My Han Solo review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It wasn’t the original plan, but it looks like this is going to be an all sixth scale week, and will cover three different companies no less. Sunday was the Hot Toys Cannibal Jack and Davy of course, and tonight I’m following up with the latest Sideshow Star Wars release – Tatooine Smuggler Han Solo! Right out of the box I was pretty ho-hum on this guy, but the more I posed and shot him, the more I liked him. He’s not a perfect Ford/Solo likeness, but he’s an improvement on what we’ve had up to this point, and the major issue here is that you’re paying $65 and still getting the old Buck body.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Coming Thursday night will be the Medicom VCD Wicket, which was sold to us under the theory that like the Yoda, he’d fit in with our sixth scale figures. We’ll see on Thursday night…

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Fair review Mike. I don't agree with basing this figures ratings on the HT Jack.

I did have to carefully work with it to stretch it out enough to allow either blaster to fit deep enough inside. That's a common problem for those of us with big blasters.

LOL!

Great review Mike.
I'm looking forward more and more to this figure, your pics made Solo look great!

No Connor...sad...:monkey2

And 3 1/2 for the sculpt? What!? Are you kidding me??? It's great! Wait'll you see! I will repaint mine! No way I keep this as is! You'll see! Our boy Trev has done a masterwork here! No way bro! GREAT Han! Super! Wish he was smirking, but HEY! It's great otherwise. :rock

Yeah, the sculpt is MUCH better than a 1/2 star better than the paint apps. To me, the sculpt is a **** and the paint apps are ** 1/2 at best.

And I think this IS the best Harrison Ford sculpt we've seen on an officially released 1/6 figure. At least until the SSC ROTLA Indy.

Your pics are getting much better Michael! Not that they weren't good before, but they are much better lately. :angelsmil

If it wasn't for the damn paint i'd own this figure. (the buck don't help either) So overpriced Medicom Han it is for me, but i like the look of it so.

I sure hope ANH Luke comes out a bit better in the paint dept.

That Ewok looks like it's about the right size to me. :confused: The average Ewok size is .66 meters, or 2.17 feet. And Han is 6 feet tall.

I feel its a better overall figure, but I can see your points. And I had a similar reaction, right out the box he just didn't sit right, but he's really grown on me in the past few days.

I think the sculpt is bang on, but that dead looks once again hurts what could have been awesome. Can't wait to see your repaint Les :rock

And this is a great looking shot of Han:
review_anhhansolo_6.jpg

It really doesn't matter what some book says the height of the average Ewok is. Warwick Davis is 3' 6" tall - Wicket wasn't shorter than that on screen. The Medicom Ewok is ridiculously undersized. And to think he costs almost as much as Han...

It really doesn't matter what some book says the height of the average Ewok is. Warwick Davis is 3' 6" tall - Wicket wasn't shorter than that on screen. The Medicom Ewok is ridiculously undersized. And to think he costs almost as much as Han...

I get the fealing the next review isn't going to be as kind as this one.

Davis was a child during the filming of ROTJ.

He was 2' 11" tall when Return of the Jedi was filmed.

OWNED!

Back