Sony MMO DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be great, if done right.

I can't believe it's taken this long to make a comics MMO. If they could keep the game current with the comics, it could be something spectacular.

DC Universe: Online

DC Comics, the largest English language publisher of comic books worldwide and the home of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman; Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a global leader in the online games industry; and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), a premier developer and licensor of entertainment content in the interactive space, announce plans to collaborate with legendary comic book illustrator Jim Lee to work on a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMO) based on the DC Comics universe.

Will be utilized on the PS3 and feels like a City of Heroes but in the actual DC Universe. Should be interesting....

Here is the official teaser trailer:

https://gamenewsi.com/index.php?itemid=22647&catid=1

Re: DC Universe: Online

Didn't spend much time in the E3 threads I take it. :lol

No worries. This game needs its own thread anyway (unless there already was one, but I don't believe so).

BTW, TheJosh will be interviewing them at SDCC about the game and some Freaks are going to the DCU:O party there. Should be fun.

Sonva^^^^^. The Search Function is failing me. :lol. Oh well....lock it up. At least folks can view the E3 Trailer here and then post there.

Or just merge them. This one has the better subject line and there were only 3 posts in there anyway.

BTW, TheJosh will be interviewing them at SDCC about the game and some Freaks are going to the DCU:O party there. Should be fun.

Guys if you want post some questions in this thread that you want me to ask.

Guys if you want post some questions in this thread that you want me to ask.

Not sure if it has been answered yet (lots of E3 news still coming out), but I'd like to know if events in the comics will affect the game and vise versa. Meaning, if there is a crisis-like story going on in the comics, will the game change to reflect that?

I'm wondering if there will be official uniforms or past heroes that have died or been changed that can be used by players. Meaning if I wanted to use the Eradicator design could I do that since he isn't an active comic personality in the same form and look or Jason Todd Robin, etc....how much of the DC Universe will be made available to the masses.

If done well, this will be terrific.

BTW, if you're on the same server as me and want to find me just look for either The Huntress or Hawkgirl. :monkey3

Kab and Mike I have your questions saved. Thanks guys!

Keep them coming.

I would love to be a Green Lantern in this universe....will things like that be available? GL rings, Legion rings, etc....those things that enable characters to be heroes not the heroes themselves?

I would love to be a Green Lantern in this universe....will things like that be available? GL rings, Legion rings, etc....those things that enable characters to be heroes not the heroes themselves?

Great question!

Back