New Clone Wars Yoda Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the ACME Blog:

ACMEDIRECT said:
We will be putting this one up for Presale to be be picked up at the Show, this should help alleviate the long lines as well as the annoying Exhibitors who like to pounce on exclusives before the regular crowd gets into the freaking show. Try as they might, SDCC has still not figured out a 100% fool proof method of stopping this.
We will also be releasing a small amount to non attendees on July 24th, first Full Day of SDCC, so for all of you not going- keep that date in mind.
And my final last little tidbit of news…. We will be debuting another STAR WARS Character Key at the Con...

How are they killing it? The ES? Otherwise they had a character key @ SDCC last year. I believe the Sandtrooper was like 1k which isn't much higher. The killer from my POV with the ES is how popular the new CW stuff is gonna be. Now having said that ordering online was pretty darn easy last year so if they do that again I like my chances.

Edit: Just read Lonnie's post and I like that they will be putting it up before hand. Should make it easier.

I think they meant it's killing the line because it's Yoda. I doubt as many people want a sandtrooper as will want Yoda. I would be more interested if it was the old animation, since I have the two animated Yoda maquettes already.

I mean its a new line of character keys for the new CW series. So doing Yoda again makes sense 2 me.

Oh, I got it now, I didn't realize there was already a Yoda character key from the old series. Too bad, I probably would have gotten it. I think what I was actually missing was the connection between what you said and what I said. But I got it figured out now.:duh

How are they killing it? The ES?

Making the first item in a new line super rare, as far as SW goes at least, isn't a good thing. It's just going to piss off collectors and if someone misses out on this then there's a good chance they won't pick up the rest of the Keys.

Making Yoda, one of the most important characters in the series, the exclusive also is a bad move. They should have used a less important character.

Yoda should have a higher ES than 750.

Oh, I got it now, I didn't realize there was already a Yoda character key from the old series. Too bad, I probably would have gotten it. I think what I was actually missing was the connection between what you said and what I said. But I got it figured out now.:duh

Yeah, I don't have that one either so I'm glad I'm getting another shot. its cool. I wasn't real clear anyways. :lol

Making the first item in a new line super rare, as far as SW goes at least, isn't a good thing. It's just going to piss off collectors and if someone misses out on this then there's a good chance they won't pick up the rest of the Keys.

Making Yoda, one of the most important characters in the series, the exclusive also is a bad move. They should have used a less important character.

Yoda should have a higher ES than 750.

I agree someone will get pissed off. There's no doubt in my mind about that. 750 isnt that bad when it comes to these and is better than the Sidious one they did a few years back. I think it will be more of the hype that causes this to sell quickly.

Yeah, I don't have that one either so I'm glad I'm getting another shot. its cool. I wasn't real clear anyways. :lol

I want one to go with the maquettes that I have though so I don't think it would look as good since Yoda looks different in each.

I mean its a new line of character keys for the new CW series. So doing Yoda again makes sense 2 me.

Yea, the original Yoda goes for like $500, NO WAY I'm paying that. Glad they're releasing another yoda.

As for the SDCC Edition, I got there at 7:00 upstairs in order to rush straight to the ACME booth and seemed to work the first couple of days to get the Palpatine one. Just don't wait downstairs.

Back