Red Sonja: The Motion Picture....again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Rodriguez and McGowan Team for Red Sonja
Source: James Bande
June 26, 2008

According to USA Today, real-life couple director Robert Rodriguez and Rose McGowan are teaming up to bring Red Sonja back to theaters.

Rodriguez will produce a new big-screen adventure featuring the flame-haired comic-book vixen, to be played by McGowan, for a release in 2010.

"When they first came to me with it, I thought it was funny," McGowan told the newspaper. "I do have a body made for sitting on a veranda with mint juleps and a parasol. I don't know why I always have to save the planet."

Rodriguez considers her a perfect fit as the mighty, and mighty voluptuous, avenger. "Rose is a pistol. She's whip-smart, has attitude to burn, is sexy, extremely strong, yet has a vulnerable side that would surprise her closest friends. That description also fits Red Sonja."

Filming will start in October. Longtime Rodriguez associate Douglas Aarniokoski will direct.

Yeah but... Rose McGowan?

I dunno...

Can't we just get Frank Cho to animate a hot chick slaying baddies for an hour and a half?

When I heard Red Sonja I was not impressed, but with Rodriguez invovled I'm now very interested :rock

This sounds promising, plus, with Rob Zombie doing the Conan movie and Rob and Robert being such good friends could lead to a Conan/Red Sonja film. Rodriguez has shown in the past that he can handle comic book movies so I expect big things. Plus Rose is smoking hot.

I guess Rodriguez directing McGowan in Barbarella fell through so now he's trying to put her into Red Sonja.
I don't think she fits the role, but anything would be better than the original.

Still, I think Rodriguez is a terrible director.

Back