Mega Man 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
F-YEAH!

https://www.gamesradar.com/wii/mega...a-20080702154756565049/g-20080626165055938021

At first I was like wtf? to the old school graphics, but after having another go with the Mega Collection, I think the old-school graphics and music is a great choice.

Playing Mega Man 2 when I was 8 was the most fun I've ever had playing a video game. The levels were challenging enough and the music was perfect. I used to play again and again making up my own story lines. :lol

I cannot freaking wait!

i actually still have my NES megaman 1-4 and they still work. i found them in storage last winter and i played them for hours. brought back memories. but now they are back in storage again.:lol

I don't mind the 8-bit graphics - in fact, most of the game design and art direction from back then is now a lost art.

I don't mind the 2D graphics, but I would still like the graphics to be high resolution.

who doesnt love cannon blasts that look like tennis balls.

I'm glad they are doing Mega Man 9 as classic 8-bit. I hope this title is a big seller, and other companies will follow suit and revisit 2D, 8 bit gameplay. I would love for Miyamoto to make a new 2D 8-bit Super Mario Bros. sequel...

The 8-bit graphics and sound effects were crisp and unique. You can't replicate that feel anymore, unless it's written with the NES hardware in mind. They are more than welcome to make "new" 16 bit games as well.

With disk space being abundant these days, they can make exceptionally long 8/16-bit games with plenty of content, and even online capability, while keeping the retro look & feel consistent.

Monday on WiiWare, Thursday on PS3, and Oct 1 on 360. :rock

If you do not download this game, you have no soul.

I recently played MEGAMAN 1 and got to the last guy. I gave up, its impossible. It seems the older games are so much harded then today's.

oh man i loved Mega Man as a kid,i have all the NES games on my computer,still enjoy them and think back when i was a little bastard sitting in front of the tv all day playing nintendo...ahhhh good old times

I recently played MEGAMAN 1 and got to the last guy. I gave up, its impossible. It seems the older games are so much harded then today's.

you are correct,they are simpy impossible to play through anymore,that goes for all Nintendo Games,that 3 life limit and game over.

I recently went back and played Mega Man 1-8 on the Gamecube (anniversary collection) in anticipation of this game. And yeah, they're hard (especially the first one), but so much fun.

That's why I laugh when some kid says I'm not a hardcore gamer because I like me some Mario Kart on the Wii. I just think "Son, you don't don't know what hardcore is until you go three rounds in Wily's fortress." :lol

You can call me old, but you can't say I'm not hardcore. :lol

Been playing this for about 30 minutes now and it is DIFFICULT.

Very much mike Mega Man 2: no charge shot, no slide.

Back to playing...

Back