Using the Armor body for Grand Moff Tarkin. Thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Sideshow use the Armor body for thin characters like Tarkin?

• Yes! I think that'd add to the realism!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No! I think it'd look weird! Give me the Buck!

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Customikey

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was watching ANH last night, and it occurred to me how uncommonly thin Tarkin is. Moreso than even the Buck body would quite bring off.
Then it occurred to me that the new body Sideshow is creating for armored characters is decidedly thin (to take some bulk off of the armor), and would be perfect for dear Wilhuff. What do you think?

The armor body might also be good for other super-thin characters, such as the Muun and Kaminoan races, ROTJ Palpatine (the buck won't accomodate hi stooped posture) and maybe even Greedo (who was actually played by a woman, though I wouldn't want THAT body under there!)

thats a damn good idea, and something sideshow might now think of, hopefully they will see this thread, although was the armoured body not cast in black? i guess thats easily changed though,

Good call Mikey... whats nice is with the Modular short, Prometheus and armor body Sideshow can really do a lot to approximate the scale between characters.

You are certainly on to something there Mike, the body is perfect for those unnaturally thin characters like Tarkin. I hope they go with that idea too, Tarkin would look odd if he were bulky in the body. :lol

The only point of conern is how the wrists might look. The forearms are made to have armor around them, and not having a finished body without armor on and hands attached to see, it could look a bit awkward. Other than that it seems like a good idea.

Could look a little more odd than I'd like so I'd be more happy I think with the buck.

Could look a little more odd than I'd like so I'd be more happy I think with the buck.

I agree with Josh. The Buck is fine for Tarkin. The problem is that the Buck is not fine for just about everyone else....!

I agree with Josh. The Buck is fine for Tarkin. The problem is that the Buck is not fine for just about everyone else....!

Tarkin isn't a character that would need state-of-the-art articulation though. The Buck may work for him...provided Sideshow puts him at a lower price point that is...

I don't think it's really necessary. A Buck would be thin enough and he's not really an action type of character.

Not for Tarkin but I think Mikey is on to something for all those really skinny aliens. I especially want a Muun for Darth Plaguis at some point.

I don't think Tarkin necessarily needs a lot of articulation, but he's a dessicated monkey skeleton, and even the thinness of the armor body wrists look bang on to give us the shriveled old man look. And he also has such slight shoulders! Too slight for the buck, I think.
I can understand what some of you are saying about using the buck to lower costs, but I think you are living in the past. Look at Prajii!

Praji is essentially the same outfit as Tarkin. Does he really look too bulky for a Tarkin?
I really think he does. The buck looks too healthy. Tarkin is more skeletal. I agree that the outfits are basically the same design, but I think there were some things about Prajii's uniform that could have been done tighter, crisper.
I don't want him to be bulky at all.

I really think he does. The buck looks too healthy. Tarkin is more skeletal. I agree that the outfits are basically the same design, but I think there were some things about Prajii's uniform that could have been done tighter, crisper.
I don't want him to be bulky at all.

Exactly. Tarkin looks like a dying old man, physique wise. The buck would make him look a bit too robust... as the stand in did in that ROTS scene. Tarkin should look like a human skeleton, like Monty Burns. :lol

Back