Wonder Woman: The Animated Feature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
080707wonderwoman_poster.jpg

Now that Batman: Gotham Knight is out, nerds are able to also see the preview for DC's next direct-to-DVD cartoon, starring Wonder Woman. As soon as the trailer gets uploaded, I promise I'll post it, but for now, we'll have to settle with this promotional image courtesy of TV Guide (who has the exclusive, despite it not being on TV, nor being planned to air on TV. Weird). Still, it's worthy of discussion—not for her partially exposed ass-cheeks, which I believe have been standard for a while now—but for her nose, and how it seems to be fused to her forehead. Why? Are they going for for an ancient Greek art-pottery-type of thing? If so, don't they realize that wearing a Stars n' Stripes-themed unitard negates any kind of throwbacks to ancient Greek art you could possibly throw in?

Anyways, TV Guide also has the voice cast—Felicity's Keri Russell as Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor, Virginia Madsen as Queen Hippolyta, Rosario Dawson as Artemis, and Alfred Molina as Ares.

Didn't see anything on this or pull it in search but if it was then merge. I'm interested in seeing whether or not this is hyped hard and whether or not it will help the in limbo live feature still stuck in predevelopment hell.

well it looks like she doesn't really have a nose. Why can't they just use the animation from Justice League and make the films that way. I'm so sick of the NOIR animation that keeps coming out. There will never be a noir animation better than Batman: The Animated Series, so I dont' know why they keep trying

Regarding the "nose" thing:

It saves artists TENS OF DOLLARS if they can just draw a straight line instead of something that looks normal.

TENS OF DOLLARS!!

Come on, we've got ONE picture. Give it a chance. If this is from the same team that gave us Superman/Doomsday, I'm looking forward to it. Like the voice casting already.

Come on, we've got ONE picture. Give it a chance. If this is from the same team that gave us Superman/Doomsday, I'm looking forward to it. Like the voice casting already.

I remember watching Supes/Dooms at SDCC last year and I just thought that was terrible (almsot walked out), didn't like JL: New Frontier too much either. I'll give it a chance and watch it, but my expectations aren't too high.

I remember watching Supes/Dooms at SDCC last year and I just thought that was terrible (almsot walked out), didn't like JL: New Frontier too much either. I'll give it a chance and watch it, but my expectations aren't too high.

Hmm, okay. But Superman/Doomsday is one of the best reviewed DC animated projects ever. I really liked it.

you should go rent Superman vs. Brainiac - one of the stupidest pieces of dreck since Teen Titans Go!

Wow! no more running you through Goblin Town.....:rotfl

Thought Superman Doomsday was ok, heads above what Marvel puts out for direct to DVD stuff, but New Frontier was just great, first superhero animated movie that my wife actually enjoyed.

Think I had read somewhere that the promo picture is not the actual animation style they are going to use in the movie... but not to worried otherwise, DC is doing a great job with their animation division for the most part. Hope they get the Teen Titans project back on track too.

Evan

I like that nose, it makes her look more Greek.

It seems to me the only thing the WB can do right with DC is animated movies and live action Batman.

Marvel movies > DC movies

Hmm, okay. But Superman/Doomsday is one of the best reviewed DC animated projects ever. I really liked it.

you should go rent Superman vs. Brainiac - one of the stupidest pieces of dreck since Teen Titans Go!

Don't even get me started on how awful Teen Titans is.....

Wow! no more running you through Goblin Town.....:rotfl

Thought Superman Doomsday was ok, heads above what Marvel puts out for direct to DVD stuff, but New Frontier was just great, first superhero animated movie that my wife actually enjoyed.

Think I had read somewhere that the promo picture is not the actual animation style they are going to use in the movie... but not to worried otherwise, DC is doing a great job with their animation division for the most part. Hope they get the Teen Titans project back on track too.

Evan

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl With Supes Dooms, I just couldn't get over all the lines on Superman's face. I know that that was the style, but it just bugged me. And I'm giving New Fronteir a bad wrap, I actually did kind of like that, especially Martian Manhunter drinking coke and watching TV. :rotfl:rotfl

They need to quit dicking around and make my KINGDOM COME and DARK KNIGHT RETURNS animated movies, already. :tap

GOTHAM KNIGHT was pretty much a waste of time, imho.

I want DKR done in Frank Miller styling.
dark_knight.jpg

The Animated series did a nice nod to this styling and I loved it.

For Kingdom Come though? I wouldn't be happy unless it was done in 3-D Animated styling. Similar to Pixar's Incredibles

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the featurette on Gotham Knight. 10 minutes and not a single frame from the actual film. Lots of story boards though. I'm not sure I'm going to buy Keri Russell's voice coming out that bent Greek nose - but I'll give it a shot.

i'll watch but she does look fugly in that pic. we'll just have to wait to see the final product.

Trailer:

https://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810036252/video/9069426

First thoughts from an online forum:

Wonder Woman Cartoon Trailer Reveals the Marketing People Weren't Even Trying
Posted at 4:03 PM Aug 04, 2008

Okay. Go over to Yahoo, watch the new trailer for DC's direct-to-DVD Wonder Woman cartoon movie, than get your ass back here.

You back? Good. Okay, so the trailer looked good enough—plenty of action, and a far wider variety of bad guys for WW to beat up than I would have supposed, but the people responsible for branding the movie should be beaten. Actually, they should be beaten apathetically for several months. There are two taglines for this film, and both are beyond lame:

• Experience a hero's epic journey from princess to warrior
• Some heroes are made—this one was born

Besides being incredibly generic, neither of them make any damn sense. I thought the whole point of Wonder Woman is that she was Diana, the WARRIOR PRINCESS of the Amazons. That's her whole deal. It's not like she was on Amazonia picking flowers until Steve Trevor popped by. Besides, it's also not like she stops being a princess when she leaves, so she's a Warrior Princess when the movie starts, and still a Warrior Princess when it ends. Right?

The second tag is worse, since Wonder Woman—as has been her origin for years—was in fact made out of clay by her mother, Queen Hippolyta. So yes, this hero was one of the "made" ones. She couldn't have been less born.

Also, I'd like to point out a neat word for further Wonder Woman promotional use: "heroine." It means "female hero." As it turns out, Wonder Woman is also a female hero, and perhaps, if you wanted to get other females interesting in this movie, you might play up the fact that the lead character is also female. Just a thought.

From the trailer it doesn't look all that promising and Keri Russell's voice could not sound stranger coming out of that drawing...

well it looks like she doesn't really have a nose. Why can't they just use the animation from Justice League and make the films that way. I'm so sick of the NOIR animation that keeps coming out. There will never be a noir animation better than Batman: The Animated Series, so I dont' know why they keep trying

See I'm confused because I thought JL was the exact clone of BTAS, which was cool almost twenty years ago. I'm getting sick of the "Timm" animation style, and all variations of it.

DC's cartoons are awful. I didn't bother suffering through Superman/Doomsday after I heard one of the creators talking about how they "updated" the story when it didn't need one at all.

I loved the New Frontier graphic novel but the cartoon was unwatchable as well. The voices are crap and the drawings are the same, over and over again.

Gotham Knight was decent, but again, they got the same moron to voice Batman again and it doesn't even fit the character anymore.

Why doesn't anyone attempt a grittier animation as seen in the old 90's X-Men cartoon?

Having watched the trailer, this looks like crap.
And to me, the nose isn't as much an issue as the size of her lips! They take up a freaking third of her face! :lol

Back