• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Help CJK Find Detolf's!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjk1000000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Folks, I am currently trying to remodel/re-furnish my room. I NEED DETOLFS! I want about two Detolfs SO BAD, but I live in Savannah, GA. The only Ikea near here is in Atlanta and they don't ship Detolfs and it's too far of a drive. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
CJK

Its only about 3 hrs or so from Atlanta, I know I drive down there once a year to buy cases and it normally takes me 4 hrs down there 2 hrs in Ikea and 4 hrs back. It is a full day. I would highly suggest taking a large truck and just buying a ton of them. I own 12 and there is still 4 in my garage that I need to put together.

I got a shipping quote from them even though I live in the Atlanta area. I was just curious how much they'd charge to ship. $80 per unit. Good luck! I think your best bet is to get your mom to drive you to Atlanta for a day trip or something.

Dude, Id go myself, but it's just SO DAMN BORING! I don't really want to drive all of the way up to Atlanta just to buy some cabinets.

-CJK

Dude, Id go myself, but it's just SO DAMN BORING! I don't really want to drive all of the way up to Atlanta just to buy some cabinets.

-CJK

Unfortunately thats the only thing you can do. If you really want them and don't want to drive, call IKEA customer service and have them get you a shipping quote. Like I said, you'll be looking at $80-100 per unit but you may have that in gas there and back.

Atlanta is the closest one to me too. I'm waiting to have a business trip over there so my company will pay for gas...although it's only a 2 hour drive for me.

you just need to drive because Ikea's shipping rates/handling charges are very steep.

I am not sure if it is this weekend or the previous one but I thought I saw a thread somewhere that said Detolfs were on sale for $39.

Unfortunately thats the only thing you can do. If you really want them and don't want to drive, call IKEA customer service and have them get you a shipping quote. Like I said, you'll be looking at $80-100 per unit but you may have that in gas there and back.

You mean $80-$100 as shipping, or total including the cabinet?

-CJK

Have you tried looking at www.ikea.com? I don't know what shipping would be, though. Probably close to what has already been stated, but they do have Detolfs on the site for purchase.

How many hours does it really take to get from your house to IKEA? If it takes 3 hours or less, just take the drive and get it over with. Besides, you'll get to see all the other nice little goodies that IKEA sells that could potentially bolster your display. My recommendation is to bring somebody with you to keep you company on the trip or bring some decent music with you.

OK folks. I've come to the decision that when I get the money, I'll take my cousin along and make the drive. I'll have to have a map and about $200-$300 though. I'll want more than two for that entire fricking ride! Plus, I'll probably make a vacation out of it and stay the night. I REALLY don't feel like driving for that long TWICE in one day! Thanks for all of the help and support guys.

-CJK

these things are heavy and when I say heavy I mean heavy.
Its unbelievable how much they weigh. My dads a big guy and he had trouble picking one up with me too. Make sure you ask one of the guys to help you out or you will have a bad back for the rest of your natural days. :lol

Hope you get em man !. They rock ! :rock

Back