So far... Pretty boring selection from everyone...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Noble Collection... None of these guys have put out anything worth buying (save for the PF). The character has so many potential great products, but we've been getting junk. What's the deal?

I dunno, just the promise of junk, so far. :lol (save for the PF) :lol and Takara's promise has potential. :whip

Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Noble Collection... None of these guys have put out anything worth buying (save for the PF). The character has so many potential great products, but we've been getting junk. What's the deal?

surely you can't mean the Premium Format? Thats awesome.
I agree about the Gentle Giant stuff though. there stuff looks nothing like Harrison ford.

He said *aside* from the PF. But I would say that the 12" figures from all of the companies (except maybe Hasbro) are also darned good. Just look at what Indy fans had to choose from before. It was pretty pathetic, actually.

Sp, to attempt to change this thread from just more idle ^^^^^ing, what are these "potential great products" that you would like to see and are not getting?

Sideshow did some great work with the Indy PF and Indy 12-inch. The Gentle Giant stuff on the other hand... thats some bad stuff. The busts are terrible and the statues are far from any Harrison Ford likeness.

I wonder what Sideshow still has up his sleeve with the Indiana Jones license...:whip

I don't think Sideshows 12inch looks like Ford at all. I balk every time I see the banner at the top of the Freaks board, flash by. Sure the bare unpainted sculpt is fantastic, too bad the paint throws the likeness off so much. I'd like to say I hope the shipped figure looks better but I doubt it will, so hopefully they do another version that looks like him when painted. Otherwise I will be satisfied with my Relic Hunter. It is a shame because I really wanted Sideshow to give this figure the credit it deserves, like they did in the halcyon days of the Uni Monsters.

:lol:lol:lol

Your retort had me lachrymose. Thank you so much, because today I have been feeling rather subfusc.

I'm really enjoying the Hasbro 3 3/4" line, especially the Last Crusade wave.

SSC's 12 inch is going to be great. I'm hoping the paint is better in production than the proto (like Frodo and Sam).

Medicom's 12 inch line is all over the map but the River Phoenix looks incredible!

Yeah, the INDY line is the line of the year for me IMO. Im kinda glad TLC is hard to find, I missed "the hunt"....

I'm enjoying the toy line, specifically the action figures, and I'm patiently waiting for the Mighty Muggs to ship. But when it comes to the higher-end products, yeah, it's slim pickings for me. So far the only thing I have on pre-order is the PF. There's nothing wrong with the 12" products, I just don't collect that format. Same with Koto. And GG, well, their offerings so far have been pretty dismal, IMO.

I'll probably just stick with PF and not really get into anything else.

I'm just happy to have Indy product at this point... and in all honesty you have to start with the standard figures before moving into the more interesting versions or characters.

But I really love the SS 1/6 figure, and although the sculpt can look odd in some pictures, I think in hand he'll be stellar. My only worry is that him being on a brand new body could mean some QC issues as they get the new body up to speed.

For the most part, I agree. I'm getting a bit put off by the fact that we still have one officially announced 12" figure from Sideshow. I know more are coming, but it's pretty telling when a new movie has come and gone and nothing new has been announced and nothing at all has shipped. I think it's now fair to assume that the line won't produce that many figures... definitely closer to the pace of LOTR than SW. And that's a damn shame.

Most of the Gentle Giant offerings are horrid, with the exception of the Desk Accessories.

Medicom has announced 5 figures. 1 looks amazing, 1 looks pretty good, 1 is "meh", and 2 are terrible. All are overpriced.

Who knows what the hell Tomy/Takara is really up to.

Shockingly, I agree with those who have said that, so far, it's HASBRO that has taken full advantage of this license. The others are all lacking in some way. Despite an amazing PF and solid 12" prototype, that includes Sideshow. I'm disappointed that they didn't jump into this as hardcore as I expected them to.

I'm fine with the Sideshow 1/6 as well. It's definitely better than both Medicom Indys. I'm just hoping for decent production paint apps.

Back