be it for me from now on.

As far as the live actors go, definitely Bale!

Yeah! Where is Conroy!? Best Batman by far.

But yeah, I'd say Bale. He has that tragic depressed side of Bruce Wayne down, and his Batman is by far the best one. I'd probably say Keaton after that, but I didn't like him as Wayne. Kilmer was better at that that him.

Cocoboloboy
07-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I'll say Michael Keaton only because he portrayed the character with an edge of unbalanced obsession that made it seem plausible that a grown man would be nutty enough to dress up as a giant rubber bat.

Exactly why I liked Keaton.

Darth Rage
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Gotta go with Bale, but I loved Keaton almost as much.

Darth Madden
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Bale easily... but I still think Wesley Snipes would have made a great Batman.

Darklord Dave
07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry cj, had to make an adjustment.:angelsmil

I loved Keaton's pychopathic schizophrenic. He made me believe that you'd have to be crazy to dress up as a giant bat to fight crime.

But Bale (and Nolan) made me believe a guy could do this and NOT be crazy. They are very different characters really, it depends on which interpretation of the character you prefer. Kilmer and Clooney showed up for the paychecks. West did a good job of playing the clown.

The Mike
07-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Voted Bale.

Keaton played an excellent Batman but IMHO wasn't believable as millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne.

Kilmer played an outstanding Wayne with the kind of swagger that you'd expect and the kind of tortured psyche that was needed for the situation but his Batman left me wanting.

Bale is a perfect mix of both.

Buttmunch
07-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry cj, had to make an adjustment.:angelsmil

I loved Keaton's pychopathic schizophrenic. He made me believe that you'd have to be crazy to dress up as a giant bat to fight crime.

But Bale (and Nolan) made me believe a guy could do this and NOT be crazy. They are very different characters really, it depends on which interpretation of the character you prefer. Kilmer and Clooney showed up for the paychecks. West did a good job of playing the clown.

Can you switch my vote from Bale to Conroy then Dave? :D

cjk1000000
07-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, thanks for editing my post without permission. And secondly.......................................... ...........Christian Bale Sucks Woodies!
Bale completely ruined the Batman image and character.

-CJK

King Darkness
07-11-2008, 09:17 PM

-CJK

Explain???

pixletwin
07-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, thanks for editing my post without permission. And secondly................................

:lol:lol:lol

Bale, hands down. Yes he nails BW's depression but he also captures his fake charm as well.

Brent72
07-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I love Bale in the role, but for right now I still have to give the nod to Keaton. That could very well change after next week, though. ;)

piccolodaimaoh
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
For me it has to be Kevin Conroy. His voice is the epitomy of the Dark Knight Detective. Batman the Animated Series has to be the best representation of the Batman character and the Batman Universe.
Kevin Conroy's potrayal of the guardian of Gotham, as both Bruce Wayne and Batman, has been so well respected and received that Batman Gotham Knights is the forth "series" were he is portraying the character.

DarkArtist81
07-11-2008, 10:05 PM

Keaton was a good Baman.

Clooney was awful.

My thoughts exactly. :rock

artistrex
07-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I hate to sound like a band wagon jumper, but I love Bale. And the way Batman Begins elaborates on how and WHY we became Batman. Don't get me wrong I think Keaton did a just as good as a job in the cowl, just in a different vision. I think Kilmer and Clooney had the tools to be as good but just dropped the ball (damn Shumacher). West, well all I have to say is keep it in perspective of the time.

I like the current trend of Directors and writers going back to the material for the basis of their stories, and not just running with what they THINK the story is about. My only complaint is the fact they keep going with a black suit. Why not try the traditional black and Grey. It could work. The new suit looks kinda like a cross between Batman and the clone wars armor.

in closing, I think as long as they keep it true to the material, and not worry about what they can turn into toys or t-shirts they will be good. Granted there are tons of stuff for this movie, but the products are based on the movie, and not someone at WB saying hey what would make a cool toy. If you really want to know what I'm talking about watch Kevin Smith's commentary on Superman Lives and his working with anti-talent John Peters. (Gay robots?)

EVILFACE
07-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, thanks for editing my post without permission. And secondly.......................................... ...........Christian Bale Sucks Woodies!

-CJK
Well, there goes your credibility on any post from now on.

Must not have watched Batman and Robin.

cjk1000000
07-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Which Batman and Robin are we talking about? The Classic (Scooby Doo Era) Cartoon, the West show, or the Clooney film?

-CJK

CelticPredator
07-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Bale. He made me belive one would dress like a bat. No other batman did that for me.

Darklord Dave
07-12-2008, 12:37 AM

-CJK

Sorry for improving the poll.:monkey5

...and I'm guessing from your feeling about Bale that either West or Clooney are your favorite?
:confused:

CelticPredator
07-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Ok look, I didnt want to say this...but are all Burton Batman fans are the same?

"KEATON IS A BADASS, BALE IS LITTLE SISSY BOI!11 EVERYONE IS TEH FAILZ CPET KEATON WHO RULZ. YEYEYZ"A

I have, and will always love the Burton movies, but I think the new Nolan films are way better. Now its alright to have a favorite, but why do Burton fans insult Bale? Its quite immature. Oh and you should see them talk about Ledger....such nice people they are. :rolleyes:

carbo-fation
07-12-2008, 03:22 AM
Who the F#$k voted for Clooney!?!?!?!?

plasmid303
07-12-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm surprised it took this long for this poll to be created!!! In hindsight it seems almost ubiquitous on the SSF boards.

I voted for CB, of course.

Agent23
07-12-2008, 05:22 AM
I liked the Michael Keaton Batman. But, the Christian Bale Batman is easily my favorite.

Les Walker
07-12-2008, 05:25 AM
I voted Conroy. Why? Because to me, the Batman Animated Series is by far, THE BEST RENDITION OF BATMAN EVER PRODUCED! And Kevin Conroy's voice alone IS Batman. So much so, that the others pale in comparison.
However, in the movies, it's Bale by a nose over Keaton. Love them both, but Bale is badass in ways Keaton just can't be. Keaton was cool though, as was Adam West. West's deadpan delivery of a line is almost unmatched.
But Conroy IS Batman for me. Always will be. Somehow, they locked something amazing with casting him.

There yet remains to be seen, the true and definitive movie Batman in my opinion.
But, Bale is close....very much so...

Kabukiman
07-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I voted for Conroy for all the reasons Les stated above. When I read Batman, Conroy is delivering the lines in my head.

I'm a little surprised at the all out love-fest for Bale though. As Bruce Wayne, I think he's fantastic. As Batman, I feel he's a bit too intense and his "growling" voice completely turns me off. So yeah, I like Keaton as Batman over Bale. That doesn't mean I like Burton over Begins, I just prefer Keaton's performance as Bats compared to Bale. The fact that Bale's, imo, over the top performance in the suit didn't ruin Begins (for me) is a testament to Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer.

vader70450
07-12-2008, 09:03 AM
got to tell you guys....i think clooney might have been able to pull it off a good batman....thats if and only if he had a good script and Joel Schumacher was no where near the movie...he has the flair that makes a good wayne..like kilmer had..

Bales growling voice made it for me man...the whole scene when he grabs that guy with the rope and pulls him up and growls in his face....WHHYYY! awesome!!! also when he turns into that demon bat in the mind of scarecrow...

preeny101
07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Bale. No Doubt. He is The Dark Knight.

CelticPredator
07-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Conory is fantastic. I've been watching the series again. Love it even more.

galactiboy
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I still prefer Keaton, at least over Bale in Begins. But the Dark Knight could sway that as his version is a very close second.

I love Adam West as Batman, he worked well with what he had. Clooney was awful, but I agree its probably more the movie than him. Kilmer was very blah to me, no real heart for the character. And Conroy definitely is the voice of Batman, but I still don't instantly think of him when I think of Batman.

Memnoch
07-12-2008, 09:25 AM
For me, its Conroy first, Bale next.

IronFingaz
07-12-2008, 09:32 AM
1. Keaton
2. Bale
3. West
4. Kilmer
5. Clooney

I don't know who the other guy is :confused:

carbo-fation
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
1. Keaton
2. Bale
3. West
4. Kilmer
5. Clooney

He's the guy who voiced the animated Batman.

Kabukiman
07-12-2008, 09:40 AM

:horror :thwak

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4894/nuovo1oy5.jpg

Cocoboloboy
07-12-2008, 09:46 AM
1. Keaton
2. Bale
3. West
4. Kilmer
5. Clooney

I didn't know him either. I have never seen the animated Batman show.

Les Walker
07-12-2008, 09:55 AM

Now THAT is sad! :monkey2
Get them and see them! THE BEST BATMAN EVER! Hands down. Start with the original Batman Animated Series though. The ones from 1991-92 era. Great stuff! Heart of Ice, the first episode with Mr. Freeze, won an Emmy for writing. Best 22 minutes of Batman ever shot. :rock Many great episodes in there. Awesome stuff! There are some great eps on the new 2 disc set of Gotham Knight. See those if nothing else. Heart of Ice is on there.

uscmhicks
07-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Bale for me. :rock

Kratos
07-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I liked Clooney's Bat Nipples :lol

Shai
07-12-2008, 05:48 PM
ADAM WEST FTW !!!!

Voorhees27
07-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Batman Begins is my all time favorite Batman movie but I still picked Michael Keaton. To me Keaton will always be Batman, no doubt. He just flowed more as Wayne IMO.

zedex9r
07-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Get them and see them! THE BEST BATMAN EVER! Hands down. Start with the original Batman Animated Series though. The ones from 1991-92 era. Great stuff! Heart of Ice, the first episode with Mr. Freeze, won an Emmy for writing. Best 22 minutes of Batman ever shot. :rock Many great episodes in there. Awesome stuff! There are some great eps on the new 2 disc set of Gotham Knight. See those if nothing else. Heart of Ice is on there.

Don't forget the excellent 1993 movie Mask of the Phantasm.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/zedex9r/motp.jpg

For me Bale is the best real world definition of Batman and Bruce Wayne. The locations and props are the most believable.

Conroy is a very close second in terms of voice and the delivery of the Batman and Bruce Wayne roles. They were clearly two different persona's.

I really like how both these actors can portray a menacing octave drop in their voice when they took on Batman roles. (on another note, this is something Christopher Reeve also did so well in his roles as Superman and Clark Kent)

artistrex
07-12-2008, 06:10 PM
okay seriously. who di vote for clooney?

King Darkness
07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Is Batman Animated Series complete seasons available on dvd?

piccolodaimaoh
07-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Is Batman Animated Series complete seasons available on dvd?

All four seasons are available on DVD. If you have a Walmart nearby they are usually on sale for like 20 to 30 bucks. I have them all except the 4th season were **** Grayson became Nightwing and the style changed.

I really need to pickup Mask of the Phantasm and the Batman Subzero movie where Mr. Freeze is living at the South Pole.

For me the epitomy of Batman is the original Batman The Animated Series. The episodes with Rha's Al Ghul and the origin of Two-Face and Christmas with the Joker will always have a special place in my heart. Almost Got Him and Heart of Ice are the best episodes IMHO.

King Darkness
07-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks picc. I loved the show when it was originally on, but I have seen an episode in years. Need to pick them up on DVD.

Only 4 seasons? Seems like it ran longer than that.

Anyway, I need to get these on DVD.

creecher
07-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Batman, hmmm, just the name fills my mind with comic book imagery. That is where he was born and belongs, that is his world. It is no wonder the animated version is held so high.

Even though there were early B&W attempts on TV serials for kids, he never really hit his strides till Adam West came along and a proper Batmobile was deemed a necessary expense. This was a spoof and, as such, was perfect in approach and execution.

No matter how real they may try to portray the Batman in film, it is crazy to think a man can don a military suit or costume of any sort to fight crime under the guise of a Batman.

As to who portrayed him the best, I find it difficult to answer. Batman is best portrayed by anyone wearing a Batsuit. From the choices above I'd have to say Adam West as well. Ran the entire Batman gamut, props, vehicles, villians. A complete work, not like the repeated themes used in films where much of the focus is on the directors interpretations.

I happen to like Clooney's Bat Nipples as well. :D

The Monster
07-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Michael Keaton I Wish he was in all the Batman Movies!!!! :D

piccolodaimaoh
07-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks picc. I loved the show when it was originally on, but I have seen an episode in years. Need to pick them up on DVD.

Only 4 seasons? Seems like it ran longer than that.

Anyway, I need to get these on DVD.

If you have cable they show Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends on Jetix on Toon Disney. Comes on everyday.

darkknight
07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I picked Conroys for his voice, but for the movie I would pick Bales. If you guys are interested in BTAS seasons 1-4 they got it at amazon.com. It's $17.99 each with free shipping. I bought seasons 1 & 2 already had 3 & 4. I also got my bluray Batman Begins Special Edition Gift Pack and bluray Gotham Knight w/free shipping there. http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Animated-Comics-Classic-Collection/dp/B00023E894/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1215920957&sr=8-1

cjk1000000
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Mask of the Phantasm was the ^^^^! I remember, that used to be my favorite movie when I was little.

-CJK

DarkArtist81
07-12-2008, 10:10 PM
For me the epitomy of Batman is the original Batman The Animated Series. The episodes with Rha's Al Ghul and the origin of Two-Face and Christmas with the Joker will always have a special place in my heart. Almost Got Him and Heart of Ice are the best episodes IMHO.

Same here... I grew up watching that show and it just deepened my love for the characters in the Bat-universe. Heart of Ice is my favorite by far and the perfect example of how to portray Mr. Freeze on film in the future.

That show had so many great stories, and brought new depth to the origins of the characters. They did exceptional work with Two Face, Joker, even Clayface. Amazing show, great writing and stunning voice talent. :rock2

CelticPredator
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Guys, Batman: TAS is on everyday around 8 or so, on Toon Disney. Look it up.

Odowankenobi
07-12-2008, 11:01 PM
To me there is only one Batman, and that is Kevin Conroy. His voice is the one I hear in my head when I read the comic books. Even if he didn't actually do the physical work, no other actor has come closer to capturing Batman.

nsmpls
07-13-2008, 01:32 AM
everyone like bale hes good but i dont like how his voice changes when hes batman other then that great

fett1
07-13-2008, 03:52 AM
I would have too say that all who have portrayed the Batman have all equally done an excellent job in their respective roles. Each took on the persona of the Batman from the particular year that they portrayed him. I was,nt overly keen on Val Kilmer, but the more I have seen this movie, it does tend too grow on you...But if it came down too one actor , I would have too say that Chris Bale takes the vote, He was an actor that I was not that familiar with until he reprised the Batman Begins Role. He is exactly what you would expect of the current day Batman and he brings a real sinister, prowess to the character... It is hard to now imagine any other as the Bat.........................So Say,s The Leader.................:naughty:naughty:naughty

plasmid303
07-13-2008, 03:54 AM
everyone like bale hes good but i dont like how his voice changes when hes batman other then that great

I don't mind the voice, but my friends joke that Batman has laryngitis. :lol I'm always the first to defend the voice. It's realistic - I mean, if Bruce used his normal voice as Batman (like how almost EVERY Batman actor, live-action or animated, does), someone is bound to figure it out and recognize it sooner or later, so the raspy tone is necessary. I don't see Adam West, Clooney, or anyone else doing that...maybe Conroy does it, but it's very subtle to me.

I also like his angry/yelling voice. I.E. in the TDK trailers where he yells "Where is he?!" to what looks like a Joker henchman. Or the sequence in Batman Begins in which he's hanging Flass from the rooftops.

I wish this poll included "Bruce Wayne" in the title. Without Bruce Wayne, there wouldn't be a Batman, and I think Bale gave us the definitive Wayne (demeanor AND physicality), even if his Batman isn't the best.

fett1
07-13-2008, 04:14 AM
I don't mind the voice, but my friends joke that Batman has laryngitis. :lol I'm always the first to defend the voice. It's realistic - I mean, if Bruce used his normal voice as Batman (like how almost EVERY Batman actor, live-action or animated, does), someone is bound to figure it out and recognize it sooner or later, so the raspy tone is necessary. I don't see Adam West, Clooney, or anyone else doing that...maybe Conroy does it, but it's very subtle to me.

I also like his angry/yelling voice. I.E. in the TDK trailers where he yells "Where is he?!" to what looks like a Joker henchman. Or the sequence in Batman Begins in which he's hanging Flass from the rooftops.

I wish this poll included "Bruce Wayne" in the title. Without Bruce Wayne, there wouldn't be a Batman, and I think Bale gave us the definitive Wayne (demeanor AND physicality), even if his Batman isn't the best.

If he played the definative Wayne, then that quite simply flows over to the Bat charactor...........As you stated ,,,Without Bruce Wayne there would,nt be a Batman.......:confused::confused::confused:

Dark_Spidey
07-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Keaton was the greatest:bow

As much as I like Bale as an actor, he sucks big time as Batman (cool Bruce Wayne though).

fett1
07-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Keaton was the greatest:bow

As much as I like Bale as an actor, he sucks big time as Batman (cool Bruce Wayne though).

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What Batman Begins movie were some of you guys watching ??????????

:confused::confused::confused:

Ironman1188
07-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Of those in the poll, I'd have to go with Conroy, then Bale. However, I think this is the best Batman ever put on film, albeit too short.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ironman1188/Super%20Heroes/BatmanDeadEnd15.jpg

Kabukiman
07-13-2008, 07:39 AM
if Bruce used his normal voice as Batman (like how almost EVERY Batman actor, live-action or animated, does)...

I think you need to watch TAS again. The voice change from Bruce to Bats was very distinguishable.

EVILFACE
07-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Of those in the poll, I'd have to go with Conroy, then Bale. However, I think this is the best Batman ever put on film, albeit too short.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ironman1188/Super%20Heroes/BatmanDeadEnd15.jpg

He is a good looking Batman, but no where near enough screentime or lines to judge him against the Batman portrayals in the real movies.

IronFingaz
07-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Yeah, i havnt seen anyof it either.

Are these the one's your talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=batman+animated

bumblebee
07-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Christian Bale

Ironman1188
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
He is a good looking Batman, but no where near enough screentime or lines to judge him against the Batman portrayals in the real movies.

Perhaps, but between Dead End and World's Finest, I know I like him better than Clooney, Kilmer and Keaton.

Darth Waller
07-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I know he's two dimensional, but Frank Miller's Batman kicked all kinds of ass. :rock

Dr.Mirakle32
07-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Keaton, no doubt. He had the quiet intensity of a psycopath, and was able to convey alot with his eyes alone. I also liked his different portrayal of Bruce Wayne, as a distracted introvert, rather than the typical loud, obnoxious playboy type. He seems like there's something brewing inside of him. And of course, he had the voice.

Who cares about his height? If Batman was naturally this massive, roided up hulk, he wouldn't have to be all decked out in a total bat costume to be intimidating. Keaton was in good shape, and in the costume, he made it seem that his inner persona would feel comfortable and take over. Plus, Keaton played Batman as this badass who wasn't affraid to kill when he had to-- just like the character Bob Kane and Bill Finger created back in 1939.

Bale is FANTASTIC, don't get me wrong, and I hope he stays as Batman for many films to come. Sure he has the build and attitude of the comic Wayne, but his Batman only builds on what Keaton left, making him louder.

Again, qithout a doubt, I prefer both Wayne and Batman the way Keaton portrayed them.

DVDVampire
07-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Conroy = Best Batman Period! :joy

Bale is a close second.

Gruff Old Bear
07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
What do the two guys at the bottom of the poll share in common? Anybody else get the feeling that if this poll asked about directors, Joel Schumacher wouldn't do so hot? :lol

gabberjawa
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
It's definitely between Keaton and Bale, none of the others are even close.

You gotta give Keaton credit for the respect he's earned because he is a very unlikely choice for Bruce Wayne.

Bale is one of those guys that just is born to play the character.

fett1
07-15-2008, 12:53 AM
It's definitely between Keaton and Bale, none of the others are even close.

You gotta give Keaton credit for the respect he's earned because he is a very unlikely choice for Bruce Wayne.

Bale is one of those guys that just is born to play the character.

Owned.................................:D:D:D

8th wonder
07-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Keaton, the voice, the stare, the awsome bat-moves.

I don't mind Bale though.

EVILFACE
07-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Poor Kilmer, no love. And he was better than Clooney who has 2?????

anti-hero
07-15-2008, 08:01 AM

Those have to be joke / troll type votes. Anyway, have to go with Bale just because he portrayed both Wayne and Bats so well. I loved Keaton as Wayne but not as Batman. Loved Kilmer as Batman (tho not as much as Bale) but not as Wayne. I probably would've voted Conroy over Bale, but since it's voice acting only I can't give him the edge. Plus his Wayne has always annoyed me.

Darth Rage
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20071004/293.kilmer.val.100407.jpg

Poor Kilmer indeed.

Darth Madden
07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
OMG... I thought that guy who was pregenet all ready had the kid.

EVILFACE
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Guess he likes to eat when he is looking at his checkbook!!

bwayne
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I voted Conroy. Why? Because to me, the Batman Animated Series is by far, THE BEST RENDITION OF BATMAN EVER PRODUCED! And Kevin Conroy's voice alone IS Batman. So much so, that the others pale in comparison.
However, in the movies, it's Bale by a nose over Keaton. Love them both, but Bale is badass in ways Keaton just can't be. Keaton was cool though, as was Adam West. West's deadpan delivery of a line is almost unmatched.
But Conroy IS Batman for me. Always will be. Somehow, they locked something amazing with casting him.

There yet remains to be seen, the true and definitive movie Batman in my opinion.
But, Bale is close....very much so...

My thoughts exactly. As much as I love Bale's performance, the animated versions with Conroy are the closest to the character in the comic that I grew up enjoying.

CelticPredator
07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
A huge B:TAS marathon is coming this friday! Set your TIVOs!

Kabukiman
07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
A huge B:TAS marathon is coming this friday! Set your TIVOs!

What channel?

CelticPredator
07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Toon Disney. Sorry. On my cable its channel 76.

Kabukiman
07-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks!

___

Dr.Mirakle32
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Ugh, TDK made me dislike Bale's Batman even more. Honestly, he still did a good job, and was perfect as Wayne, but his batvoice annoyed the piss out of me more than it did in the first film. God, I miss Keaton.

plasmid303
07-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't mind the laryngitis, though I wish he'd tone it down a bit. He's still the top Batman in my eyes. Physique, grimace, ass-kicking ability. It's just the whispery room voice that bothers me. When he yells, it's a different story (it's a frightening growl, but he spits).

I wonder if the voice is something Bale cooked up himself, or was insisted upon by Nolan. Guess we may never know.

Ven
07-16-2008, 12:10 AM
those who've seen it can you rate me how good the movie is from a scale 1 to 10? not you dr.mirakle you're bias already lol.

Dr.Mirakle32
07-16-2008, 12:12 AM
those who've seen it can you rate me how good the movie is from a scale 1 to 10? not you dr.mirakle you're bias already lol.

My review is in the spoiler section and the only major spoiler is censored. I would give it an 8/10.

dunedain
07-16-2008, 12:15 AM
It's Cristian Bale for me. He's just perfect as Batman and also as Bruce Wayne.

Ven
07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
My review is in the spoiler section and the only major spoiler is censored. I would give it an 8/10.

oh thanks a bunch, I wont bother going in that thread as I swore to myself that I won't, thanks.

plasmid303
07-16-2008, 12:34 AM

Can you put this in perspective? what would you give Batman Begins, and the 89 Batman for that matter.

And Venakin said that you're bias. Dunno if he was joking or not. :confused:

Dr.Mirakle32
07-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Can you put this in perspective? what would you give Batman Begins, and the 89 Batman for that matter.

And Venakin said that you're bias. Dunno if he was joking or not. :confused:

Here are some hilights from my review:

I liked BATMAN BEGINS, don't get me wrong; but I always tended to prefer the original Burton film. Its probably safe to say TDK is the finest of Batman movies, and even though the title hints at it, I was surprised by how surprisingly dark and emotional it was.

Overall, a solid 4/5 and probably the BEST bat-film yet. This could be Nolan's last Batman, and I would be satisfied. As good as IRON MAN, but with me, it's apples and oranges. Here is how I rank the series:

1. THE DARK KNIGHT: The modern, hi-tech Batman comics of the 90's and 00's. A modern crime drama. 4/5
2. BATMAN: The classic Batman of the 30's and 40's as Kane and Finger created him. Gothic horror meets Warner gangster. 3.75/5
3. BATMAN BEGINS: A pretty faithful adaptation of YEAR ONE, mixed with the O'NEIL stories of the 70's. Origin Story. 3.5/5
4. BATMAN RETURNS: An original Tim Burton film. German Expressionism. 3/5
5. BATMAN FOREVER: The campy comics of the 50's and 60's updated for the 90's. Typical Summer blockbuster. 2.75/5

Did I miss any?
:angelsmil

plasmid303
07-16-2008, 01:12 AM
^ Ah, thanks. If that was originally posted in the TDK spoilers thread, I woulda never saw it.

Buttmunch
07-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Ugh, TDK made me dislike Bale's Batman even more. Honestly, he still did a good job, and was perfect as Wayne, but his batvoice annoyed the piss out of me more than it did in the first film. God, I miss Keaton.

I thought the Batvoice was MUCH better this time around. Sounded nasely and whiney in BB, but sounded like a growl in this one, which I think really fits well with the character.

pixletwin
07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Agree with Buttmuch. :lecture

I saw it last night (same theater as BM) and I would give it a sold 9.5/10. Did HL's Joker bring Tom Waits to anyone else's mind. I hadn't read anywhere that he based his interpretation on Wait, but it was a dead on impersonation of him.

I loved it. :rock

Darth Caedus
07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Let's see...

Michael Keaton = Crappy Wayne, God Bats
Christian Bale = Crappy Bats, Good Wayne (his Bats voice is just pathetic, if only he had some mechnical device to augment his voice, it would have been better)
Kevin Conroy = Great Wayne, Great Bats

Conroy wins.

Cocoboloboy
07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Conroy only did a voiceover though. To me you can't really say he "portrayed" Batman the best. Maybe he sounded the best as Batman but portrayed?

MaulFan
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Conroy only did a voiceover though. To me you can't really say he "portrayed" Batman the best. Maybe he sounded the best as Batman but portrayed?

Ya, I think you'd have to say Batman: TAS Batman and Wayne, a combination of Conroy's voice and the animators efforts brought that to life.

I like Bale the most, he's a fantastic Wayne and I enjoy him as Batman. I think what they do with his voice is good, it's so departed from Wayne's voice, aids in the cover. Keaton's voice sounded nice, but Batman and Keaton were very close in sound so one with a sharp ear might go, hmmm sounds like Bruce Wayne to me. I'm still amazed how Bale does either voice with how his natural one sounds.

Darth Caedus
07-16-2008, 10:33 AM

You could argue that, but just the force of that voice, with my love for that show, just bring to mind Conroy's voice whenever someone mentions batman

Cocoboloboy
07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm really gonna have to check the animated series out. Too many here are raving about it. I'm just not into modern cartoons and animation.

Darth Caedus
07-16-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm really gonna have to check the animated series out. Too many here are raving about it. I'm just not into modern cartoons and animation.

That series and JLU are some of my favorite animated series ever. I belive someone on YouTube has every episode on there. I'll look for it when I get home

Little fun fact: Kevin Conroy went to Julliard at the same time as Christopher Reeve......

Kabukiman
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Yes you are. It's my fave cartoon of all time. Possibly my fave TV show of all time. Though, I don't think you can call a show from 1992 "modern" anymore :lol

Glad to hear more people speaking up about Bale's bat-voice, good to know I'm not the only one that's put off by it. His voice (as well as some other aspects of his performance) far too intense for what I think Batman should be.

anti-hero
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Glad to hear more people speaking up about Bale's bat-voice, good to know I'm not the only one that's put off by it. His voice (as well as some other aspects of his performance) far too intense for what I think Batman should be.

That's funny. It's his intensity that makes me love him as Batman. I still remember how cool it was to see him grab up Flass and question him.

"Swear to me!"

Still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

Cocoboloboy
07-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Yes you are. It's my fave cartoon of all time. Possibly my fave TV show of all time. Though, I don't think you can call a show from 1992 "modern" anymore :lol

1992. I had no idea.:o I thought this was something kinda recent.

As far as Bales voice goes I just saw a clip of Bats, Gordon and Dent talking and I didn't care for his voice either. Made me want to give him a Halls. Seeing the whole movie may change my mind though.

And as far as this thread topic goes: Keaton :rock

Darth Caedus
07-16-2008, 01:27 PM
That's funny. It's his intensity that makes me love him as Batman. I still remember how cool it was to see him grab up Flass and question him.

"Swear to me!"

Still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

See, it would have been a GREAT line if his voice didn't sound retarded and lame, I could have made a more menacing voice. I really hope they changed that for TDK.

plasmid303
07-16-2008, 01:36 PM
"WHERE IS HE!?!?"

Josette
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Bale. He gave more depth and presence to the character, IMO.

piccolodaimaoh
07-16-2008, 04:20 PM

Agreed, Batman TAS is not so much a modern cartoon anymore but Conroy's work on Justice League and Justice League Unlimited as Batman still gives me chills.

Hearing the few people come forward and admit that they have never seen Batman The Animated Series makes me feel good that there have been so many members saying nothing but good things about this series.
Probably the greatest Comic/Super hero/Action series ever made as a cartoon and it is about Batman. If you have not seen it and you have Toon Disney it comes on everyday, once in the morning and once in the evening. Supposedly there is going to be a Batman TAS marathon on Friday on Toon Disney. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Oh, also among my favorite episodes is Heart of Steel parts I and II. Maybe the best sci-fi episode of the series.

screamingmetal
07-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Wow, poor Val Kilmer gets no votes! He's a far better Batman then either Clooney, or Adam West.
For me Conroy is the best Batman, same as until I see The Dark Knight, Hamill makes the best Joker. Bale is the best live action Batman out of the list though.

Reinhardt
07-17-2008, 06:53 AM
it is very hard to compare a voice actor to a live action actor. Kevin Conroy is great, but to see him actually act in a live action movie is another story.

The Craw
07-17-2008, 07:05 AM
gotta go with bale. i was never into batman until i saw BB. ive seen the rest of the movies but they were just ok movies. and i like bales batman voice. that is what sells it for me. its like a split personality. batman is a completely different entity than wayne. he's not just a guy in a mask. he becomes someone else. the only other version of batman i enjoyed was the animated series. watched that all the time as a teenager. the only episode i can remember is the Mr. Freeze episode. that was a damn fine story. i wish they could do something similar to that with the nolan/bale franchise.

cjk1000000
07-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I agree. He's not just a guy in a mask. He's a ****** in a mask! Bale makes Batman appear as a GIMP!

-CJK

Alice Adrenochrome
07-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't know; this is like asking "who portrayed James Bond best?" There's a Batman for every generation, just like there's a Bond for every generation. My Bond is Roger Moore, my Batman is Keaton. Does that mean that the other Batmans and Bonds are bad? Not at all. The ones I choose are just a part of my nostalgia. I think Bale is a rock hard batman, glad he took the job. Daniel Craig on the other hand... I need to see a few more Bond movies of his until I feel comfortable... When is the next Bond in the theatres btw? :D

plasmid303
07-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Craig's gonna be back as Bond in November.

And Bale is a good Batman, but he's better in his other movies.