Sideshow does Disney

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
Or is at least distributing some of their products. MNF Enesco

Is it just me, or are these way overpriced?

$650
900164_press01-001.jpg

$600
900182_press01-001.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like, but seem pricey.

If SS did a Disney line that was affordable (i.e. less than $300), I'd probably pick some up.

I'm not looking for a PF of Donald Duck, but a diorama scene like this Pirates, but a more popular choice for less bucks and I'd consider it.

To be exact these are distributed WDCC products. Walt Disney Classic Collection are their high end sculptures and statues so the pricing isn't really that surprising especially considering how extensive this line already is...

Here is the official site:
https://www.enesco.com/cat_Brand_Walt-Disney-Classics-Collection_1793.html

My wife is amazingly into these but she has only a couple of the higher end pieces and a few of the figurines.

looks good but I wouldnt pay those kind of $$$ for Disney stuff.

I saw the demon a year or two ago... very nice, but no way I'd pay that. There is a really cool stained glass style one of him I'd like to get that was much more affordable.

a 10" bust for $650? :lol :lol :lol

laugh f'kn riot!!!

and what's even funnier, they will eventually sell all of them. it's porcelin but heated instead of cold cast like bowen? does the process warrant the giant price tag? anyway, cool looking, definitely not worth the cash. you can get an im 1:1 for less.

I remember this piece:
WCI-offtotheball.jpg

going for around 2,000 dollars (apparently the common price now is around 3,000). That is way too much, it's only 10" high, and 30" wide, and of course made of porcelain. I don't know about you guys, but porcelain statues always look incredibly fake to me. Way too shiny and everything. And how many other collectibles could you buy for that cash?

The POTC statue is nice but for some reason Enesco the makers of the actual statue are waaaaaay to proud of there stuff. Prices are insane for what you get.

Night on Bald Mountain is one of my favorite movie moments of all time, I really want the Chernobog statue.

But I really want to stay married more.:eek:

The production values are nowhere as high as the stuff we're used to seeing from Sideshow. The target market for this isn't aware that you can get more statue for your money these days.

Back