Medicom Indy VCD!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCow

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just found this at : https://www.throwmetheidol.com/

The fine folks over at Medicom have released photos of an upcoming limited VCD Indiana Jones. Limited to only 2,008 pieces.

No word as to whether it will be available through their North American partner Sideshow. We'll post more as soon as we know.

medicom_vcd_indy.jpg

Wow, very interesting! I might get this. Obviously you have to like the "super deformed" style, but I think it's very well done and captures the essence of Ford better than a lot of the realistic pieces out there. I like this SOOOOO much better than the Panson Works figures:

i003s.jpg

And I think I like it better than the Mighty Mugg as well:

HAS15200.jpg

I just hope they make a Henry Jones Sr. as well!

Wow, very interesting! I might get this. Obviously you have to like the "super deformed" style, but I think it's very well done and captures the essence of Ford better than a lot of the realistic pieces out there.

Oh I love the Superdeformed figures, I have pretty much all of the SW ones, but I don't know, somehow it doesn't work for me in humans, robots and guys with helmet look awesome, Indy, not so much.
I like the 'cute"-"funny" look of Cosbabys, Superdeformed, etc on some figures, but on humans, looks rather creepy an even Kitschy....

I can understand that, and I agree that it's not as immediately appealing as something like the VCD C3PO. I think that's probably why Medicom has taken so long to branch out into more human figures, but I still like it.

I like the VCD style but this Indy figure looks bad IMO.

It's missing something.

I prefer the Mighty Mugg way over this.

He just looks goony... the SW characters so far have translated well to the VCD format, but Indy just looks bad. Maybe its that his costume is so much more complicated.

Not sure about the hate I'm hearing for this figure. Is it the face? The oversized hands and feet are characteristics of the entire VCD line, and I think the outfit looks well done, so unless you hate all of the super deformed VCDs, the face seems like the only real point of contention.

Yeah, I DO hate all of the super-deformed VCDs. In fact, I'm shocked to actually like some of the Mighty Muggs (though I know they're technically a different "genre" of collectible).

I just don't get a sense of Indy from this item. At all. In fact, every time I look at it my first instinct is "Woody" from TOY STORY.

Plus, it will be $60-$70 or some such ridiculous price. Easy pass. :rolleyes:

Back