Who liked The Phantom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
phantom_teaser.jpg

I really liked this film and thought billy zane was meant for the role.. My faint memories of the film that is.

YEA !!!!

Kristy Swanson, Treat Williams, and Catherine Zeta Jones. The movie was pure cheese, but it was awesome.

It was a bit odd when the film turned into a pirate movie...........

I remember enjoying the Phantom when it came out so long ago. I may need to rent it again to see what it was all about :)

Billy Zane... good lord.

...and Treat Williams...

This must've been the deal breaker for Kristy Swanson too... after that the only other thing I ever saw her in was "Dude Where's My Car."

I remember seeing this movie. I remember enjoying it more than "The Shadow." But I also remember it still sucking enough to never want to watch it again.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll give it another go...

I remember I got an awesome Phantom ring from Subway as a promo for the movie. I definitely liked it when I saw it, I wonder how it will hold up....

Billy Zane... good lord.

...and Treat Williams...

This must've been the deal breaker for Kristy Swanson too... after that the only other thing I ever saw her in was "Dude Where's My Car."

I remember seeing this movie. I remember enjoying it more than "The Shadow." But I also remember it still sucking enough to never want to watch it again.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll give it another go...

Shadow and Phantom weren't high art films, but were campy fun. I'd love to have 1/6th version of both characters from the flicks.

I saw it but I don't remember anything about it other than Zane in the costume on a horse. May have to rent it soon.

Great thread :rock :rock

I love this movie! I saw this on it's release in 1996 and my DVD copy has been played many many times.

While the movie won't win any awards, for someone who grew up reading The Phantom comics it was a very good fun rendition. There were alot a subtle tributes to the comics in this movie and Billy Zanes role as Kit Walker and Kristy Swanson as Diana Palmer were both excellent.

Trivia - :)

Billy Zane pumped iron for over a year to fill The Phantom's costume. A Batman-like costume with fake muscles was reportedly made, but by the time filming started, Zane was so beefed up that he did not need it.

One of The Phantom's trademarks in the comic strip, his striped "underpants", was tried on the movie costume, but reportedly looked too silly to use in the final film.

I like this movie so much that I ordered a custom 1/6 Billy Zane as The Phantom from Spenser(prophouse 2000) quite a while ago. He still remains one of my favourite figures.

Pics for those who have not seen this figure before.

phantom7.jpg

phantom16.jpg

More pics can be seen on my Flickr here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zedex9r/sets/72157601932762977/

Enjoy :)

Oh man, that is enjoyable. Australia's best selling comic, and some original stories and artwork were done by Australian artisans. Gotta love the Phantom. :rock

I just stumbled on this thread from Google lol. i actually have one of the original phantom cowls from the film. I love the art that went into producing the look of the phantom. I actually want to order a custom phantom figure from prophouse and that's how i found this thread from a Google image search . score!

Back