Inglorious Bastards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
inglorious-bastards-script.jpg

Tarantino's long held up project is finally looking to get moving. For those who don't know:

Latino Review and Vulture have read Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards script and they're saying, respectively, that it's like "if you took the bad guy swagger of RESERVOIR DOGS, the uber coolness and structure of PULP FICTION, throw in the revenge angle of KILL BILL, set it in World War II" and "like Kill Bill meets The Dirty Dozen meets Cinema Paradiso." You can read the specifics and plot details at either site, but both use the term "awesome" in describing it, which is usually a positive.

Also:

According to Deadline Hollywood Daily, Brad Pitt is being courted to star in the long-gestating Quentin Tarantino helmed War pic “Inglorious Bastards”.

Studios – including Paramount and Sony – are currently vying to pick the film up, says the site. Harvey Weinstein (“I’m happy to produce, but I sure as ^^^^ ain’t got nothing money for you Quentin – remember “Grindhouse”?) and Lawrence Bender will produce.

“Bastards”, which at one time (don’t know whether any of them are still involved) had Adam Sandler, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth onboard, is about a group of soldiers on their way to be executed who get the chance of a reprieve. Assuming Pitt will play the Captain? (maybe that’s where that Captain America rumor got started?)

I'm definitely interested in Tarantino's take of WWII

Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard
Wed, 16 July 2008

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!

Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard
Wed, 16 July 2008

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!

Brad Pitt = :rock

NEWS

Roth to Star in Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards
Source: Variety August 6, 2008

Hostel director Eli Roth will play a baseball bat-swinging Nazi hunter in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards, which starts production this fall in Europe for the The Weinstein Company and Universal Pictures.

Brad Pitt is in talks to play Aldo Raine, leader of a rogue band of Jewish-American soldiers who wreak havoc on the bad guys in Nazi-occupied France.

Roth is in talks to play Sgt. Donnie Donowitz.

Tarantino is expected to formalize his cast shortly. He had planned to meet with Leonardo DiCaprio for the role of SS Col. Hans Landa, only to decide that the role should be played by a German actor.

Ryan from 'The Office' Joins 'Inglorious Bastards'
August 7 2008

The Office's B.J. Novak is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards. From the Hollywood Reporter:

"The Office" star is in talks to play one of the soldiers in "Inglorious Bastards," Quentin Tarantino's long-gestating film about a band of Jewish resisters in Vichy-era France.

Novak is expected to play PFC Utivich, described as a soldier of slight build who comes from New York.

Novak is best known for his role on the NBC hit series, where he plays former temp Ryan. Novak also has written several episodes of the show and served as co-executive producer.

Does this mean Quentin Tarantino watches sitcoms? That in between watching VHS copies of rare '70s kung fu movies and screening filthy prints of seldom-seen blaxploitation films, he occasionally squeezes in an episode of My Name is Earl? That seems way too human for him. I prefer to think Tarantino was trying to get a copy of the 1929 Japanese film The Life of an Office Worker (Kaishain seikatsu) and ended up with a happy mistake when The Office came and he realized how hard he wanted Pam to get with Jim.

So, QT, how about Creed as an SS Officer? I think it will work.

Does this mean Quentin Tarantino watches sitcoms? That in between watching VHS copies of rare '70s kung fu movies and screening filthy prints of seldom-seen blaxploitation films, he occasionally squeezes in an episode of My Name is Earl? That seems way too human for him. I prefer to think Tarantino was trying to get a copy of the 1929 Japanese film The Life of an Office Worker (Kaishain seikatsu) and ended up with a happy mistake when The Office came and he realized how hard he wanted Pam to get with Jim.

So, QT, how about Creed as an SS Officer? I think it will work.

Whoever wrote that would be crushed to find out that Quentin is an avid watcher of American Idol.

Nastassja Kinski To Play The Uma Part In Tarantino's INGLORIOUS BASTARDS?? Krumholtz and Pegg In Talks Too??
I am – Hercules!!

Berlin-born Nastassja Kinski ("Tess," "Cat People," "Inland Empire") is in talks to play the key role of German movie star Bridget Von Hammersmark in Quentin Tarantino's World War II epic "Inglorious Bastards."

Many had speculated that the role, which requires the speaking of much German, might go to Uma Thurman.

David Krumholtz ("Serenity," "Numb3rs") is in talks to play a member of Aldo "The Apache" Raine's Jewish-American Nazi-killing squad. I'd guess the American Hirschberg.

Simon Pegg ("Hot Fuzz," "Mission; Impossible III") is up for Lt. Archie Hicox, the British officer who aids Raine's efforts in Nazi-occupied Europe. The Brit role was long earmarked for Tarantino regular Tim Roth, but Roth is currently busy with the Fox Network series "Lie To Me."

And, oh yeah, as long rumored, Brad Pitt is aboard the project as Raine. He joins Eli Roth ("Grindhosue"), who assays Donnie "The Bear Jew" Donowitz.

B.J. Novak ("The Office") is in talks to another Jewish-American soldier, Private Utivich.

Yet uncast is the bloodthirsty European Jew Hugo Stiglitz, the fabulous French Jewess Shoshanna Dreyfus, and Nazi colonel Hans Landa, "The Jew Hunter."

Read all of Variety’s story on the matter here.

Back