PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

The Mike
06-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Looks like there is movement on this front:

Green Lantern to be heroic, not comedic

It didn't happen for Eddie Murphy in the 80s and it won't happen for Jack Black.

Producer Donald De Line confirmed on CHUD that the Green Lantern film will not be a comedy. Instead it will be the origin story of hot shot test pilot Hal Jordan becoming GL "with all the heroics and action inherent with that character".

Eli Stone creators Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti are currently at work on their first draft of Lantern. When asked on Newsarama why he feels fans will react positively to their Green Lantern movie, Guggenheim answered "Because, it's not only a respectful approach to the character, but it's a loving approach to the entire mythos".

Does that mean we can expect glimpses of the Guardians, Oa and other members of the Green Lantern Corps? Killowog? That'd be my interpretation of mythos.

The special effects will need to be flawless to effectively render the ring's power in 3-D. Happily, we have the technology.

Kabukiman
06-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Green Lantern to be heroic, not comedic...

Producer Donald De Line confirmed on CHUD that the Green Lantern film will not be a comedy. Instead it will be the origin story of hot shot test pilot Hal Jordan becoming GL "with all the heroics and action inherent with that character".

There is a God.

McHavyck
06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
sadface.

i spent several years writing a feature length Hal Jordan story called Green Lantern and the Emerald Flame.

even before i started writing, i called DC's Rights and Permissions department and their recording said in order to be considered to get the right to use a DC character you had to submit a full script and synopses.

so i did.

two week later i get a letter from DC's Legal department telling me to cease and desist because i hadn't obtained the rights first. so, exactly the opposite of their recording. they didn't even read it.

i get their concern over their IP, but i just spent two years writing and refining a story based on information on their recording. that bothers me a little.
:banghead

djklambake
06-21-2008, 09:19 PM
This is AWESOME NEWS!!!

I returned to comics the day I heard Hal Jordan was reclaiming his ring. I'm hoping a Green Lantern on screen is the best thing we've seen since the original Superman!!!

McHavyck... give us a brief synopsis... I'm interested to hear your take!

The Mike
08-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Green Lantern Speeds Ahead
Source: SlashFilm

The Green Lantern movie is now underway, again, and this time it's on a fast track. Production Weekly provided the following update to GL's status:

STATUS - Development
PRODUCER: Donald De Line - Andrew Haas WRITER: Greg Berlanti - Marc Guggenheim - Michael J Green
DC COMICS 1700 Broadway New York, NY 10019
WARNER BROS. PICTURES 4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank, CA 91522-0001

Each sector of space is protected by a Green Lantern, possessing a power ring that uses a powerful green energy to do anything within the limits of the user’s imagination and will power. When the Green Lantern assigned to this sector of space finds himself dying on planet Earth, he tells the ring to find a suitable successor. The chosen replacement, hot-shot test pilot Hal Jordan, finds himself with a new job he never expected.

With that being said, with Hal Jordan being the main character, Common may be out, unless they're going to put him in the upcoming Justice League movie, which has may have been re-greenlit, though nothing's been confirmed as yet.

The Mike
08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
ESB Exclusive: Green Lantern Story Details Part 1 and Justice League Intel!
Written by Robert Sanchez
Wednesday, 13 August 2008

The IESB has an early look at Greg Berlanti's The Green Lantern plus updates on George Miller's Justice League of America.

A few years ago, we reviewed the GL script Robert Smigel wrote with comedian Jack Black in mind -- D.C. and Warner Bros. wisely decided against going down that route, maybe we had something to do with that when we ^^^^ all over it, read our review here.

But, there has been quite of bit of buzz lately coming from Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green's newest take on the Green Lantern and I managed to find a copy in my hands.

Let me start off with saying that within just reading the first few pages, I knew Berlanti, Guggenheim and Green had gotten the character right.

I don't want to do a traditional script review, instead I want to give IESB readers more of a sense of the story by going through some plot details and my thoughts on the screenplay. Wait a minute, that is a review. Let it begin...

It starts off with the revelation of Oa and The Central Battery with a voice over narration explaining that 1) there are extraterrestrials that protect the universe, 2) they have power rings, 3) there are thousands of Green Lanterns and 4) one of us has become one of them.

We go from one part of the universe to another and find ourselves in a familiar Solar System…our own.

Before I share some of the details let's do a quick character list of those we will see in the movie if this script gets the "green" light.

Martin Jordan
Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
Thomas Kalmuka
Carl Ferris
Carol Ferris
Kilowog
Tomar-Re
Abin Sur
Thaal Sinestro
The Guardians
Legion
Hector Hammond

A few cameos include a certain mild mannered reporter from the Daily Planet, a certain college football coach with the last name of Gardner (who we are promised in the script we will see more of in the second film) and loads of other characters sure to keep fanboys orgasmic throughout.

Back to the script - The story follows the traditional Hal Jordan/Green Lantern story lines to a certain degree including the battle between Legion and Abin Sur, Abin Sur's crash landing on Earth, as well as the choosing of Hal Jordan over Guy Gardner and Clark Kent.

Parts are straight out of the Emerald Dawn series including Jordan's simulator being ripped out of the training center and flown to a dying Abin Sur and Hal Jordan going to Oa to help defeat Legion.

The major difference is in the Sinestro character arch. I don't want to give too much away but the writers were very careful to stay true to the character without blowing their load on the first film.

The other difference is also introducing Hector Hammond into the story line and making him the big threat to Earth or Gaia if you prefer.

From the first major beat of the story - that is sure to bring a tear - to the revelations at the end of the movie that easily set up prequels as well as sequels this script has it all. Also, unlike other recent superhero movies, this Green Lantern story has science fiction elements such as visiting other planets and major space battles.

It's a quick read and is a mere 109 pages but is action packed from the beginning to end. It has the potential to be bigger than Iron Man or maybe even The Dark Knight.

The script, if greenlit, is a sure-fire hit for fan boys, but in scale it's big, VERY big, and we are hearing rumors that it may be too big for the director currently attached, Greg Berlanti.

But who would the studio trust to take on a franchise of this size?

First, let me say that the studio execs love this GL script, they really dig it - and get it which is always important - and word is they are prepared to spend a pretty penny.

Changing gears for a sec, let's see what's currently going on with Justice League of America. Last week there were reports that the movie is finally moving forward. Guess what - that's not what we heard.

IESB found out the complete opposite from various sources at WB -- the movie will not move forward in its current incarnation and a lot has to do with the success of The Dark Knight. Warner Bros. is not willing to risk pissing off Christopher Nolan or Christian Bale and their intent would be to move forward with a third Batman film instead of introducing another Batman in a JLA film.

Officially WB is stating that Justice League of America is on hold due to the potential SAG strike. We have been advised from various sources that the truth is that George Miller has been pulled off the project. We have contacted all parties involved including Kennedy/Miller and other producers but they have declined to comment at this time.

So does that mean that Miller is out of a job? Nope, we have been told that some execs over at Warner Bros. would like Miller to take over The Green Lantern project. Any truth to the rumor? Only time will tell but one thing is certain in my purest fan boy opinion - this script totally kicks ass!

Stay tuned later this week for IESB's Green Lantern Story Details Part 2!

galactiboy
08-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Cool news... so would there be a chance of HT making figures?

The Mike
08-18-2008, 10:43 AM
While its a while away HT did Superman Returns as well as both Batman films, one would think that a Green Lantern is a natural progression.

SpawnFan
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
So they are going for a third Nolan Batman first before they are going for JLA movie, does this mean that the Baleman is going to be Batman in the JLA movie? :D

That would be awesome!

The Mike
08-18-2008, 06:58 PM
It more means that they don't want to piss of Nolan or Bale or any of the Batman crew by introducing a new Batman that if they had gone with the Justice League 90210 ages would have essentially treaded over Batman Begins in terms of age.

EVILFACE
08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
I've never read a Green Lantern comic, but always thought he had one of the best costume designs ever.

http://kenk3n.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/green_lantern.jpg

Glad they dropped the Jack Black vehicle.

Darklord Dave
08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
The Nolan/Bale Batman is too grounded in reality to be comfortable around a Greek demigoddess, a couple of superpowered aliens and a intergalatic cop, unless they introduce something supernatural in the next film.

But I like the idea of Miller directing a kickass GL movie rather than JL.

The Mike
08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
An argument to that is that Nolan's Batman is the perfect realization of the character who is a normal guy who is surrounded by Aliens and Demigoddesses. Batman keeps the Justice League grounded and Nolan Batman could easily be apart of that, more so than any Batman before him who was a little too flamboyant and grandiose already, save maybe Keaton in Batman 89

FQRizzo
08-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I think the Burton Batman movies had the right mix of reality and fiction to make a segue to a JL film. More so than the Nolan ones.

The Mike
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Brian Murray "Green Lantern" Concept Art
On his official website, illustrator Brian Murray has posted a number of images that he created for 'Green Lantern' screenwriter and (potential) director Greg Berlanti. The images were part of the presentation package Murray created for Berlanti Television which won them the 'Green Lantern' feature.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4732/carolsy4.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9826/costchangeml8.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4418/greenlanternsc2.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5388/legion3zq4.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3688/normaloveroayd0.jpg

Buttmunch
09-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Not really liking that new suit. Hopefully they keep it more like the original. Superman's doesn't look that bad in a film, so I can't imagine Green Lantern's wouldn't translate either. I saw I guy at SDCC that had a pretty cool looking one, but spandex is quite revealing :yuck

Darklord Dave
09-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Not a big fan of that suit either. I wouldn't mind a complete redesign of the suit. He's essentially a space cop - I'd like to see a design that had that flavor with the lantern emblem more like a badge (kind of like the Rayner costume I guess).

creecher
09-04-2008, 01:21 AM
They just can't help themselves. They have to change the costume.

The Mike
09-04-2008, 06:17 AM
The costume reminds me too much of Kyle Raynor's costume in STAS or JLTAS:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/RaynerSTAS.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/ThereturnJLU.jpg

Even shows me a hint of Kyle's Countdown Costuming:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Rayner_Countdown.jpg

I don't mind a costuming redo but they need to keep it in Hal's scheme and not just take from any Green Lantern.

The Mike
09-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Marc Guggenheim on the Green Lantern film
September 12, 2008

Pluse News, interviewed Marc Guggenheim recently and discussed the work he's been doing on the Green Lantern film:

"I've been working my ass off on Green Lantern," he said, then laughed. "I'm ready for a weekend off. I really can't say too much about it. I've sworn a blood oath of secrecy. I will tell you it features Hal Jordan and is an incredibly faithful rendition of the character. It honors everything everyone loves about the hero. We approach it from a fan's perspective. Every step of the way, we ask ourselves what we want to see and what the fans will want to see. I think we have a script that will actually satisfy on those levels. Right now I'm just doing a rewrite for the studio with Greg [Berlanti] and Michael [Green]. We'll turn that in next week. We just keep moving forward. It's really good stuff!"

He also talks about his work on Spider-Man and the Eli Stone TV Series, for the rest of the interview with Marc Guggenheim click here.

CelticPredator
09-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I like the new costume....

Dr.Mirakle32
09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
The movie concept design looks like a cross between the Batman Returns suit and Iron Man.

JABBATHERIDGE
09-15-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm trying hard not to get too excited about the prospect of a Green Lantern film despite all the news that seems to be leaking out. I'd really like to see one made at last, but, call me a pessimist, but I've a feeling the WB will soon announce back word on all of this again. Hope I'm wrong.

At least the rumours are fairly exciting, I like the fact they're using the Hal Jordan Green Lantern and it means if the initial actor they cast wants to leave after a couple of films they could always bring on Kyle Rayner or John Stewart to replace him in later films. Also Sinestro would kick ass on the big screen.

McHavyck
09-15-2008, 07:24 AM
This is AWESOME NEWS!!!

I returned to comics the day I heard Hal Jordan was reclaiming his ring. I'm hoping a Green Lantern on screen is the best thing we've seen since the original Superman!!!

McHavyck... give us a brief synopsis... I'm interested to hear your take!

sorry, i haven't checked this thread in a while. too manyu negative memories. :lol

as far as a brief synopsis...

mine was also an origin story of Hal Jordan, starting with Abin Sur on the run from Sinestro. At the same time, Jordan is testing a new jet and you know the rest of how Sur and Jordan's paths cross.

So, other than the obvious badguy of Sinestro (a disgraced former member of the GLC) there were some secondary villains in the form of Carl Ferris, owner of the aerospace company that Jordan was a test pilot for. His ambitions and greed put Jordan in harm's way, but also helps Hal arrive at his destiny as the GL for Sector 2814.

At one point, Sinestro kidnaps Carol Ferris and presents her with a gift. The Star Saphire. So, she is also added to the list of bad-guys (well, kinda).

All the fan favs are present and accounted for. The Guardians, Oa, The Manhunters, the rest of the GLC, etc.

Oh and all of this is filmed using comic book like transitions and act/chapter frames that look like comic book covers.

And just to add my own flair, I explain the source of the power that the lanterns and rings harness.

FrankenFan
09-15-2008, 07:27 AM
This article (http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/09/david-boreanaz-and-carla-gugin.html) suggests that David Boreanaz and Carla Gugino could be cast as Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris.

I always thought Boreanaz would make a terrific Batman.

galactiboy
09-15-2008, 08:23 AM
The movie concept design looks like a cross between the Batman Returns suit and Iron Man.

Yeah, not digging the glowing chest... seems odd. Aside from that its not too off.

Aerosmith
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
This article (http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/09/david-boreanaz-and-carla-gugin.html) suggests that David Boreanaz and Carla Gugino could be cast as Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris.

David Boreanaz voiced Hal Jordan in Justice League: The New Frontier.

Rook
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM

Bad call. I loved Angel, and he's not bad in Bones. But I don't think DB has the depth to do a good Hal Jordan.

Darklord Dave
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
The writer of that article is basing this casting on who the concept art looks like? That's pretty weak.

I don't think Boreanz would be bad but the other names in the article are more exciting, especially these 2:Nathan Fillion, Ben Browder.

FrankenFan
09-15-2008, 10:17 AM
The writer of that article is basing this casting on who the concept art looks like? That's pretty weak.

I don't think Boreanz would be bad but the other names in the article are more exciting, especially these 2:Nathan Fillion, Ben Browder.

I can easily see Fillion in the role — he even has the Gil Kane Silver-Age style hair!

The Mike
09-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Nathan Fallon would dominate this role. I really hope it goes to him.

McHavyck
09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Nathan Fallon would dominate this role. I really hope it goes to him.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Dr.Mirakle32
09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Bad call. I loved Angel, and he's not bad in Bones. But I don't think DB has the depth to do a good Hal Jordan.

Even though he was great as Jordan in NEW FRONTIER.

The Mike
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Green Lantern Eyeing Spring Start
Source:FirstShowing.net September 29, 2008

FirstShowing.net caught up with producer Donald De Line, who says the Greg Berlanti-directed Green Lantern is nearing principal photography:

Earlier today I caught up briefly with producer Donald De Line, who is developing the Green Lantern film, and asked him for an update. He told me that "a new draft of the script came in" and they're "gearing up to start shooting early spring." While it's not confirmed, he added that "it's coming together and I'm excited about it. Hopefully we'll make it to start gate. We're really close - really close."

The Warner Bros. Pictures project is based on the comic that was created in 1940 by writer Bill Finger and artist Martin Nodell.

Darklord Dave
10-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Rumor from Latino Review

So yes the word on the Green Lantern is that it is moving along and that rehearsals should start in February for a Spring 2009 shoot.

Earlier, I had received word from someone that the Green Lantern choices have been nailed down and that they were considering Seth Green, Justin Long, and David Boreanaz.

I was like WTF?!

Confused, I went to my guys to get to the bottom of what is going on and to see if it was true.

Thankfully, hell no, not true.

BUT…I did manage to find out something.

You know who the studio wants to wear Abin Sur’s ring and take up the mantle of The Green Lantern?

From my trusted source within the WB, I’m hearing…

RYAN GOSLING

The Mike
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Huh....well he can definitely act. He just doesn't really look like Hal Jordan to me. He would be slightly younger than Hal in theory would be with Bruce running around but not too much....he definitely has grown out of his skinny young Hercules roles but does this say Hal to you?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/akaynumbers/ryan-gosling-is-awesome.jpg

http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/actores/ryan_gosling/fotos/1161/ryan_gosling.jpg

Although everyone doubted Ledger and look what a phenomenal job he did.

wofford29
10-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Gosling is a great choice for Hal.

The Mike
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
[I]‘Green Lantern’ Co-Writer Marc Guggenheim On Casting Superman’s Cameo And Script Changes
Published by Jennifer Vineyard on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 12:21 pm.

The “Green Lantern” movie is rolling right along, co-screenwriter Marc Guggenheim tells us — even if digressions about other comics characters sometimes distract them from the task at hand.

“This morning, we sat down to talk Green Lantern,” Guggenheim told MTV, “and we ended up riffing for an hour and a half on another, much more obscure character. Sometimes, you just have to roll with it when inspiration strikes, you know? I’m sure the studio wouldn’t be happy about it, but we’re not going to blow the deadline. We’ll get it in.”

Guggenheim said that he and fellow screenwriters Michael Green and Greg Berlanti (who’s also directing the film) are on the third studio draft, and they’ve just been refining the script based on studio notes and locations.

“[The changes are] nothing that’s affecting the storyline, really,” he said. “It’s pretty well set. But sometimes we’ll move a scene to a different location for budget purposes, perhaps in an already established location instead of a new one. It’s a question of, which locations can we live without? It’s a constant process to streamline what you’re going through, even after the film is shot, when you’re cutting things in the edit. That’s what the rewrite process is like, how you sand down the roughness of the a movie to its smoothest.”

Besides scripting, Berlanti is in constant talks with the designers such as Aaron Sims (who recently gave us a peek at his “X-Men Origins: Magneto” character designs).

“I’ll come over and drool [at the designs],” Guggenheim said. “I will say that the design work is truly mindblowing, and it’s hard to pick a favorite. But the shots on Oa are spectacular. What Oa looks like has never been seen on film.”

And while there’s already a lot of speculation over who would play Green Lantern — Ryan Gosling? Matthew Settle? David Boreanaz? — what about Clark Kent, who will make a small cameo? Will the part go to someone already established on film or television to be the Man of Steel, like Brandon Routh or Tom Welling?

“There were rumors that Tom Welling would have a cameo in ‘Batman Begins’ as a young Clark Kent, to meet up with a young Bruce Wayne,” Guggenheim noted. “But you have to be careful when you do things like that, because it sounds great in concept, but when you sit down to watch it, it poses the danger of pulling you out of the film.”

But as a self-proclaimed “sucker for a good Easter egg,” Guggenheim said, “The fanboy in me would love that. Robert Downey, Jr. in ‘The Hulk’ was awesome. I love that stuff in general, and I think the fans would enjoy it. Brandon Routh or even Tom Welling would be awesome. And anything is possible. The beauty part of being the writer, though, is that I don’t actually have to make that judgment call.”

For more on the film, be sure to check out our chat with Guggenheim about the comics that inspired his “Green Lantern” screenplay here on Splash Page, too! Who do you think would be good for parts in “Green Lantern”?

The Mike
02-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Martin Campbell Has the Willpower for 'Green Lantern'

Warner Bros. has come up with a really good way of hopefully making a Green Lantern movie as action packed as Casino Royale: they're getting the director of Casino Royale to do it. Good idea, Bros. From Variety:

Warner Bros. is negotiating with Martin Campbell to direct "Green Lantern," the live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.
Campbell last directed "Casino Royale" and recently wrapped the Mel Gibson starrer "Edge of Darkness," based on the 1985 BBC miniseries that Campbell helmed.

The emergence of Campbell, who also helmed two "Zorro" films and the 007 film "GoldenEye," puts "Green Lantern" at the top of DC properties being set for movie treatment by WB.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green.

This definitely has the potential to be one of the best jewelry-and-lighting-based superhero movies to date.

Buttmunch
02-05-2009, 11:32 PM
:lol Casino Royale action-packed? Did I see the same movie. Probably the lightest action-packed Bond ever!

Darklord Dave
02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
:lol Casino Royale action-packed? Did I see the same movie. Probably the lightest action-packed Bond ever!

Maybe they meant to say the best Bond ever. I'm happy with this - he's got a lot of experience and can handle this kind of film.

Buttmunch
02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I could accept that. But it was surprisingly light on action for a Bond film, but it did indeed work. All I can think of is the opening chase, the stair fight, and the sinking building. The rest was character and plot development.

Hopefully GL will have a bit more action than CR though :D

Hulksmashed
02-06-2009, 06:57 AM
I could accept that. But it was surprisingly light on action for a Bond film, but it did indeed work. All I can think of is the opening chase, the stair fight, and the sinking building. The rest was character and plot development.

Hopefully GL will have a bit more action than CR though :D

For a Green Lantern Origin story I would be happy with some action and a lot of character and plot development!

The Mike
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I could accept that. But it was surprisingly light on action for a Bond film, but it did indeed work. All I can think of is the opening chase, the stair fight, and the sinking building. The rest was character and plot development. Hopefully GL will have a bit more action than CR though :D

You're missing the opening sequence where he received his first kill and the Miami Airport bomb sequence.

shiveringmelody
02-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Today, Warner Bros. announced the official release date for Green Lantern: December 17, 2010. One of the crown jewels of DC Comics, this will no doubt light up the box office over the holiday season, and marks a changing of the guard for superhero movies. Usually, men-in-spandex drop into theatres during the summer months, but with Iron Man 2, Thor, and The Green Hornet all set for summer 2010, DC wisely chose to corner the holiday market instead. Currently, the film is scheduled to debut the same weekend as Sony's big screen adaptation of the Smurfs. Blue vs. Green. I'm putting my money on green and guessing that blue will find another date that is a lot more smurfy.

Although the title role has not been set, rumor has it that Warner Bros. is in discussions with Martin Campbell (Casino Royale, GoldenEye) to helm. Let the casting rumors fly.

got this from http://www.ercboxoffice.com/index.php?page=news&news_id=114
as a GL fan, this is some great news

rw23
02-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Good news, glad to see WB is getting off their asses and expanding the superhero palate.

Darthrazz
02-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I think Stephen Sommers would have been the ideal choice for this flick! With Marlon Wayans cast as GL.....................

I KID! I KID!

Green lantern was my favorite read as a kid and I'm super excited about this!

Hulksmashed
02-25-2009, 02:33 PM
If they have any sense at all they will use Geoff Johns recent GL "Secret Origins" arc as the basis for the movie! Even has Sinestro the deceptive villian cloaked as good guy angle! Also touches on the yellow impurity and Hal's ability to over come it!

Darth Snoopy
02-25-2009, 03:56 PM
GL in 2010?!? :rock:rock:rock:rock

Will Ch'p be in it? :monkey3

Dr.Mirakle32
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
First Batman Begins, then Superman Returns, The Dark Knight, The Spirit and Watchmen, and now Green Lantern: It's good to see a golden age of DC films finally come into fruition (and for WB to realize they own more superheroes than just Batman and Superman.) Now where's Wonder Woman?

Hulksmashed
02-26-2009, 05:52 AM
GL in 2010?!? :rock:rock:rock:rock

Will Ch'p be in it? :monkey3

For the LOVE of God I hope not!! :lol

The Mike
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Green Lantern Rumor (That We Hope Is Wrong)

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/yelchin-green-lantern.jpg

Just when the Green Lantern movie was starting to sound cool - epic script and Martin Campbell as director, comes a rumor that is NOT good news. It seems that for some bizarre reason, Warner Bros. wants to go “young” on the Green Lantern movie. The word from Latino Review is that one actor being considered to wear the emerald and black tights is:

Anton Yelchin.

Hoo boy.

Nothing against the guy (should I say, “kid?”) but what the heck is WB thinking? Green Lantern, especially as he exists in the current screenplay can NOT be someone as young as Yelchin. Hal Jordan (GL’s alter ego) is supposed to be a seasoned test pilot, not a kid who isn’t even old enough to have graduated college.

This seems to play into the (currently dead) Justice League movie “teen casting” concept that was also ridiculous. If you remember, the studio was looking to populate that movie with a bunch of fresh, young faces instead of actors in their early to mid 30s, which would have made much more sense. At the time the majority of actors they had in mind were between 19 and 22 years old.

And now they’re considering 19 year old Anton Yelchin for the role of Green Lantern?

Again, at this point this is rumor, but the word is the studio had also been looking at Emile Hirsch (Speed Racer) for the role, but he declined.

Cocoboloboy
02-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Stupid WB. Are they trying to make everything Smallville-esque or something. Sheesh!

karamazov80
02-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Bad idea from the perspective of making a good movie, but a potentially good idea if the idea is to bring in ticket sales from the "Twilight" crowd.

Shai
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I think he looks the part.

Darklord Dave
02-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Stupid WB. Are they trying to make everything Smallville-esque or something. Sheesh!

Except on Smallville, Superboy is 32 years old.

Cocoboloboy
02-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Except on Smallville, Superboy is 32 years old.

:lolTrue. Still caters to a very young crowd though. Especially when it first started. I watch it but if they would have made it a bit less childish it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.

I fear WB is going to direct the theme of GL towards the younguns. The Twilight crowd as karamazov mentioned before.

Batty
04-14-2009, 02:03 PM
New casting news- Brian Austin Green wants the part. After seeing him in TSCC, I can definitely see him as Hal Jordan.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20794

Darth Snoopy
04-14-2009, 04:19 PM
New casting news- Brian Austin Green wants the part. After seeing him in TSCC, I can definitely see him as Hal Jordan.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20794

Hmmm... I have to agree with you, Batty. I think Green could pull it off.

Brian Austin Green or Chris Pine...IMO not bad choices. :D

Darklord Dave
04-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Hmmm... I have to agree with you, Batty. I think Green could pull it off.

Brian Austin Green or Chris Pine...IMO not bad choices. :D

Ya, I'd be cool with either of those too. Although BAG (hmm, unfortunate initials) was kind of one note in T:SCC (and that note was "dour"). I'm not sure he can pull off the wonder and joy that Hal would need.

Darth Snoopy
04-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Ya, I'd be cool with either of those too. Although BAG (hmm, unfortunate initials) was kind of one note in T:SCC (and that note was "dour"). I'm not sure he can pull off the wonder and joy that Hal would need.

:lol:lol Wow...I'm glad I don't have those initials! :lol:lol

The Mike
05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Article by Dark Lantern
'GREEN LANTERN' Gets His Girl?
According to Think McFly Think, Green Lantern director Martin Campbell may have found his Carol Ferris. The lovely Australian actress Rose Byrne, co-star of the marginally successful film Knowing, has read for the part and is reportedly Campbell’s first choice. Byrne can also be seen opposite Glenn Close on FX’s “Damages.” Does she have the chops to play Hal Jordan’s love interest?

Carol Ferris is one of the lesser-known DC Universe babes. After Carol’s father passes away, she inherits Ferris Aircraft, where Jordan works as a test pilot. At times she is written as Lois Lane, headstrong and career-minded, while others she is cold and distant. Byrne’s portrayal could solidify the character for audiences as Gwyneth Paltrow fleshed out Pepper Potts in Iron Man.

Also, Guillermo del Toro’s my pet monster Doug Jones is likely to sign on for an unspecified role. Tomar-Re, perhaps? Stay tuned, B! Kids!

I love Rose Byrne....wouldn't mind if she showed up as Star Sapphire in a sequel.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1626/starsapphires.jpg

Darklord Dave
05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
I love Rose Byrne - although I don't immediately see her as Carol Ferris - but her opposite Chris Pine would be a good pairing.

IrishJedi
05-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna wait until after I see TREK before I decide whether I like Pine as GL.

Byrne is great, though.

Saya
05-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Im really looking forward to this film. And think if it could be done with the same style as Iron Man it has a chance of success.

averone
05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Im really looking forward to this film. And think if it could be done with the same style as Iron Man it has a chance of success.

I hope the formula works.
I am having a friend commission me some GL statues and am banking on this movie to bring the attention it deserves!
What was the release date going to be?

IrishJedi
05-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Saw TREK today. Pine was okay as "Nu-Kirk" but I really don't buy him as Hal Jordan at all.

Saya
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I hope the formula works.
I am having a friend commission me some GL statues and am banking on this movie to bring the attention it deserves!
What was the release date going to be?

looks like it will be a 2010 release date according to this site.

http://www.ercboxoffice.com/index.php?page=news&news_id=114

which I think is smart, to Not put it up against Iron Man 2.

IrishJedi
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Well, according to Drew McWeeney at HitFix (aka "Moriarty" of AICN fame) Bradley Cooper may wind up wearing the ring:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/2009-5-5-hitfix-exclusive-does-the-green-lantern-have-a-hangover

Darklord Dave
05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, according to Drew McWeeney at HitFix (aka "Moriarty" of AICN fame) Bradley Cooper may wind up wearing the ring:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/2009-5-5-hitfix-exclusive-does-the-green-lantern-have-a-hangover

Hmm, we've only seen him play the sensitive boyfriend type - not exactly the first guy I'd have thought of for Hal. And he's older than I'd thought they be going too. But I like him as an actor - it could work.

IrishJedi
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
He's a better choice than Pine, imho (and I saw... and liked... TREK).

The Mike
05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Hmm, we've only seen him play the sensitive boyfriend type - not exactly the first guy I'd have thought of for Hal. And he's older than I'd thought they be going too. But I like him as an actor - it could work.

What? Apparently Dave missed the smash "Wedding Crashers" where he played Sack one the biggest ^^^^^^^s on screen. :lol

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090128/bradley-cooper_l.jpg

Not to mention his turn as Demo in "Failure to Launch" (yeah, I watched it) where he had to be more Zen like but charming to get his way through life.

I still want Pine to be Hal but I think Cooper would rock the ^^^^ out of the role. Mix the cocky arrogant swagger from his Wedding Crashers character with the Zen like understanding of his Failure to Launch character and you've pretty much got Hal Jordan.

http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/Bradley-Cooper-3.jpg

Darklord Dave
05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
What? Apparently Dave missed the smash "Wedding Crashers" where he played Sack on the biggest ^^^^^^^s on screen. :lol

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090128/bradley-cooper_l.jpg

Not to mention his turn as Demo in "Failure to Launch" (yeah, I watched it) where he had to be more Zen like but charming to get his way through life.

I still want Pine to be Hal but I think Cooper would rock the ^^^^ out of the role.

http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/Bradley-Cooper-3.jpg

Okay, okay - but no big action stuff or something where he played a man's man. But I'm sure he can handle the part.

The Mike
05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Well he was in Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train...plenty of action in there and the show "Touching Evil" where he was OSC Agent Mark Rivers. I would say there is a bit of Man's man in there....and one could argue that with all the sports, lame male dialogue and ^^^^^^^ tendancies in Wedding Crashers that it was spoof on the Man's Man he played very well. ;)

IrishJedi
05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Pine is way too Abercombie & Fitch to be Hal Jordan, imho. Cooper kinda is too, but certainly not to the degree of Pine... who is just too vanilla and "pretty". Jordan is a man's man.

Now, pack a few pounds on Pine and I might believe he'd make a decent Steve Rogers.

The Mike
05-05-2009, 09:29 PM
If I could be in charge of casting I'd go Sam Worthington, he looks just like Hal Jordan IMHO.

http://www.ecranlarge.com/upload/wiki/article/small_349891.jpg

http://superherouniverse.com/articles/justiceleague/hal_ringL.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zDxkLCohXSo/RqpXZrUs1nI/AAAAAAAAAQk/XLtHqj8uq3c/s320/haljordan.jpg

wofford29
05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
I would still have preferred Ryan Gosling.

Bamboota
05-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I dunno much about the Green Lantern...but it would be cool to see a movie about him! =D

shiveringmelody
05-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Apparently there are more names in the running for GL.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/07/brian-austin-green-and-shawn-roberts-among-potential-green-lantern-leads/

I for one do not want to see Brian Austin as Hal.

It also seems GL will be pushed backed and up against Thor on June 17th, 2011. 2011 will be a great year!!
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6858&Itemid=99

Dr.Mirakle32
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
After seeing Star Trek, they really need to go with Pine. That Wedding Crashers guy just comes off as a ^^^^.

The Mike
05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
More of the same but still GL News:

Article by Zombiezeus
Green Lantern Movie News!
While Bam!Kapow!’s resident Lantern expert, Dark Lantern, attends to duties no doubt protecting Space Sector 2814, the duty of reporting on Green Lantern news must temporarily fall to someone else (sorry DL, hope I do you proud)…

First with the confirmed stuff:

The release date has been pushed back! For some reason–Superherohype suggests it’s because there’s no lead yet–the movie is now coming out June 17th, 2011, instead of the original release date of December 17, 2010.

Bad idea, Warner Brothers–Marvel Studios is releasing "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers", and Sony is releasing "Spider-Man 4" all in the summer of ‘11. That’s a lot of superheroes to begin with, let alone a newcomer to the movie game. They should have stuck with their original release date come hell or high water; that way the field is WAY less crowded and you can give people a reason to go the movies on their winter/Christmas breaks.

But as to the aforementioned uncasted lead, there’s some news on that front as well. Everyone’s been hoping for Ryan Gosling in the role, but it seems the director, Martin "Casino Royale" Campbell, has other ideas in mind.

Namely, the douchebag from Wedding Crashers, Bradley Cooper.

I don’t buy it. I feel like he’s established himself in too many semi-or-full-on-^^^^^^^ roles to be readily accepted as a hero. Plus he just doesn’t look like a hero. Apparently, he’s got tons of positive advance word of mouth from this summer’s "Old School"-esque comedy "The Hangover", and the success of that might determine his chances at wearing the ring. But to me–it just doesn’t feel right. Plus he’s a tad over the hill for the role…

Other names being tossed around are Brian Austin "Yes, From 90210" Green and someone named Shawn Roberts. Check it out straight from the horse’s mouth over at Latinoreview , who broke the Shawn Roberts news in the first place…

Shawn Roberts:
http://ladymarjorie.blogia.com/upload/20080115172816-shawn-roberts.jpg

Darklord Dave
05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
After seeing Trek, I'm even more supportive of Pine in the role. If they're going young as has been said, Cooper is too old for the role.

DinoLast
05-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I have just checked out Bradley Cooper's pictures because I have never heard of him
And I have to say, I could see him playing Hal Jordan

The Mike
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
The funny thing is I could see Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper and Chris Pine all playing Hal and it'd be different roles for all three. If they are going young it'll be Pine or Gosling, the thing is whether or not they'll be available. The hard one I'm having trouble picturing is Brian Austin Green.... They moved the date of Green Lantern to delay it a bit which means it'd be shooting either right next to our up against a Star Trek sequel in theory and Pine is already signed for two more of those. He may not be an option depending on shooting schedules.

Darklord Dave
05-10-2009, 03:56 PM
The hard one I'm having trouble picturing is Brian Austin Green.... They moved the date of Green Lantern to delay it a bit which means it'd be shooting either right next to our up against a Star Trek sequel in theory and Pine is already signed for two more of those. He may not be an option depending on shooting schedules.

I would have said the same thing before Sarah Connor Chronicles - I thought he played the tough guy well in that, and he has the right look for Hal.

IrishJedi
05-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Pine just doesn't LOOK at all like Hal Jordan. He's more pretty-boy GQ than hardened tough Test Pilot. I couldn't buy him as GL unless he was the Kyle Rayner version (which thank God is no longer than canon GL)

Dr Daystrom
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I would have said the same thing before Sarah Connor Chronicles - I thought he played the tough guy well in that, and he has the right look for Hal.

Agreed. I think he could pull it off.

jnmx2000
05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
After seeing Trek, I'm even more supportive of Pine in the role. If they're going young as has been said, Cooper is too old for the role.

my thoughts exactly, after seeing star trek, I actually want pine to be GL, he just looks right for the role of a hero, he most reminds me of peter parker for some reason.

Saya
05-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I could see Cooper or Pine but definately not Green or Gosling. Man Not Gosling! I think out of all of them Pine might be the best pick if people can disassociate him from the trek film.

IrishJedi
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Pine. Does. Not. Look. Like. Hal. Jordan. :nono

The Mike
05-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I still say that Sam Worthington looks most like Hal Jordan and am upset his name isn't floating around as possibles.

IrishJedi
05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I still say that Sam Worthington looks most like Hal Jordan and am upset his name isn't floating around as possibles.

Give it a couple of weeks... it just might.

Darklord Dave
05-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Pine. Does. Not. Look. Like. Hal. Jordan. :nono

Yes. he. does.
As much as any actor can look like a comic book character. I'd say Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling (especially Gosling) don't. look. like. Hal. Jordan.

Entropy
05-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Out of Worthington, Pine, Cooper, Green and Gosling, I'd go with Pine. He's a tad young but has got a good temperament and look and I could definitely see him grow into the role. Cooper and Gosling are just wrong and I'm just not a big fan of Worthington. He's got a constipated cro-magnon thing going on I don't shine to.

IrishJedi
05-11-2009, 12:40 AM
:lol You guys might as well suggest Channing Tatum.

Saya
05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Cant go just by how they look have to go by acting abitity as well. otherwise the movie will be awful. I think Pine is the better actor over Cooper and can actually "be" Green Lantern. Not sure if Cooper can pull it off without it being campy.

Hulksmashed
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I think that Pine looks every bit the part of GL. I think its safe to say that Pine can portray a cocky and capable pilot that fears nothing :lol

To me, its more about the feel of the character then the look. Id rather have someone that looks CLOSE to the character and feels perfect then someone that looks perfect and feels close....

The Mike
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
:lol You guys might as well suggest Channing Tatum.

Bite. Your. Tongue

(Writing with additional periods is fun!)

Cant go just by how they look have to go by acting abitity as well. otherwise the movie will be awful. I think Pine is the better actor over Cooper and can actually "be" Green Lantern. Not sure if Cooper can pull it off without it being campy.

Cooper has range, more than people give him credit for. If you really watch his films he plays very different characters convincingly. Now since the general populus doesn't know who he is and isn't giving him much credit I would say that trend might continue with Producers and he might be bumped out for a more A list star.

Saya
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
checking out that link on the previous page they are also considering Shawn Roberts who played in Land of the Dead and Diary of the dead: both good zombie flicks but not what Id consider great "acting" movies. I think choosing Shawn Roberts would be a big mistake. If Pine Is out of the running Id say Choose Cooper.

Darklord Dave
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Cooper was excellent and showed a lot of range in Alias. But I still see him as a romantic comedy guy rather than an action hero. Tatum looks too dumb for Hal.

The Mike
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Huh.....someone up there is humoring me....

Article by Brian Kronner
Sam Worthington Could Be Green Lantern?
Australian actor Sam Worthington is about to become a household name. His involvement in Terminator Salvation, Avatar and Clash of the Titans is sure to have him in the Hollywood spotlight the next couple of years. Well now you might be able to add another potential blockbuster to the list. In an interview with Christina Radish for IESB.net, he was asked about a certain superhero…

Christina Radish:
Were you ever approached for The Green Lantern?

Sam: I think they’ve been talking to people. I’ve been talking to (director) Martin Campbell about it. It’s one of those things where they’re still doing the script. I said, “Give me a script. Let me have a look at it.” I like Martin a lot. I met him on the Bond stuff, and I like his work, but the second step is, “Is it a movie that I’d go and see?”

So nothing definitive, but one more name to add to the stable of possibilities.

Saya
05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
yeah I read an article about him considering the role as soon as he sees the script. may even be that same article. Thing is I dont think Cooper is out of the running. On IMDB both Cooper and Worthington show as being considered for the role. I really dont have anything to go by with Worthington, I havent seen him in anything. guess Ill have to wait till I see Terminator S.

intothevoid
05-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Worthington really looks the part, and from what i'm hearing, he is a very talented actor - if it happens, this could turn out to be a great choice

Darklord Dave
05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Worthington really looks the part, and from what i'm hearing, he is a very talented actor - if it happens, this could turn out to be a great choice

And Hot Toys has a head start on the Green Lantern figure from the T:S Marcus.

The Mike
05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Check this fan trailer out.....not bad.....rough but not bad....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DarkArtist81
05-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Not too bad... makes me wish there were an actual GL movie out right now. They did overuse Star Trek though a bit, but still... not bad at all.

Darklord Dave
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
That is VERY impressive - a lot of work went into it. And I can definitely see Fillion as an older Hal.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DarkArtist81
05-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, it's pretty crisp in places too... Some really good blending there. And I loved the scale used for everything, really gave you that epic feeling.

I'm really happy they waited so long to do a GL movie, because now is the perfect time to do it. CGI is to that point where almost anything is possible, unlike maybe a decade ago. Or even 5 yrs ago. With this advantage, they can really go all out with a GL movie and not have to hold back the grand scale that we see in the comics.

Dee Nice2
05-22-2009, 10:40 PM

not bad, looks pretty cool so far

Saya
05-23-2009, 05:55 PM
That was really fun to watch. wouldnt have thought of Fillon as the GL tho. but still a great trailer. It makes me REALLY want to see the real thing.

Darth Snoopy
05-25-2009, 07:57 AM
That was a pretty good fan made GL trailer! :rock

Chapter 2099
05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
That is VERY impressive - a lot of work went into it. And I can definitely see Fillion as an older Hal.

Agreed. Agreed. And AGREED! That trailer was AMAZING. After seeing that, I want Fillion now! :banana

I know it was a fan-made trailer, but somebody needs to get the WB to hire this guy.

dharper
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Too bad this isn't real. I would love to see a GL movie.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The Mike
06-30-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56702&highlight=green+lantern

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1700240&postcount=105

dharper
06-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Whoops. Missed it.

DeltaForceChung
06-30-2009, 10:27 PM
IF & WHEN Hollywood gets around to a live action GL film . . . will it be Hal Jordan, Jon Stewart, or Kyle Raynor?

It's been a long while since I followed the comics, but . . .

I can see a modern retcon of GL using Hal Jordan or possibly Jon Stewart.

I believe there is a DCU animated direct to DVD feature coming out soon for GL?

The Mike
06-30-2009, 11:21 PM
They are making a Green Lantern live action film and it will star Hal Jordan. There is a discussion thread existing in the Movie/TV forum.

Batty
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
It looks like it's going to be either Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds or Justin Timberlake. :monkey4

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i8a6a2617e4c79ad17252c270de3b7527

Darklord Dave
07-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Whoa, both Reynolds and Timberlake would be okay for a Wally West Flash but I don't see them as Hal Jordan. And I would have thought that Bradley Cooper is too old.

Hulksmashed
07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Timberlake???? Oh lord...if he gets it ill be sooo upset. Not to mention you know the line "Are our rings In-Synch?" will be thrown in there some where.

Valfar
07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Oh yea, watch Timberlake get it lol!..and Beyonce will get Wonder Woman..i can't stand it when non-fans of these characters beg to play them in movies just to have the bragging rights, absolutely retarded!.

Shai
07-10-2009, 10:24 AM
timberlake ..loll..you DC fans guys are ^^^^ed..

shiveringmelody
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Although I like Timberlake, he is nowhere close in my mind of being Hal.

Reynold....again I'm a fan, but he is Wade and that's how I will see him.

Just leaves Cooper and......he is certainly the best pick of the 3 in my opinion. Not the 3 I would have in mind, yet I continue to hold out hope for this flick. I mean it's up there with Avenger's as my most anticipated flick.

IrishJedi
07-10-2009, 06:17 PM
This just in...

it's RYAN REYONOLDS!!!

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/07/ryan-reynolds-is-the-green-lantern.html

Batty
07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Ryan Reynolds it is.

Ryan Reynolds has landed the coveted role of “Green Lantern,” getting the starring role in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.

Martin Campbell will direct. The studio is still working on the picture’s budget, but production is expected to begin in January.

The news caps off a memorable summer for Reynolds, who played Deadpool in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” a performance that prompted Fox to begin development on a spinoff film. Reynolds followed that by starring opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy “The Proposal,” which crossed the $100 million mark this week.

Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with “The Hangover” star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto. The momentum built for Reynolds in the last week, as he was the only actor whose option was extended.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Donald DeLine will produce with Berlanti. Reynolds’ reps at UTA are working out his deal.

The actor will next star in “Buried,” a dark indie drama that will begin filming shortly in Barcelona with Spanish director Rodrigo Cortes. Reynolds will play a civilian contractor who is kidnapped in Iraq and awakes in a coffin, struggling against time to coordinate a rescue even though he doesn’t know where he’s buried in the desert.

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/07/ryan-reynolds-is-the-green-lantern.html?nid=2854

The Mike
07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
He went from possibly playing Wally West in Goyer's THE FLASH and setting up his role in DEADPOOL to playing Hal? That is very shocking. I'm surprised that WB would want an active Marvel actor to be in this....I think he can look the part but I hope they don't turn Hal into too much Ryan Reynolds instead of the other way around.

IrishJedi
07-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Hal Jordan > Wally West. And just about any director is better than Goyer. I don't blame Reynolds for the choice, at all.

As far as him playing Deadpool, I really doubt DC/WB cares... especially since that character's live action portrayal at the end of WOLVERINE is a laughing-stock. Reynolds probably wants to distance himself from it for a bit.

Darklord Dave
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Reynolds already signed on to do a Deadpool spin-off, although this might kill that.

I really like Reynolds - but he's a similar character in everything he does, and that character is NOT Hal Jordan. But I do think he's a decent actor, so hopefully he can grow into it.

karamazov80
07-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I really like Reynolds - but he's a similar character in everything he does, and that character is NOT Hal Jordan. But I do think he's a decent actor, so hopefully he can grow into it.
Pretty much my thoughts. He was fine as Deadpool, I could even see him as Wally West, but I don't see him as Hal at all. But who knows? Maybe he can pull it off somehow.

plasmid303
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Have you guys watched Blade: Trinity? Reynolds was the only shining light in that film, unless you count Jessica Biel's ipod product schilling while punching vampires.

I've seen most of Reynold's films, he is diversifying his starring roles. Smokin' Aces, X-Men, Definitely Maybe, The Proposal. He still needs a break-out role, though. He's the reason why I'm finally giving the GL film project more than a passing glance.

However, I really thought Bradley cooper had the look and demeanor. Oh well, as long as it isn't Timberlake.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/8/2009/07/504x_greenlantern.jpg

Saya
07-10-2009, 07:57 PM
this surprised me. I was getting used to the idea of worthington or Pine being in this role. but I must say that Timberlake would be awful in this so at least there is a rainbow of hope.

Voorhees27
07-10-2009, 08:00 PM
this surprised me. I was getting used to the idea of worthington or Pine being in this role. but I must say that Timberlake would be awful in this so at least there is a rainbow of hope.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2zri2ih.jpg

Valfar
07-10-2009, 08:02 PM

LMAO!! thats the best!!...Worthington would had made a great Hal Jordan.

Darklord Dave
07-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Timberlake has earned a lot of respect from me for his appearances on SNL. He definitely has some acting chops, although I'd rather see him in a comedy. But I have to say he'd be my last choice of the 3 mentioned.

plasmid303
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree, Dave. Though most of us guffaw at the idea of Timberlake as an actor, he has been mostly praised for his serious onscreen performances so far. I really liked the film Alpha Dog (sad, sad movie) and JT was actually pretty good. I did not like Richard Kelly's Southland Tales, but not in spite of JT.

Saya
07-10-2009, 10:30 PM

:rotfl:rotfl you know, he's starting to grow on me.....:lol

Saya
07-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I just hope reynolds can pull it off without making it a complete comedy. He was great in blade trinity and pretty much made that movie bareable but Green lantern should be taken seriously. (imo)

Darth Snoopy
07-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Ryan Reynolds, eh? That's ok with me.

Martin Campbell kicked arse with Casino Royale so I think he will bring some serious action to GL.

Bamboota
07-11-2009, 02:42 PM
The shoulda made him a black guy

The Mike
07-11-2009, 07:07 PM
No offense against John Stewart fans but there is ONLY ONE GREEN LANTERN!

^^^^ John Stewart. ^^^^ Kyle Rayner. ^^^^ Guy Gardner. :lol

http://www.dcuguide.com/glcorps/images/greenlantern2.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/7601/Ryan%20Reynolds%20Green%20Lantern%20.jpg

You know who would have made a decent Hal Jordan back in the day:

http://homepage.mac.com/joebergeron/webpageimages/halrose.jpg

Cocoboloboy
07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I think Reynolds will do a fine job. Hal is definitely a wisecracking dude but I hope Reynolds can temper that with some serious acting. GL wasn't always cutting up.

DarthNeil
07-12-2009, 05:45 AM
I just watched ADVENTURELAND last night and Reynolds was great in that. I have to say that I'm pleased with the choice-- Now tha big question can go back to being who are they going to cast in CAPTAIN AMERICA?

Darth Snoopy
07-12-2009, 05:47 AM
No offense against John Stewart fans but there is ONLY ONE GREEN LANTERN!

^^^^ John Stewart. ^^^^ Kyle Rayner. ^^^^ Guy Gardner. :lol

http://www.dcuguide.com/glcorps/images/greenlantern2.jpg

QFT! :lecture :lecture :lecture

No offense to Alan Scott (Golden Age GL) fans either. :D

DinoLast
07-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Who's the Arch villian?
I have to go with Sinestro.
Played by T-bag

DinoLast
07-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Who's the Arch villian?
I have to go with Sinestro.
Played by T-bag

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg10/kea_mewmew/t-bag.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/discoking090/sinestro.jpg

Grange Wallis
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I've decided to do a photoshop... I hope they get a great actor for Sinestro... Jude Law or Paul Bettany maybe? They have until Jan 2010 to get toned...

I honestly think the powers that be will run with military aspect of the Green Lantern Corp and develop a military style into the suits design... I just get that feeling.

However... I hope it has looks classic or a little something like this! I did this at work... done all my work for the day and am a bit bored! I simply shopped his head on to Chris Evans' FF suit. Hope you like it. :D

Can't wait to see Ryan in the actual suit!!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o58/grangewallis/Ryan-Green-Lantern.jpg

averone
07-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I've decided to do a photoshop... I hope they get a great actor for Sinestro... Jude Law or Paul Bettany maybe? They have until Jan 2010 to get toned...

I honestly think the powers that be will run with military aspect of the Green Lantern Corp and develop a military style into the suits design... I just get that feeling.

However... I hope it has looks classic or a little something like this! I did this at work... done all my work for the day and am a bit bored! I simply shopped his head on to Chris Evans' FF suit. Hope you like it. :D

Not bad!
I can see it now! Maybe this will work!

DinoLast
07-13-2009, 01:58 AM

Jude Law ? Please god no. That guy is a Boxoffice disaster

Grange Wallis
07-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Jude Law ? Please god no. That guy is a Boxoffice disaster

You're face is a Box Office Disaster! :lol

True... I was just thinking about someone who can act... Paul Bettany would be good... He plays a great bad guy!

DinoLast
07-13-2009, 05:00 AM
You're face is a Box Office Disaster! :lol

True... I was just thinking about someone who can act... Paul Bettany would be good... He plays a great bad guy!

:monkey2 :monkey2

Your cruel words have broke my heart

Hulksmashed
07-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Ryan Renolds has the potential to be great or suck IMO. If he can just slightly tweak his normal on screen persona just a bit it might work. He definately has an on screen "confidence" which is what needs to shine through for Hal Jordan as opposed to the comedy relief. A few wise cracks and quick wit wouldbe fine, but Jordan is far from a jokester.

My opinion...they should have Goeff Johns write the script, or at least the over all story! That dude knows how to write Hal Jordan!

Saya
07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I just dont want it to be turned into some awful comedy. Does anyone remember the Phantom? With Billy Zane? man that Blew!

Hulksmashed
07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I just dont want it to be turned into some awful comedy. Does anyone remember the Phantom? With Billy Zane? man that Blew!

Dude...it was originally going to be a Jack Black movie! we just need to thank our lucky stars that we are at least getting a serious attempt!

I have a feeling this movie will fuse the Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan personas into one character. A serious cocky, no fear test pilot with an abbrasive and sarcastic attitude....

Darth Snoopy
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
...they should have Goeff Johns write the script, or at least the over all story! That dude knows how to write Hal Jordan!

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Geoff Johns is a brilliant writer!

I just picked up GL #43, the prologue to Blackest Night, and all I can say is...WOW!

DinoLast
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
The movie has three writers
Greg Berlanti
Michael Green
Marc Guggenheim

Hulksmashed
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
The movie has three writers
Greg Berlanti
Michael Green
Marc Guggenheim

Hmm...i dont know if thats good. Too many ideas can lead to convolution.....

The Mike
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
TDK had three writers as well: David S. Goyer, Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan. I'm not worried. After the success of The Dark Knight, that barometer will hold for DC films for a bit which means that while cloning won't be possible the films will be taken more seriously.

Saya
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Im not complaining....too much :lol If the writing is good and he can pull it off then it should be good. :rolleyes:

The Mike
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Greg Berlanti recently did Brothers and Sisters which is a great show with witty intelligent dialogue, Michael Green worked on the first and best season of Heroes....the only downer is that Marc Guggenheim's most recent work is Wolverine: Origins. The good news is that he was the first draft and revisionist with Green and Berlanti both revising the second draft so I have high hopes.

Hulksmashed
07-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Greg Berlanti recently did Brothers and Sisters which is a great show with witty intelligent dialogue, Michael Green worked on the first and best season of Heroes....the only downer is that Marc Guggenheim's most recent work is Wolverine: Origins. The good news is that he was the first draft and revisionist with Green and Berlanti both revising the second draft so I have high hopes.

If any of the lanterns show up with Barraka claws im gonna be upset :lol

Saya
07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
thats good news Mike, then there is some hope for it after all.

Darth Snoopy
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Way to keep us GL fans updated, Mike! :rock

The Mike
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/blog.php?b=51

(Yes, I am shameless promoting my blog)

Bamboota
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Has any one seen this fan art!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/BAMBOOTA/zz0f8b57c92.jpg

I still think he would have made a better Flash.

Grange Wallis
07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Has any one seen this fan art!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/BAMBOOTA/zz0f8b57c92.jpg

I still think he would have made a better Flash.

That looks great... Almost looks real!

Darth Snoopy
07-17-2009, 06:50 AM
That's a really good fan made pic!

Cocoboloboy
07-17-2009, 07:35 AM
That's a good suit design too. It would look great on the screen as well as a 1:6 figure. I sure hope they don't try to "tech" his look all up with armor and padding and whatnot.

Hulksmashed
07-17-2009, 08:14 AM
That's a good suit design too. It would look great on the screen as well as a 1:6 figure. I sure hope they don't try to "tech" his look all up with armor and padding and whatnot.

The difficulty for the suit IMO is going to be making it look like a construct of solid light while keeping it from looking cartoonish and cheesy. Needs just the right amount of luminescence....

Cocoboloboy
07-17-2009, 08:24 AM
The difficulty for the suit IMO is going to be making it look like a construct of solid light while keeping it from looking cartoonish and cheesy. Needs just the right amount of luminescence....

Good point. He doesn't constantly glow in the comics though. It's usually only when he's flying that he has a green aura around him.

Darklord Dave
07-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Good point. He doesn't constantly glow in the comics though. It's usually only when he's flying that he has a green aura around him.

But I really like what they've done with the new suit's emblem, where it's projecting a light image on the active lanterns, but turned off on the trainees. But I wouldn't mind a more padded, slimline space suit kind of uniform. However if anyone could pull off the spandex, it's Reynolds.

Hulksmashed
07-17-2009, 11:40 AM

Yeah, originally the suit was just a normal old super hero suit. More recently they updated things so that the suit is actually a hard light construct formed from the unconsious will to protect themselves. That's why each lanterns costume is slightly different. Each person's armor is a reflection of thier own style/personality. Human lanterns have the most diversity in suit style because we are more "volitile" and "primitive" in seeking out our individuality.

Im a huge fan of that concept, and hope they don't standardize the suit into a set uniform or at least allow for a few differences. I also hope that there is some way that they can't show, or at least explore the idea that the suit is formed from light and not just spandex!

Cocoboloboy
07-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah, originally the suit was just a normal old super hero suit. More recently they updated things so that the suit is actually a hard light construct formed from the unconsious will to protect themselves. That's why each lanterns costume is slightly different. Each person's armor is a reflection of thier own style/personality. Human lanterns have the most diversity in suit style because we are more "volitile" and "primitive" in seeking out our individuality.

Im a huge fan of that concept, and hope they don't standardize the suit into a set uniform or at least allow for a few differences. I also hope that there is some way that they can't show, or at least explore the idea that the suit is formed from light and not just spandex!

But I really like what they've done with the new suit's emblem, where it's projecting a light image on the active lanterns, but turned off on the trainees. But I wouldn't mind a more padded, slimline space suit kind of uniform. However if anyone could pull off the spandex, it's Reynolds.

I haven't read any of the real recent GL comics. I remember Kyle designed his own suit when he got the ring but I don't remember them changing the suit so that the emblem projects light onto active Lanterns.

That would be cool if they came at the suit from the light construct angle but I definitely hope they wouldn't get too far away from the spandex. At least not TDK suit far.

Spartan Rex
07-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Scarlett Johanson was at SDCC ,there to discuss her new role as Black Widow in “Iron Man 2,” was set to appear on her panel with Robert Downey Jr. and other cast members. Ryan was just cast as the lead in “Green Lantern,” a Warner Brothers flick. An insider tells FOX411 “they got in a huge fight just before they were going to Comic Con. It caused such a rift between them that Ryan refused to attend the conference and he told Scarlett she could go alone. She got so angry she threatened to take off her wedding band.”

The conference continued as normal, with a notably absent Ryan missing from the Warner Brothers panel. The company had planned on debuting major plans for the new superhero movie, and now insider says Ryan has “angered the executives.” Apparently Scarlett began the fight but came out smelling like rose thanks to her appearance at the conference.

“Ryan pulled out at the last minute and word spread fast. He isn’t making a show of good faith to the Warner team after they battled over the decision making him ‘Green Lantern’,” says our snitch. “Scarlett ended up looking like the true professional and acted as if nothing was wrong, answering questions for fans and posing for pictures. It was not a good way for Ryan to begin his work as the star of the movie.”

The Mike
07-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I haven't read any of the real recent GL comics. I remember Kyle designed his own suit when he got the ring but I don't remember them changing the suit so that the emblem projects light onto active Lanterns.

Its a new thing, really recent from GL: Reborn canon.

The Mike
09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
A clip of Bradley Cooper talking about how he ^^^^ed up the GL Audition:

<embed src="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/xplayer/yo033.swf?nowmode" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="335" swliveconnect="true" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="e=4bffc0037b3a3a49328d685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a4495 1a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f0947d4e15d253124c7 d296b9a2a5d695fdd446d15f64f11765e48d3d69f68730fac7 d00a1d8962a02723d09accafe3f4ff222b&width=420&height=335&pid=wo003&autostart=false&allowscriptaccess=always&usefullscreen=true&esnapshot=4bffc0037b3a3a493b90685cccfc7c21cc002973 d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f094ccde270 2233248cd6a6aab5a7c789fbc74b9b4179bb1172a6967b28a4 d874aa9f9c481d8e75a73022d1c093f8&trueurl=http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php"></embed>

Link in case the embed doesn't work
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14870

Interestingly enough Daniel Craig's name is being thrown around now as a possible Sinestro.

The Mike
09-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Green Lantern Casting Call Details

As Super Hero Hype just told us, Spoiler TV has posted this casting call for Warner Bros’ GREEN LANTERN. It looks something like this:

[CAROL FERRIS]
26-32, a smart and attractive woman with an MBA. She started as a pilot and now runs Ferris Aircraft. She is a work-a-holic…FEMALE LEAD

[DR. HECTOR HAMMOND]
27-35, Character actor who is austere and impersonal, he is real "scummy." He is a pathologist and also the son of a Senator.

[SINESTRO]
Mid-30s to Mid-40s, he is smart, tough, intimidating and in great physical shape.

[ABIN SUR]
Mid-30s to mid-40s, he is a great warrior.

Well, I figured you were all dying to know who I thought should be cast in these roles, so I’ll tell you.

[CAROL FERRIS] 26-32, a smart and attractive woman with an MBA. She started as a pilot and now runs Ferris Aircraft. She is a work-a-holic…FEMALE LEAD

[Here are the writer's picks]

Well back in May THINK MCFLY THINK reported that Australian actress Rose Byrne (Left) is Martin Campbell’s first choice. Michelle Ryan’s name (right) has also been brought up in discussions.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3079/byrneiscarol.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6686/michelleryane.jpg

And while I have no problems with either choice, my pick however would Emily Blunt, who was great in SUNSHINE CLEANING. She also seems to have the acting chops to pull off which role she lands.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6363/emilybluntl.jpg

I also like Maggie Siff, SONS OF ANARCHY’s Dr. Tara Knowles. I think she can play the hardass, business like persona and can act to boot. She was also in the underrated PUSH. Problem is she’s older than 32…

[DR. HECTOR HAMMOND] 27-35, Character actor who is austere and impersonal, he is real "scummy." He is a pathologist and also the son of a Senator.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6752/hammond2.jpg

Talk about a weirdo. I doubt that they will morph his head in the movie, so we’ll just try and go off the initial, non-mutated look. Now this one may be a bit out there, but I like Pill Paxton for the role.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4453/hammond3.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9516/hammond4r.jpg

Just think of that scene in TRUE LIES where he pisses himself. BAD-ASS. I know it says ’27-35’, and Paxton is 53, but come on, he’d be awesome. If he has to be under 35, than how about my boy Glenn Howerton? That’s right gang, put a mustache on IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA ‘s Dennis Reynolds and you’re good to go. Booyah.

[SINESTRO] Mid-30s to Mid-40s, he is smart, tough, intimidating and in great physical shape.

GL’s arch-enemy, the most recognizable of all the Green Lantern villains, you need a top-notch performance to play Sinestro. Like Ledger and Nicholson in the Batman movies, a great villain can make your superhero movie. You got Gen. Zod in SUPERMAN II = Good. Nuclear Man in SUPERMAN IV = Bad. So assuming DC saw Ledger’s effect last year, I think the casting of this part will be just as, if not more important than Reynolds as Hal. Inter-Neters have suggested everyone from Daniel Craig to Jason Isaacs to Hugo Weaving.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/56/sinestro2.jpg

Well I think, if they can get him, Daniel Day Lewis is my one and only choice. I know I’m not the first to suggest it, but it doesn’t have to be original to be right. In fact, while looking for a good picture I actually found a list from MTV that suggested the same thing.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4050/sinestro3.jpg

The casting call asks for “Mid 30’s to Mid 40’s” but there isn’t a producer on Earth who would turn down the 52 year old Lewis if they thought they could get him. And after Ledger’s Oscar, Lewis may be more willing to consider a superhero movie…

[ABIN SUR] Mid-30s to mid-40s, he is a great warrior.
Abin Sur, the man who passes the ring to Hal Jordan. A legend among the Lanterns, he is the wise passer of knowledge that continues to help Hal even from beyond the grave.

My choice is space veteran Captain Malcolm Reynolds! Nathan Fillion has got tie-ins all over the place. He’s got history with DC after voicing Steve Trevor in their WONDER WOMAN animated movie as well as work on a couple episodes of JUSTICE LEAGUE. Next, he was in 60 episodes of "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" with Hal Jordan himself, Ryan Reynolds. Finally, and most importantly, he is endeared himself to dorks across the spectrum. His work in the Joss Whedon Universe, spanning from Buffy to Dr. Horrible to Firefly, has made him a star among comic geeks everywhere. Or at least with me.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3451/nathanob.jpg

So there you have, that is what DC is looking for and what I’d suggest they go after. Now I realize the odds of landing Daniel Day Lewis in a movie head-lined by Ryan Reynolds is unlikely, but I can dream can’t I?

plasmid303
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM
The cast has to support and bolster Reynold's performance, not overshadow it, so I really don't think Daniel Day Lewis would be in consideration. As for the others, I'm fine with whoever, but I do really like Rose Byrne. She's hot, but an intelligent man's kind of hot, sorta like Rachel Weisz.

That Bradley Cooper clip was funny and a bit sad too. I think he would've made a great Green Lantern, though I have no issue with Reynolds.

The Mike
09-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Some new news.

Green Lantern

Comic book writer Rob Liefeld, who is close to the Green Lantern production, revealed some over-arching aspects of the setting and plot:

He has seen most of the storyboards for the Green Lantern film and he claims that it looks fantastic. He said that if they could translate what is on the storyboards to film, the movie would be amazing. Over one-third of the movie is set on OA, the home world of the Green Lanterns. The film will have numerous Green Lanterns, including fan favorite Kilowag and Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) mentor turned archenemy, Sinestro.

FQRizzo
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Some new news.

Green Lantern

Comic book writer Rob Liefeld, who is close to the Green Lantern production, revealed some over-arching aspects of the setting and plot:

He has seen most of the storyboards for the Green Lantern film and he claims that it looks fantastic. He said that if they could translate what is on the storyboards to film, the movie would be amazing. Over one-third of the movie is set on OA, the home world of the Green Lanterns. The film will have many pouches and characters with really, really big thighs.

Fixed. :D

MooMooEgg
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Fixed. :D

hahaha. not just thighs, but everything will be anatomically incorrect, and there'll be a lack of backgrounds with lots of random "motion" lines thrown all over the place :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

But seriously, I couldn't care less with Liefield says about anything. I really hope the film will truly be good, and isn't just Liefield's interpretation of good...

hairlesswookiee
09-26-2009, 01:51 PM
That'a a good line up Mike. Anything with Agent Smight and Malcolm Reynolds is a big WIN for me!!!! I'm not so sure about Daniel Day Lewis though.... I'm not sure I can picture him as Sinestro and in good enough shape to portray him.

Buttmunch
09-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Hugo Weaving looks great as Sinestro in that mock-up. He gets my vote :rock

The Mike
09-26-2009, 04:04 PM
The thing about Weaving is that it almost obvious. I wouldn't mind them going for someone like Hugh Laurie or even Ralph Fiennes. Although the leading rumor is that Daniel Craig is up for Sinestro and if you look at the quick manipulations it isn't horrible.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7430/craigsinestrored.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9593/craigsinestro.jpg

MooMooEgg
09-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Someone do a Hugh Laurie mock shop! (I don't have the skills.) He does have the long face and tall, lanky body to fit the character.

Buttmunch
09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Eh, I still say Weaving. What else does he got to do? Craig is Bond and Laurie is House. They are plenty busy enough without getting sucked into another series like this. It might even prevent them from using Sinestro again if they are busy on those other shows. I'd love for them to eventually do the Sinestro Corp War (I assume Blackest Night isnt' do-able in non-cartoon form) and they'd need Sinestro again to do that.

The Mike
09-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Green Lantern has the potential to be the biggest franchise in DC history, yes bigger than Batman. It also has a chance to be the biggest flop ever put on screen. There is a chance for them to really do it right with all of the space, aliens, powers, history to really capture the fans like a mix of Superhero and Sci-Fi. It could also be a laughing stock and look really cheesy.

Sinestro is the first villain because the tale of Hal Jordan cannot be told without him but there are so many Green Lantern villains that do not even include Sinestro. Don't look for Sin to be the Lex Luthor of this franchise and appear everywhere. Hugh Laurie missed out on being Perry White due to House and even though it tanked he still said he regretted it. This is his chance. Craig is trying desperately to diversify so he can continue to do Bond but not only Bond, this is a perfect opportunity.

As for the timeline, they are actively retconning Jordan's history for the film so the Sinestro Corp War is still possible but probably not planned for a few movies down the line. If the film is a success they are really looking to give it a real alien spin wanting the visuals to really pop with strange looking characters. Think "First Flight" in real life.

Buttmunch
09-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I totally expect this to be just like first flight. And the obvious sequel to first flight would be the Sinestro Corps War.

The Mike
09-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Actually I would disagree. There is a lot of history in the Sinestro Corps War that even if compressed wouldn't be viable for a sequel immediate. Even if they retcon the history or tell it in flashback or side story it still needs components from Rebirth to have it make sense. While Hollywood is quick to slam decades of history into 2 hours, I hope that the producers actually put a film in between to really flush it out right.

Buttmunch
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree, but for most audiences I don't think having the bad guy from the first film formign his own corps would be that much of a stretch. Maybe a bit quick, yeah, but not unbelievable. Maybe they could just show Sinestro starting to build up the corps in a second film and have the third film be the Sinestro Corps War. I would love a Blackest Night film, but I honestly don't see that happening in live action. Animation could work though.

hairlesswookiee
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
That Craig picture doesn't look too bad, but that mustache looks so strange on him. I'd say do it!!! He's in good enough shape to give the ladies a smile and with Reynolds also wearing the tight suit there's no way the GF would say no to seeing it.

Buttmunch
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
You don't know he will be wearing a tight suit. X-men didn't exactly wear skin-tight spandex in the film.

The Mike
09-28-2009, 10:37 AM
The original conceptuals of the costume have it looking like a cross between the X-Men Uniform and the Spider-Man uniform in terms of "tightness"

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/green-lantern-concept-02.jpg

Those were not accepted, one of the reasons being that it looks too much like Kyle's Ion Costuming, and they are starting from scratch but I would expect the same kind of thing. Someone associated with the studio mentioned that Reynolds being in excellent shape definitely helps the process.

The Mike
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
An awesome manipulation done on the SHH! Boards:

http://www.kellcom.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MK-Green-Lantern-V1.jpg

FQRizzo
09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Still not sold on Reynolds as GL.

The Mike
09-28-2009, 09:59 PM
That pic definitely helps a helleva lot. He definitely has a Hal vibe in there.

The Mike
10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
From an article from Empire:

Martin Campbell can lay claim to reinventing James Bond not once but twice, with GoldenEye and Casino Royale. But even he initially blanched at the challenge of bringing comic-book superhero The Green Lantern to the screen. "It's daunting," he tells Empire. "Just the process, something like 1,300 visual effects shots, is mind-blowing, quite honestly."

The reason for this mountain of FX? Well, it's something to do with the Lantern's power source, a mystical ring. "It's energised by a battery on the planet of Oa, which taps into the willpower of everyone in the universe," explains Campbell, "From that ring you can form constructs. So if you got into a fight, you could form a giant fist. Or a fighter plane."

Sounds cool - and expensive. Which is partly why Warner Bros. has made a late change to the shooting location. Instead of filming in Australia as planned, Campbell and star Ryan Reynolds will now begin in New Orleans in April. "It's a very interesting city," enthuses the director, "with a damn good tax rate!"

All those dollars will be goin straight onto the screen, then, to create a scope beyond anything you've seen before. "He's the only superhero to my knowledge who regularly goes to another planet," Campbell says, "Superman and Batman were essentially locked into a particularly city. The Lantern isn't so Earthbound."

The Green Lantern is out in 2011.

Reynolds from the Fallon Interview:

"I'm 4-5 months away from beginning shooting," Reynolds told Fallon, musing that the consequences of leaking additional information could be severe.

"It's crazy, it's the only job I've ever had that I'm not allowed to really talk about. I think there's like a representative from Warner Brothers who I'm sure is following me around ready to blow-dart me if I say a single word," said Reynolds, "I probably have a chip in me somewhere, like if I start talking about it, I'll just pass away."

Though Fallon himself didn't seem very familiar with the concepts or powers behind Green Lantern, Reynolds was able to set him straight in terms of what the movie would encapsulate.

"A lot of [the film] is sort of like a space epic and some of it is on planet Earth," said Reynolds, "[Green Lantern] has this ring and he's been chosen to have this power and the ring can kind of create anything that his will or his imagination can conjure up."

Though Reynolds didn't have any new details about the upcoming "Deadpool" spin-off, he did confirm he'd be reprising his Wade Wilson role from "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which Fallon considered a super heroic double whammy.

"At his point [playing both roles] makes you just like an Internet hero, nothing really more than that," joked Reynolds.

From Twitter:

And one of the people involved with Jimmy Fallon's show made these updates on their Twitter page:

@GeoffJohns0 I just went in Ryan Reynolds dressing and tested him on the GL oath. He nailed it!

@robertliefeld @geoffjohns0 Ry-Ren gave a Deadpool shoutout AND a Green Lantern shoutout!

Darth Snoopy
10-04-2009, 07:03 AM
That pic definitely helps a helleva lot. He definitely has a Hal vibe in there.

I gotta agree. RR definitely has the Hal Jordan look about him.

SOLIDSNAKE
10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
after seeing the animated movie on blu ray I am so pumped to see a live action movie.

I hope they stick to the original story.

The Mike
10-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Which original story? First Flight? or the actual Origin story of Hal Jordan? Both were the same in concept but very different in execution...

xenoviper
10-19-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/article/green-lantern-nsw/2009/10/19/1255891768624.html

oh well~

Hulksmashed
10-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Still not sold on Reynolds as GL.

I think the Ryan Renolds look will play out fine...my only concern is the character. Reynolds is the "action packed funny man". His characters are all built around a not so subtle saracstic/witty sense of humor. Hal Jordan is far from a wise cracking Spider-man banter type of guy. IMO he's a cocky fighter pilot that takes things a little TOO seriously....might not get that out of Reynolds.

SOLIDSNAKE
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Which original story? First Flight? or the actual Origin story of Hal Jordan? Both were the same in concept but very different in execution...

first flight !

The Mike
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
A Rumor Worth Repeating: Haley as Sinestro?
Posted at 11:35 AM Oct 19, 2009

You know I hate the rumors, usually because they're made up by ridiculous British papers and have no bearing in reality. However, here's a rumor that just sounds so right that I'm reporting it because I want it to be true -- that Watchmen's Jackie Earle Haley is being considered for the role of Sinestro, Hal Jordan's Green Lantern instructor-turned-villian in the Ryan Reynolds-starring Green Lantern movie. Haley's just a fantastic actor, and someone who I think could do wonders with Sinestro's desire to bring order to the universe by any means possible. I sincerely hope this turns out to be true, and since /Film -- whom I heard it from -- doesn't say where the rumor originated, that actually makes it more credible than if it came from one of those silly Brit-papers.

Oh, /Film also says that there may be a Superman cameo in the Green Lantern film too, and I say both bull and ^^^^. Won't happen, unless Warner Bros./DC Entertainment has truly got their ^^^^ figured out through this reorganization. If it happens, it will truly be the start of a brave new world for DC movies. Which is exactly why I doubt it's going to happen.

Darklord Dave
10-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Haley is SO wrong for this version of Sinestro in the script and how Sinny has been portrayed in comics recently. He's good as a little sniveling psychopath - but Sinestro is tall and impressive. However Haley would be good as Hector Hammond - that could be the villain they're talking about.

LoneWolf
10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow, that was a good fan-made trailer! Saw some 'Lord of the Rings', 'Matrix', 'Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer', and many other movies used. :)

Darth Snoopy
10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Haley is SO wrong for this version of Sinestro in the script and how Sinny has been portrayed in comics recently. He's good as a little sniveling psychopath - but Sinestro is tall and impressive. However Haley would be good as Hector Hammond - that could be the villain they're talking about.

QFT! :lecture

DinoLast
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Sinestro has to be played by Robert Lyle Knepper (T-Bag)
It's like he was born to play the role

DinoLast
10-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Hugo Weaving would make a good Sinestro too, but Haley is wrong, wrong, wrong

Darklord Dave
10-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Sinestro has to be played by Robert Lyle Knepper (T-Bag)
It's like he was born to play the role

Knepper is better than Haley, but they're of the same type - more "rat" type. I envision Sinestro as more of a lion or tiger - I think the rumored Daniel Craig would be pretty decent casting. Or Laurence Fishburn -he'd be perfect (although he's put on some weight recently).

Hulksmashed
10-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Knepper is better than Haley, but they're of the same type - more "rat" type. I envision Sinestro as more of a lion or tiger - I think the rumored Daniel Craig would be pretty decent casting. Or Laurence Fishburn -he'd be perfect (although he's put on some weight recently).

I might be alone in this...but Jeremy Irons sticks out in my head. Extremely regal and commanding, but always a hint of something darker and schemeing. His voice is perfect too. In fact...he even VOICED a scheming and forboding LION! Might be too old though....

Darklord Dave
10-28-2009, 01:43 PM
I might be alone in this...but Jeremy Irons sticks out in my head. Extremely regal and commanding, but always a hint of something darker and schemeing. His voice is perfect too. In fact...he even VOICED a scheming and forboding LION! Might be too old though....

Yes, a young Irons would be perfect for how I see Sinestro.

The Mike
10-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Sinestro is a character that lends itself to any age actor. Its heavy make up and the pinkish/orange color would hide a lot of age or at least could. Jeremy Irons would have been an excellent Sinestro but I doubt the casting directors are even looking at anyone that much older than Reynolds. I was actually shocked to hear JEH's name thrown around.

Buttmunch
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Sinestro is a character that lends itself to any age actor. Its heavy make up and the pinkish/orange color would hide a lot of age or at least could. Jeremy Irons would have been an excellent Sinestro but I doubt the casting directors are even looking at anyone that much older than Reynolds. I was actually shocked to hear JEH's name thrown around.

You mean redish/purple in color. I've never seen him orange at least.

But I do think Irons is a good choice. I still think Hugo Weaving would be good too.

And I don't think they need someone Reynolds' age. Sinestro was a mentor so he should be older. He is the cop thats been around the block a few times, not a fellow trainee.

hairlesswookiee
10-28-2009, 09:04 PM

But I do think Irons is a good choice. I still think Hugo Weaving would be good too.

And I don't think they need someone Reynolds' age. Sinestro was a mentor so he should be older. He is the cop thats been around the block a few times, not a fellow trainee.

You're right. While Irons is probably too old to be pulling out some crazy actions stunts I do think that Sinestro is the old seasoned, arrogant veteran.

The Mike
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM

No. I mean what I mean. Orange Hues right here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/SinestroSTAS.jpg

He was actually drawn that way in the books for a while. The pink color is most known and used but he has been more purple, more orange, even more red depending on colorist.

Weaving is too predictable, it almost seems like a no brainer and I think the hype would overshadow the actual performance. Weaving although great never really gave off a regal enough, arrogant enough portrayal that a really season classic actor could (neither could JEH)

Sinestro is not supposed to be that much older than Hal. That is part of what made him great. He was the natural GL before Hal, he was the greatest before Hal. Although some draw him with more agelines and wrinkles, he is actually not that old. Especially when he first meets Hal there isn't a notable difference in age. I guarantee you they are not looking to far past Reynolds' age unless they plan to heavily use CGI or make up.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Emerald_dawn_II.jpg

Darklord Dave
10-29-2009, 10:04 PM
No. I mean what I mean. Orange Hues right here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/SinestroSTAS.jpg

uh, that's red dude.

Sinestro is not supposed to be that much older than Hal. That is part of what made him great. He was the natural GL before Hal, he was the greatest before Hal. Although some draw him with more agelines and wrinkles, he is actually not that old. Especially when he first meets Hal there isn't a notable difference in age. I guarantee you they are not looking to far past Reynolds' age unless they plan to heavily use CGI or make up.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Emerald_dawn_II.jpg

I'd agree that he doesn't need to be the aged veteran, that's why I'd think Irons is too old. But I'm hoping they're looking for an actor that can pull it off, rather than the flava of the month (like Terence Howard) to be the main villain. Actually Bridges might be good - if he hadn't played Stane.

The Mike
10-30-2009, 10:47 PM
uh, that's red dude.

Let's just split the difference and go red-orange.

I'd agree that he doesn't need to be the aged veteran, that's why I'd think Irons is too old. But I'm hoping they're looking for an actor that can pull it off, rather than the flava of the month (like Terence Howard) to be the main villain. Actually Bridges might be good - if he hadn't played Stane.

To me Sinestro has always been regal and I'm not sure why but in my mind he has always had an accent. If I were in charge of casting I'd give the part to a classically trained English actor so he could have that feel and that presence especially compared to Reynolds who will no doubt be playing up the sarcastic side of Hal and probably play him a bit more immature than most of us are used to.

Darklord Dave
10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Let's just split the difference and go red-orange.

To me Sinestro has always been regal and I'm not sure why but in my mind he has always had an accent. If I were in charge of casting I'd give the part to a classically trained English actor so he could have that feel and that presence especially compared to Reynolds who will no doubt be playing up the sarcastic side of Hal and probably play him a bit more immature than most of us are used to.

Yeah, he looks like he should have a French or German accent. But a classically trained Brit would work perfectly. Or Adam Baldwin.

The Mike
12-01-2009, 07:52 PM
The latest:

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Reynolds Says 'Green Lantern' Won't Be A 'Labored Origin Story'
Posted 11/30/09 2:01 pm ET by Rick Marshall in DC Comics, Hot Stuff, News

Last week, we explained why "Deadpool" and "Green Lantern" actor Ryan Reynolds is one of the actors we're thankful for this year around MTV HQ. In fact, he's the actor we're most thankful for this year — and not just because he shared more details with us about the pair of upcoming, much-anticipated comic book movies he's starring in soon. (Though that was certainly an added bonus!)

After offering up some thoughts about Green Lantern's costume, Reynolds told MTV News that the scenes in which Hal Jordan isn't in costume will likely be the most memorable from the film — much like Robert Downey Jr.'s time spent out of Tony Stark's armor in "Iron Man."

"I think you walk away from this first film, and the moments that you remember and the moments that mean so much to you, not unlike 'Iron Man,' are the moments where the guy's not in the suit," said Reynolds.

However, Reynolds acknowledged that developing those moments amid the cosmic action central to "Green Lantern" is a daunting task — after all, a test pilot who receives a super-powered ring from a dying alien is likely to demand a much different tone than a billionaire industrialist building his own battle armor.

"That to me is the tough thing to get right," he explained. "And that's something that they did get right [in 'Iron Man']. You see why this guy's in the suit, and that's what's interesting to me. Not that he is in the suit, but why."

With "Green Lantern" scheduled to begin shooting next year (possibly in New Orleans), Reynolds shied away from calling the film's plot an origin story, despite the need to introduce Hal Jordan to mainstream movie audiences.

"It is [an origin story] to a certain degree, but it's not a labored origin story, where the movie [truly] begins in the third act," he explained. "The movie starts when it starts. We find out Hal is the guy fairly early on, and the adventure begins."

Kabukiman
12-02-2009, 06:54 AM
where the movie [truly] begins in the third act,

This doesn't make me feel warm and squishy at all. Does that mean I can skip the first 2/3? He compared to Iron Man a couple times and that movie was engaging from the first frame to the last.

What the heck does he mean by that?

The Mike
12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
He means that most origins take place in three parts, the first is the introduction to the character, the second is the inclusion of the issue and the third is the rising to be a hero. In Iron Man, there was the introduction of Tony Stark the flawed human, the middle of the progression was his time in the caves and the realization that his products were being used for terror instead of fighting it and the third is him stepping up to don the armor as a hero instead of just an escape plan.

With Hal, you don't really have to spend a lot of time on Hal the test pilot, then move into gaining the ring and then moving on to him becoming the hero. You can give him the ring and have him via experience his growing pains while already deciding to be a hero.

Green Lantern: First Flight took this policy where he was given the ring almost immediately and that part was pushed out of the way then Oa was explained as well as his missions with the ring even though he was still learning. The Incredible Hulk took that route as well explaining the origins via the credits and then dumping you in the third act where he is already Hulk and dealing with that.

He is referring to the third act of the hero's progression not the third act of the story itself.

Kabukiman
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Mike! That's much better than what I was thinking. :lol

The Mike
12-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Interesting....sad that Rose Bryne is off the radar apparently...

via Latino Review:

What's going on with the GREEN LANTERN movie?

Not much has been heard about the film since they cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern and the production was pulled out of Australia. Well, I did my usual snooping around and I was able to nail down who the five candidates are for the role of CAROL FERRIS – Hal Jordan’s love interest in the film.

Per the script, Carol Ferris (27) is the daughter of aerospace mogul Carl Ferris. She works for her dad’s company FERRIS AIR, got an MBA, and has a lifetime crush on Hal Jordan.

According to my sources, the five candidates are:

1) James Bond heartbreaker EVA GREEN
2) The voice of DC’s animated WONDWER WOMAN film KERI RUSSELL
3) Helen of TROY’s DIANE KRUGER
4) Gossip girl’s BLAKE LIVELY
5) and JENNIFER GARNER

So who do you guys think will get the part? Tough call, but IN MY OPINION I personally think it’s between Diane Kruger and Keri Russell.

Both Kruger and Russell are the same age as Ryan Reynolds (33).

hairlesswookiee
12-21-2009, 01:33 AM
My vote goes to Kruger.

devilof76
12-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Kruger, as long as they make her a brunette. I vote definite no's on Garner and Russell. I don't know the other two.

Darklord Dave
12-21-2009, 12:49 PM
That's quite a wide range of actresses - none are similar types at all. I'd go with Green or Kruger if they can pull off the American accent okay.

DarthNeil
12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
That's quite a wide range of actresses - none are similar types at all. I'd go with Green or Kruger if they can pull off the American accent okay.

You're banking of course on Reynolds pulling of an American accent as well.

:D

Darth Snoopy
12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Kruger or Russell...Kruger edging out Russell by a smidge. :D

Grange Wallis
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Anyone seen any recent pictures of Ryan Reynolds? It'd be interesting to see how buff he is getting for Hal Jordan!

Darklord Dave
12-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Anyone seen any recent pictures of Ryan Reynolds? It'd be interesting to see how buff he is getting for Hal Jordan!

If he gets any buffer he'll be A-Rod. Hal isn't Superman - I think ryan from Wolverine or even that Sandra Bullock movie is just buff enuff.

The Mike
12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Exactly, Hal isn't a musclebound hero, in fact he is often drawn with a swimmer's build more than anything else. You have to also think long term whereas Carol gets possessed by the Star Sapphire and becomes this:

http://acomicbookblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/star-sapphire-corps.jpg

Now even if they alter the costume some of those actresses would look hilarious in the outfit (*cough Keri Russell *cough)

Blake Lively wouldn't be taken seriously and I don't think can hold her own against Reynolds because she'd be eclipsed, remember Carol is Hal's Lois and busts his balls more than she does Clark. Keri Russell is a joke, I don't think she can do it...it'd be as big of a mistake as Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns. Out of Kruger, Garner and Green, I definitely go GREEN!

She has the look and has worked with Campbell before. Garner is no longer relevant and Kruger is definitely the dark horse.

Colossus
12-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I would watch this, sounds promising, The Animated version I thought was Very Cool

The Mike
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
The latest (from Comic Book Blog)

Green Lantern Movie News: Carol Ferris Down To Two

So you all remember a couple days ago when I told you about the five actresses in the running for the role of Carol Ferris right? If you don’t, the contenders were Eva Green, Jennifer Garner, Keri Russell, Diane Kruger, and Blake Lively. Well, now I feel confident in this film by reporting that the role has been narrowed down to two candidates. Who are they you ask? Well they are Keri Russell and Blake Lively.

Keri Russell starred in the 90’s show Felicity and was also performed opposite Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible 3. Blake Lively starred with Justin Long in Accepted and is currently starring in that sappy rich kid show Gossip Girl. When narrowed down to these two, my vote would originally go to Russell, but the more I think about it, I want Lively cast in this role. Something tells me she could pull off this role without it being a dull watered down version of Carol, which is what I think Russell would bring to the table in a Green Lantern movie in this day and age. I have a feeling Lively would work better as Carol opposite a Ryan Reynolds Hal because they seem like a good fit, while with Russell it would feel more like it was Hal’s mom talking to him. Now I can’t wait till the sequels to see what either of these girls will look like in the Star Sapphire costume.

BUT JUST REMEMBER, THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED AND UNTIL THEN IS COMPLETE SPECULATION!

That’s all for now folks, be sure to check out our comic book lists, fan casts, reviews, and what not before you leave!

–moyermason@yahoo.com

Ugh. Neither of them is even my third choice.

Darklord Dave
12-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Lively is way too young - but she could pull off the haughty Star Sapphire pretty well. Keri Russell seems all wrong on so many levels - I see her more as a comedic actor.

The Mike
12-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Lively would be a Bosworth style mistake. I'm telling you her chemistry with Reynolds would seem all kinds of forced.

devilof76
12-24-2009, 06:57 AM
And she has a lazy eye.

Entropy
12-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Green was my choice. Unfortunate if she's out.

hairlesswookiee
12-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Green was my choice. Unfortunate if she's out.

Mine too. She's smoking hot and can act much better than the others on the list IMO.

The Mike
12-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Green Lantern's Oscar-Winning Crew
Source:Superhero Hype!
December 26, 2009

The lack of casting on Martin Campbell's Green Lantern movie this late in the game is somewhat worrying, since they already have a June 17, 2011 release date and the only name confirmed has been Ryan Reynolds in the title role (and that took a long time to be confirmed). Either way, Campbell knows what he's doing and he's been silently pulling together an amazing team in preparation to start shooting in New Orleans next year.

The first movie to be made under Warner Bros.' new DC Entertainment umbrella will be shot by cinematographer Dion Beebe, who won an Oscar for his work with Rob Marshall on Memoirs of a Geisha (having previously been nominated for Chicago). Even more exciting than that is who Campbell hired to help create the look and vision of the movie, production designer Grant Major and costume designer Ngila Dickson, both of whom won Oscars for their work on Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings Trilogy." Major also fulfilled the same capacity on Jackson's remake of King Kong.

Art director François Audouy may not have won any Oscars, but his resume working in genre movies is impressive, everything from doing concept art for James Cameron's Avatar and I Am Legend, acting as art director for Watchmen and the first Transformers movie, and working in various art capacities on all three "Spider-Man" movies.

shiveringmelody
12-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Easily my most anticipated flick of 2011. I'm disappointed it looks like Eva Green won't be cast as Carol. Certainly wasn't expecting Keri or Blake to be taken so serious in such a high profile film, but maybe I'm just out of touch with Hollywood so much. I guess I'm alone in thinking Keri could be pretty good. Blake just seems so young, but with this hopefully turning into a trilogy or lengthy series that could help her. Just haven't seen her in anything, so I can't really say anything about her acting. Whereas I seen Keri Russell and been impressed at times.

As much as I love Carol, the casting for Sinestro is what I'm eager to see. Also curious how Kilowog will look. 2011 can't come soon enough!

devilof76
12-28-2009, 11:18 PM
And she has a lazy eye.

I meant that Keri Russell has a lazy eye. Not Blake Lively.

The Mike
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
According to the AICN Forums:

Someone over at AICN is claiming that they're close to the production and that sometime this week, Chris Cooper will be announced as Sinestro.

http://charlespaolino.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/chris.jpg

A little older than I thought but he definitely has acting chops....

Darklord Dave
12-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Hmm, I see him more as a Guardian...

Buttmunch
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I'm not liking that choice for Sinestro either. I could see him as Ganthet though.

The Mike
12-31-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not sold on it either but its nice to get some actual movement on this film. Principal filming is supposed to begin soon and we have no other confirmed cast members than Reynolds. What is strange is that DC/WB have both been saying how important this film is to keeping up with the Marvel machine and yet we have very little hype.

Darklord Dave
12-31-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm not sold on it either but its nice to get some actual movement on this film. Principal filming is supposed to begin soon and we have no other confirmed cast members than Reynolds. What is strange is that DC/WB have both been saying how important this film is to keeping up with the Marvel machine and yet we have very little hype.

There is still a year and a half before it's released. Right now we're seeing a lot about Iron Man 2 but it's only 6 months away.

karamazov80
12-31-2009, 07:55 PM
I think Cooper could do a fine job as Sinestro, if true. He's a fantastic actor.

The Mike
12-31-2009, 08:20 PM
There is still a year and a half before it's released. Right now we're seeing a lot about Iron Man 2 but it's only 6 months away.

Don Cheadle was formally announced on Oct 14, 2008
Mickey Rourke was formally announced on Jan 7, 2009
Sam Rockwell was formally announced on Jan 7, 2009
Scarlett Johansson was formally announced on Feb 14, 2009

At the time of Johansson's signing the status of the film was:

Iron Man 2 still doesn’t have a shooting script and a start date has not yet been determined.

This is with Iron Man 2 having a May 2010 release date.

WB has said that The Green Lantern will have a Jun 17th 2011 release date after being moved from December 2010. The shooting window was supposed to begin in January 2010 to keep that Jun 17th 2011 release. Now Sinestro is NOT supposed to be the villain in this film according to rumored script treatments but Hal's mentor throughout with turning set up for a sequel. So you can do the math that Sinestro if the rumors are true is set to be Tony's Rhodey. Rhodey was casted over 1.5 years before release. With that in mind to keep the same schedule Sinestro should have been casted in December. Now that is compensating for the move of release. Say what you will but the production on TGL is behind the mark.

Also you have to forget that Howard was casted in Iron Man before Downey himself.

Hulksmashed
01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I'm not liking that choice for Sinestro either. I could see him as Ganthet though.

Well, after Ledger's Joker performance I will never question/bash an actor/actress choice until I see him or her perform the role!

Buttmunch
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Well, after Ledger's Joker performance I will never question/bash an actor/actress choice until I see him or her perform the role!

Well, I can't argue with that. I was totally against Heath originally, but he won me over with the first trailer.

Then again that was Christopher Nolan. So I'm not sure this rule always applies. But I'm willing to give him the chance.

I still think Hugo Weaving or Jeremey Irons (if he was a bit younger) would have been good.