I'm 0ld Sch00l SW fan and... - EPISODE III SPOILER HEREIN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nolight Inc

... never did care much for episodes I and II, so my expectations for episode III was at an all-time low... well I looked forward to see the Anakin to Vader transformation, but otherwise nothing special, BUT...

Episode III was awesome! - It's like Lucas only made those first 2 to get to the one he really wanted to make.
It had it all and really connected the new movies with the old ones - something episodes I and II never did properly.

Roughly the ep. III told the "whole" backstory, eliminating episodes I and II.

The acting was way better in this one.. Hayden is good at being evil - he never was a goog good guy.

The storytelling was more in line with the old ones.

In the old movies, besides following the script, Lucas made his actors interact very personally so to speak - they came off genuine to me - in the new ones they follow the script like they are reading it or something... that fact was not so bad in III - thumbs up for that.

The timing thou was great - like the transformation to Vader while his kids are born and so on - genius!

Not as good as Empire and ANH (mostly 'cuss of nostalgic reasons), but I think this movie is better than episode VI (those Ewoks just annoys me!).... (is nostalgic a english word?) :dunno :)

I'm going to see my EP. VI DVD today and see the new Hayden ghost - which I can accept now that I have seen Ep. III

... well, just my 2 cents - not hoping to start a flamewar or anything here - just my opinion if anyone actually cares:p

Re: I'm 0ld Sch00l SW fan and... - EPISODE III SPOILER HEREI

I liked it a lot, but though the love scene dialoge between anakin and padma was pretty cheesy and the scene where vader got up from the table and screamed NOOOOOOOOO! I was dissapointed in the amount of screne time Vader in his armour got I was hoping to see him take out some jedi in his new dudes.

I really liked this movie even more after seeing it a second time. The only thing I would have liked more is to see Obi and Anakin fight first, than see Vader in full armor invade the Jedi Temple...

I saw the movie last night and I have to say I can't say it was easy to watch. I had a rough week, I had to let two people go at work and my horse nearly died. So I was hoping for a little escapism. I too am an old SW fan, and this movie had such a different feel to it. So serious and dark and so full of betrayals and plots. But I will watch it again, and again and again. I think I missed half of the special effects I was so intent on the dialogue and story line. A good finish I think and maybe I will enjoy it more when I see it again in a better mood.

I think this movie had one of the best endings ever.

Oustanding film, I need to see it again to take it all in. Definitely on par with the OT. The dialog the story the effects everything was superb.:bow

That's what I did also Nolight. Went into EP3 with low expectations and came out of the movie ready to buy more SW collectibles. EP3 is my all time SW favorite now.

:lvader

yeah I had low expectations on EP3 too because of EP 1 and EP 2, but it was pretty good. Disappointed with the "oh no I killed Mace, what did I do...ok I'll join you Darth Sidious, but only if you give me a cool name right now." O well over pleasantly suprised!

BTW
I was hoping to see him take out some jedi in his new dudes
, who Obi-an and Yoda?

Remeber there were still Jedi left out there, thats why Obi wan and Yoda went back to the Jedi Temple to change the beacon.

Yeah, this movie was off da hook. It does a great job of getting you ready for the OT. I thought Haydens job as Anakin in this movie was just so much better than in Ep2 its not even funny.

re

Saw it again today. First time I liked it, but not overly impressed, today I LOVED it! Yeah, a few dodgy moments (like all films, even LotR's...), but overall a fantastic end to a fantastic series. :banana :banana

I can even forgive Lucas for AotC now... :lol

Re: re

Just thought about the more Jedi out there...

The TV shows will take place between 3 and 4, so maybe we'll see other cool villains hunting down the remaining Jedi.

Yes after 3 I believe there were some Jedi left, but Vader hunts them down in the TV episodes I heard.

Thought the movie was great, by far the best one of the prequels,except for the last Anakin and Padme dialog scene.. " Anakin, you are breaking my heart". :puke The only problem was the ending , it was such a sad story
that you actually left the theater feeling a little bad, specially the young padawan slaughter at the Jedi temple, my girlfriend didn't watch the OT, so the following day, we watched the whole OT,she was afraid that Luke could follow his father's way, but at the end she realized what a great story it was. :dance

Just saw EP III and it exceeded my expectations. I'm glad I avoided any spoilers for the past month or two.
The only problem I had with it was with Anakin's turn to the dark side. Anakin wanting to keep Padme from dieing didn't seem like enough motivation to kill a bunch of kids. I also don't see why he just couldn't let them go. Anakin seeking ultimate power did seem like a good enough reason, but it wasn't really in the story lines for Ep. I-II and barely made a presence in ROTS.
I also don't see why he would plot and plan to take over the Empire by killing the Emperor and not really try to do so in the OT.
But I agree the dialog was much improved, Hayden's acting was better, and the special effects where great.
I also like the music much more then the other two Prequels.
After seeing ROTS, I left the movie theater thinking what the hell was Episodes I and II about? They didn't seem to matter as much in the SW storyline as did Ep. III-VI.
One thing I think I missed in the movie was Shaak Ti getting killed, was that in the wide shot of the Jedi Temple slaughter or was it not shown?
So much going on in this movie that I'm going to have to see it again, I'd love to see it in IMAX.
:lvader

EP VI spoilers

Great replies all - I really need to see it again too :)

Now I got to see my Ep. VI DVD and it's really great watching the final Luke / Vader / Emperor battle now.

Now the Emperor stands out even more evil... "Kill him and take your fathers place at my side!" - "Svin!" (Pig!) my son and I shouted "You said that to Anakin the other night (well some 20 - 30 years ago, but still) too!" :lol

That episode III made me think of the new ones in line with the old ones - again, something ep. I and II never did pull off.

Regarding the issue of Anakin killing the kids without motivation... I think that Padme was not the only reason for his actions... in the end we do see him crack up and talking about ruling and so on - his intentions goes very bad and Padme is not the only thing on his mind - he likes the power.

Thru the movie he gradually turns to the dark side (I love those yellow eyes) and in the end he's there.. still with some love for Padme, but she's no more the reason for his actions entirely... he had power and wanted to hold on to it - just how i interpret it. :lvader

Re: EP VI spoilers

I don't think Padme dying was his sole motivation either. that becomes a possibility when Vader says he wants to kill the Emperor and take over the galaxy. But there just wasn't enough of this exposed in the Prequel story line for me to believe it was his main motivation. Maybe some of that was cut out of the theatrical cut of ROTS but as it stands, I just don't feel he was motivated enough to kill kids. Especially Kids he would have seen and interacted with often, possibly as a acquaintance or even as a friend being a Jedi in the Temple.

But I'll suspend my disbelief enough to really like the movie. I also like how ROTS was connected to the OT. My favorite was seeing the Blockade runner featured so prominently.

Star Wars

I loved Episode III, but I can't help thinking that the prequel trilogy (I heard it called "The Republic Trilogy" and the OT "The Empire Trilogy") would have been better if:
1. Anakin and Padme had started EpI roughly the same age as Luke and Leia in IV.
2. Anakin had turned to the Dark Side in II (ESB-style cliffhanger), with Obi-Wan and Padme setting off to try and save him in III.
3. Darth Maul had survived, thus eliminating the need for quasi-evil Count Dooku and Gen. Grevious.

Having said that, I am thuroughly enjoying the finished Saga!

Actually, I wouldn't say "boo" to a few more changes to the OT in future releases! I know, "BLASPHEMY!!!"
The Empire trilogy were the movies of my childhood, but I'm quite enjoying the changes. Keeps it fresh for me.
Changes I'd like to see (brace yourselves):
1. An aged Bail Organa looking into the Alderaan sky, seeing the Death Star, maybe dispatching a message to Mon Mothma before the planet blows up. Hell, you could even intercut his gaze up at the Death Star with Leia looking desperately down on the planet!
2. Gungans sprinkled into some alien scenes (waay in the back.) Stick some Pope hats on the Duros and call 'em Nemoidians.
3. A couple of battledroids stuck in the Sandcrawler.
4. a grizzled Capt. Cody (Temuera Morrison in III), in Officer's uniform on the Executor bridge.
5. Two words: More AT-ATs.
6. CG Yoda replaces puppet. Sorry, but can you imagine the physical depth the new Yoda could bring to those scenes with Luke? EpIII showed me that CGYoda can act circles around PuppetYoda.

Ooh, I have a feeling I'm about to get blasted...:vik

Re: Star Wars

I actually like those changes - wouldn't have any problem with them or anything else Georgie might do. AS LONG AS HAN SHOOTS FIRST!!!

Re: Star Wars

I actually like those changes - wouldn't have any problem with them or anything else Georgie might do. AS LONG AS HAN SHOOTS FIRST!!!

Bingo! :rock

Back