• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Custom TDK Joker's Goon Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FS: Custom TDK Joker and Goon Mask Headsculpts

With the Dark Knight being less than a month away and the Hot Toys figures coming soon, I prepaired my collection by making a Headsculpt of one of the Joker Goons from the Bank Robbery prologue. DarkArtist wanted one and has agreed to cast and paint some for those interested. $30 unpainted, $60 painted by Josh. For those wanting multiples, we can talk and cut some kind of deal.

The images below are of my original, unpainted sculpt. This is on its way to Josh so there aren't any images of the actual casts yet.

dsc00235oi4.jpg

dsc00236hi7.jpg

dsc00237jj2.jpg

dsc00238gq4.jpg

And this is MY humble attempt at painting it.
dsc00250er4.jpg

And this is Josh's fantastic work on it!

DSCN4598.jpg

Undyed full figure by Josh:

DSCN4610.jpg

DSCN4608.jpg

DSCN4603.jpg

This is a better idea what the suit should look like colorwise when finished. This is my own personal Goon suit, so Josh's suits will varry, but this is a fairly good idea what to expect.

dsc00343yc6.jpg

I went with the Prologue Goon paintwork, but I've seen images of at least one or two other Goons wearing the same mask with different hair color and paint. So for those wanting multiples, we can talk and cut some kind of deal. Any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Don't be modest Brant, you did awesome work on that paintup! And the sculpt is perfect. Anyone who jumps on this one will not be disappointed at all... it's going to rock. :rock

Don't be modest Brant, you did awesome work on that paintup! And the sculpt is perfect. Anyone who jumps on this one will not be disappointed at all... it's going to rock. :rock

Well, thank-you. But still, you WILL do a better job than me. So if anyone is happy with MINE, they will be thrilled with yours.

Hmmm, what to do about a body ?

Cheap bodies are easily available from places like Monkey Depot. The hardest thing though are the gloves. He has those knuckle-less type gloves. I found plenty of fingerless ones, but not knuckle-less. A Dragon Fingerless gloved nude figure is around $7. And there are plenty of blue suits out there.

Heck, Sideshow's Giles grey suit dyes beautifully. So if you got a gift card, that would be a fairly cheap option, plus you would at least get a body out of it.

The only thing that would probably have to be custom made would be his Bolo tie (aka "Texas" tie).

Makes a great companion piece to Josh's or Les' Jokers :monkey3

And I do plan on making different Goon masks too!

Yes, and if anyone wants it upgraded to a full figure, pop me a PM and I can make it happen for about $120 shipped if you really want the full package. I can put it on a Dragon body with a nicely tailored suit and the "Texas Tie". Only snag will be the gloves, But I can dremel out the knuckle and hand holes to make it so... :D

Consider it a BM/DA combo deal. :rock

Looks great! Please do the Joker with the Grumpy mask next!

I am. I made a cheapo cast (something I found at Michaels. It works for what I am using it for, but I wouldn't make any casts to sell from it, it just isn't that good) of my "Bank Robbery Joker head" so I can sculpt the mask on that since I was having problems sculpting the mask without molding it onto a head. Not sure if a removable mask will work, but I'm working on it. Worst case is I have an unmasked head and masked head available.

I then plan on making the third Goon that went with this Goon and the Joker into the Bank lobby.

And I highly recommend Josh's offer for a full on custom! I'm currently dying a Giles suit right now and all I will need are the gloves and tie, which shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Just think how awesome it will be to have a couple of Joker Goons to go with a DA, Les, and/or Hot Toys Joker! :banana

You have a great looking sculpt there BM! Combined with DA's painting skills, this will definitely be a nice addition to the display shelf.

bump for a fellow DK boardie :lol and good luck with the sale guys!

Here are some WIP shots of the Bank Mask Joker. On the left is obviously the head, and the right the mask on the plaster cast of the head on the left. I hope to have this finished soon, and if any interest, have it casted as well.

dsc00299az7.jpg

dsc00301te0.jpg

dsc00302lw7.jpg

dsc00303ov6.jpg

Just a side note, I'm reworking the eyes and frown on that Joker mask. Made him look too much like a grumpy old Chinese man.

Looking good so far man, just needs a little tweaking in those two areas and it will be awesome.

Great news! I got the Goon head today and will be casting it in just a moment. :rock

Looking good so far man, just needs a little tweaking in those two areas and it will be awesome.

Great news! I got the Goon head today and will be casting it in just a moment. :rock

I think my problem was I was using the Evidence Mask that came with the Mattle Joker Goon as reference. It is more characaturish than accurate. After finding some real images of the mask, the frown is more of a straight line than frown. It has improved the likeness greatly so far.

And Sweet about getting the head today. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Back