The greatest RPG of all time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I can't wait to finally get to play this! I, sadly, missed out the first time.

Since I haven't yet played Chrono Trigger, the greatest RPG of all time, for me, is The Secret of Mana. (yes, I've played FFVII :peace :lol )

Chrono Trigger!!!!!!!

Oh man, I wish Square Enix would stop with the countless Final Fantasy's and especially the extra FFVII crap and concentrate on the one sequel that EVERYONE wants! The THIRD Chrono series game!!!

Hmmmm...would expect this thread to be about this one, if you're talking about the greatest RPG game of all time

the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-virtual-console-20070226043617627-000.jpg

I'd play Ocarina again if they'd update those textures. That said, I'm not sure if it can be considered a "true" RPG, but it was a great adventure.

I've played Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana 3 (import) on the SNES, and they are among the best.

Zelda was, and is one of the great ARPG's it may even be the best, but ARPG's are their own topic.
Gotta say this, but in no way was FFVII the greatest RPG of all time, it was, however, one of the most important. FFVII had an incredably strong marketing campaign, as well as a allmost cyberpunk feel. these two factors, allong with an exceptionaly well designed world served to draw So many more people into the RPG Genre, pushing what had been a niche market into the more mainstream limelight. what the game lacked, IMO was a good villian, and a strong story. It had an acceptable story, and an acceptable villain, and it worked. FFVII was great, but in no way the greatest. For me? the BEST Final fantasy was 6. But even then, Chrono Trigger allways was, and allways will be king of the Mountian.

I'm not sure that we will ever see another CT game, i think the guys who made it LEFT square after Xenogears came out.

Oh man, I can't wait to finally get to play this! I, sadly, missed out the first time.

Since I haven't yet played Chrono Trigger, the greatest RPG of all time, for me, is The Secret of Mana. (yes, I've played FFVII :peace :lol )

OMG Yes!!! Secret of Mana!!!! that is the first RPG i played all the way through.
~~~hmmm.... looks like i need to buy a DS now.

OMG Yes!!! Secret of Mana!!!! that is the first RPG i played all the way through.
~~~hmmm.... looks like i need to buy a DS now.

Yea, Secret of Mana really was a good one. I play it now-and-then on my SNES Emulator. Still can't duplicate the experience of playing it the first time on SNES though.

FFVII for the Ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:google:google:google

See above. Best RPG, not most overrated.

Seriously, FFVII fanboys drive me nuts. It wasn't even the best game in its own series. The plot was horribly convoluted, and most of the characters were cardboard cutouts. The only thing that can really be said about it is that it was a step forward technologically. Playing it today, it doesn't hold up nearly as well.

Back