While you wait..............

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
So what do you do while you wait for your PS3 system to download the numerous updates?

I've

done laundry
taken the trash out
made something to eat
did the dishes
took a ^^^^

How 'bout you?

There's an update available? I'll have to download that and see if it fixes my bluetooth problem.

Anyway to answer your question, here's Capcom's answer:

...go make a sandwich and grab a soda, then come on back.

That was their actual answer to people complaining about the Devil May Cry 4 install.

you know what's coming don't you?

"while you're waiting for your 360 to be repaired I flew to Europe for a few weeks and then came back to the US and drove coast to coast and back and then did the things you mentioned."

not from me though, i love my 360.

"while you're waiting for your 360 to be repaired I flew to Europe for a few weeks and then came back to the US and drove coast to coast and back and then did the things you mentioned."

I could've done that the first time I sent my PS3 in for repair. Since it came back with the exact same problem, I imagine I will have the opportunity to do all that while I wait again. :banghead

F'n sony

It's really taking you that long to download it? It took me about 5 minutes, but then again, I did that much earlier in the day. I think it really depends on how many other people are doing it at the same time. It makes sense there would be a lot more traffic this time of the day.

So the 360 doesn't ever need updates?

it does but it updates as it loads the games and they are fast....initial installs on the PS3 blow! They take anywhere from 2-10 mins. For such a bigger format, why do they need the huge swap file...oh yeah...programming for PS3 is a nightmare!...how many games run in 1080p? any? it is a great bluray player tho

The only reason one would have to wait for numerous updates is if they never get on to update...:monkey1

One single update took about 15-20 minutes to download and install thats a long time. I think the longest on other systems was maybe 2-3 minutes.

it does but it updates as it loads the games and they are fast....initial installs on the PS3 blow! They take anywhere from 2-10 mins. For such a bigger format, why do they need the huge swap file...oh yeah...programming for PS3 is a nightmare!...how many games run in 1080p? any? it is a great bluray player tho

I have been frustrated that some PS3 games run 720p when their 360 counterpart is 1080p.

I prefer updates on the 360--quicker and easier, needing less input from me.

I have been frustrated that some PS3 games run 720p when their 360 counterpart is 1080p.

I prefer updates on the 360--quicker and easier, needing less input from me.

Most games run at either 720p or less, which is really sad when you consider that these are supposed to be 'next-gen' although I have to commend Gran Turismo 5 for the incredible graphics at 1080p.

Most games run at either 720p or less, which is really sad when you consider that these are supposed to be 'next-gen' although I have to commend Gran Turismo 5 for the incredible graphics at 1080p.

this is true... but considering that most games are running at a smooth 60fps at 720p i'm more than happy with the way they look. if they can produce that at 1080p it would be better, but i'm happy with whats been delivered so far.

Back