Friday the 13th - The TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
was i the only one that watched this show as a kid?

for anone who never saw it, the basic premise had nothing to do with Jason Vorhess or Camp Crystal Lake.

it was about a woman (Louise Robey, although back then I think she was just Robey:drool)who inherits an antique shop from her uncle, only to find that all the antiques that were sole were cursed. each week, they had to track down a different piece.

anyone who's interested, the first season comes out on 09/23/08.

You may, very well, be the only one that watched that show "as a kid." :lol Me? The opening credits gave me the heebeejeebees and I never saw an episode until recently.

I caught an episode or two on a really old VHS tape and it seems interesting. I heard not too long ago that it will be airing on SciFi soonish, so I'm looking forward to that.

You may, very well, be the only one that watched that show "as a kid." :lol Me? The opening credits gave me the heebeejeebees and I never saw an episode until recently.

I caught an episode or two on a really old VHS tape and it seems interesting. I heard not too long ago that it will be airing on SciFi soonish, so I'm looking forward to that.

yeah, i am old. :D:lol

I remembering watching this as a kid and keep thinking to myself, "Where the Hell is Jason? He better show up in one or two episodes."

I remember watching this show. I think it came on before or after 21 Jump Street. I also remember it was around the same time "Freddy's Nightmares" was on.

Really the only bit of Friday the 13th I remember was an episode where some dude was peeling the skin off his arm like a glove. There was something wrong with him. You could probably call this the precursor show to X Files, even though neither had anything to do with each other.

Wasn't a fave show of mine back then, but I do remember it! :)

I wasn't around when the show originally aired, but now I watch it everyday on the Chiller channel. That, Freddy's Nightmares, Twilight Zone, and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour!

-CJK

Last edited:

for anone who never saw it, the basic premise had nothing to do with Jason Vorhess or Camp Crystal Lake.

it was about a woman (Louise Robey, although back then I think she was just Robey:drool)who inherits an antique shop from her uncle, only to find that all the antiques that were sole were cursed. each week, they had to track down a different piece.

anyone who's interested, the first season comes out on 09/23/08.

I watched it when I was a kid as well and really enjoyed it. It was an interesting concept. I remember one episode was about a cursed pocket mirror that an ugly girl got her hands on and the havok she caused.

I also watched 'Freddy Nightmares', 'Tales from the Darkside' and 'Monsters' almost around the same time as well.

sorry but freddys nightmare was a show and i asume it had to do with krueger right?

sorry but freddys nightmare was a show and i asume it had to do with krueger right?

Barely. He popped up RIGHT before a commercial break and was mentioned in just a FEW episodes. He played a smaller role than the Crypt Keeper in Tales from the Crypt!

-CJK

Actually Robey wasn't the one who actually owned the shop, it was the young guy who owned it.

Either way, I would LOVE 12ers of the main characters. Saw this as a 40 something ... Yeah, I'm old

Twilight Zone>Outer Limits>Tales from the Darkside>Alf>Designing Women>Golden Girls>Friday th 13th:The Series.

:cool:

Barely. He popped up RIGHT before a commercial break and was mentioned in just a FEW episodes. He played a smaller role than the Crypt Keeper in Tales from the Crypt!

-CJK

cept the pilot episode, that was about the parents tracking him down and burning him, and his resurrection
watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:
I loved Friday the 13th the Series and Freddy's Nightmares, but neither were as good as Tales From the Darkside, Amazing Stories or Tales From the Crypt IMHO.
What I remember about Friday the 13th was that it came on Saturday afternoon just before Star Trek the Next Generation. Those were good times.

I loved Friday the 13th the Series and Freddy's Nightmares, but neither were as good as Tales From the Darkside, Amazing Stories or Tales From the Crypt IMHO.
What I remember about Friday the 13th was that it came on Saturday afternoon just before Star Trek the Next Generation. Those were good times.

ah, the halcyon days. :D

Back