Classic Nintendo Systems, Accessories, Etc. Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
I grew up in the 80's and I remember my parents getting my older brother and I the Nintendo Deluxe that came with R.O.B. the robot and the zapper gun, 2 controllers, 2 games (Duck hunt and Gyromite). I still got my NES with allot of games some where stored at my parents house. But the thing is that I can remember is that my dad asked me one day if the robot still works I told him I don't know just throw it away:banghead. We hardly used R.O.B. and it still was stored in the original box, so my dad threw the whole box along with R.O.B. and the accessories. So I posted on the WTB thread for a R.O.B., and today I just won one for $26. I want to get my Classic NES and R.O.B. and put it next to my PS3 and Wii. I may not play it, but it's a nice display piece and brings back allot of memories.

Just talked to my dad about the NES, he said he knows where it is and he said he didn't throw the robot away. If he didn't throw it away... anyone interested in a R.O.B. since I just won one today on ebay. Gonna head to my parents house after work.

No luck on finding my NES and SNES, just found my PS1 in a box with 2 NES remote. So I went ahead on ebay and won these 2. So does anyone else still got their NES or SNES Systems?
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290244629547
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250269653710

Yeah, I still have my original NES... it actually crapped out last year, but I was able to buy a replacement pin set and just like that it was back from the grave!

I've actually got the NES, SNES, N64 and Wii all hooked up to the TV. The Wii is permanently plugged-in, but the rest and be swapped in and out with a few plug changes :rock

I still have my NES and it works great.

My mom made me sell my Atari w/15 games for 10$ at a garage sale and I also had to get rid of my Sega in order to buy my N64.

For my first wedding anniversary my wife bought me a Sega and about 5 games. Brought back good memories.

Not sure if anyone knows about this, I'm sure someone does. But when my father traded in the Nes for the Snes he also got this thing called a "ufo" that sat right inside the Snes, ontop like any game. What you did was, sit it inside, put a floppy disc in the side of the ufo and load a game on top. The game would copy to the disc and then you didn't need the cartridge anymore. It was an easy way to get all the games you wanted at a fraction of the cost.

I want to get a ufo again since my father didn't keep it, but they are kind of more than I want to spend these days.

Anyways, I loved it. Y'all should look into it.

Hmm... never heard of the UFO. One friend had the Game Genie... althought that always seemed like it would take all the fun away.

this thread rocks...i have many of my old systems in the attic. i play most of them now on my laptop through roms. i have just about all of them:
NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Graphix -16, Sega CD, Sega 32x, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, 3DO, Playstation, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox.
have, but non working:
3DO, Neo Geo, Commodore 64

Yeah, I still have my original NES... it actually crapped out last year, but I was able to buy a replacement pin set and just like that it was back from the grave!

I've actually got the NES, SNES, N64 and Wii all hooked up to the TV. The Wii is permanently plugged-in, but the rest and be swapped in and out with a few plug changes :rock

Just get a switcher box, I just got one. 4 outputs, one to my PS3, Wii, DVD/VCR player and SNES. And once I get my NES I can hook it up to the RF switcher. I may not be playing the NES or SNES as much but I like the looks of it on my shelf.

my NES still worked as of last year.:rock the controllers are getting pretty bad though. i took them apart and the plastic buttons are cracking form the inside, and the rubber pads are tearing inside as well. shouldnt be to hard to replace if they ever die completely. most nintendos only need a new 72 pin connector to fix them. you can buy them on ebay for under $5.00. it's a pretty easy fix. aparently the design of the NES wears out the pin connector cuz you need to push the game cartridge down to lock it in place. this puts too much pressure on the connector. it's a flawed design on Nintendos part. sorry. didnt mean to be a NES geek.:lol

my NES still worked as of last year.:rock the controllers are getting pretty bad though. i took them apart and the plastic buttons are cracking form the inside, and the rubber pads are tearing inside as well. shouldnt be to hard to replace if they ever die completely. most nintendos only need a new 78 pin connector to fix them. you can buy them on ebay for under $5.00. it's a pretty easy fix. aparently the design of the NES wears out the pin connector cuz you need to push the game cartridge down to lock it in place. this puts too much pressure on the connector. it's a flawed design on Nintendos part. sorry. didnt mean to be a NES geek.:lol

No, thanks for sharing. I just found out about the 72 pins a few weeks ago which made me purchase a NES off ebay. I actually just got mines from nintendorepairshop.com. It came with a tool to open the cartridge, cleaning clothes, 2 different bottles of cleaning solution and the 72 pins for around $20, or if you want just the 72 pins it will run $8.50.
https://www.nintendorepairshop.com/shopexd.asp?id=78
I also just bought another SNES complete with 5 games still in the boxes and he threw in 3 Famcom games (Japan SNES) and he also threw in a NES console with 2 remotes and missing the AC adapter and RF cable. All for $25 on craigslist. Still waiting for my NES and SNES I won off ebay. Now I got 2 NES and 2 SNES and 2 ROB the Robot. Damn I think I'm going crazy on these consoles.

i really only keep my NES for zelda. i love that game so much that sometimes i pull the old NES out of storage just to play it. my zelda cartridge is about 20 years old and that battery back up thingy still saves every game.:google weird.

Just get a switcher box, I just got one. 4 outputs, one to my PS3, Wii, DVD/VCR player and SNES. And once I get my NES I can hook it up to the RF switcher. I may not be playing the NES or SNES as much but I like the looks of it on my shelf.

I actually prefer to have them out of the way... not at lot of space on my entertainment unit. So I have the systems not in use hidden in the side panels. But if I even move to a more inclusive set up I'll keep that in mind.

Back