Spoilers or spoiler-free?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoilers or spoiler-free?

• Total voters

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
Before you see a movie or watch something on tv, do you like to know as much as possible about what you're going to see, nothing at all or are you somewhere in the middle?

I always try to remain spoiler-free for the most part. I don't mind seeing trailers, but I try to stay away from knowing anything about the story-line. I like going in not knowing what to expect.

I think this goes beck to my childhood when I read a review of ESB the day before I went to see it. You wouldn't believe how angry I was when I found out about Luke and his dad! Why would someone give away something so huge in their review? :lol

I like spoilers because I'm excited to know things that will happen, and usually even knowing things doesn't ruin the surprise when it finally plays out. I like trying to guess how the movie will play out based on the things I know, and usually I'm so off in my prediction, it makes it mute that I knew things ahead of time. The only spoiler information I find to ruin the experience is comic adaptations and novellizations, those I won't check out before I see the movie.

I spoiled myself like crazy for the Star Wars PT and for the new Doctor Who series I am somewhat spoiled... but these days there is a line I don't like to cross and it usually involves the specifics of the last 15-30 minutes of whatever the program/movie is.

Don't like them. I like watching a movie fresh without knowing what is going to happen and see it unfold as the director wants me to.

Revenge of the Sith xbox game spoiled the movie for me.

Don't like them. I like watching a movie fresh without knowing what is going to happen and see it unfold as the director wants me to.

That's the way I feel. I love going in knowing it'll be a new experience for me. There's a thrill about it I don't think I'd have if I already know certain parts of the story.

I can't remember a movie I was excited for that I didn't dig up all I could on it since the internet age, and at this point, I don't know if I could hold out from the point where I know it's going to be released to the release date without checking things out, I admire the restraint some of you have.

I don't mind spoilers, unless it's like someone telling me the ending of, say, an M. Night Shyamalan movie (...although lately, that probably wouldn't bother me much either, considering that dude's last 4 movies have sucked royal ^^^^).

When it came to the Star Wars prequels - I was one of the lucky ones and got to see The Phantom Menace three times before it was ever released (friends who worked at a movie theater got me in to see it on my birthday - a week before it came out)...so I really wasn't spoiled on that one at all. Then for Attack of the Clones, I figured there was one more movie coming out and this one wouldn't be all that great, so I spoiled the HELL out of it for myself. I still enjoyed watching it on screen. For Revenge of the Sith, I didn't read a single thing about it. I kept everything away until it came out. I was glad I did.

All in all, I can watch a movie that's been spoiled... its all about the story and the experience, in my opinion.

Spoil the hell out of me. If the movie is actually good then it won't matter what I know about it going in it'll be awesome on its own. If spoilers make me walk out of the film saying "it was alright but I already knew what was going to happen" that says more about the film then the idea of being spoiled.

I like to be as spoiler free as possible but even trailers give away too much nowadays.

I try to be as spoiler free as possible, but if there is any bit of footage released prior to the film, etc. then I want to watch it.

Before you see a movie or watch something on tv, do you like to know as much as possible about what you're going to see, nothing at all or are you somewhere in the middle?

I always try to remain spoiler-free for the most part. I don't mind seeing trailers, but I try to stay away from knowing anything about the story-line. I like going in not knowing what to expect.

I'm the same way, I'm cool with trailers (although I think sometimes they tell you too much)... but past that I don't want anymore information. I like going in blank and just letting the story unfold. I really can't stand it when I read stuff or someone tells me something about a movie :cuss

I avoid spoilers like the plague. But it doesn't bother me too awful much knowing them. The worst was when my mom bought TPM soundtrack and I didn't want to look at it, but I dropped it and when I picked it up saw "Qui-Gon's Noble End" as a track title. :lol

I try to be as spoiler free as possible, but if there is any bit of footage released prior to the film, etc. then I want to watch it.

Same here. I don't chase spoilers and I try to avoid major ones too... But I will watch every scrap of footage that is released if I am really excited. :lol

Back