PDA

View Full Version : Polystone Collectibles

LewisD
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Check out this cool auction site with Sideshow and Bowen collectibles...

Polystone Collectibles (http://polystonecollectibles.com)

vader70450
07-13-2008, 09:19 AM
who runs that site?...looks shady

Amanaman
07-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Looks shady to me. Even if it were legit, I'd rather err on the side of caution. Too many scammers running around these days.

nash
07-14-2008, 01:12 AM
why is it shady? It's just a site that is listing ebay auctions. you are not buying from that site you are buying them off ebay.

vader70450
07-14-2008, 03:38 AM
next time I will click one of the listings prior to posting...lol...

Socko
07-26-2008, 04:49 AM
34 dollars for an old Obi-Wan statue on ebay, that's not a lot of money

I'm still searching for an Obi-Wan to pose with my Darth Vader.

ENDO-HUNTER
01-14-2009, 11:48 PM
why is it shady? It's just a site that is listing ebay auctions. you are not buying from that site you are buying them off ebay.

I would rather just go directly to Ebay and search for what I am looking for than have some site direct me there. You never know these days with all the scams if since you were directed to Ebay via their link maybe the site that directed you there can some how watch your log in and steal your password and then hijack your Ebay account. I know it may sound paranoid but better safe than sorry. :D

Mesa
01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I agree with some here. Something about this just doesn't sit well with me. The prices shown are where the auctions are currently at, not necessarily BIN, so it's a little misleading. And why do I need some site to point me to what I may be interested in, I'd rather go straight to Ebay to see all my options than whatever items this site decides to show.

I'm wondering if this site gets a percentage of the sales from linking the items?

dr_teng
01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm wondering if this site gets a percentage of the sales from linking the items?

Yep, that's how sites like that work. You just have to decide if whatever service they offer is worth giving them a percentage (when you click through then buy the item, they get some of the final fee that the seller pays).

Personally, I don't see this site offering much, it seems rather limited.

Chapter 2099
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I would rather just go directly to Ebay and search for what I am looking for than have some site direct me there. You never know these days with all the scams if since you were directed to Ebay via their link maybe the site that directed you there can some how watch your log in and steal your password and then hijack your Ebay account. I know it may sound paranoid but better safe than sorry. :D

I agree with AR here. What's the point of this website, other than putting your Ebay account into jeopardy? :confused:

Wouldn't it be much simpler to conduct an Ebay item search...........on Ebay?

ENDO-HUNTER
01-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree with AR here. What's the point of this website, other than putting your Ebay account into jeopardy? :confused:

Wouldn't it be much simpler to conduct an Ebay item search...........on Ebay?

:lecture I agree