Kotobukiya Indy/Henry Jones Sr. review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
As promised, tonight is the second of two Indy collectible reviews in a row. I'm checking out the new statues (model kits) from Kotobukiya of Indy and his dad, Henry Jones Sr.

These are a mixed bag. Like many of the Kotobukiya human likenesses, the head sculpts are lacking in some ways. From certain angles (and certain conditions) they look great, and from others, not so great.

But the work on the body, the design of the poses, and the interchangeable parts manage to keep these guys afloat. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Unfortunately, my hard drive crash took out almost all my email. If you've sent me anything recently and haven't gotten a response, or sent me a guest review that hasn't gotten posted, please resend, as all that is now history.

Have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Hey, Michael... did you see that Sideshow just put up another $70 STAR WARS figure (Ki Adi Mundi) for pre-order on the Buck body? :monkey1

Oh, it's okay. Hell, I didn't realized I hadn't updated the main page with the link for two hours - who the Hell am I to say anything? :D

That Henry is great looking. He could use a little more lip paint but great likeness and pose.

Indy though. Hmm, the sculpt is there but the paint is VERY minimal.

Great review as always!

I just don't feel these figures... Koto does a nice job on non-human likeness characters, but their human sculpts always seem like they are posing for a glamour shot.

"Kick, ball change...
and Jazz Hands!!!"
review_kotoindy_9.jpg

Michael I also saw that you did a review of some of the new Marvel Legends Hulk wave...I'm very interested in those.Unfortunately you've bought the figures I least want in this line...Will you do a review of the rest of the line(King Hulk, Son Of Hulk,She-Hulk,The end Hulk) ???

Michael I also saw that you did a review of some of the new Marvel Legends Hulk wave...I'm very interested in those.Unfortunately you've bought the figures I least want in this line...Will you do a review of the rest of the line(King Hulk, Son Of Hulk,She-Hulk,The end Hulk) ???

hijack.gif

Isn't this thread about Kotobukiya Indy/Henry Jones Sr ?

You should post this under Marvel or PM the question.

It's a valid question and one that's not derailing the thread.
I also am interested in thoughts on King Hulk, Son Of Hulk,She-Hulk,The end Hulk... Feel free Michael to respond to Shai's request in the Marvel section but by all means give us a heads up here if you are going to review those highly (by some) anticipated Legends figs (might just get me back interested in those things:D).

It's a valid question and one that's not derailing the thread.
I also am interested in thoughts on King Hulk, Son Of Hulk,She-Hulk,The end Hulk... Feel free Michael to respond to Shai's request in the Marvel section but by all means give us a heads up here if you are going to review those highly (by some) anticipated Legends figs (might just get me back interested in those things:D).

thank you Mr.Mod.....:bow:bow:bow

Zedex.....:wave :lol

Awesome. Can't wait.:D

Back to Kotobukiya Indy/Henry Sr. talk.

Isn't that what it was supposed to be about in the first place ?

This was way off topic and you know it :rolleyes:

Just like how this review is posted under the Indiana Jones section, there is an entire section of this forum dedicated to Marvel. There is now need for the inane hulk fanaticism to spread across this entire forum under the guise of just "asking" a question, it is getting pretty pathetic.

Perhaps you should set up a new "sticky" called "Ask Michael Crawford a question" under Other Topics for those who want to know about upcoming reviews, instead of derailing threads.

If there is upcoming news of any Marvel products it should be posted in the appropriate section.

I know that you are new to being a moderator but you will get the hang of it.

Last edited:

Just like how this review is posted under the Indiana Jones section, there is an entire section of this forum dedicated to Marvel. There is now need for the inane hulk fanaticism to spread across this entire forum under the guise of just "asking" a question, it is getting pretty pathetic.

Perhaps you should set up a new "sticky" called "Ask Michael Crawford a question" under Other Topics for those who want to know about upcoming reviews, insteading of derailing threads.

If there is upcoming news of any Marvel products it should be posted in the appropriate section.

Dude, people have been asking all kind of question to Mike Crawford in his threads...The administration of this site never had any problem with that...Your request is moronic... Does my only one post even bother you that much..??? I question your real intentions..I think you're an agitator.

Perhaps you should set up a new "sticky" called "Ask Michael Crawford a question" under Other Topics for those who want to know about upcoming reviews, insteading of derailing threads.

Thanks for your concern.
Stick to what you do and I'll do the same.
This thread wasn't clicking at a mile a minute and a simple question is hardly a derailment--- your constant need to point out a derailment is however seemingly a derailment. Note the irony?

Back