• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

your courtesy is requested

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
last week, i had a couple of forum members ask prices and make offers for some things for sale. since my reply back, i haven't heard from them. as we all are very busy, sometimes life happens first before hobby. after about a week, you kind of wonder if their offer is still standing, or if they even want the item anymore. this leaves the seller open ended, not knowing whether the item is pending sale or not.

i would like to request that all sellers and buyers alike make sure that you reply in a timely fashion to a discussed or pending deal. i would think that more than a week is too long. thank you for reading my request.

If I haven't heard back from someone in a week then I assume the sale is dead. I don't let it bother me too much but it is nice to get some solid communication going. :)

I have to confess I was guilty of that very thing with dr2red and a figure of hers I was interested in. I simply forgot to get back with her. Fortunately she still allowed me to buy it.:D

But I agree, prompt communication is nice.

exactly... so WTF????? Nos for Jaws or WHAT!!!!??? ........... :lol

You just posted that. You didn't send me a PM.:lol:lol:lol If I knew I could get 400 for Jaws on ebay I would do it. Problem is, there are no closed auctions.

If I haven't heard back from someone in a week then I assume the sale is dead. I don't let it bother me too much but it is nice to get some solid communication going. :)

BTW, I had sent you a PM about that T-1000 and never heard back from you. Did you get rid of it already or did you not get the PM I sent you? It was about two or three weeks back I think.

i'll admit i've ignored a few PMs, but only because someone sent me a message wanting to know what i'm asking for a piece when the thread says 'pm me with YOUR OFFERS' or someone wants to know a price of something i'm selling and it clearly states the amount in the first line of the original post.

i figure if you can't comprehend things like that, then you sure as hell won't be able to complete the transaction.

People are flaky that's just the bottom line.

I also don't understand "Best offers". Sure we've all done it, but why? As the seller, you already have a set price in your head as to how much you are willing to sell the piece for, why dont you just put the price out there? Are you trying to hope that some unsuspecting rich guy comes along and offers you way more than what you would have sold it for? 99% of the time sellers decline your best offer anyway, imo it is a pointless act and a waste of both parties' time. Whenever someone says give me your best offer, I always just PM them for their price. I hate playing games, and as a buyer why would I shoot myself in the foot and "offer" something more than what the seller wants for it.

I agree that as a courtesy both buyers and sellers should follow up if there is an offer in play. I can see how this can be a particular concern for a seller especially if there are a number of different offers on the table. The things that bugs me from a buyers point of view are when sellers do not list a selling price. I know that the argument is that buyers should know the approximate value of items based on eBay etc... but that is not always true. Sure if there is a statue I am actively looking for I probably know the going price but there are many items I don't have that I am not actively looking for but may not mind aquiring. For me the Yellow HH Daredevil statue could be an example. I don't watch this item on eBay and I am not going out of my way to find one but I might buy it if the price seems reasonable and the resources are available. I could guess that it goes for around $200 but I could be totally off the mark. Some may say that the buyer can go off and do some research but depending on the availability of the item this can take minutes or much longer. Why can't the seller just list an asking price? They know how much they want for the item and probably know the going selling price better than anyone. Are they afraid their asking price is too high and people will mock them? Are they hoping that by not listing an asking price people will give them more? What is the benefit of not listing a selling price?

Agreed on the "best offer" dealy. I end up ignoring those ones because I'm just not into the price games. (no offense to anyone, just my opinon)

Everything I've listed here has sold pretty quickly, and I think it's because I always list it a bit below the current ebay ending rates and don't make anyone guess at prices.

But on to the topic: Yeah, a fairly quick response would be the courteous thing to do (as well as shipping out immediately after payment). But unfortunately there are a lot of flakey collectors out there so it just comes with the territory. What ya gonna do? I do what El Roranus does, no response in a week means that the deal is off, and time to move on.

Agreed on the "best offer" dealy. I end up ignoring those ones because I'm just not into the price games. (no offense to anyone, just my opinon)

Everything I've listed here has sold pretty quickly, and I think it's because I always list it a bit below the current ebay ending rates and don't make anyone guess at prices.

But on to the topic: Yeah, a fairly quick response would be the courteous thing to do (as well as shipping out immediately after payment). But unfortunately there are a lot of flakey collectors out there so it just comes with the territory. What ya gonna do? I do what El Roranus does, no response in a week means that the deal is off, and time to move on.

I agree man...but people must also realize that people also work and do their best to ship fast...I am not slow by any means but I dont think anyone is as fast as ReeferShark on the ship.

I agree man...but people must also realize that people also work and do their best to ship fast...I am not slow by any means but I dont think anyone is as fast as ReeferShark on the ship.

Thanks brotha! :chew

I think about a work week is fair for shipping time. It can be dificult if you have to actually go to the post office or UPS store. I try to do it the next day though because it's pretty easy for me. The UPS & USPS guys come daily for pickups to my workplace, so I just process the shipment at home online, then hand it off to the guy at work the next day.

i often would ask 'best offer' for an item i wouldn't be necessarily selling at the time. i don't have a set price in mind and if the offer is sweet enough, i would part with it. plus the buyer may only be willing to pay a certain amount. best offer gets the two talking. deal or no deal. :lol

i often would ask 'best offer' for an item i wouldn't be necessarily selling at the time. i don't have a set price in mind and if the offer is sweet enough, i would part with it. plus the buyer may only be willing to pay a certain amount. best offer gets the two talking. deal or no deal. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back