PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

DarkArtist81
06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Just got back from seeing Wanted, and oh my God.... what a insane BADASS movie. If anyone has read the comic series, it's pretty close to it.... a few changes are made here and there but the gist is pretty much the same. And the last big scene is probably the most kickass scene I have ever seen since The Matrix's lobby gunfight.

It's really an amazing film, very over the top and full of glorious gunfights. :rock

It leaves you very satisfied as the credits begin and you can't help but want more. Really, if you are anything of a Mark Millar or action fan... you must see it.

I'm so floored... can't get this film out of my head. Sad thing is that my Wife said that Wesley.. the main character.. is a lot like me. Too nice. :lol

Malice
06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
the only part that looks cheesie to me is the part when she's driving the car and picks him up as she drifts. but over all i'll wait untill it hit's bootleg:D i mean dvd:monkey3

barryo
06-27-2008, 05:07 PM
what kinda shots do we get of AJ???? :naughty

Sick Boy 82
06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Sweet Josh, going to see it tonight!! Thanks for the heads up!

DarkArtist81
06-27-2008, 05:15 PM

:lol You get a nice butt shot. :D

It really was a sick movie, I was so scared they would ruin the comic for me... but they delivered. It's really cool. :rock2

The Mike
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Going off of the premise of the comic where the Supervillains of the world killed off all the heroes and are now ruling in secret and watching Wesley learn his destiny and becomes part of that world.....I don't see how this film could tow that line....I've read from a couple of sources that the movie itself kicks ass but that it should have been just a stand alone film not based off of anything.....

Still planning on seeing it but its not on the major must see list.....I like hearing about the AJ Ass shot but when you've seen the whole package (Thank you GIA) its a been there done that situation.

pjam
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Timur is the next big thing. He has the world in his hands now and he's a nice guy too. They're calling him the Russian Speilberg for lack of anything better but he is a visual wizard and very innovative artist.

Look for great things to come from him.

barryo
06-27-2008, 05:24 PM
im kinda in the boat that "one can never have enough angelina jolie ass shots"... :lecture

DarkArtist81
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Going off of the premise of the comic where the Supervillains of the world killed off all the heroes and are now ruling in secret and watching Wesley learn his destiny and becomes part of that world.....I don't see how this film could tow that line....I've read from a couple of sources that the movie itself kicks ass but that it should have been just a stand alone film not based off of anything.....

Still planning on seeing it but its not on the major must see list.....I like hearing about the AJ Ass shot but when you've seen the whole package (Thank you GIA) its a been there done that situation.

It definitely removes a lot of the superhero element from the comics and rescrambles things a bit, but it keeps the core of the story the same. Wesley's tale is still pretty much the same, even Mark Millar himself has said he really likes what they have done and that it tops his idea in a few ways.

I LOVED the comic, and was very worried that this would be a travesty. Especially with all of the changes, but I was pleasantly surprised at how great it ended up being. Really, it's one of the most artistic...crazy experiences I have ever been a part of.

I HIGHLY recommend it. You will not be disappointed at all.

The Mike
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Well I trust you Josh so I'll go see it on your recommendation alone. :rock

devlinboy
06-27-2008, 05:46 PM
it is an absolutely excellent comic. havent seen the flick yet though

carbo-fation
06-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Great movie! Very fast-paced and McAvoy was very funny. Go see it.:)

Les Walker
06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I'll see it soon! :rock

Anzik
06-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Because I like you guys so much I am going to sit here for several hours looking at nude shots of AJ just to see if I can in fact get sick of her.

The sacrifices I make...

Eli26
06-27-2008, 08:36 PM
The best part of the whole movie was the very last comment made to us the viewers before it goes to the end credits. That, and I loved the scene where he bashes his buddy's head with his ergonomic keyboard, and the keys spell out, well, I won't ruin it for you. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself.

4 STAR ACTION FLICK!

hairlesswookiee
06-27-2008, 11:23 PM
The best part of the whole movie was the very last comment made to us the viewers before it goes to the end credits. That, and I loved the scene where he bashes his buddy's head with his ergonomic keyboard, and the keys spell out, well, I won't ruin it for you. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself.

4 STAR ACTION FLICK!

agreed!!! i laughed so hard when he said that...also when Morgan Freeman dropped the F bombs. since i haven't read the comics and thus unfamiliar with it, are there any chances for a sequel?? i didn't expect much when i saw this movie, but was way surprised by it and want more.

DarkArtist81
06-27-2008, 11:37 PM
The comic ended and didn't go on at all... BUT... it could be added to. That Factory shootout was the sickest thing I have seen in a long time. Just AMAZING. :rock

And that end scene is almost word for word the finale from the comic, I'm so glad that was in this film. That and the work stuff and best friend/girlfriend storyline. It was really a crowd pleasing fun to watch film. I have been thinking about it since I left the theater. Great movie.

hairlesswookiee
06-28-2008, 12:05 AM
The comic ended and didn't go on at all... BUT... it could be added to. That Factory shootout was the sickest thing I have seen in a long time. Just AMAZING. :rock

And that end scene is almost word for word the finale from the comic, I'm so glad that was in this film. That and the work stuff and best friend/girlfriend storyline. It was really a crowd pleasing fun to watch film. I have been thinking about it since I left the theater. Great movie.

cool... yeah everyone that i went with last night was so impressed with it. i think the GF/ Friend sub-plot was funny. i can't help but think what they can do with the story if they want to do a sequel or prequel.

**Spoilers**
and the one problem i had with the plot was this, why would the Fraternity command send kill orders for Sloan and the other assassin's to Sloan??? surely they had to know that they would find out about their pending kill orders. being as old as it is the Fraternity would surely have their own internal people that took care of their fellow members when need be.

CelticPredator
06-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Best movie of the year, by far! I've been waiting for an action movie like this for a very very long time.

Bat Eater
06-28-2008, 04:48 PM
im getting this on bootleg :monkey3

carbo-fation
06-28-2008, 04:51 PM
im getting this on bootleg :monkey3

Trust me, this is one movie that's definite must-see on the big screen. The CGI and special effects are just too good to watch it on a CAM version.

hairlesswookiee
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
i'm getting this on Blu Ray!!!! 7.1 all the way!!!!

usswanker
06-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah my brother saw it and said it was pretty BA!

chapuchi
06-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Saw it today and must admit it was absolutely fantastic! Watching the recent trailers me and my friends made fun of it being totally ridiculous and impossible...but we still watched it for the sake of watching it, and my god was it awesome!

King Darkness
06-28-2008, 06:16 PM
When I saw the previews for this I thought it was gonna suck hard, looks like that may not be the case. I think I will check it out Tuesday on my day off.

nash
06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
this movie was awesome. just went to see it with the wife, she kept saying how hot angie looked and I had to agree :)

anyone know the song that plays as the credits roll?

vader70450
06-28-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/wanted

nash
06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/wanted

cool, didnt know the soundtrack was out. Guess I'll be downloading it tonight. :D

vader70450
06-28-2008, 10:10 PM
cool, didnt know the soundtrack was out. Guess I'll be downloading it tonight. :D

lol..i just started the DL as well!!!

hairlesswookiee
06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
its a pretty good soundtrack for sure. just wish they included some of the NIN songs that were in the movie.

Darklord Dave
06-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I liked the film a lot - some of the action was off the hook, including the drift scene from the trailer - that's just so creative.

I would have liked them to do more with the super powers - they set it up brilliantly, but don't really use it that much except for the one thing.

As for the question above:
There was no Fraternity command - just fate. Fate just delivers the message - it's up to the humans to interpret the message. However I got the impression that Terence Stamp had his own loom - if so, was he getting the same names?

Wetanut
06-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I had the same question myself Dave. But then I thought -- hell, why am I looking for logic in an illogical film? and just sat back and rolled with it.
Not usually my normal viewing at the theater (I usually wait for rental), but the presence of McAvoy lured me. Enjoyed it very much. Not as much as widdle WALL-E, but was good.

Ryanfromindiana
06-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I caught both of these this weekend and we enjoyed them both! I really thought the Wanted comics kind of fell apart in the end whereas the movie came through.

lerath666
06-29-2008, 06:54 PM
i keep hearing good things.. i might give it a chance at the bargain theatre in a few weeks then.

jml969
06-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Just saw this movie today and I thought it was pretty cool. Never read the comic book. I might pick it up just to see how close the movie was to the book

Chimera 1
06-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Saw this movie over the weekend and it was Great. I don't see where they left room for a sequel should they choose to do one but I don't think it needs it. I would however like to see a prequel. Now we have to sit back and wait for the news reports of drunk idiots trying to curve bullets around their friends.

hairlesswookiee
06-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Now we have to sit back and wait for the news reports of drunk idiots trying to curve bullets around their friends.
yup...thats what my GF and i were discussing while walking to the car after the movie.

Darklord Dave
06-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Saw this movie over the weekend and it was Great. I don't see where they left room for a sequel should they choose to do one but I don't think it needs it. I would however like to see a prequel. Now we have to sit back and wait for the news reports of drunk idiots trying to curve bullets around their friends.

And this year's Darwin award goes to...

Sick Boy 82
06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah, more of them actually using their powers would have been cool.

It seemed like the first Mr. X was the only one that did with the crazy elivator building jump thing!!

Chimera 1
06-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah they made me think it was going to be bada$$ assassins with crazy abilities but that ended with the death of Mr X.
I am going to read the graphic novel to get more details.

Adoptedscot
06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
From what you guys have said and the adverts ive seen for it, this film looks awesome, looking forward to seeing it now.
x :D

BuffyGirl
06-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I am going to see this on Saturday along with Hancock and Get Smart. And yes, I mostly want to see Wanted because of Angelina. Can you blame me?

plasmid303
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Very corny flick, over the top. Doesn't mean it was bad, far from it.

Angie looked worse for wear in that movie. She could use a sandwich.

Bannister
06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Very corny flick, over the top. Doesn't mean it was bad, far from it.

Angie looked worse for wear in that movie. She could use a sandwich.

Her ass looked good, but her face and arms looked bad.

lerath666
06-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok, so they scrapped the superhero/ supervillian cocept completely i'm told?

nash
06-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Her ass looked good, but her face and arms looked bad.

she looked damn fine to me. :banana

Malice
06-30-2008, 11:16 PM
:banana i'm still waiting for it on bootleg:D

Giant Chicken
06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Just got home from it. Not what I was expecting. Very over the top but it was very entertaining. I loved the keyboard scene but I hated the rats. I probably wont watch this movie again but that does not mean it sucked.

plasmid303
07-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I also expected it to be something else entirely. I'm not saying for the better, but still.

The whole weavers and looms of fate thing is lame though. I laughed. Out loud. Heartily. I dunno if it was a big theme in the comic books, but it was dumb in the flick.

The final scene involving Angelina's character was preposterous. (SPOILER) To think that a bullet wouldn't change trajectory after going through what, like, 3 heads - all of which were all in a perfect circle - is pretty silly. But then again, so is twisting a bullet. Why am I complaining?

Gruff Old Bear
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/Gruff_Old_Bear/BBoard%20Pix/Wanted.jpg

FQRizzo
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Didn't see they movie, butt (hehe) any chance they coulda used a body double on Angelina? She looked so much better before she was pumping out kids and became anorexic.

Darklord Dave
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm the first person to go "eww" at the Nicole Ritchies and the like, but I don't think Angie is one of them. She looks pretty good in the movie and I'm pretty sure they didn't use a body double.

FQRizzo
07-02-2008, 09:24 AM
She's not to the ridiculous level...yet, but I think she looked better before (personal preference)

Darth Loki
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Saw this last night and I really enjoyed it. As long as you know that you're going to see a graphic novel on screen, you're expectations should be in the right place.

Angelina's got a great ass :naughty

plasmid303
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Angelina's got a great ass :naughty

Yeah?

Well

Too bad she looked skeleton thin everywhere else. Not her best movie appearance.

Darth Loki
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah?

Well

Too bad she looked skeleton thin everywhere else. Not her best movie appearance.

I'd still ^^^^ the hell out of her :D

FQRizzo
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd still ^^^^ the hell out of her :D

Really?

Well she looks like she would probably just fall apart if you did that. Be careful.

Les Walker
07-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Saw this a day back, and enjoyed it. No classic, but was for sure cool. Like the Office Space refs in it. Good movie. AJ is getting too thin for my tastes though. Needs to beef up some. Still a babe though. McAvoy was great. Really good stuff. Better than Hancock for sure!

hairlesswookiee
07-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Saw this a day back, and enjoyed it. No classic, but was for sure cool. Like the Office Space refs in it. Good movie. AJ is getting too thin for my tastes though. Needs to beef up some. Still a babe though. McAvoy was great. Really good stuff. Better than Hancock for sure!

YESSIR!!!! Hancock was alright, but i wish i waited for video. cost me $22 to sit through the movie with a 3 year old crying through half of it. here's the best part: my GF got warned she would be taken out because she yelled at the parents to take the kid out of the theater.

and i think the best part of Wanted is the very end..."What the FU*K have you done lately?"

uscmhicks
07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
and i think the best part of Wanted is the very end..."What the FU*K have you done lately?"

Yeah that was awesome.

I just wanna type here because I haven't used a spoiler thingy yet. lol

Kuzeh
07-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Well...I was this yesterday, and I felt pretty disappointed...
Acting was crap, story was stupid, and even though I loved the action and fights, what killed it for me was the

rat/mice attack, that was terrible...and lame...

I was really expecting more, oh well...at least we still have HB2, DK and X-F2 coming!! :D

scubasteve
07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Eh, didn't like it, either. Expected something different. A bit draggy, too.

Kuzeh
07-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Yep...and I couldn't care less if they all died...and if that happens, in my book, the movie sucks...:D but it was OK, too much Hype IMO, lots of people calling it the "new Matrix"...:lol

Toast
07-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I really thought this movie was incredibly bad ass, its my second fav summer movie under iron man

Jen
07-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I liked it. :D i wasn't expecting an Oscar worthy film...I was expecting a good popcorn, entertaining flick, and that is exactly what I got.

And James McAvoy is f'n hot....so is Angelina....but James..mmmmmmm

Bannister
07-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I liked it. :D i wasn't expecting an Oscar worthy film...I was expecting a good popcorn, entertaining flick, and that is exactly what I got.

And James McAvoy is f'n hot....so is Angelina....but James..mmmmmmm

http://www.newanimal.org/tumnus_faun_satyr.jpg
:drool:drool:drool

CelticPredator
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
He can kick your ass all the way to NARNIA! :D

djklambake
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Wanted didn't really blow my skirt up... seems like another one of those movies TBS will play eight times in a two day period, censoring the naughty bits. Nothing really stood out. Bewilderment and apathy were the two prevailing moods, and it gets old really quick. We get it, he's the new guy and they're badasses... big deal. At least you could laugh at "Fight Club" and "The Matrix." Wanted, while entertaining, was much forgotten the moment I left the theater.

Dusty
07-07-2008, 06:53 PM
THIS is hot? It looks like she was interred in a Nazi death camp to me (referring to the skeletal arm and giant head, not the tattoos, which are kinda cool):

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/DustyFinn/wantednyccposter.jpg

Not that I really care, but while we're on the topic, I really did do a double-take when I saw this poster when going to see Wall-E the other night. Seriously, not a good image for girls to aspire to 'be sexy like Angelina'. She used to be MUCH hotter, IMO.

Bannister
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
THIS is hot? It looks like she was interred in a Nazi death camp to me (referring to the skeletal arm and giant head, not the tattoos, which are kinda cool):

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/DustyFinn/wantednyccposter.jpg

Not that I really care, but while we're on the topic, I really did do a double-take when I saw this poster when going to see Wall-E the other night. Seriously, not a good image for girls to aspire to 'be sexy like Angelina'. She used to be MUCH hotter, IMO.

Yes she did. I think the first thing I ever saw her in was that George Wallace movie with Gary Senise. She looked damn good in that. Her face looks skeletal now. Her ass still looks good though.:lol The teaser poster looks a lot better. They should have just added credits to this image:
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/04/25/wanted-jolie-poster.jpg

Jen
07-07-2008, 07:09 PM
http://www.newanimal.org/tumnus_faun_satyr.jpg
:drool:drool:drool

I forgot he was in that! :lol :lol :lol Okay maybe the faun look is not the sexiest.....but in his last couple movies he was hot.

Bannister
07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I forgot he was in that! :lol :lol :lol Okay maybe the faun look is not the sexiest.....but in his last couple movies he was hot.

When I saw Last King of Scotland, I kept saying to myself, I know that ^^^^er from somewhere and eventually placed it.:lol:lol:lol

uscmhicks
07-08-2008, 08:06 AM
holy crap , thats is him ! :lol
Man , that just ruins wanted !. :lol:lol

granado.espada
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Just a question guy. What's the title of that Italian song being played James McAvoy killed that guy in the bulletproof limo? Ive been looking for that song for ages! Thanks.