Old skool gamers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Super Hans-

Super Freak
Reaction score
Forget all the ps3 this and xbox 360 that i wanna talk about the classic retro stuff back when consoles were 16-32 bit and the games were actually good. discuss your best games from the nes to the jaguar.
MD2_sega_megadrive2.jpg

woke up one christmas to find this bad boy under the tree wooo no kiss chase for me i was kicking m.bisons ass on street fighter 2 or failing to get past the first level on revenge of shenobi those were the days.
SMASH_TV-5.gif

250px-Robocop_versus_The_Terminator_box_uk.jpg

super_mario_kart_snes_.jpg

SuperMarioBros.jpg

Last edited:
I remember being REALLY little and waking up on Christmas morning seeing this game underneath the tree. Really really loved this game.

legend_of_zelda_nes_screenshot1.jpg

Then, years later, what really got me into video games and showed me what the future of games could be is another christmas when I saw this
30_Sonic1box_1174271975.jpg

Been hooked ever since. I'm just waiting for games where you put on the helmet and you are in the game. Until then, i'll keep playing consoles

The Last Ninja C64. Best old school game ever ! :rock

I remember playing this for hours. The animation was top notch, the graphics were excellent and the gameplay was fantastic (this was 1987 remember:D)

lastninja2.gif

lastninja3.gif
lastninja4.png

"Last Ninja was the most successful original game ever on the Commodore C64. In Europe the sales for the C64 version alone were in excess of 750,000 units and international multi-format sales exceeded 2,000,000 units. It won almost every award available and was critically acclaimed everywhere as an original, ground-breaking game. There is no C64 gamer that has not heard of Last Ninja. Even today, people still talk about the impact it had on the gaming world."

Forget all the ps3 this and xbox 360 that i wanna talk about the classic retro stuff back when consoles were 16-32 bit and the games were actually good.

Says the guy that was poo-pooing Mega Man 9?!? :google

Video game perfection:

megaman2e00to6.png

Contra

Mega man I - still have it

Mortal Kombat

Ninja Guiden

Ninja Gaiden
Super Mario Brothers...all of them before the N64
Metroid
Super Metroid
Castlevania
Double Dragon
Streets of Rage
Sonic
Casltevania: Symphony of the Night

I loved the Commodore 64, and Vic 20, Intellivision playing Night stalker, and Burger time.
ColecoVision with Donkey Kong. Sega 2600, Sega Master System, TurboGrafx-16

I won't even mention going to the arcade to play Ted Nugent, and KISS pinball machines. Tempest , Robotron, and TRON while chewing a whole pack of Bubble Yum...lol those were the days

I loved the Commodore 64, and Vic 20, Intellivision playing Night stalker, and Burger time.
ColecoVision with Donkey Kong. Sega 2600, Sega Master System, TurboGrafx-16

I won't even mention going to the arcade to play Ted Nugent, and KISS pinball machines. Tempest , Robotron, and TRON while chewing a whole pack of Bubble Yum...lol those were the days

Yep, I went from the Atari 2600 to the Vic-20 to the C-64 to the Playstation so I skiped the Genesis/Nintendo years. I loved Wizard and Mission Impossible on the C-64.

i only had the NES and sega genesis as a kid/teenager. on NES id play megaman 3 alot. that is my favorite megaman. id also play zelda a lot, and SMB3 which would have been a lot cooler if it had a save feature. i also like the castlevania series. on genesis i pretty much played mortal kombat 2 all the time just so i could do the fatalities. i also played NHL 95 or 96 or 97(cant remember which one) like 24 hours a day.

Oh how I remember my first game system....the wonderful nintendo console. So grey, so fun to get the games to work (the 'ol put the cartridge in just right, or blow on the cartridge or into the slot). Those were the days. There were two games I loved playing on that system...

256px-Super_Mario_Bros_box.jpg

256px-Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg

At my friends house we would play...

contra.jpg

Such a freaking fun game!

i had a lot of games for the 2600, but these were the first games i ever played that i REALLY loved.
Pitfall2.png

Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark_Atari_2600_.jpg

and yes, i also had the "Landfill" game too. God it was awful...

Etvideogamecover.jpg

Raiders of the lost Ark was a great game. And I remember when I finaly won at Pitfall II.. I was so happy I woke my parents up yelling.

golden axe anyone... loved this game. dont know about in the u.s but here in the u.k these old sega games cost some serious g's even more expensive than the new xbox 360 games.

Last edited:
Oh man, those were the days when games were REALLY F'N HARD!!

I myself had the Nintendo and Super Nintendo back in the day. Then it was PS1, PS2, XBox, XBox 360.

But there were so many games I remember playing in grade school that were so much fun...

Nintendo

Super Mario Brothers 1-3
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Jaws (based on Jaws: The Revenge...movie bad, game great)
Friday the 13th
Pinball (had to fight for game time on it...my mom kept playing it)
Duck Hunt (love that Zapper)

Super Nintendo

Star Trek: TNG - Future's Past
Jurassic Park
Mortal Kombat II

And while we're talking about 8-bit Nintendo, does anyone else remember that brief young adult book series "Worlds of Power"? I remember reading and enjoying Metal Gear and Castlevania II (the one where a kid was pulled into the Castlevania world and helped Simon in his quest).

mortal kombat worked best on the snes especialy with the added friendship and babality finishers :lol:lol
CageFriendship.jpg

Man this is back in the day when games gave you a big...

F^^^ YOU!!!

...when you lost all your lives and had to start from the beginning. And now all these kids are crying about games NOWADAYS being too hard?!?! Psshh...you don't know what it's like making it to the FINAL BOSS, losing all your lives and having to start FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE DAMN GAME.

Space Invaders on the coleco

Ninga Gaiden Nintendo

Mario Nintendo

Rescue Nintendo

Defender of the Crown Old PC

Kings Quest Old PC

Space Quest Old PC

Ice Hockey Nintendo

Contra Nintendo

Space Harrier Sega Master System

Alex the Kid Sega Master System

Double Dragon Sega Master System