The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Here is some info from Stan Lee and Joe Simon themselves:

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!

Source: USAToday

Fans of the Avengers will finally get to see The Avengers as they were intended in the relatively near future. Director Jon Favreau, Iron Man, states that Marvel's intent is to team up the heroes for The Avengers, which is made up of all of the Marvel heroes they have the rights to." Though the lineup for The Avengers in the comics has changed, Favreau says, "…the ones Marvel is talking about now are Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and Iron Man. I would love to see that."

Wouldn't we all.

With Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk dropping hints already through a scene at the end of Iron Man featuring Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) discussing the Avengers Initiative and Tony Stark showing up at the end of The Incredible Hulk, to tell General Ross about the "team we're putting together", the stage is being set for an epic comic book adventure.

marvel-avengers.jpg

Meanwhile, other solo Marvel projects are in the works leading up to the big Avengers debut. Stan Lee and Joe Simon weighed in on the projects.

Thor

150097-thor_400.jpg

Scheduled for a June 4, 2010 release date, disabled medical student Donald Blake discovers a hammer, Mjolnir, that transforms him into the Norse warrior (god) Thor. Years ago, the model Fabio was brought in to discuss playing the part. Lee recalls, "Someone brought him up to my office to see if he could play Thor…Visually, he would have been good, but in those days we weren't even in a position to do a movie." Lee says Thor "…will have to be someone big and strong and kind of blondish. And there should be a nobility."

Ant Man

AntmanGrow.gif

No release date for the solo film yet. Biochemist Hank Pym develops a means to alter his size as well as communicate with and control insects. "There's never been a hero like this in the movies," Lee says. "I did one comic book called The Man in the Ant Hill about a guy who shrunk down and there were ants or bees chasing him. That sold so well that I thought making him into a superhero might be fun."

The First Avenger: Captain America

Capfire.jpg

Cap should be arriving May 6, 2011. In 1941, Private Steve Rogers volunteers for an experiment with a super-soldier-serum that made him the first (and only) super-soldier for the U.S. to combat the Nazi threat. "We had him peeling spuds," creator Joe Simon recalls. "The government shot him up with a super-serum, which made him the first of what was to be an army of superheroes. We were a war-consumed nation, just like today," he says. "Hitler was a comic foil for our character, and every comic sold out that first year."

And of course, all of these characters will be tied together by Nick Fury of SHIELD: Supreme Headquaters, Interantional Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division.

samnick.jpg

Since this IS a different property all together I figured we can keep discussion in a localized place instead of scattered. And figures ARE crossed that HT makes figures of all of them!

Last edited:
Re: The Avengers: Discussion Thread

I'm still pulling for Vladimir Kulich for Thor. ( Kulich IMDB page)

Brad Pitt can be the puny Dr. Donald Blake, but there should be two actors playing the different rolls.

I really have no interest in an Ant Man movie.... But I'm excited about all the others!

"The Avengers" will be the BIGGEST upcoming comic movie for a long time with the greatest array of talent and casting put together. I really hope that Marvel will handle the movie with a lot of care and not only put the attention (and money) towards a great cast, BUT ALSO A GREAT CREW. Get a fantastic script (a la Iron Man, Spider-man 1 & 2) and you might have the greatest comic book movie of ALL TIME.

Iron Man , Capt. America, Thor and Hulk sound great but Screw Ant-Man and replace him with Vision or better yet a female like Black Widow or Ms. Marvel.

Now I'm really wishing that Warner goes ahead with their Justice League movie, so that Marvel can see what works and what doesn't translate to well on film. Not that Marvel needs help, but let DC/Warner show Marvel what not to do.

I guess I might be the only one that is looking forward to an Ant-Man movie.

These are the movies I wished--and was confused--they didn't make when I was a kid. But seeing how the AWESOME Cap movie form the '80s turned out, I'm glad they waited until technology was able to more clearly depict the imagination.

Last edited:

I'm still pulling for Vladimir Kulich for Thor. ( Kulich IMDB page)

Brad Pitt can be the puny Dr. Donald Blake, but there should be two actors playing the different rolls.

I think he's a little too old to play Thor. Thor needs to be this larger than life character and it's pretty hard to find a guy who looks like that THAT can actually act.

Go Ant-Man!

I can't wait for this movie release. I don't think they are going to screw this movie up. They have 3 years to make this movie and I'm sure they'll take their time on it. I just hope none of the actors die while making the movie. I don't want this movie to be delayed in anyway.

Back