PDA

View Full Version : efx website is live

swabie2424
07-07-2008, 01:46 PM
www.efxcollectibles.com

Check out the images of the McQuarrie Vader helmet and the Ahsoka saber. The Vader helmet makes me....:banana:banana:banana

Who's ordering the Stormie helm tomorrow?

The Josh
07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Looks pretty cool. I'd love to have some of these things or things like this that MR did but room is basically done and saving money for other things.

johnnyMS
07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
it says vader concept helm so is it not the helmet we all know because dosen't look at all like vader

JGouse0498
07-07-2008, 01:56 PM
It's the McQuarrie Conceptual Darth Vader. Something I doubt MR would've ever attempted.

Darth Waller
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Ahsoka lightsaber replica? Who would buy a 1:1 prop based on a nobody CG character from the Clone Wars? :dunno

Amanaman
07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Not even the SIGNED Mara Jade did that well. I don't see the target market for this Clone Wars movie having the disposable income nor the interest in a $400 static saber. eFX better be careful here, it could be a costly blunder.

Darth Waller
07-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Probably forced upon them by Lucas. :rolleyes:

mfoga
07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Not even the SIGNED Mara Jade did that well. I don't see the target market for this Clone Wars movie having the disposable income nor the interest in a $400 static saber. eFX better be careful here, it could be a costly blunder.

Really the Mara Jade made me some nice coin:rotfl:rotfl

Swabie has Snags blown his was over that McQuarrie helmet:lol

Darth Cruel
07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I am not sure where I got the impression. But I did get the impression that efx was going to be doing full costumes. I am a little disappointed. I would love to get a full set of Stormtrooper armor that is officially licensed. I also thought they were going to be doing thinks like Jedi outfits. I seem to remember seeing Obi-Wan's cloths when the announcement came out about the company starting up.

I hope these things eventually happen.

JGouse0498
07-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I am not sure where I got the impression. But I did get the impression that efx was going to be doing full costumes. I am a little disappointed. I would love to get a full set of Stormtrooper armor that is officially licensed. I also thought they were going to be doing thinks like Jedi outfits. I seem to remember seeing Obi-Wan's cloths when the announcement came out about the company starting up.

I hope these things eventually happen.

Master Replicas was the company you're thinking of, Darth Cruel. They even had prototypes on display a year or two back.

As for the Ahsoka lightsaber, do we even know the pricing tiers of their lightsabers yet? It may be cheaper than MR, opening up the market more. Considering their first product hasn't even gone up for order yet, I think it's a bit pre-mature to start predicting their success or failure.

What we can say for certain is that eFX is attempting to expand the boundaries of what MR did: lightsabers with "real" internal mechanisms, Studio Scale helmets based on concept art, EU lightsabers, etc.

Amanaman
07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
mfoga, you sold her at the right time, lucky dog! MJ's value deflated after it peaked at $600-700. Now all you see are unsold auctions at $375 and so on. Sad, but it's true.. the prop market has withered away, and all the heavy-hitters from rebelscum have either found what they wanted, or have left the game altogether.

That Ahsoka saber is a frankenstein mess of OT-esque parts, but it has no charm. I'm scared to think that Lucas ordered efx to make 1500 of these..

djklambake
07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
That DV concept helmet is pretty wicked!

anakin1138
07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I think we will even see an Ahsoka Tano Pf sooner or later. I bet on it!

icruise
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
The concept vader looks very interesting, although I would think it would have a fairly limited audience. Why are they only making 500 of the stormtrooper helmet? Seems kind of low. Are all of the edition sizes going to be similar?

As for them being cheaper than MR, I wouldn't hold my breath. If anything, I'd say the recent increase in the price of oil might make them more expensive.

mfoga
07-07-2008, 03:12 PM
The concept vader looks very interesting, although I would think it would have a fairly limited audience. Why are they only making 500 of the stormtrooper helmet? Seems kind of low. Are all of the edition sizes going to be similar?

As for them being cheaper than MR, I wouldn't hold my breath. If anything, I'd say the recent increase in the price of oil might make them more expensive.
I would guess the low Es is due to the fact that MR just released the same one minus a few small changes.

icruise
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's something eFX apparently sent out in an email. Looks like there will be a McQuarrie signature edition. (I guess what he's holding is just a test shot for the helmet, since it will be 1:1 size.)

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/newsletter_july_2008.jpg

Coorectghosting
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM
would have been awesome if that was the helmet Darth had in ROTS

LewisD
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
I can't wait to get that ANH Stormtrooper helmet, and that DV concept helmet looks cool also, but I may pass in order to get the X-Wing. :)

Alice Adrenochrome
07-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Intresting.

Darth Rage
07-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Im hoping to get a stormie bucket tomorrow, but am not holding my breath. These are going to go fast.
The McQuarrie Vader helm is a great idea, but I'll pass, and stick with the artwork.
Ahsoka's saber? Not really feeling it at all.

Joker
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Ahsoka lightsaber replica? Who would buy a 1:1 prop based on a nobody CG character from the Clone Wars? :dunno

Exactly. What a ^^^^ty choice.

IrishJedi
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm baffled by the Ahsoka lightsaber as well. Who on Earth (other than MR/eFX completists) would want that???? It's a "replica" of an animated saber. At least PT Yoda and the Clones were supposed to be in-the-flesh photoreal characters. :huh

icruise
07-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Hell, people buy "replicas" of Link's sword from The Legend of Zelda. Personally, I'm more concerned about the character -- I have no idea who it is.

Vader AL
07-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Here's something eFX apparently sent out in an email. Looks like there will be a McQuarrie signature edition. (I guess what he's holding is just a test shot for the helmet, since it will be 1:1 size.)

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/newsletter_july_2008.jpg

it's probably the .45 version. pretty cool...i might grab the smaller version. don't want to spend the change for the 1:1 of this one.

OSCORP
07-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I would love a scaled version of that vader helmet

Agent0028
07-07-2008, 06:00 PM
That Vader helmet is pretty awesome.

icruise
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Someone mentioned that eFX doesn't have the license for scaled helmets, so I don't think they will be selling those.

Amanaman
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
it's probably the .45 version. pretty cool...i might grab the smaller version. don't want to spend the change for the 1:1 of this one.

There won't be a smaller version, unfortunately. That one being held by McQ is a test shot sent to him for review.

1:1 helmets are space-eaters. :(

papa-alpha-charlie
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Considering their first product hasn't even gone up for order yet, I think it's a bit pre-mature to start predicting their success or failure.

welcome to the internets.:lol

the Vader concept helmet is interesting. I'd be more interested if it was in 1/6 though.

swabie2424
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
mfoga... yes... Snags is very happy about the McVader helmet! When he found out, he was totally stoked.

Darth Waller
07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I would love a scaled McQuarrie helmet, because I have no room or money for 1:1 props.

niennumb1
07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
IMO I think the concept stuff should stay as such... on the paper it was drawn on and the sculptures to remain where they are. I wouldn't ever be in the market for concept replica pieces.

Shalamar
07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
IMO I think the concept stuff should stay as such... on the paper it was drawn on and the sculptures to remain where they are. I wouldn't ever be in the market for concept replica pieces.

There is a market for them. I own a concept Stormtrooper Lightsaber. Its quite nice looking...

LOTRFan
07-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Who the &*^&^ is Ashoka?

:confused: :horror :confused:

DarthTrafford
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Woah...
They have a lot in the "store":lol
:chew

Darth Rage
07-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Who the &*^&^ is Ashoka?

:confused: :horror :confused:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/ahsokatano/index.html

:banghead:banghead:banghead

jkno
07-08-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm getting the Stormtrooper eFX helmet since missed the MR one. And then I'll be waiting for an OT Vader helmet (my focus is OT Imperials, that's why I passed on the ROTS Vader helmet)

Captain Britain
07-08-2008, 08:29 AM
How much is that helmet going to be? I hate the fact there's no price on the site.

Outer_Rim
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Is it already up for preorder? Because I added the Stormie helmet to my shopping cart a few minutes ago just to find shipping to Europe International Economy is over $300. :horror

I think I will order it through my dealer here.

JGouse0498
07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
How much is that helmet going to be? I hate the fact there's no price on the site.

The price is $399, and it is on the site. Go to the site now and scroll down all the way. It's one of (if not THE) last line on the page.

And it goes on sale in 24 minutes (12:00 pm EST)

Gruson
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
You can get it to say "Buy" in red if you change your local time an hour in the future.

But, you cannot check out.

nash
07-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I'll be getting one just to see it in person. decide what to do with it then, since i dont think im a fan of the wonky helmets.

Shalamar
07-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm curious to see how long they'll sell out. First offering from a new company, and no waiting...

I don't have the space for it (My collection room is getting crowded), but it sure looks nice.

Darth Rage
07-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Got mine:cool::cool::cool:

icruise
07-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Well, I ordered one just because I happened to be around at the time they were available. I have no doubt that they will sell out fairly soon.

BTW the site wouldn't let me check out using my account. Every time I tried to log in, it gave me an "exception" and spewed some code out. But I was able to complete the order by "ordering without an account." Problems like these might be affecting the rate that it's selling out.

nash
07-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Shipping to Hawaii is ridiculous at $100. I'll wait for the Hero version.

Darth Rage
07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Funny thing is when the timer ran out it restarted initially, with product available in 11 months 23 hours etc.

big al
07-08-2008, 09:35 AM
forbidden planet, uk site, £299 English Pounds, cheaper than buying direct and shipping to the UK.

icruise
07-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Apparently people in Canada are being charged outrageous shipping -- close to $200, so most of them are passing (obviously).

DarthNeil
07-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Apparently people in Canada are being charged outrageous shipping -- close to $200, so most of them are passing (obviously).

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaass.:angrycanu

Mooncat
07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Shipping to Hawaii is ridiculous at $100. I'll wait for the Hero version.

IN EUROPE

IM IN THE UK AND PLACED AND ORDER FOR THIS TONIGHT. $600 shipping and "handling" FOR THIS ITEM !

$399.00 FOR HELMET

NEARLY TWICE THAT AMOUNT FOR SHIPPING AND "handling"

!!!!!!!!! CANCELLED STRAIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO SHIPPING FIGURE WAS ONLY DISPLAYED AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED

FEEL LIKE THIS COMPANY WAS RUNNING A CON TONIGHT WITH WITH THAT SYSTEM !

Shropt
07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
IN EUROPE

IM IN THE UK AND PLACED AND ORDER FOR THIS TONIGHT. $600 shipping and "handling" FOR THIS ITEM !

$399.00 FOR HELMET

NEARLY TWICE THAT AMOUNT FOR SHIPPING AND "handling"

!!!!!!!!! CANCELLED STRAIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO SHIPPING FIGURE WAS ONLY DISPLAYED AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED

FEEL LIKE THIS COMPANY WAS RUNNING A CON TONIGHT WITH WITH THAT SYSTEM !

Hey Mooncat, you can send me $399 + $300 for shipping and I'll get you one! That's half off the shipping price! :D

icruise
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I thought it showed shipping before I confirmed.

nash
07-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I thought it showed shipping before I confirmed.

same here, not sure what mooncat is talking about.

jason2885
07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
I got one because it looked cool. They charged me like $36 for shipping and I thought that was way to much.

icruise
07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah, people on Rebelscum are complaining about the shipping (not just the international people). Apparently it's around three times what MR used to charge.

Mooncat
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
same here, not sure what mooncat is talking about.

"International Buyers" had to click and "Accept Terms and Conditions button" in their processing

shipping wasnt displayed

I must admit I was trying to place my order as quickly as I could and speed reading given the way it was launched and sold, however I know had I seen $600 as a shipping charge in the process as I was placing the order, I wouldnt have

First I saw was "Print Invoice"

Processing aside

I mean c'mon ffs $600 ???

nash
07-08-2008, 10:04 AM
"International Buyers" had to click and "Accept Terms and Conditions button"

I must admit I was trying to place my order as quickly as I could and speed reading, however I know had I seen $600 as a shipping charge as I was placing the order, I wouldnt have

First I saw was "Print Invoice"

Processing aside

I mean c'mon ffs $600 ???

I know my shipping quote isnt as high as that, but for being in the SAME country, $100 to ship a 10lb item is pretty significant and a deal breaker for me.

Mooncat
07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
The way the thing was launched and the way it was processed left me thinking

CON

I was on to my credit card company as soon as I could

icruise
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
"International Buyers" had to click and "Accept Terms and Conditions button" in their processing

I did that as well, but that's before you actually confirm the order.

You don't actually think it's a con do you? Come on.

automaton
07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
i keep getting an error code...

www.efxcollectibles.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.

does not inspire confidence...

Mooncat
07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I did that as well, but that's before you actually confirm the order.

You don't actually think it's a con do you? Come on.

Nope, but the "Accept terms and conditions for International Buyers" plus the suprise figure at the end

It sure felt that way, now ive had time to digest . . .

I still think. they may pull something with those "Terms and Conditions" about cancellations / forfeits or some such Bollox

I mean think

Lets take orders for International

Lets charge em $600 at the end knowing that 80% will cancel then hit em with a 20% cancellation fee its a first come first serve situation their all clambering to get an order in (its a possibility ??)

All I know is its been 30 mins since I ordered and left my CC details

Had no receipt email, had no order placed email, had no receipt emails for my emails sent trying via their own forms to contact them to say shove this order were the sun dont shine

HAD SWEET FA

Ill be alot happier when someone tells me that no monies will be taken and theat they are gonna cancel this order

icruise
07-08-2008, 10:13 AM
They're having website problems, but they actually have a couple of representatives on the Rebelscum forum answering questions.

Mooncat
07-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Representatives ??

Can you give me a link ?

icruise
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3295442&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1&vc=1

The users EFXAMY and eFXBryan work for the company.

jkno
07-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm from Romania and I'm getting mine from somewhere else. No way I'm going to pay $600 (or $400) for shipping, not even if FedEx will beam the darn thing directly in my room.:rolleyes:

Mooncat
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm from Romania and I'm getting mine from somewhere else. No way I'm going to pay $600 (or $400) for shipping, not even if FedEx will beam the darn thing directly in my room.:rolleyes:

Yeh co-incidental I guess that no international shipping is shown until the order is placed

and then its presented as thanks for your order take that SUCKER

:sick

Darth Waller
07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Really? Not cool.

Outer_Rim
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I asked Amy to cancel my Stormie since I order it through my dealer in Europe. Including custom fees I would pay over $950 buying direct from efx.

JGouse0498
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm willing to believe that Mooncat's experience can be chalked up to a website glitch. This is eFX's shakedown cruise. Can't expect it to be perfect. The real test is how gracious and efficiently eFX both tends to these glitches and cancels those orders from people who feel wronged.

As for the shipping, it sounds like FedEX is trying to take eFX for a ride because they're a new, relatively small company who is negotiating their rates for the first time. It seems to me that they need to play hardball with FedEX and/or seeking out other means (UPS, DHL, USPS, etc.)

automaton
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
anyone come across dealers that will be carrying the helmet?

i think e-fx is off to a great start and hope to do business with them in the future, but as of now... the web site security and the shipping costs are holding me back.

fassa_the_hutt
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I orderd mine Internationaly and the grand total was 502.21 $

icruise
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Supposedly they have worked out a better deal with Fedex for international shipping and will adjust the shipping on people's orders. If you want a quote, you can go to the rebelscum thread that I linked to earlier and contact one of the eFX employees there before ordering. Last I heard, the site still wasn't giving the correct amount for shipping.

Darth Rage
07-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Supposedly they have worked out a better deal with Fedex for international shipping and will adjust the shipping on people's orders. If you want a quote, you can go to the rebelscum thread that I linked to earlier and contact one of the eFX employees there before ordering. Last I heard, the site still wasn't giving the correct amount for shipping.

That is correct. Amy said the shipping costs would still show up as high for international buyers, but if you email her she will give you the correct quote. All purchases are being authorized with credit card companies manually, apparantly their auto bill function is not working through the website. She also said if anyone that purchased this internationally wanted a refund due to high shipping costs to email her and she would cancel it right away.

The other issue was that FedEx was billing them for what sounded like oversized package rates. Freight shipping as opposed to actual weight. They were working on getting shipping costs down for US buyers as well and said they would pass along any savings. I was a little surprised shipping to NY is $37.00 and change.

mfoga
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Are these charging and shipping immediately?

icruise
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
More or less immediately, yes. Within a few days anyway.

Mooncat
07-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Thankfully Amy cancelled my order directly from efx

Was able to place an order with play

jkno
07-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I ordered mine internationally as well but will arrive to me only in August. But no huge shipping costs...

Darth Rage
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I got an email from Amy today:

Thank you for purchasing the eFX ANH Stormtrooper Helmet.

We are happy to inform you that over the past 24 hours we have been working with Fed Ex and have managed to come up with a lower shipping rate for you:

Original: $37.50

New: $21.32

You will be billed for the new rate. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you for your patience through our first order.

Amy

Very cool. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

LOTRFan
07-09-2008, 06:57 PM
That is cool, but for a newer customer the experience could be a bit unsettling.