• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
UPDATE!!Heads up on Captain Faramir

Hey guys,

I REALLY hate to do this, since he seems like such a nice guy and is well liked and has tons of time on this board, but Captain Faramir has failed to deliver an item I paid for back on May 28th.

The reason I chose to post this is not necessarily to get my money back, but to also warn others, as I am aware he has sold some of his custom Boromir cloaks. I fear that since the nature of those items were prepay, people may have been put into an especially bad position considering he has failed to deliver an item already in his possession.

If my memory serves correctly, those who ordered these items are likewise getting precariously close to their 45-day Paypal dispute window.

I'm giving him the 20 days Paypal allows between "dispute" and all out "claim" to make good or refund, but as I said the reason I am commenting now before this hits official "claim" is because I realize other's have ordered stuff around the same time (May 28) as I did and their window is closing. I would personally feel bad if in a month or 2 I saw others lose money and I kept silent.

Again, this really makes me sad and makes me feel ackward to do this.

Eric

Update: 7-18-08 Items received and will be dropping paypal claim.

Last edited:
Just a reminder to everyone that we can get this resolved and keep it civil.

No lynch mobs, death threats, or hangings please. :peace

Captain Faramir is a good guy who I've dealt with in the past. I'm sure he can explain and you can get it resolved immediately.

I believe he clearly stated he would have to hand make each of these (ie they were NOT made already, just his own) and (I think, not 100% on this part) that he would try to get them out around SDCC/end of July.

Yes, I understand. The item I bought was the 2 pack of Palpatine and Sideious.

I'm just giving heads up that I didn't receive an item that was already in his possession...that makes me worry for you guys waiting on an item he hasn't made.

Eric

Oh, Ok. That is different then I guess. You mentioned the cloaks and I just assumed it was them. I'm sure he will respond soon. Cap is a great guy and I highly doubt he would scam somebody.

I know he lives in Utah during school, but goes back home to California in the summer, so there could be some delay/confusing with the removing. :dunno

He should learn some responsibility because this isn't the first time this has happened.

I like him but this is wrong of him. Hope he resolves this and straightens up his act.

Damn !!!! I think its the 4th time I say about him: Again. !!!!:duh

too Good people always hide a very ugly side....

I think Cap should be prohibited to make future transaction on this board...he should be add to the list of infamous member like Melvin Pelayo and Douglass MCC....Just My opinion.

This is a pattern for Captain, good news is he has always come through on deals. However (as Shai and others have said) this is not the first time he has been called out for not completing a deal, or being very slow to complete.

Time for the Tonner Avatar of Shame :lecture

He will refuse the Tonner Avatar of Shame (tm). He also hasn't been on since July 7. So lets keep bumping this.

Unfortunately, I knew he had "Neutral" feed back, but I thought it was because he withdrew from purchasing something, which is not nice, but not as bad as not shipping something.

frankenstein_villagers.jpg

bump...:D

AGAIN??! Seriously, I think someone should take away his commerce privileges temporarily until he can get his s#!t together.

I have bought something from him in the past. It did take 2 months to ship, but it did eventually get shipped, so hopefully everybody will get their stuff. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back