PDA

View Full Version : Your Summer 08 Movie Rankings

Giant Chicken
07-06-2008, 04:35 PM
There have been a ton of movies out this summer. I have noticed in other threads that some of you have been ranking the summer flicks. I thought it would be fun to make a thread. Please update as you see that last few movies this summer.

I have seen 8 movies so far this summer and my list goes like this...

1) Iron Man
2) Hulk
3) Narnia
4) WALL-E
5) Hancock
6) Wanted
7) Get Smart
8) Indiana Jones (worst movie by far)

I really want to see Panda but will wait for blu-ray and I will go see Batman and The Mummy as soon as they come out.

MaulFan
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
So far, I've only seen a few, but I can rank already on one without seeing it.

1. The Dark Knight - (I don't have to see it, I just know it's going to be everything I want)
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Indy IV
4. The Love Guru

carbo-fation
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Good thread.

So far,

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hellboy II
Incredible Hulk
Wanted
Wall E
Kung Fu Panda
Narnia
Hancock
Get Smart

Don't Mess with the Zohan :monkey4
Inidana Jones IV :lol

But with TDK, Tropic Thunder and Hellboy II on the way, I am sure the list will change drastically.

Shai
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
1- Iron Man

2- Hulk

3- Everything else.

100000000 - Indy....:monkey4

uscmhicks
07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
1. dark knight (totally Sean :rock)
2. Indy
3. Wanted
4. The nothings happening .

JGouse0498
07-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I've only had an opportunity to see a few so far.

1) The Dark Knight (just based on trailers alone)
2) Iron Man
3) WALL-E

And the Raspberry Award goes to...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

-Super Hans-
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
indy-lame
hulk-gay
ironman-lame
kung-fu panda-surprisingly funny
wanted-lame

hellboy 2 could be good

carbo-fation
07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
indy-lame
hulk-gay
ironman-lame
wanted-lame

hellboy 2 could be good

Really? Even Iron Man?:horror

kain4521
07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I have only been to 3 of them so far but I am looking forward to seeing TDK.

1 Iron Man
2 Incredible Hulk
3 Indy IV

-Super Hans-
07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Really? Even Iron Man?:horror

:sick yep maybe im just hard to please but i havent seen a decent movie for a long time.

the happening- lame

DarkDaysinVegas
07-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
The Dark Knight
Wanted

Brent72
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM
So far, I've only seen:

1.) Iron Man
2.) Incredible Hulk

3). Indy IV........a very distant third

I expect Wanted(which I'm seeing this week) to be above Indy and possibly above Hulk. I also expect TDK to be above everything on this list. :cool:

Brent72
07-06-2008, 05:22 PM
indy-lame
hulk-gay
ironman-lame
wanted-lame

hellboy 2 could be good

Iron Man, lame? You must be really hard to please or you're just hating on everything because that flick was far from lame.

screamingmetal
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
So far-

Iron Man 9.5
The Incredible Hulk 8.5
Indiana Jones KOTCS 5.5

The only other movies I plan on seeing are Hellboy II, The Dark Knight, and the X-Files 2.

Darklord Dave
07-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Without TDK and Hellboy this list is sure to change. Haven't seen Kitt Kittredge: An American Girl yet either.

Iron Man
Wall-E
Indy
Hancock
Get Smart
Mongol
Kung Fu Panda
Hulk
Wanted
Prince Caspian
Zohan
The Wackness

<not so great>
Sex and the City
Love Guru
Made of Honor
The Happening

LOTRFan
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I am sure that The Dark Knight and Hellboy will stir things up but ...

1) Iron Man

2) Kung Fu Panda

3) Narnia

4) Hulk

5) Indy --- but it isn't a close 5

I haven't yet seen Wall-E

artistrex
07-06-2008, 08:54 PM
1) Wall *E
2) Iron Man
3)KOTCS

But I know TDK will blow everything else away.

Though I'm a little confused about all the hate for Indy IV. It's ok. definitely par with the rest (Last Crusade being the best) Ya it's a little out there, but how many times can Indy rescue ancient Christian artifacts from the Nazis?

TheObsoleteMan
07-06-2008, 08:58 PM
1. KOTCS
2. Iron Man
3. Hulk

I'm sure TDK and Hellboy 2 will move to the top of the list.

King Darkness
07-06-2008, 09:02 PM
1)Hulk
2)Iron Man
3)Get Smart
4)Indy 4
5)Kungfu Panda
6)The Strangers
7)Prince Caspian
8)reruns of Golden Girls
9)Shalamalamadindongs shatfest The Crappening :yuck

Have seen Wall E or Handcock yet, and I am sure HBII and TDK will be up there once I see them.

wookilar8
07-06-2008, 09:06 PM
No love for The Mummy 3 in this tread... or anywhere else for that matter.

OSCORP
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
IM 9/10
Hulk 7.5/10
IJ 6/10

MaulFan
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
The only other movies I plan on seeing are Hellboy II, The Dark Knight, and the X-Files 2.

I've got semi low expectaions on X-Files 2. As a fan of the series, I'm eager to see more of Scully and Mulder, but I'm concerned how much satisfaction I'll walk away with until I see it, that is I think I'll enjoy the story and all, I have no doubts there, but will it be a typical X story and you're left with more questions.

Will some big questions left by the series be addressed at all, particularly the relationship between Mulder and Scully, and will the movie give enough closure that I can walk away happy with it's ending. Odds are, since it took so long to make this one, we won't see and X-Files 3, so leave some open ends as is the X tradition, but give the fans some closure on things, when the series finale went down, most expected a post-show movie, but if this is to truly be their last adventure we see, make it a good one.

IrishJedi
07-06-2008, 09:20 PM
1) WALL-E
2) IRON MAN
3) INDIANA JONES and THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
4) KUNG FU PANDA
5) THE INCREDIBLE HULK

6) Get Smart
7) Wanted
8) Speed Racer
9) Hancock
10) The Happening

Have not seen and have no interest in seeing:
You Don't Mess With The Zohan
Sex and the City
The Love Guru
Mummy III

And, I'm sorry... but you just cannot rationally rank a movie you haven't seen yet. I don't care how many trailers and clips you've watched a gazillion times. That's craziness. I'll rank Hellboy II, TDK, and X-Files after I've seen them.

IrishJedi
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Odds are, since it took so long to make this one, we won't see an X-Files 3.
Actually, Carter & Co. already have ideas for at least two more movies. The reason it took so long for this one to get made is because they were in heavy negotiations with 20th Century Fox over rights and back-end deals (a lot of that goes back to the days of the TV production and was never settled).

That was all hashed out last year, and the film was fast-tracked into production. Also, it has a VERY small budget (especially for a high-profile Summer movie) and will almost certainly make a profit. Unless this movie pulls a total GIGLI I'm quite sure we'll see more X-FILES movies after this one.

Viking28
07-06-2008, 09:29 PM
My list so far this summer will change soon with the next round of movies:
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda
Hulk
Wall-E
Wanted
Indy

IrishJedi
07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Glad to see so many people also gave KUNG FU PANDA a fair shake.

... expected all of the indignant INDY hate in this den of cynicism. :lol

Ven
07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
1. THE DARK KNIGHT

I didn't know other movies came out this summer?!??!

MaulFan
07-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Actually, Carter & Co. already have ideas for at least two more movies. The reason it took so long for this one to get made is because they were in heavy negotiations with 20th Century Fox over rights and back-end deals (a lot of that goes back to the days of the TV production and was never settled).

That was all hashed out last year, and the film was fast-tracked into production. Also, it has a VERY small budget (especially for a high-profile Summer movie) and will almost certainly make a profit. Unless this movie pulls a total GIGLI I'm quite sure we'll see more X-FILES movies after this one.

Well that'd be fine by me, the more the merrier, I just get nervous about movie series or things like this that might leave openings for sequels but it's possible that doesn't happen. A great example of working this right, I think, is Batman Begins. Sure it set up a sequel and left you wondering, but it also gave enough closure you didn't feel a need for a sequel to complete your enjoyment of that film by itself, you can enjoy it for what it is and enjoy it so much, you want another dose. That's what I want from X-Files 2, another does of great X-Files fun, but make this hit as satisfying as possible. X-Files, to me, is a great story you never get tired of if you truly enjoy it, so there's no need to setup sequels or leave something to draw the audience in. Keep throwing Mulder and Scully stories and we'll be at the box office window buying tickets.

IrishJedi
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Well that'd be fine by me, the more the merrier, I just get nervous about movie series or things like this that might leave openings for sequels but it's possible that doesn't happen. A great example of working this right, I think, is Batman Begins. Sure it set up a sequel and left you wondering, but it also gave enough closure you didn't feel a need for a sequel to complete your enjoyment of that film by itself, you can enjoy it for what it is and enjoy it so much, you want another dose. That's what I want from X-Files 2, another does of great X-Files fun, but make this hit as satisfying as possible. X-Files, to me, is a great story you never get tired of if you truly enjoy it, so there's no need to setup sequels or leave something to draw the audience in. Keep throwing Mulder and Scully stories and we'll be at the box office window buying tickets.

Well, from what I gather this movie (and any future ones) is more of a return to form and the first two seasons of the show, where the focus was on the two characters and not the conspiracy mythology which later took over the show and got very muddled. This will be Mulder and Scully in a stand-alone story, and I think future films will be too. They even shot it in Vancouver, which will also give it the look and feel of the first 4 seasons of the show.

Viking28
07-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Glad to see so many people also gave KUNG FU PANDA a fair shake.

... expected all of the indignant INDY hate in this den of cynicism. :lol

I'll give KOTCS another shot when it comes out on blu.

Buttmunch
07-06-2008, 09:40 PM
1. THE DARK KNIGHT

I didn't know other movies came out this summer?!??!

Same here. :D

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hulk
Indy 4
Get Smart
Kung Fu Panda
WALL E

darthviper107
07-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm going to say only current movies that I've seen:

1. Iron man
2. Wall-E
3. Wanted
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Prince Caspian

7. Indiana Jones (eh, but not too bad, just not right under Prince Caspian)

9. Speed Racer (cheesy crap)

14. The Happening (crappy, crappy, crap crap crappity crap)

Dark Knight and Hellboy will probably be tops, I can already say The Dark Knight is my favorite.

MaulFan
07-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, from what I gather this movie (and any future ones) is more of a return to form and the first two seasons of the show, where the focus was on the two characters and not the conspiracy mythology which later took over the show and got very muddled. This will be Mulder and Scully in a stand-alone story, and I think future films will be too. They even shot it in Vancouver, which will also give it the look and feel of the first 4 seasons of the show.

Excellent. As much as I liked the conspiracy storyline, the greatest strenght of the series to me was the relationship between the two of them, no mattter the situation. Some fantastic character development the way they started them as polar opposities in their thoughts and beliefs and the blending of the two over time as they adopted the strongest traits of one another, and I just love the chemistry Duchovy and Anderson have together, the relationship feels so genuine you really see them as the characters and not actors.

King Darkness
07-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Excellent. As much as I liked the conspiracy storyline, the greatest strenght of the series to me was the relationship between the two of them, no mattter the situation.

I agree 100% here. :lecture

Toast
07-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Iron Man
Wanted
Hulk
Hancock

Can't wait for Hellboy II and The Dark Knight

Kuzeh
07-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I think is funny how people put Dark Knight...:D

for me:

1-Wall-E
2-Iron Man
3-Kung Fu Panda
4-Get Smart
5-Indiana Jones
6-Hulk
7-Speed Racer

Overall, a little weak IMO...but the best is coming!!
HB2, XF2, DK...wohooo!!!

Jen
07-06-2008, 10:43 PM
For me:
1. Iron Man
2. Hulk
3. Wanted
4. Kung Foo Panda
5. Speed Racer
6. Indiana Jones

Now just because Indy is last doesn't mean I didn't like the movie...because I did. So far I've enjoyed every movie I've seen. :rock Any movies I deem as questionable (i.e. Hancock) I will hold off for DVD release.

I can guarantee that Hellboy II and the Dark Knight will end up in the top 3 once I see them.

CelticPredator
07-07-2008, 01:11 AM
So far...

1: Wanted.
2: Iron Man
3: Kung Fu Panda
4: Indy 4!
5: Incredible Hulk
6: Speed Racer

Wanted goes on first because...well, i've been waiting for a movie like that since UltraViolet failed to satisfy.

FQRizzo
07-07-2008, 03:49 AM
1) Indy 4 :whip
2) Iron Man
3) Wall-E
4) Hulk

DinoLast
07-07-2008, 04:09 AM
1 Iron Man
2 Indiana Jones and the KOTCS
2 Incredible Hulk
3 Wanted

I still want to see the Narnia movie, Hancock, Wall e, and of course the Dark Knight
Maybe we should have a poll at the end of August

Darth Caedus
07-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Wall-E (Just an amazing movie)
Get Smart (Know people hated it, but I enjoyed it, plus Anne Hathaway :love)
Zohan (Sure it was stupid, but I laughed)
Hulk (which I actually didn't like, but the rest of the films sucked)
Indiana Jones(see everybody else's posts for this one)
Speed Racer(terrible, just terrible)
Kung Fu Panda (I actually fell asleep during this flick)

Haven't seen Iron Man yet (need to get on that), Narnia, nor Hancock

screamingmetal
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Excellent. As much as I liked the conspiracy storyline, the greatest strenght of the series to me was the relationship between the two of them, no mattter the situation. Some fantastic character development the way they started them as polar opposities in their thoughts and beliefs and the blending of the two over time as they adopted the strongest traits of one another, and I just love the chemistry Duchovy and Anderson have together, the relationship feels so genuine you really see them as the characters and not actors.

I feel that the only ongoing X-Files storyline that will be dealt with will be Mulder and Scully's relationship in XF2. The conspiracy storyline will have to have some presence I think since it effected their relationship. That stuff I'm hoping will be more of a nod to the longtime XF fans and not dwelt upon to exclude the new people who don't remember or have seen the series or first movie.

Dusty
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Of those that I've seen:

1) Wall-E (SOOOO hope it gets nominated for best picture)
2) Iron Man
3) Hulk
4) The Happening (not so bad if you compare it to the 50s B films it's based on, but could have been MUCH better)
5) Indy 4 (see above, but this also has the expectation of Indiana Jones behind it, which lowers it behind The Happening, IMO)

Really looking forward to:
The Dark Knight
The Mummy III
Hellboy II

Haven't seen:
Hancock (will probably see soon)
Get Smart (waiting for rental)
Mongol (waiting for rental)
Kung Fu Panda (will probably see soon)
Wanted (waiting for rental)
Prince Caspian (waiting for rental)

Will probably never see:
Zohan
The Wackness
Sex and the City
Love Guru
Made of Honor

Edit: Left out Speed Racer! Will probably see it, but waiting for rental.

tomandshell
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Will probably never see:
Zohan
The Wackness
Sex and the City
Love Guru
Made of Honor

This is why I like Dusty. She has good taste.

:D

Here's my attempt at a ranking so far (not including ones I haven't seen):

Iron Man
Wall-E
Kung Fu Panda
Indiana Jones
Hulk
Prince Caspian
Get Smart
Hancock
Speed Racer

NASEDO
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM
The last Movie I seen in Theaters was Harry Potter OOTP. And I plan on going to see the X-Files later this month. Everything else could wait for DVD. I might go see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D at Imax, but thats it. I hate movie Theaters.

Bannister
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Edit: Left out Speed Racer! Will probably see it, but waiting for rental.

To me, the only way to see Speed Racer is on the big screen since the visuals are the main thing going for it.

Dr.Mirakle32
07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I hope you people who are voting for THE DARK KNIGHT aren't dissapointed. After seeing Indy 4, I've learned to never be that pumped for a movie again. I wanna be pumped for TDK, but I don't want another KOTCS -style dissapointment.

Giant Chicken
07-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I hope you people who are voting for THE DARK KNIGHT aren't dissapointed. After seeing Indy 4, I've learned to never be that pumped for a movie again. I wanna be pumped for TDK, but I don't want another KOTCS -style dissapointment.

Agreed :lecture:lecture:lecture

But then again... how could TDK be bad????

But then again... Indiana was suppose to rock and it sucked!

But then again... how could TDK be bad???

CelticPredator
07-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Then again, Indy was fun.....

But then again....every TDK review has been great.

Dr.Mirakle32
07-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Then again, Indy was fun.....

But then again....every TDK review has been great.

Indy was fun.... the second time I saw it, but it wasn't as great as it could have been. Remember, before the movies actually came out, just about EVERY Indy 4 and Superman Returns review was overwhlmingly positive...

Then they came out and tore fandom in half, with some people hating them with a passion, and others feeling that they were just okay.

CelticPredator
07-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I agree with that. It should've been much better, but thanks to the moron Lucas, it wasnt.

NewGoblin23
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Heres my top ten list from the movies ive seen

1. Wall-E
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Speed Racer
4. Kung Fu Panda
5. Get Smart
6. Iron man
7. Wanted
8. Zohan
9. Indiana Jones
10. Hancock
11. Sex and the City
12. Narnia

Agent23
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
1. Wall-E (incredible movie)

2. Iron Man (bad ass)

3. Indiana Jones (so-so)

Wetanut
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
1. WALL-E (phenomenal...I too hope for Best Pic nomination but probably will only get Best Animated Pic nom)
2. Iron Man (Downy sold this thing down to its metal shoes)
3. Indiana Jones (fun; exactly what I expect from Indy movies)
4. Kung-Fu Panda (Jack Black not nearly so irritating when only voicing)
5. Wanted (fun, fun, fun - McAvoy is now in the "A" list)

Plan to see Dark Knight and Hellboy II at the theater. Will probably wait for rental for Mummy III, Hancock, & Prince Caspian. I aml not interested in any of the others that's come out so far.

DarkArtist81
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
As said before, I am sure TDK and Hellboy II will change the list... but here goes..

1: Iron Man
2: Hulk
3: Indy
4: Wanted
5: Get Smart
6: The crappening.. :banghead

Still haven't seen WALL-E. Was supposed to this past weekend, but the Wife was lazy... :lol

(she won't let me go alone...:monkey2)

YoNoSe
07-07-2008, 07:57 PM
1. WALL-E
2. Iron Man
3. Hulk

I don't know where to place Indy. I feel like it's an outside category.:confused:

I'm most looking forward to Hellboy, followed by The X-Files. Two of my favorite properties, and I never expected a sequel to either.:D

The Dark Knight is a big question mark for me. I never loved Begins the way a lot of people do, but I do love a lot of things in it. I'm hoping the stronger presence from the Rogue's Gallery will do it for me this time.

galactiboy
07-08-2008, 10:59 AM
From what I've seen so far:

1) Wall-E (really enjoyed it, and overall just edges out Iron Man)
2) Iron Man (Most kickass, but a few weak parts put it at #2)
3) KOTCS
4) Prince Caspian
5) The Crappening- need I say more

Still want to see:
Dark Knight
Hellboy II
Kung Fu Panda (most likely rental at this point)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (mostly because its 3D)
Hulk
X-Files (suspect it will suck)

The Monster
07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
1) Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull:whip

No need for me too list any others.:D

SOLIDSNAKE
07-08-2008, 05:30 PM
1-IRON MAN & THE DARK KNIGHT

2- The rest just bonus

EVILFACE
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Wall*E
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda

rest have been meh at best.

The Dark Knight will change that though.

Darth Caedus
07-09-2008, 08:39 AM
1) Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull:whip

No need for me too list any others.:D

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

The ill Jedi
07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Great to see all the WALL-E love!!! :)

For me:

1) WALL-E :rock :rock :rock
2) Iron Man
3) Kung Fu Panda
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) Indiana Jones

I think once I've seen Hellboy II and Tropic Thunder, they might join that list.

Darth Caedus
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Great to see all the WALL-E love!!! :)

For me:

1) WALL-E :rock :rock :rock
2) Iron Man
3) Kung Fu Panda
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) Indiana Jones

I think once I've seen Hellboy II and Tropic Thunder, they might join that list.

:tap:tap:tap:tap You're forgetting the dark knight.............

creature4000
07-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Ironman
The Dark Knight (can't be better then IM) ;)
Narnia
Hulk

everything else...

.. then after I've seen all the others.. Indy. :(

UTtoyfan
07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I haven't seen too many movies this summer. But here is how my list goes so far. I do plan on seeing Dark Knight and X-Files in the theater though.

1. Iron Man
2. Wall-E
3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4. Hancock

Yeah, pitiful I know. I just saw Hancock today, and while I wouldn't say it was bad all over, it just didn't compare too well when watching the other 3 movies. I've seen plenty of Blu-ray and DVD movies this summer though, but those don't count.:lol

DarkDaysinVegas
07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Prison Break Season 1

Prison Break Season 2
---------------------
Kick Ass Sea Bass!!! :D :lol

DarkDaysinVegas
07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
The Dark Knight
Wanted

So far the best list I've seen was my own! :banana

It was always HB2 and TDK for me.

Haven't seen Wall-E yet....:D

Reinhardt
07-10-2008, 04:48 AM
1. Dark Knight
2. Dark Knight
3. Dark Knight

i just know.

Les Walker
07-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Seen so far:

WALL-E
IRONMAN
Indy 4
Hulk
Wanted
KFPanda

Will see:
DARK KNIGHT
Hellboy2
Mummy 3
XFiles

Later must see:
Day the Earth Stood Still

Vader AL
07-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I've only seen Iron Man and Indy....seeing Hulk sometime this week.

1) Ironman
2) Indy

DarkDaysinVegas
07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
HELLBOY 2 WAS BAD ASS!!!

:rock :rock Go see this one immediately! :rock :rock

galactiboy
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Just got back from Journey to the Center of the Earth... it was actually pretty fun. For being a kid-oriented 3D movie it was cool.

Darth Waller
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
1. Iron Man
2. Kung Fu Panda
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Darth Waller
07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
HELLBOY 2 WAS BAD ASS!!!

:rock :rock Go see this one immediately! :rock :rock

I'm planning to this weekend. :banana

galactiboy
07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm going to see it tomorrow, would have today... but I had to stick around town and I wouldn't see a movie this cool at our crappy local theater!

woodsy
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
1]. Ironman
2]. Hellboy 2
3]. Kung Fu Panda
4]. Indiana Jones
5]. Hulk
6]. WALL-E
7]. Narnia

galactiboy
07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
So after seeing some more flicks...

1) Wall-E (really enjoyed it, and overall just edges out Iron Man)
2) Iron Man (Most kickass, but a few weak parts put it at #2)
3) Hellboy II
4) KOTCS
5) Journey to the Center of the Earth (edges out Caspian since 3D)
6) Prince Caspian (better than Journey, but not as fun)
7) The Crappening- need I say more

Still want to see:
Dark Knight
Hulk

YoNoSe
07-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I need to update:
HB2
Wall-E
Iron Man
Indy
Hulk

Toast
07-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Since I have seen hellboy my new list is
1. Iron Man
2. HellBoy 2 Golden army
3. Wanted
4. Hancock

Not ranked
Kung Fu Panda- I Honestly Don't know where to put it on the list lol but I did like it alot
Soon to be number 1 = The Dark Knight

DarkDaysinVegas
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Hells Yeah! :monkey4 :banana

Can we set up an effin' poll for this thread? :D

Darth Waller
07-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Updated list.

1. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
2. Iron Man
3. Kung Fu Panda
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Michael Crawford
07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Of what I've seen so far:

1 - Wall-e
2 - Kung Fu Panda
3 - Iron Man
4 - Prince Caspian
5 - Hancock
6 - Hellboy
7 - Indy
8 - Get Smart
9 - Speed Racer

Those were at least worth seeing...there isn't a number low enough for Happening.

IrishJedi
07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Latest Top 10 of Summer:

1) WALL-E
2) IRON MAN
3) INDIANA JONES and THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
4) KUNG FU PANDA
5) HELLBOY II: THE GOLDEN ARMY

6) The Incredible Hulk
7) Get Smart
8) Wanted
9) Speed Racer
10) Hancock

carbo-fation
07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Good thread.

So far,

Iron Man
Hellboy II
Incredible Hulk
Wanted
Wall E
Kung Fu Panda
Speed Racer
Narnia
Hancock
Get Smart

Don't Mess with the Zohan :monkey4
Inidana Jones IV :lol

But with TDK, Tropic Thunder and Hellboy II on the way, I am sure the list will change drastically.

Updated list! Hellboy rocked!:rock

TheObsoleteMan
07-13-2008, 04:19 PM
1. KOTCS
2. Iron Man
3. Hulk
4. Hellboy 2 :monkey4

The Josh
07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I gotta go see Wall-E, Hulk and Prince Caspian. Going to see Dark Knight next week.

YoNoSe
07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Updated again:

Hellboy 2
Wall-E
Iron Man
TDK
Indy
Hulk

Ven
07-19-2008, 02:32 PM
1. The dark knight! everything i wanted and more!!

FQRizzo
07-19-2008, 05:05 PM
UPDATED:

1) TDK
2) Wall-E
3) Indy
4) Iron Man
5) Hellboy 2
6) Hulk

DarthNeil
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
1) The Dark Knight

(note the space)

2) Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
3) Iron Man
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) Wanted

6) Get Smart

7) The Happening

8) You Don't Mess With The Zohan
9) What Happens In Vegas
10) The Love Guru

just because I saw them:monkey4

On deck-- Wall-E, Hellboy 2, and Prince Caspian (once I see these that should knock some of that bad summer movie taste out of my top ten)

UTtoyfan
07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
As of July 18th:

1. THE DARK KNIGHT
2. Iron Man
3. Wall-E
4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
5. Hancock

IrishJedi
07-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Latest Top 10 of Summer:

1) WALL-E
2) THE DARK KNIGHT
3) IRON MAN
(3b - WATCHMEN Trailer)
4) INDIANA JONES and THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
5) KUNG FU PANDA

6) Hellboy II: The Golden Army
7) The Incredible Hulk
8) Get Smart
9) Wanted
10) Speed Racer

Knocked out of Top 10: Hancock

tomandshell
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
My update:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hellboy II
Wall-E
Kung Fu Panda
Indiana Jones
Hulk
Prince Caspian
Get Smart
Hancock
Speed Racer

Still need to factor in X-Files, Mummy III, and Mamma Mia.

(Just kidding about Mamma Mia.)

Darklord Dave
07-19-2008, 06:33 PM
My update:

Still need to factor in X-Files, Mummy III, and Mamma Mia.

(Just kidding about Mamma Mia.)

Can ABBA get no love? They had the outfits from Mamma Mia across the lobby from the batsuit at the Arclight. Guess which ones looked like they were from a comic book movie?

tomandshell
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
My wife would like to see it and I am willing to take her, but there's too much else still coming out to justify it this summer.

carbo-fation
07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
The Dark Kight

Iron Man
Hellboy II
Incredible Hulk
Wall E
Kung Fu Panda
The Wackness (awesome movie)
Wanted
Speed Racer
Hancock
Get Smart

You don't Mess with the Zohan
Sex and the City
KOTS :monkey4

wofford29
07-19-2008, 06:49 PM
The Dark Knight

Wall*E

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

DarthNeil
07-19-2008, 07:00 PM
My wife would like to see it and I am willing to take her, but there's too much else still coming out to justify it this summer.

James Bond singing... How can that be wrong?:lol:horror:lol

Joker
07-19-2008, 07:03 PM
I'll just rate the movies I saw.

The Dark Knight - A
The Incredible Hulk - B
Iron Man - B-
Indiana Jones - F
Wanted - F
Wall-E - C+
Hellboy 2 - B+
Get Smart - D
Speed Racer - B

Les Walker
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
1) WALL-E One of the best movies I have ever seen, much less this summer
2) The Dark Knight
3) Ironman
4) Indiana Jones 4
5) Incredible Hulk
6) Wanted
7) Hellboy II: The Golden Army
8) Speed Racer
9) Kung Fu Panda

10) nothing else qualifies...hated Hancock and Get Smart....missed Narnia
Hope X-Files and Mummy 3 don't blow. Actually want to see Death Race and Bangkok Dangerous, and maybe that wooden looking Star Wars animation thing...hope it doesn't blow either. I wish Lucas would stop squeezing that Star Wars tit and do something new. There isn't much milk left in that one!

Jen
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
My new list:
TDK
Hellboy II
Iron Man
Hulk
Wall-E
Wanted
Indiana Jones
Kung Fu Panda
Speed Racer

IrishJedi
07-19-2008, 07:22 PM
1) WALL-E One of the best movies I have ever seen, much less this summer
2) The Dark Knight
3) Ironman
4) Indiana Jones 4

We have the same exact Top 4. :lecture :duff

The Josh
07-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm really torn between Dark Knight and Iron Man.

1. Dark Knight/Iron Man
2. Indiana Jones
3. Hellboy 2
4. Hulk

darthviper107
07-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Really, I have to say that TDK is the best movie I've seen since LOTR, that's including Star Wars, but not counting Serenity--I really can't say Serenity is any kind of bad, but neither would I say that about TDK so I don't think I'll compare the two.

My top 4:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Wall-E
3. Iron Man
4. Hellboy 2

CelticPredator
07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Wanted
Hellboy II
Indy 4
Kung Fu Panda
Speed Racer
Hulk

Movies I didnt like

Hancock

Thats it really....

Rogue Trooper
07-20-2008, 01:09 AM
So far,

Hulk
Iron Man
KOTCS

NewGoblin23
07-20-2008, 03:03 AM
1. The Dark Knight
2. Wall-E
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. Speed Racer (Yup, I saw it. SOO much fun.)
5. Kung Fu Panda
6. Get Smart
7. Iron Man
8. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
9. Wanted
10. Hancock

Les Walker
07-20-2008, 06:09 AM
We have the same exact Top 4. :lecture :duff

I guess we two are the only ones that truly appreciate the magnitude of the tale of the little robot, and why it is still a better movie than the others. :D
But, that's what makes the world go round, variety!
To be honest, Indy 4 was not that great, but I enjoyed it more than the rest below it in my list. It was a lot of fun for the most part and got me back into Indy stuff again. For that I appreciate it.

floppy hat jon
07-20-2008, 06:51 PM
I've only seen 3 movies this summer, but:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Hulk

Shropt
07-20-2008, 07:00 PM
1) Wall-E
2) Iron Man
2.5) Dark Knight (so close to beating Iron Man I couldn't justify it as 3)
3)Incredible Hulk
35) Indiana Jones IV

That's all the films I've seen. I still want to see Hancock and Hellboy 2. I'll wait for Speed Racer, Wanted, and Kung Fu Panda for Blu.

Viking28
07-20-2008, 07:10 PM
1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Narnia
4. Kung Fu Panda
5. Hellboy 2
6. Hulk
7. Wall-E
8. Wanted
Indy
Speed Racer

Giant Chicken
07-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Well my new list is...

1) TDK
2) Iron Man
3) Hulk
4) Narnia
5) WALL-E
6) Hancock
7) Wanted
8) Get Smart
9) Indiana Jones (the only movie I actually hated this summer)

Josette
07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I've only seen three so far.....

01) The Dark Knight (No contest here whatsoever)

02) First half of Hancock (Loved the beginning of the movie)
03) Indiana Jones 4 (Enjoyed it, except for the end)

04) Second half of Hancock (It totally crashed and burned, IMO)

Darth Waller
07-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Updated list.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
3. Iron Man
4. Kung Fu Panda
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

It's probably been 20 years since I saw this many movies at the theater in the summer.

The ill Jedi
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I guess we two are the only ones that truly appreciate the magnitude of the tale of the little robot, and why it is still a better movie than the others. :D
Nope, I'm right there with ya Les!! :D

1) WALL-E
2) Iron Man
3) Hellboy II/The Dark Knight
4) Kung Fu Panda
5) The Incredible Hulk
6) Indiana Jones

WALL-E is still tops by far and Iron Man beats out the other Super Hero movies. The Dark Knight was a great movie and it was much better than Begins, but I just wasn't blown away. Ledger's performance as the Joker is top notch though.

Toast
07-20-2008, 09:47 PM
1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Hellboy 2
4. Wanted
5. Hulk
6. Hancock

wofford29
07-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Nope, I'm right there with ya Les!! :D

1) WALL-E
2) Iron Man
3) Hellboy II/The Dark Knight
4) Kung Fu Panda
5) The Incredible Hulk
6) Indiana Jones

WALL-E is still tops by far and Iron Man beats out the other Super Hero movies. The Dark Knight was a great movie and it was much better than Begins, but I just wasn't blown away. Ledger's performance as the Joker is top notch though.

Just out of curiosity, what in Iron Man blew you away? Other than RDJ's performance.

King Darkness
07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
1)Hulk
2)Iron Man
3)Get Smart
4)Indy 4
5)Kungfu Panda
6)The Strangers
7)Prince Caspian
8)reruns of Golden Girls
9)Shalamalamadindongs shatfest The Crappening :yuck

Have seen Wall E or Handcock yet, and I am sure HBII and TDK will be up there once I see them.

Just saw Hellboy 2 and it now tops my list!

I LOVED IT:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

More fun than Iron Man & Hulk!!!!

CelticPredator
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, what in Iron Man blew you away? Other than RDJ's performance.

How much fun it was. The great characters, the great effects, the whole movie was amazing.

BadMoon
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM

Don't bother. :lol:rolleyes::lol

darkknight
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Just saw 3 movies this summer

1)TDK
2)Ironman
3)Kung Fu Panda

carbo-fation
07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Just saw Hellboy 2 and it now tops my list!

I LOVED IT:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

More fun than Iron Man & Hulk!!!!

Even better than TDK?!?!:horror

CelticPredator
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
He said more fun....and it is more fun then TDK. I dont know about BETTER, but its more fun.

Dr.Mirakle32
07-21-2008, 07:54 PM
1) The Dark Knight
2) Iron Man
3) Hulk
4) Indiana Jones
5)
6) Wanted
7) Get Smart

KrisSolo
07-22-2008, 12:10 PM
1 Indy IV
2 Iron Man

3 Wanted (it to be soooo much better than it was...)

TDK tomorrow so..... :)

bumblebee
07-22-2008, 12:12 PM
1) Iron Man
2) TDK
3) Hulk
4) Indy
5) Wanted

Nazgurl
07-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Like a few others have said - I've seen more movies this summer than I've seen in many a year. (But still not as many films as others have listed).

Of the ones I've seen I'll rank them:

1. Ironman
2. The Dark Knight
3. Wall-E
4. Hellboy II The Golden Army (I want a statue of the Angel of Death!)
5. Prince Caspian
6. KOTC
7. Journey to the Center of the Earth

The only one coming out that I'm planning on going to the theater to see is Mummy 3. (or at least the only one I'm aware of - I don't really keep up with what films open when, so there may be some coming out this fall that I'll do see) Hulk, Kung Fu Panda, Wanted I'll see when they come out on DVD.

And while this doesn't really count, the most exciting thing I've seen on the screen was the trailer for Watchmen. I had no idea what it was all about (I've since ordered the graphic novel so as to become educated!) - but the trailer had me catch my breath and get really excited about an upcoming movie for the first time in several years.

Brent72
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Incredible Hulk
4. Indy IV

Still need to see Wanted and Hancock, but will probably wait for Blu-Ray at this point since my next couple trips to the theater will be for repeat viewings of TDK. :cool:

The Mike
07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Wall-E
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
6. Prince Caspian
7. KOTCS

King Darkness
07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Even better than TDK?!?!:horror

I havent seen TDK yet, will be going tomorrow.

YoNoSe
07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Update #3

Hellboy 2
Wall-E
Iron Man
Indy
X-Files
Hulk
TDK
Mama Mia (May be the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater, but my fiancee sits through a lot of genre crap for me. But she agreed it was horrible.)

I find the lower part of the list moving around as I think about what I want on DVD to re-watch.

Customikey
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
The Dark Knight
Wall-E
Iron Man
Hellboy 2
Indiana Jones

galactiboy
08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
And yet another update and bump for this thread...

1)Dark Knight
2)Wall-E (really enjoyed it, and overall just edges out Iron Man)
3) Iron Man
4) Hellboy II
5) Pineapple Express (tough call between #4 and #5)
6) KOTCS
7) Journey to the Center of the Earth (edges out Caspian since 3D)
8) Prince Caspian (better than Journey, but not as fun)
9) The Crappening- need I say more

Going to see:
Clone Wars

Guess I'll wait till video:
Hulk

The Ringer
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
1-The Dark Knight

2-Iron Man

3-Tropic Thunder

4-Indy

5-Hulk

Jesseawilson
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
The Dark Knight Jaw droppingly good
Iron Man Awesome
TIE: Incredible Hulk/Wall E Great movies for different reasons
Hancock Pretty Good
Pineapple Express Ok, Parts were really funny
Wanted Sucked, Big Disappointment!
Hellboy II Sucked A$$ Devastatingly Disappointing!
KOTCS SUCKED ALL THE A$$ IN THE WORLD, Horrible!!

cerealkeller
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
1.Dark Knight
2. Incredible Hulk
3. Hellboy 2
4. Iron Man
5. Wall-E
6. Indiana Jones
7. X-Files

Honestly wasn't disappointed with any of the films this year. Been a great summer. Okay, slightly disappointed Indy didn't make it to #2 for me personally but the movie seemed so lazy.

The Mike
08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Where ever I put Indy? Put Clone Wars underneath it. I would have rather watched Indy again then that film.

YoNoSe
08-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Update #4

Hellboy 2
Wall-E
Iron Man
Clone Wars
Indy
Hulk
X-Files
TDK
Mama Mia

DarthNeil
08-16-2008, 08:00 AM
I'll just rate the movies I saw.

The Dark Knight - A
The Incredible Hulk - B
Iron Man - B-
Indiana Jones - F
Wanted - F
Wall-E - C+
Hellboy 2 - B+
Get Smart - D
Speed Racer - B

Speed Racer a "B"... I'm starting to understand your taste. As I couldn't stomach more than 35 minutes of that crapfest I won't even dignify it with putting it on my list.

UPDATE #2

1) The Dark Knight
(note the space)

2) Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
3) Iron Man
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) The Clone Wars
5) Wanted
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6) Hancock
7) Get Smart
8) The Happening
9) The Mummy- Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
10) You Don't Mess With The Zohan

-thankfully off the top ten of new summer movies--- What Happens In Vegas & The Love Guru

just because I saw them

Hellboy 2 still waiting to see (and now add Tropic Thunder to the wish list)

galactiboy
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Saw 2 new ones this weekend; Clone Wars and Tropic Thunder

1)Dark Knight
2)Wall-E (really enjoyed it, and overall just edges out Iron Man)
3) Iron Man
4) Hellboy II
5) Pineapple Express (tough call between #4 and #5)
6) Tropic Thunder
7) KOTCS
8) Clone Wars
9) Journey to the Center of the Earth (edges out Caspian since 3D)
10) Prince Caspian (better than Journey, but not as fun)
11) The Crappening- need I say more

Guess I'll wait till video:
Hulk

The Josh
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Still totally torn between Iron Man and TDK. I enjoyed the much more than I thought I would and I was really looking forward to them. Honestly for me I had a good time at the movies this summer. Really 4 me not a bad flick in the bunch.

1. Iron Man/TDK
2. Indiana Jones
3. The Clone Wars
4. Hellboy 2
5. The Mummy Pt 3

galactiboy
08-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Iron Man was really a big surprise for me... I wanted it to be good, but kind of expected it to be weak.