What do you think about a Movies & TV forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a seperate forum for just Movie & TV discussion?

• Yes.

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • No.

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of "other discussion" threads getting started. Does anyone feel the need for a forum just for discussion of Movies and Television shows not covered by a specific forum?

In other words - Star Wars, Indy, LotR would get discussed in their own forums, but stuff like Battlestar or The Love Guru would go in this new forum.

yeah , I think its a good idea , with heroes figures , prison break figures , the terminator series , doctor who and so on it would be nice . :)

yeah , I think its a good idea , with heroes figures , prison break figures , the terminator series , doctor who and so on it would be nice . :)

Hmm, maybe I'm not being clear. The new forum would be for discussion of the movies and television shows themselves. The General forum would still be for discussion of collectibles that aren't covered by a specific forum.

ahh I see. I think its a great idea then . If horror movies would be discussed in there though the actual horror forum would be way too silent. :lol

Hmm, maybe I'm not being clear. The new forum would be for discussion of the movies and television shows themselves. The General forum would still be for discussion of collectibles that aren't covered by a specific forum.

Sounds like a good idea, creating a forum for discussions of the films and shows themselves, but it seems likely a certain amount of overlap elsewhere is bound to continue, at least as far as collectibles are concerned.

I am up for that idea. I love going to the "Other Discussion" section just to see what tv shows or movies the other Freaks are talking about.

Dave, perhaps changing names would be a good idea.

Movies and Television Shows Discussion

Movie and Television Collectibles Discussion

I can see some confusion coming down if there are 2 threads, duplicate threads because 1 person starts it in the show discussion forum and another in the collectible forum, could make things harder on the mods cleaning it up, just food for thought.

Dave, perhaps changing names would be a good idea.

Movies and Television Shows Discussion

Movie and Television Collectibles Discussion

I can see some confusion coming down if there are 2 threads, duplicate threads because 1 person starts it in the show discussion forum and another in the collectible forum, could make things harder on the mods cleaning it up, just food for thought.

I second this idea.

Yes, if we do it the General section will have it's name changed to be clearer.

Yes, absolutely.

I also think we need a new (non Marvel) Superheroes Section.

I was thinking of just changing the Marvel section to be more inclusive. We could call it: "Men in Tights".

if a separate forum is created for movie and tv discussion outside the already general movie/tv collectibles forum, then one should be created for bowen discussion outside the already marvel discussion forum. i would bet there's more discussion about bowen than tv/movie outside the already established forums.

I was thinking of just changing the Marvel section to be more inclusive. We could call it: "Men in Tights".

Clever, but I can already see a Sandbox thread started tying that name to Tonner from the usual suspects, particularly since some of them are big Marvel fans and won't be fond of losing their own unique forum.

I think you could post any poll asking "Do we need a ' insert unneeded subforum here'?" and you'll get a lot of +1's.

I'm all for keeping things tidy, I just hope it never gets silly, like rebelscum.

I think these changes are natural as the forum grows, so long as the mods find the subjects of discussion tolerable, new sections will be needed as people want to talk more and more about subject that don't have thier own section to be organized in.

Back