It's Time For A New Flash Gordon Movie - Directed By George Lucas!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidge1000

Super Freak
Reaction score
The time has come, we never needed a hero more than we do now!

It's time for George Lucas to fulfill his destiny and give us his vision of Flash Gordon. Having just watched Van Helsing, I'm seeing Hugh Jackman in the lead, this could work big time.

John Williams does the score, Max Von Sydow, or Hugo Weaving as Ming the Merciless, Brian Blessed as the Leader Of The Hawkmen, Voltan isn't it???

I want... no... I need to see this!!!!

D:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

It would be fun to see Flash back on the big screen. But I think the movie is going to miss it's flair with all the CGI that Uncle George is going to put in it.

The time has come, we never needed a hero more than we do now!

It's time for George Lucas to fulfill his destiny and give us his vision of Flash Gordon. Having just watched Van Helsing, I'm seeing Hugh Jackman in the lead, this could work big time.

John Williams does the score, Max Von Sydow, or Hugo Weaving as Ming the Merciless, Brian Blessed as the Leader Of The Hawkmen, Voltan isn't it???

I want... no... I need to see this!!!!

D:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

You've forgotten a certain Simon Skinner--er, Timothy Dalton... as Indiana Jones and Robin Hood's illigitimate bastard child...

18450955.jpg

Wasn't one of the reasons Lucas made Star Wars because he couldn't get the rights to make a Flash Gordon movie?
If he made it now it'd be an overblown CGI borefest like the SW prequels so I have zero intrest in a remake.

Wasn't one of the reasons Lucas made Star Wars because he couldn't get the rights to make a Flash Gordon movie?
If he made it now it'd be an overblown CGI borefest like the SW prequels so I have zero intrest in a remake.

I believe George could inject just the right amount of campness into this to make it the wondrous visual spectacle it needs to be.

Definately keep Max Von Sydow and Brian Blessed, but hated Timothy Dalton as the Prince.

This could rock in the biggest way!

D

You know at first I thought you were crazy for asking this, but Then I remembered Lucas's love for the franchise, and how he understands the nature of the old movie serials. So he might do it justice. But Jackman as Flash, now you are smoking something and not sharing. I think Heath Ledger, god rest his soul would have been perfect. I'm not sure who they would get now. But they gotta keep the queen music. Oh and Bill Nighy as Meng.

You know at first I thought you were crazy for asking this, but Then I remembered Lucas's love for the franchise, and how he understands the nature of the old movie serials. So he might do it justice. But Jackman as Flash, now you are smoking something and not sharing. I think Heath Ledger, god rest his soul would have been perfect. I'm not sure who they would get now. But they gotta keep the queen music. Oh and Bill Nighy as Meng.

Finally you understand, George loves these flicks!
Just Think Blonde Hugh Jackman! It could work, the guy kicks ass! Heath Ledger? Don't think so.
Bill Nighy as Ming?????? Utterly Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite actors!
Much as I luv em, need Williams Score to give it the Scale it requires. Could keep FLAAASHHHH AAHHHH AHHHHHHHH Tune at the end!

D

Finally you understand, George loves these flicks!
Just Think Blonde Hugh Jackman! It could work, the guy kicks ass! Heath Ledger? Don't think so.
Bill Nighy as Ming?????? Utterly Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite actors!
Much as I luv em, need Williams Score to give it the Scale it requires. Could keep FLAAASHHHH AAHHHH AHHHHHHHH Tune at the end!

D

We seem to have some the same ideas on this, it's kinda exciting and makes me want to see this happen, and that is down right scary.:google

As for the score, maybe Danny Elfman instead, it really can't be that serious, and Elfman's music has more of a fantasy feel to it, as opposed to Williams masterful scale. But NO JACKMAN!

We seem to have some the same ideas on this, it's kinda exciting and makes me want to see this happen, and that is down right scary.:google

As for the score, maybe Danny Elfman instead, it really can't be that serious, and Elfman's music has more of a fantasy feel to it, as opposed to Williams masterful scale. But NO JACKMAN!

Danny Elfman? Agreeable, love him!
Jackman? I'm still well up for this! But willing to listen to who you think it should be? Don't say Nicholas Cage for Gods sake!

And to an earlier poster, agreed that no-one that worked on the latest show even gets to talk about the project let alone be involved.

D:chew

Elfman? He's had his turn, and after a few movies, all his soundtracks start to sound the same.

Queen is awesome, Queen cannot be beat, but this would be a new movie, so we need a new score.

My vote is for a group that we already know LOVES Flash, they've already done it, in fact... Tenacious D. They brought the house down when they did it at Comic Con 2 years ago. Not sure if I want Jack B to play one of the roles...gotta think on that.

REMAKE, REMAKE, REMAKE,!!!!!!!

MING, MING, MING, MING, MING, MING!!!!!!!

JACKMAN, JACKMAN, JACKMAN, JACKMAN, JACKMAN, !!!!!

WILLIAMS, WILLIAMS,WILLIAMS,WILLIAMS,WILLIAMS,!!!!!!!

BLESSED, BLESSED,BLESSED,BLESSED,BLESSED,BLESSED,BLESSED!!!!!!!

GORDONS ALIIIVE?????????????

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:cool::cool:

LUCAS, LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS,LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

Lucas fails at life. He's sucking the life out of Star Wars, and screwed Indy 4. (I still liked it., but Frank had a cooler script)

Back