Any good ANH Leia sculpts out there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
now that i'm getting my core ANH group in, i'd like to add Leia but don't like the sculpt. any customs or maybe older mass produced likenesses out there?

The PF is spot on Leia, too bad sideshow didn't just cast and shrink it down for the 1/6 scale.

gentle giant's minibust

Yikes...she doesn't look like Leia to me... :sick

starwarsleia.jpg

I also like Sideshows head. I little on the large side, but I think it's a great likeness.

Now, finding a good ROTJ Slave Leia head, on the other hand...

I agree with Cryoguns. The Sideshow head is fine, the problem comes down to the smaller body-type they used for the 1/6 scale figure itself. It doesn't look in proportion making the head look too big for it's own good. Unfortunately, it throws off what would be a splendid sculpt.

I agree with you, it's a great likeness, and full of that snarky smarmy Leia attitude to boot. That photo that was posted is pretty bad, and hardly representative of the bust.

I agree. IMO the Gentle Giant bust looks more like Leia than either Sideshow item (1/4 and 1/6 scale).

Here are two shots I took of my Leia mini-bust

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

I percieve that both Sideshow and the Gentle Giant sculpt both have their likenesses from different stages of the movie,,, or "Expressions" if you like:emperor

I had the PF Leia and sold it. It's a great piece, but I didn't see enough Carrie.

For the record, that second pic taken by Sith Lord has a looooooooot of distortion on it.

The PF is most definitely the best ANH Leia sculpt...

I still think that the PF Leia is one of the nicest PF's in the Star Wars line. There's just no taking a bad pic of that one. Plus the pose is just perfect.

After seeing the 1/6th Leia and a hint of Bespin Han in the shot above, she looks tiny! It's as if she were on a Hobbit body...

I still need to pick up this Leia, though. Need to find her cheap.

I take full blame for the large noggin' on the 1/6 Leia. It took me a very long time to get a handle on consistent sizing with my 1/6 sculpts, many of my sculpts from the early part of my SSC career were all over the map scale-wise. Not only did I sculpt Leia (both Boussh and New Hope) slightly on the large side, but it was before I knew they were going on the new small female body as well. (Damn you Trevor for achieving perfection from the start and making it look so easy).

I think that GG bust is an AMAZING Carrie Fisher likeness. You just have to see through the thick paint and slight production warping... I can tell the original sculpt was probably dead-to-rights. And speaking as someone who sculpted Fisher's mug 3+ times for SSC, I can attest that's no easy feat.

Back