MGS4 or Collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjk1000000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got a spare $60, but don't know if I should work on my Friday the 13th collection or get Metal Gear Solid 4? Please help Freaks!

-CJK

well... If you are a Huge MGS fan then go for the game. If it's just a game (Thats really good) wait .. games drop faster in price.

Yeah, like the other dudes said, if you're not a big fan of the MGS franchise, then just rent the game.

In the end though, it's up to you.

I'll just wait until I get the money again and buy the game. This would be the first MGS I've played since Nintendo!

-CJK

I'll just wait until I get the money again and buy the game. This would be the first MGS I've played since Nintendo!

-CJK

hmm... if you havent played MGS 1, 2, or 3, this one won't make ANY sense to you at all (the game is HEAVILY story based)... you should probably spend some money on the older games to familiarize yourself with the story... they just released a compilation on the PS2 with all three games.

hmm... if you havent played MGS 1, 2, or 3, this one won't make ANY sense to you at all (the game is HEAVILY story based)... you should probably spend some money on the older games to familiarize yourself with the story... they just released a compilation on the PS2 with all three games.

Yea, I can agree with that.

If you're waiting for the price to drop, you're going to be waiting a LONG time.

agreed....its a great game, but if you haven't played the first ones its pointless.

You do kind of get a recap, and you can sort of enjoy the story behind your missions to a degree, but you won't get the most out of it.

Take a few days off, play through MGS3, then Twin Snakes, then SOL and then play MGS4 in my opinion.

If you don't have the time to play through the past MGS games or just don't want to (you should want to), you can acquaint yourself to the story by watching Metal Gear Saga 1 & 2, which do a decent job of laying out the series' history on the table.

I even found the first chapter of MG Saga for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtjR94uAgNA

I'm sure you'll be able to find the rest.

A compilation? Is that world wide? Any more details, I would love to get that.

the metal gear saga videos are fine and good, but you'd be cheating yourself out of some great stories. You'll miss the little details that make the series so memorable. It's like a brief description of what the star wars movies are about... the point comes across, but you don't really appreciate the films (or understand their appeal) until you watch them yourself.

you can play them in the release order, or play 3, 1, then 2. It doesn't really matter (but you may want to go in the release order, especially if you're playing the original PS version of MGS 1 and not the gamecube remake, so you dont have to worry about drops in graphics quality)... but PLAY THEM! ^_^

If you are a collector and you could cough up the extra $25 for the MGS4 Limited Edition ($85) go and get it if they still got it. I saw the MGS3 LE go on ebay for over $200 last week. Or if you are a MGS fanatic they got a MGS Bluetooth ($60) that you could also use for your phone.

I'm just going to get collectibles. The whole reason that I was getting the game was because I am OBSESSED with guns, and this game HAS EM'! I'm not a MGS Fanboy, but this one looks promising. I'll pick it up later. Oh, and also, I think that Bluetooth's are for faggots! But, that's just my opinion.

-CJK

If you are a collector and you could cough up the extra $25 for the MGS4 Limited Edition ($85) go and get it if they still got it. I saw the MGS3 LE go on ebay for over $200 last week. Or if you are a MGS fanatic they got a MGS Bluetooth ($60) that you could also use for your phone.

i bought MGS4 and the limited edition...... i have two MGS4 games :banghead

I'm just going to get collectibles. The whole reason that I was getting the game was because I am OBSESSED with guns, and this game HAS EM'! I'm not a MGS Fanboy, but this one looks promising. I'll pick it up later. Oh, and also, I think that Bluetooth's are for faggots! But, that's just my opinion.

-CJK

yep good guns :monkey5 i cant believe they put XM8 :monkey5 and i dont like the bluetooth either, well i was this close to buy the MGS4 bluetooth for $40, but then i said not worth it

200? thats crazy... well, i guess not that crazy... the special edition of MGS3 was pretty expensive on ebay when I checked it out a few years ago...

Back