The Prisoner remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to sound overly-pessimistic, but it doesn't sound like they will. Frankly, I don't see the point of even calling it The Prisoner, given that they aren't going to tell the same story, but instead just reuse a few of the themes. If you want to tell a story, then tell it, and let it stand or fall on its own merit. This feels a bit like coattail riding to me.

Plus, I have a hard time picturing Caviezel as McGoohan / Number Six. But then, my mind doesn't seem to want to picture anyone as Number Six but McGoohan. Do you think maybe they have gotten to me? ;)

I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!

I've always wondered when someone would bring back The Prisoner. I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

Plus, I have a hard time picturing Caviezel as McGoohan / Number Six. But then, my mind doesn't seem to want to picture anyone as Number Six but McGoohan. Do you think maybe they have gotten to me? ;)

I have to agree with you there. Talk about someone who was born to play a part! I'm sure Caviezel will do a fine job, but no one will ever be able to replace McGoohan.

Interesting. Christopher Nolan was supposedly making this into a movie for his next project. I guess they decided to make it a mini series instead.

I hope this is good, although I can't imagine in today's climate it will approach the scathing anarchic criticism of the original. I wonder if it will ditch the more surreal aspects in favor of oh-so-boring "gritty realism."

"The Prisoner" returns

Apologies if this was posted, I didn't find it in a quick search.
Nov. 2009 AMC will be bringing back Number 6 in The Prisoner.
Jim Caviezel will be #6 and Ian McKellan will be #2.
prisonerA_ver3.jpg

Re: "The Prisoner" returns

Series Produced by
Trevor Hopkins .... producer (unknown episodes, 2009)
Rebecca Keane .... executive producer (unknown episodes, 2009)
Lance Samuels .... line producer (unknown episodes, 2009)
Bill Shephard .... co-producer (unknown episodes, 2009)
Christina Wayne .... executive producer (unknown episodes, 2009)
Michele Buck .... executive producer (unknown episodes)
Damien Timmer .... executive producer (unknown episodes)

Re: "The Prisoner" returns

I've been waiting for this for awhile. Here's the thread I started that almost no one paid attention to. :lol

The Nolan remake is way on the back burner for now.

I saw the panel at SDCC. Jim Cavesiel was there and a lot of the other cast and producers. I was excited about it until the panel. They set the entire thing in a desert and they showed extended clips which bored me to tears. I'll watch it, but I suspect I'll like it about as much as I like Mad Men. (Which is "not at all.")

It was a bit boring and I never really cared why he was there or what was going to happen to him. I thought Number 2's story line about his wife and son was interesting. But the best thing about it was the actress who played Lucy.

I'm still hoping Nolan does his version.

It was a bit boring and I never really cared why he was there or what was going to happen to him. I thought Number 2's story line about his wife and son was interesting. But the best thing about it was the actress who played Lucy.

I'm still hoping Nolan does his version.

Agreed. There were some interesting and clever twists compared to the original series, but the whole thing left me feeling empty and unsatisfied. Particularly the reveal of the true nature of the Village - talk about a downer of an ending! :monkey2

Back