Bagels' 360 = red rings of death

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagelsncheesey

Super Freak
Reaction score
That's right folks. I popped in Battlefield Bad Company this morning to play a bit before work. Played for about 15 minutes, and my Xbox made a weird sound, screen turned dark, then got the red rings of death.

Bad thing is, i've had the system since launch, so the warranty is no good. Good thing is, i've had the system since launch with no problems, so buying a new xbox will be good for me, and something I have no problem doing.

So tonight, I'll be buying a new 360 :rock

just so you know, even out of warranty, it costs $100 to get your old one fixed.

not sure if it's worth it for you, in order to have a second system or to resell.

i just got a single red light on my HDMI 360 because of a lightning strike, but it's still in warranty (fortunately).

but sorry to hear that!

just so you know, even out of warranty, it costs $100 to get your old one fixed.

not sure if it's worth it for you, in order to have a second system or to resell.

i just got a single red light on my HDMI 360 because of a lightning strike, but it's still in warranty (fortunately).

but sorry to hear that!

Yep, i'm aware. I'm still going to buy a new one, but will get this one replaced so I can give it to my brother in law. I just don't want to wait for it, plus it's time for a new one for me.

Thanks buddy :rock

They extended the warranty to 3 years. That would still cover all launch systems up through November of this year. Give CS a call and you should still be covered.

Sorry to hear about this bro. You should get it back just in time for your trip to SD :rolleyes:

Yep, i'm aware. I'm still going to buy a new one, but will get this one replaced so I can give it to my brother in law. I just don't want to wait for it, plus it's time for a new one for me.

Thanks buddy :rock

no problem.
yeah, that's exactly what i did too when my first one died (3 weeks after Halo 3 came out). i couldn't wait 3 weeks.

now, that's Mrs. Mac's 360.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

yeah call their CS and keep moving up the chain till they do it for free....they will. yeah and don't forget to take your hard drive off the unit.

rrod.jpg

I'm afraid to buy an Xbox because of this. I'm guessing there's no way to prevent this from happening?

so who's 360 is next to die?

In all fairness Nash, i've had it since launch. I got a good running out of it.

Damn dude... sorry to hear this bro. I know how much it sucks and the disbelief when those taunting red lights shine out at you.... :banghead

Yeah, it sucked. I tried unplugging all the AV inputs and stuff, you know, the troubleshooting deal. But, it's dead.

I'm afraid to buy an Xbox because of this. I'm guessing there's no way to prevent this from happening?

Like others said, don't let this deter you. I've had mine since launch, and have not had any problems with it. And the new ones are even better. Please buy the best system available. You'll be happy you did.

Damn, that sucks bro! :(

At least you got your money's worth. :)

Thanks bro. I definitely got a good one. Lasted a long time, with plenty of gaming. :rock

Whats funny is I actually survived the Red Rings of Death. I got it once a few weeks ago and has worked with no problem since. and it wasn't the AV one it was the 3 rings. Thats sucks Bagels when I got it was thinking I was getting a new one then give the fixed one to a friend or keep it for my room but so far I have lucked out.

Whats funny is I actually survived the Red Rings of Death. I got it once a few weeks ago and has worked with no problem since. and it wasn't the AV one it was the 3 rings. Thats sucks Bagels when I got it was thinking I was getting a new one then give the fixed one to a friend or keep it for my room but so far I have lucked out.

Yeah, I tried everything I could this morning, but the thing is literally dead. I'm ok with it though. Wouldn't mind a new xbox. I'll be buying one in about an hour. :lol

Back