Kevin Smith and Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you read his Superman script?.., The dialogue (of course) at points is really good and without studio interference (of which he speaks about) it might have made for an interesting (possibly quite good) Superman film.

I see him as a genius.His comic run of Daredevil was amazing.Pretty funny interviw too.

is the Smith script available to be read? I should check online.

I googled it a while ago. It's pretty bad, but have to remember what he had to work with.

It's weird you posted this, I was mentioning this very video in another thread.

Smith would have done a decent job with a story but, Burton was destined to fail, because Superman is not dark and brooding, perhaps that why so many people don't like him.

anyway it's funny as hell everyone should watch this clip

Kevin Smith is a great monologist, that's for sure. I've read his Superman script though and it's not all that.

The script was kinda cr appy...very disappointing coming from a fan boy like him...the vid is funny though. He sure knows how to tell a tale

Kevin Smith is a great monologist, that's for sure. I've read his Superman script though and it's not all that.

Yea, his Supes script isn't great, but it's not horrible either. Much better than Superman III and IV (but then again, crap on a stick is better than those two films). I have a copy if any of you want to read it. I kind of liked JJ Abram's script a little more, that was more Clark Kent character driven while Smith's was more Alien/Krypton driven.

That clip is from the 4.5 hour film AN EVENING WITH KEVIN SMITH. I have seen it and it's HILARIOUS. If you get a chance to see it, see it.

What's SO funny is that the Thanagarian Snare Beast and the sidekick are actually in his script

Last edited:
Love Kevin Smith and all his movies(except for Jersey Girl). The first Evening with Kevin Smith DVD is great, but the second one(Evening Harder) isn't quite as good.

Back