xbox360 dashboard update rumour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be interesting. I think that xbox already has the best "dashboard" type function of all the next-gen consoles and this would make it even better

I guess i'm missing some point about the article. When they talk about motion navigation similar to Minority Report, are they saying we'll get a wiimote like device to navigate through menus, or are they just speaking about the structure of the menus/dashboard?

I guess i'm missing some point about the article. When they talk about motion navigation similar to Minority Report, are they saying we'll get a wiimote like device to navigate through menus, or are they just speaking about the structure of the menus/dashboard?

Microsoft announced that they have a motion controller in development.

Microsoft announced that they have a motion controller in development.

i know, but i'm not sure how to understand the article. i meant that i know we'll be getting something like the wiimote, but if it's just to use to navigate through the menus, to me, it's pointless.

i'm more interested in the miis that they are making.

i know, but i'm not sure how to understand the article. i meant that i know we'll be getting something like the wiimote, but if it's just to use to navigate through the menus, to me, it's pointless.

i'm more interested in the miis that they are making.

I think they are developing games for the motion control & the added bonus will be that you can use it to manipulate the dashboard, whereas if you don't but the controller it'll still be 3-d but click on the icon to bring forward

I think they are developing games for the motion control & the added bonus will be that you can use it to manipulate the dashboard, whereas if you don't but the controller it'll still be 3-d but click on the icon to bring forward

Ahh, got ya.

A 360 Dashboard update? COOL!

I heard it was going to look something like this:

minorityj.jpg

Sounds really ambitious if its indeed true. If they can pull it off I'm all for it, as long as they don't pull some crap where you have to buy a special hardware add-on or something in order for it to work.

Sounds really ambitious if its indeed true. If they can pull it off I'm all for it, as long as they don't pull some crap where you have to buy a special hardware add-on or something in order for it to work.

nah, probably similar to the PS3 Sixaxis and self-contained in the controller.

It should be interesting to see what they do, I already love the setup they currently have. Much better handled than any other console out there right now.

It should be interesting to see what they do, I already love the setup they currently have. Much better handled than any other console out there right now.

I know, I wonder why they even bother upgrading it? Its just the menu after all and why waste pay for people to create a new dashboard, I think it's pointless.

I agree. The navigation is very smooth. Only gripe I have with the current dashboard is that the text can be hard to read against many themes until you highlight that option.

Back