PDA

View Full Version : 300 sequel in the works

DinoLast
06-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I have just got info from Spill.com that legendary pictures have approved a sequel with Frank Miller writing and zack snyder said to direct again . I would post a link but I am doing this on a PS3. Do you think this is a good idea?

King Darkness
06-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Didn't they all die at the end:dunno

Rogue Trooper
06-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Guess they'll call it 0.

King Darkness
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Guess they'll call it 0.

:lol :lol :lol

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
king, you shut your mouth! i freaken loved that flix.............:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

plasmid303
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
It won't be called "300". Probably "Tens of Thousands" or something, judging from the final scene in the first movie.

I think it should be good as long as I don't get the deja vu feeling from watching the inevitable trailers or reading the synopses.

King Darkness
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
king, you shut your mouth! i freaken loved that flix.............:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

So did I, but wtf is a sequel gonna add?

This is the dumbest idea since Highlander 2.

Oh, and shut your ^^^^in' mouth!

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:04 PM
:D:D:D..........

The Mike
06-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Counting Down to 300 Sequel

Today 7:03 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg

For Greece! For glory! For ripped guys in skimpy armor!

Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. are looking for a plot to hang a follow-up to 300 on, as they try to repeat the surprise blockbuster success of the 2006 flick adapted from Frank Miller's graphic novel.

Fanboys will be heartened to know that, according to Variety, original director Zack Snyder is being wooed for the next installment, which will be based on a new graphic novel from the acclaimed comic-book writer.

The problem is exactly who will be going to war this time around, considering nearly all of 300's main characters were killed off at the end of the first film, including Gerard Butler and his heroic pecs. Butler's testosterone-fueled King Leonidas led Sparta's small yet fierce army in a doomed but inspiring standoff against the Persians in the Battle of Thermopylae.

Miller must work out whether the new saga will be a prequel, a sequel or a possible spinoff headlining those who survived the brutal fighting, and whether there will be a number referenced in the title (150? 600? 3,000?).

The 300 follow-up isn't the only swords-and-sandals epic in the works. Legendary is also hatching a remake to 1981's Clash of the Titans under the direction of The Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier. Relativity Media, meanwhile, is developing a project entitled War of Gods. No word when those will unspool.

Snyder's next film, Watchmen, an action sci-fi fantasy following a vigilante who investigates the murder of an ex-superhero, hits theaters next March. And Miller is set to make his directing debut with an adaptation of his graphic novel The Spirit, due out this Christmas.

occulum
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
biggest thing about ANY movie making a decent amount of money is that its instantly moved to the sequel list. Even if a sequel makes no freaking sense.....

BadMoon
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Didn't they all die at the end:dunno

Yes King they all died "exited their vehicles" like Heavens Gate. The sequel is going to show their ungoing struggle to stay on the comet hale bopp while trying to fight off the alien horde. Therefore creating a battle with 300 Spartans. Hence the sequel. :lecture:lol

DinoLast
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
The Info comes from Variety. legendary pictures have said it could be a prequel or a spin off.

Darth Caedus
06-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Yes King they all died "exited their vehicles" like Heavens Gate. The sequel is going to show their ungoing struggle to stay on the comet hale bopp while trying to fight off the alien horde. Therefore creating a battle with 300 Spartans. Hence the sequel. :lecture:lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I heard that they were going to team up with Danny Ocean in a plot to steal all the gold of persia. It is going to be called Ocean's 300

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:16 PM

or them going to battle with a hive of aliens.............:D

King Darkness
06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I just hope the Wayans brothers are in it.

Wayans brothers=box office gold!

Bannister
06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I just hope the Wayans brothers are in it.

Wayans brothers=box office gold!

Only if they play white Spartan chicks.

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:19 PM

don't forget in the hood.........

King Darkness
06-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Or G I Spartans:rock

http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/marlon-wyans.jpg

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:22 PM

will they be drinking their juice?:confused:

Bannister
06-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Don't be a menace to South Sparta while doing some white chicks in the hood.

Darth Caedus
06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I Low Down Dirty Spartan
or
I'm Gunna Git You Spartan

King Darkness
06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
don't be a menace to south sparta while doing some white chicks in the hood.

yooooooooo spaaaartaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

BadMoon
06-30-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna get chew sparta!

galactiboy
06-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Man, this can only end well. Kinda hard to believe Miller would be part of this.

Kinda like when First Blood was a success, they got Morell to write a sequel even though in his original book;

Rambo was killed in the end by Troutman :lol

Gotta make money off the sequel, its the American way :flag

Bannister
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Sad part is, we could probably come up with a better spoof of 300 than Meet the Spartans in just a few posts.:lol:lol:lol

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
yo' sparta wat's crackin' up in diz mada' faka'!

Darth Waller
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
While I loved Sin City and 300, it's time for Miller to get back to writing and drawing comics. He's one of my favorite artists and one of the few who's still working from back in the day (read: 80s).

BadMoon
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
300 Dead Spartan Presidents. They all went off to fight and came home broke and addicted to drugs. They have now devised a plan to rob the bank of America.

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
300 baby mama's.............

BadMoon
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
300 baby mama's.............

That is an episode Maury not a movie plot. :banana They have one woman and need to find out which one is the father. :monkey4

Malice
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
That is an episode Maury not a movie plot. :banana They have one woman and need to find out which one is the father. :monkey4

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

EVILFACE
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Last I heard it was to star Chuck Norris and be called ONE.

screamingmetal
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I think it's just a cash in. I could understand if Miller wrote a follow up; bit since he didn't, I think it's more about the money then the love of the Greek stores for Miller.

I think it'll be about the navel battle of Salamis, which was quite a remarkable victory for the Greeks. It's even a more important battle then the battle of Thermopylae.

Agent23
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
300 was a bad ass movie. And, I like it alot.

A sequel, however....make no sense to me.

Wait a minute....

Milk that cash cow baby! :banana

barryo
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
house of 300 corpses. :banana

Lembas Eater
07-01-2008, 07:55 AM
I think it'll be about the navel battle of Salamis, which was quite a remarkable victory for the Greeks. It's even a more important battle then the battle of Thermopylae.

I believe you're on to something here! Its been referred to by Miller when saying he's figured out how to do a sequel. I'm not sure of the timeline but apparently there was also a naval battle going on at the same time, perhaps ships that were trying to stop Xerxes' armies from reaching Greece.

So that fits with having another doomed mission. It may or may not actually be happening at the SAME time as the first story or starting a bit before and lasting until then, etc.

I know at first the news seems like a joke. Imagine someone saying they were doing a TITANIC sequel. And everyone laughs, but what if it were the story of the Carpathian that begins just when they get the SOS call? Same sort of thing.

screamingmetal
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I believe you're on to something here! Its been referred to by Miller when saying he's figured out how to do a sequel. I'm not sure of the timeline but apparently there was also a naval battle going on at the same time, perhaps ships that were trying to stop Xerxes' armies from reaching Greece.

So that fits with having another doomed mission. It may or may not actually be happening at the SAME time as the first story or starting a bit before and lasting until then, etc.

I know at first the news seems like a joke. Imagine someone saying they were doing a TITANIC sequel. And everyone laughs, but what if it were the story of the Carpathian that begins just when they get the SOS call? Same sort of thing.

I'll post a condensed synopses.
The Battle of Salamis took place shortly after Thermopylae, There were ships that held off the Persian navy from encircling the 300, but that was shown as a storm that damaged Xerxes's fleet in the film, (Bad weather did play a part).

After Thermopylae, Persia ransacked and burned Greek cities including Athens which was deserted. The outnumbered Greeks (366 ships to Persia's 720-800 ships) had set their entire fleet off the island of Salamis and lured the Persian ships into a narrow gulf by an advance and then a retreat. There, the Greeks waited for early morning winds to create high waves that broke the Persian ship formations and caused disruption amongst the Persian fleet. The Greeks then took advantage of the chaos and attacked. The Persians were decimated (200 of their ships sank compared to only 40 Greek ships) and many of the Persians drowned because they did not know how to swim. The Persian alliance of ships also broke apart from infighting (Xerxes beheaded his Phoenician allies for cowardice). Persia could not continue with the war without a navy to supply the armies, so Xerxes retreated back to Persia and after a few more skirmishes, the Greek/Persian wars ended with the Greeks victorious.

It would make a pretty good movie and a nice way to end the story, but I think Frank should've wrote and drew the book long ago before deciding to do the movie sequel if he really cared that much for it.

piccolodaimaoh
07-01-2008, 12:33 PM
The Battle of Salamis took place shortly after Thermopylae, There were ships that held off the Persian navy from encircling the 300, but that was shown as a storm that damaged Xerxes's fleet in the film, (Bad weather did play a part).

After Thermopylae, Persia ransacked and burned Greek cities including Athens which was deserted. The outnumbered Greeks (366 ships to Persia's 720-800 ships) had set their entire fleet off the island of Salamis and lured the Persian ships into a narrow gulf by an advance and then a retreat. There, the Greeks waited for early morning winds to create high waves that broke the Persian ship formations and caused disruption amongst the Persian fleet. The Greeks then took advantage of the chaos and attacked. The Persians were decimated (200 of their ships sank compared to only 40 Greek ships) and many of the Persians drowned because they did not know how to swim. The Persian alliance of ships also broke apart from infighting (Xerxes beheaded his Phoenician allies for cowardice). Persia could not continue with the war without a navy to supply the armies, so Xerxes retreated back to Persia and after a few more skirmishes, the Greek/Persian wars ended with the Greeks victorious.

It would make a pretty good movie and a nice way to end the story, but I think Frank should've wrote and drew the book long ago before deciding to do the movie sequel if he really cared that much for it.

Thank you, Screamingmetal, that is just what I was thinking. The sequel could probably be the rest of the war that 300 started. I am looking forward to this, and with Clash of the Titans, God of War and Masters of the Universe getting the movie treatment in the next 2 or so years it will be a great time for fans of Sword and Sandal, as well as fans of Ray Harryhausen's classic Greek Mythology films.

Happy Birthday, Ray!!

Darth Caedus
07-01-2008, 06:02 PM

Ask and ye shall receive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4OnHCRd_4

bumblebee
07-01-2008, 06:30 PM

Thought both battles were at the same time. Cause the greeks had the navy(commanded by the Athenians) positioned to block the Persians navy from flanking the 300(plus 7000) defending the pass(hot gates)...least thats what they taught us in history class.

Blackhole
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe it'll be naked women fighting eachother...:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

screamingmetal
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Thought both battles were at the same time. Cause the greeks had the navy(commanded by the Athenians) positioned to block the Persians navy from flanking the 300(plus 7000) defending the pass(hot gates)...least thats what they taught us in history class.
The Persians ransacked and burned cities that didn't surrender after Thermopylae but before Salamis, including Athens, which was beyond the hot gates, so it couldn't have happened at the same time.
The Naval Battle of Artemisium happened at the same time as Thermopylae and held off the Persian Fleet until the Greeks retreated when the found out the outcome of the land battle. Then that storm that was depicted in the movie destroyed a large portion of the Persian fleet before the Battle of Salamis.

uscmhicks
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Maybe it'll be naked women fighting eachother...:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

600........ boobs. :D:monkey5:monkey5:rock
:rotfl:lol

GrueSam
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
At the end of 300, isn't David Wenham setting us up for the sequel?
That's exactly what I though when I saw it, oh, like 5 times! :rock

From Wikipedia:

Dilios concludes his tale before an audience of attentive Spartans, all assembled on a new battlefield. Declaring that though the Persian army numbers 120,000, they are demoralized after losing thousands to a mere 300 Spartans just a year earlier - and they now face 10,000 Spartans commanding 30,000 Greeks. Praising Leonidas' sacrifice, Dilios leads the assembled Greek army into a fierce charge against the Persian army, igniting the Battle of Plataea.

carbo-fation
07-03-2008, 03:20 AM
No Leonidis =/= No 300!!

Blackhole
07-03-2008, 02:59 PM
No Leonidis =/= No 300!!

That's a double negative...

Unless...you meant to...

:google:google:google

darth dypshyt
07-03-2008, 03:07 PM
biggest thing about ANY movie making a decent amount of money is that its instantly moved to the sequel list. Even if a sequel makes no freaking sense.....

Exactly....until they stop making money.

screamingmetal
07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
At the end of 300, isn't David Wenham setting us up for the sequel?
That's exactly what I though when I saw it, oh, like 5 times! :rock

From Wikipedia:

The battle of Plataea could certainly be the sequel, but I think the Battle of Salamis is more noteworthy.
Besides, Themistocles is more interesting then Pausanias.

Kratos
07-04-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't think 300 needs a sequel its good enough as it is
If it does have a sequel it won't follow the Braveheart and Gladiator pattern being the main hero dies at the end :monkey2

carbo-fation
07-04-2008, 08:08 PM
That's a double negative...

Unless...you meant to...

:google:google:google

:horror

My mistake!:peace:duh

Cuddly Vampire
07-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Salamis was not much of a Spartan effort though - and lots of fully dressed Athenian sailors in skirts won't attract women to the movie.

I think the Battle of Plataea was a far better demonstration than Thermopylae was as to just how great the Spartan army was - again heavily outnumbered, caught on low open ground and out of formation, the Spartans still managed to cut through the Persian hordes like a knife through hot butter! It would also have more suspense, as you wouldn't know which of the Spartan characters will live or die.

I would also like to see more of Spartan society - like everyone gathering in the town square on a Saturday night to watch naked girls wrestle.

Bardoon
07-05-2008, 10:56 AM
One Greek story (myth actually) that I feel hasn't got its just-desserts just yet is THE ODYSSEY!

How about do Frank Miller's The Odyssey or something? I'm sure he could have some real unique ideas and takes on that story.

Wanderer
07-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I hope Zack Cider gets attached to that potential He-Man film...that would make an excellent 300 style film.
BY THE POWER OF GAYSKULL

enaud
07-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Guess they'll call it 0.Actually,the one guy (Faramir)was sent back....making it.....1 :D

All jokes aside,I too really enjoyed the movie.I am curious about the basis of the sequel.The fact that the creator is involved,is a plus.

comicbookguy
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Damn now this is even better news than any movie so far. I loved the first one. Can't wait!

noisetrigger
08-29-2012, 03:01 AM
WTF? Did you just resurrect a four year old thread? Got news for you pal. The sequel ain't happening.

averone
08-29-2012, 03:08 AM
WTF? Did you just resurrect a four year old thread? Got news for you pal. The sequel ain't happening.

Are you sure about that?
I am hearing otherwise

crows
08-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Are you sure about that?
I am hearing otherwise

source?:panic:

IrishJedi
08-29-2012, 05:08 AM
The prequel IS happening. They've been filming in Bulgaria all Summer.

Sweet Rabbit
08-29-2012, 05:34 AM
I heard it was a prequel

The Josh
08-29-2012, 05:52 AM
A prequel? What battle are they going to deal with and whose back for this?

shocktrooper_au
08-29-2012, 06:02 AM
A prequel/sequel can't see it happening since the original movie took the historical events from at least tens yrs earlier and put them into the one story. sequel? dunno without the original people (being all dead) whats the point to continuing the story. However other parts of history told the same or similar way, I could deal with that

crows
08-29-2012, 06:04 AM
The Battle of Artemisium.

crows
08-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Eva Green has entered negotiations to play Artemisia in the movie, which is currently working with the title 300: Battle of Artemisia.

Green would play a ruthless, gold-covered goddess who persuades Xerxes to amass his army and helps lead them into battle.

Prequel 300: The Battle of Artemisia will also see a summer release on August 2, 2013.

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 06:06 AM
It's about Xerxes people.

shocktrooper_au
08-29-2012, 06:08 AM
It's about Xerxes people.

I don't like that idea.........................but I'll probably like it

crows
08-29-2012, 06:13 AM
http://youtu.be/bjy1CRnU0GI

crows
08-29-2012, 06:15 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Battle_of_Thermopylae_and_movements_to_Salamis%2C_ 480_BC.gif

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 06:19 AM
It's not like any of that is going to matter in the film.

It's going to be what ever made up **** Frank Miller wants to do.

shocktrooper_au
08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Yep if its a sea battle the Persians will have sea monsters :)

crows
08-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Yep if its a sea battle the Persians will have sea monsters :)

you know how amazing that sounds??? :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

who is directing this?
I loved 300, easily in my top 10, this might be really amazing

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Some dude.

crows
08-29-2012, 06:38 AM
The project is being directed by Noam Murro (2008's Smart People) and the script was written by Kurt Johnstad and Zack Snyder, who co-wrote the first 300 with Michael Gordon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/

One of the great iconic performances of recent times,
Gerard Butler will not reprise his role as King Leonidas in the 300 follow-up.

He said, "I'm not doing it. I wish them the best, but it didn't work out. It wasn't really my thing."

I think the primary reason he turned it down is that the role was probably a cameo or a very short role. Butler had said in the past that he would be prepared to put himself through the absolute brutal training regime required for the role only if the role was substantial enough. Makes sense to ditch it if you have to go through all that hard work for a 5 minute role or something.

RIDDICK
08-29-2012, 07:52 AM
"I'm not doing it. I wish them the best, but it didn't work out. It wasn't really my thing."

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl no wait, that's not funny :(

Viking Spawn
08-29-2012, 12:23 PM
you know how amazing that sounds??? :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

who is directing this?
I loved 300, easily in my top 10, this might be really amazing

Agreed! :exactly::goodpost:

The project is being directed by Noam Murro (2008's Smart People) and the script was written by Kurt Johnstad and Zack Snyder, who co-wrote the first 300 with Michael Gordon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/

One of the great iconic performances of recent times,
Gerard Butler will not reprise his role as King Leonidas in the 300 follow-up.

He said, "I'm not doing it. I wish them the best, but it didn't work out. It wasn't really my thing."

I think the primary reason he turned it down is that the role was probably a cameo or a very short role. Butler had said in the past that he would be prepared to put himself through the absolute brutal training regime required for the role only if the role was substantial enough. Makes sense to ditch it if you have to go through all that hard work for a 5 minute role or something.

Too bad about Butler... But then again, his portrayal of Leonidas was so legendary that his performance is probably near impossible to be topped! Even by him! :wink1:

sithjedi171
08-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Didn't Leonidas die at the end of 300 ? Or did I miss somthing !

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 05:40 PM
He did die. But he's all better now.

crows
08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Didn't Leonidas die at the end of 300 ? Or did I miss somthing !

Prequel :wave

ExMem-LarjaThwei
08-29-2012, 05:57 PM
He did die. But he's all better now.The 300.....zombie version?

Deeznutz6
08-29-2012, 06:13 PM
He did die. But he's all better now.

He found a tube sock full of magic dust and it brought Optim.. I mean Leonidas back to life... :)

Viking Spawn
08-29-2012, 07:52 PM
He found a tube sock full of magic dust and it brought Optim.. I mean Leonidas back to life... :)

:slap :lol

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 08:16 PM

I thought you said a magic sock filled with opium.

:lol

EXOTICLEX
08-29-2012, 08:27 PM
No Butler is dumb. Why would you not make his role big? He was the one completely Bad A thing from the first one. Dumb move on ZSnyder and the writers. Ugh. I'll wait for blu ray on this. No A+ actors I can def see this bombing in theaters.

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Why would Leonidas be in a film about Xerxes? Butler was never going to be in this.

Now, it'll probably suck, but not because of the lack of Leonidas. But just a meh idea that didn't need to happen.

A prequel/sequel isn't needed. The story is over.

devilof76
08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it's a waste.

If they were going to do another battle, it should have been Marathon, when the Athenians owned Xerxes father. Or they could even go back to the beginning (per Herodotus) when the two Milesians went to Darius and asked him to not use his troops on Ionia, in exchange for them making sure the Ionians submitted to his rule. Once they had his word, they went back and got the Ionians to revolt. :lol

But treating it like it had anything to do with 300 would be lame. Miller only did Thermopylae. The Spartans were good for one thing, and that was it.

CelticPredator
08-29-2012, 09:22 PM
He is or did write a Xerxes book. To either be based off of, or coincide with the film.

So it wasn't a random thing. But at the same time, a waste.

devilof76
08-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I didn't know that. Last thing I knew he did was **** ******.

I'd rather see a movie about Darius getting made an ass of by the Greeks, going to Marathon to show them who's boss, and then getting made an ass of, again.

I don't give a damn about any Persian fop with a God complex, unless he's getting made an ass of by Greeks.

Viking Spawn
08-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Why would Leonidas be in a film about Xerxes? Butler was never going to be in this.

Now, it'll probably suck, but not because of the lack of Leonidas. But just a meh idea that didn't need to happen.

:exactly: Agreed. Some films are meant to be stand alone. 300 is one of those.

EXOTICLEX
08-29-2012, 11:34 PM

Why would they name the film 300: Battle of Artemisia when clearly there are no 300 Spartans.

CelticPredator
08-30-2012, 03:04 AM
Uh....because of marketing?

No one would see it.

The Ween
08-30-2012, 05:40 PM
No Butler is dumb. Why would you not make his role big? He was the one completely Bad A thing from the first one. Dumb move on ZSnyder and the writers. Ugh. I'll wait for blu ray on this. No A+ actors I can def see this bombing in theaters.

Butler isn't dumb. Who would want to go through all that just for a small amount of screen time? They probably weren't willing to give him a lot of money either since he didn't have a big role. Can't blame him for sitting it out.

noisetrigger
08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
This whole project has the marking of Direct to DVD.

EXOTICLEX
04-18-2013, 03:46 AM
interested to see the trailer for this one......someone can change the thread title now....although I guess it's a prequel and not a sequel....

EXOTICLEX
04-18-2013, 03:47 AM
http://www.imax.com/movies/m/300-rise-of-an-empire-an-imax-3d-experience/

EXOTICLEX
04-18-2013, 03:48 AM
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr313/somchair1/hr_300-_Rise_of_an_Empire_3_zps2946d2ff.jpg (http://s495.photobucket.com/user/somchair1/media/hr_300-_Rise_of_an_Empire_3_zps2946d2ff.jpg.html)

fosing
04-18-2013, 03:53 AM
299, its a prequel. :dunno

again with the RISE. :dunno

empire BEGINS. :dunno

comicbookguy
04-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Wow can't wait!!!!!

The Ween
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Is there going to acutally be a Leonidas in it or is this before his time?

CelticPredator
04-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Before. He's not in this. Which is just a terrible mistake on...well, everyone's part. No one is going to care about this movie.

The Ween
04-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Before. He's not in this. Which is just a terrible mistake on...well, everyone's part. No one is going to care about this movie.

So, is it about his father then?

I don't know if there will be no interest in it if the story is good. I wouldn't mind seeing it now that it won't be about a young Leonidias. Of course the trouble is, now everyone will be comparing it to Butler's 300.

CelticPredator
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
It's about Xerxes last time I checked. . It doesn't really have anything to do with the Spartans. As far I saw know.

The Ween
04-20-2013, 05:42 PM
It's about Xerxes last time I checked. . It doesn't really have anything to do with the Spartans. As far I saw know.

I'm not liking who's playing the lead too much.

This might be a meh. We'll see.

averone
04-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Awesome!!!
Great news!

DinoLast
05-10-2013, 04:46 AM
The film has now been delayed until 2014

CelticPredator
05-10-2013, 11:39 AM
It's not like anyone is really going to miss it.

shadowfla
05-10-2013, 12:34 PM
300 without leonidas is a no sense...
it will be §hit..

xjamiex
05-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Bummed that it go delayed until 2014- I just got the poster :( :lol

EXOTICLEX
05-19-2013, 01:17 AM
I just ordered the Art of the film and it's set to ship in July....I'm sure that will get pushed back now since the film won't release until March 7 2014. Sucks. But.....I hope this is the reason for the delay.....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/faq?ref_=tt_faq_1#.2.1.4
rank Miller said in the LA Times article that the hunchback traitor; Ephialtes (Andrew Tiernan) will play an important role in the story. King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and Daxos (Andrew Pleavin) will also make an appearance.

EXOTICLEX
05-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I know Butler had declined but maybe they worked it out for him to at least make an appearance as a flash back or what not....

DinoLast
06-12-2013, 04:53 PM
The new trailer makes this look pretty good, much better than I was expecting to be honest
Crikey it's almost been 5 years since I started this thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ei2rLnXsY&hd=1

Nuka Cola Kidd
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Yup, Sullivan Stapleton is a beast. Looks great.

The Josh
06-12-2013, 04:57 PM
I'll have to go see this one. :rock

Project_A
06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
The new trailer makes this look pretty good, much better than I was expecting to be honest

:rock :rock :rock

CelticPredator
06-12-2013, 05:02 PM
That looks really boring. And pointless. I don't know about that one.

At least we'll get a cameo of Gerard Butler's severed head on a stick. :lol

ExMem-LarjaThwei
06-12-2013, 05:22 PM

At least we'll get a cameo of Gerard Butler's severed head on a stick. :lolGet out of this thread right now.

TheFiend
06-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I think it looked pretty good actually.

But yeah, maybe pointless. :lol

CelticPredator
06-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I'll stay and annoy the **** out of you. :lol

You're actually looking forward to this? Well good luck to you. There's no way this is going to work. :lol

ExMem-LarjaThwei
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Why wouldn't it work? Because no Gerard Butler or some silly reason like that? And I haven't been following it much. Though every time I come in this thread there's a new post from you stating something along the lines of "LOLZ DIS GONNA SUCKZ".

Trailer was decent. It looks pretty cool.

EVILFACE
06-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Looks like the *** kicking continues.

Sweet Rabbit
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Looks like the *** kicking continues.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

EVILFACE
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Why wouldn't it work? Because no Gerard Butler or some silly reason like that? And I haven't been following it much. Though every time I come in this thread there's a new post from you stating something along the lines of "LOLZ DIS GONNA SUCKZ".

If Sam Rami was listed in the credits, Celtic would be all over it. :lol

:1-1:

And Eva Green looks hawt hawt hawt.

316what
06-12-2013, 07:09 PM

At least we'll get a cameo of Gerard Butler's severed head on a stick. :lol

Why does it look boring and pointless? Oh yeah, Michael Bay and Sam Raimi aren't involved and there are no Jar Jar Binks Transformers.

spidermonkey
06-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Looks awesome. Can't wait :rock

ExMem-LarjaThwei
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
If Sam Rami was listed in the credits, Celtic would be all over it. :lol

:1-1:

And Eva Green looks hawt hawt hawt.

Why does it look boring and pointless? Oh yeah, Michael Bay and Sam Raimi aren't involved and there are no Jar Jar Binks Transformers.Don't forget Shane Black. It's a shame he isn't directing. We could have had that famous "Shane Black" style that only CelticP can recognize. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

crows
06-12-2013, 08:24 PM

HOLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :horror

This is going to be so epic....:yess:

CelticPredator
06-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Why does it look boring and pointless? Oh yeah, Michael Bay and Sam Raimi aren't involved and there are no Jar Jar Binks Transformers.

Because **** you, that's why. :goodpost:

CelticPredator
06-12-2013, 08:57 PM

Hey Twirp, find me those posts. Please.

You Nazi ****. :lol

EXOTICLEX
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Can't wait for this. Trailer looks good.

jye4ever
06-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Eva Green does look hot.

This movie will suck.

crows
06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Eva Green does look hot.

This movie will suck.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74i2cplGs1qgecupo1_500.gif

jye4ever
06-12-2013, 09:49 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74i2cplGs1qgecupo1_500.gif

For me to confirm the suckage means I still have to watch it. :lecture

CelticPredator
06-12-2013, 11:05 PM
The reason why the first movie is worked was it was the second time an adaptation like that has ever been done. It was a new thing then.

Now? Not so much.

K07
06-13-2013, 08:41 AM
When I first heard of 300 and saw trailers, I thought it looked like utter garbage. Part of the reason is I know my Greek history and I knew the ending. This looks no different from the original's trailer and the premise is no less pointless to me.

I own 300 on Bluray, by the way. Not sure how Frank Miller or Zack Snyder did it, but they made me enjoy seeing 300 guys fighting nonstop only to all be killed in the end. I will likely see this on Bluray if not in theaters beforehand. I dunno if it will be good, but I'm not writing it off just yet.

creature4000
06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
This looks like it's trying to acomplish way too much. I'll wait for netflix.

Sweet Rabbit
06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
I want to see this

JAWS
06-13-2013, 10:17 AM

This may explain a lot to me about CP movie tastes :) ;)

JAWS
06-13-2013, 10:20 AM
The reason why the first movie is worked was it was the second time an adaptation like that has ever been done. It was a new thing then.

Now? Not so much.

Didn't hurt that it had a good story behind it. If it was just cool visuals with a bad story the we would have Sucker Punch or Immortals.

This is an Unneeded sequel or is it prequel? Does anyone know for sure?? But if it's good the I don't care if it's visual style has been done before.

Kibagami
06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm really interested. It looks pretty damned good. And it has some of the original actors.

VintijDroidGutzz
06-13-2013, 10:26 AM
I just watched the trailer - I dug it. :huh

I also haven't seen the first one in a few years, but I did like that too.

I've actually been meaning to buy it.. I will eventually. :lol

Sweet Rabbit
06-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Didn't hurt that it had a good story behind it. If it was just cool visuals with a bad story the we would have Sucker Punch or Immortals.

This is an Unneeded sequel or is it prequel? Does anyone know for sure?? But if it's good the I don't care if it's visual style has been done before.

it's a prequel

The Entity
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Looks good. I'll most likely check it out! :rock :rock

Darth Zangetsu
06-13-2013, 11:33 AM
It has Eva Green, so you already have my money!

screamingmetal
06-13-2013, 03:44 PM
This looks promising! I'm glad they're telling the story of the Battle of Artemisium and Salamis as well as portraying Themistocles.

It would be great if they make this a trilogy with the Battle of Plataea in the third film.

Niltusk
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Whats the backstory on this production? Is this Frank Miller's baby or just some hack trying to imitate him?

screamingmetal
06-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Whats the backstory on this production? Is this Frank Miller's baby or just some hack trying to imitate him?

Frank Miller wrote a Comic book that would serve as the bases for the movie, this is adapted from that unpublished book.

ironwez20
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
it's a prequel

Wait so why in the trailer we see Xerses cut Leonidas's head off? Is it like a prequel/sequal?

Sweet Rabbit
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Wait so why in the trailer we see Xerses cut Leonidas's head off? Is it like a prequel/sequal?

It may go back & forth. Who knows

wanderlai
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Looking forward to it.

screamingmetal
06-13-2013, 04:23 PM

They say that the film will show the origin of Xerxes which is a prequel but also the Battle of Artemisium which happened simultaneously as the Battle of Thermopylae.
Also it may show the Battle of Salamis which happened after those battles which will make it a sequel as well.

Darth Waller
06-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Looks good and so does Eva Green.

CelticPredator
06-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Frank Miller's comic will come out in August.

The Iron Koob
06-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Shouldn't leonidas have been full of arrows in that shot when he was laid out

CelticPredator
06-13-2013, 10:18 PM
It's the same shot from the first movie. Only they CGIed Xerxes on top of it.

MitchF1GTR
06-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm with the side that thinks this presequelprequel whatever is gonna suck, too much going on to really make sense.

crows
06-13-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't know why you guys keep saying it is pointless and stupid.

Obviously they could do so much more with the world of 300.

Eiko82
06-14-2013, 12:29 AM
It has Eva Green, so you already have my money!

Same here. I'll almost watch anything with Eva Green in it.

K07
06-14-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm with the side that thinks this presequelprequel whatever is gonna suck, too much going on to really make sense.

In a 2 minute trailer? Good. I'm glad I wasn't just given the entire plot of the movie with every surprise revealed. Whereas I went into 300 thinking I'd not enjoy it knowing the end, this one intrigues me because there's confusion where it fits on the timeline.

316what
06-14-2013, 08:27 AM

it's a prequel

Sequel with some flashback (prequel) elements.

RagingBull
06-14-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. I'm surprised some don't think this should of had a sequel. I thought 300 ended perfectly for one. Now a movie like the Hangover, now that's a movie that should never of had a sequel

Shropt
06-14-2013, 09:21 AM
From wikipedia:

It is a follow-up to the 2007 film 300, taking place before, during, and after the events of that film.

RIDDICK
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Hmmm... kinda interesting. Will try to see it on the big screen.

RagingBull
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
From wikipedia:

**** 300 came out in 2007. It only feels like yesterday I watched that. Man the way time flys I'm going to be dead before I know it :slap

EXOTICLEX
01-28-2014, 03:10 AM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/300riseofanempire/#videos-large

new trailer looks awesome. Can't wait.