A Life size bust but which one ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys , I try not to get much star wars stuff although I am a big fan.
My main reason as to staying away from the line is mostly my financial situation and the fact that I'm a huge alien fan ( and a few other lines ) and they take alot of cash as it is.
I am in the UK so for me to pick up any type of life size bust produced by sideshow collectibles can some times be a struggle or for that matter any heavy piece. I was very very lucky to get the life size T-800 for a brilliant price with a pal of mine too .
I have been looking at the palpatine bust obviously and its very very impressive and is really whats put this idea in to my head.
I do have the darth maul pf ( my only star wars piece so far may I add ) so maybe the maul bust is the way to go ?.
The greedo and bossk bust for me are already out of the question as they just don't represent star wars on a whole enough for me.

Theres a few things I have to take into consideration.
I need this piece to represent all 6 movies , not a certain split trilogy.
I think Palpatine and the Yoda bust can do this whilst maybe Maul can't ( although I have a soft spot for mauls character design ).
So its really out of the Yoda , Maul and the newer Palpatine bust.

I asked a similar question a while ago about the alien 3 maquette , the predalien maquette and the terminator life size bust.
Thanks to you guys I got the life size terminator bust and felt I made the perfect choice as its amazing and now that the Legend Stan Winston has passed on I feel even more honored to own it and will cherish it as long as I live or it lasts.
Any help would be greatly appreciated , I know to alot of you picking something up like this is , for loss of words " just another piece " but to get something like this for me can be a big deal financially so I have to make the right choice .
I'm not on a massive pay roll yet either. :rotfl

What do you think guys ? :)

2955.jpg

2909.jpg

2935.jpg

Well I don't have any of the busts myself. I'm the same way, it's a big investment to me and I'm not rolling in money either, plus I'm more of a statue collector. But if I was going to pick one out of the Star Wars busts, it would definitely be the Yoda bust. To me Yoda is one of the most iconic characters, if not the most iconic, of the Star Wars universe. So if I was going to fork out the cash for one, it would be the Jedi Master Yoda.

if you want one that represents Star Wars i say go with Yoda. Palpatine and Maul are great, but the Yoda is amazing and his representation is from the Empire Strikes Back--the first appearance of the Jedi Master.
~~~i will be picking up a Darth Maul as soon as i find one.
Masters.jpg

I have one life sized bust from Sideshow, and it's Yoda. He is on display in my office and will be the only piece from this line that I am ever likely to own. To me, he is the best representation of the total Star Wars saga (both trilogies) out of the characters so far included in the 1:1 bust line.

It's a tough call. As far as overall quality and use of the 1:1 medium, I think Maul and Palpatine are neck and neck for first and second, with Yoda coming in 3rd. Any of the 3 will not dissappoint, but at this point, you'll probably break the bank a bit trying to get Maul. None of them will really represent the Saga persay, Palpatine and Yoda are equal really as both sides of good and evil, but as Hairless said, it's Obi-Wan and Darth Vader that really encompass all the movies. For the size and price, I say go with the one that'll look most impressive to you having it in the collection.

I own none of them, but the one that impresses me the most so far is Bossk. Since you've already shelved the idea, and since I have no first hand knowledge of what any of them look like, I'd say ignore my post entirely.

Maul! period! (Of course, saying that, I would recommend you get the one you personally like the most! It will make you the happiest!)

Maul is by far the best. But if you're only going to get one and money is tight, I think Tom nailed it on the head for ya. Yoda is a much better representation of the whole saga and can be had for about 1/3 the price of Maul.

yodas likeness is spot on, but tehre was something I just didnt like when I owned him,
I much prefer maul, the face is just fantastic and you can look at it many times and always focus on a different bit of detail, And with the hood up he looks incredible,

i think Yoda is the one bust that best represents all 3 films. Palpatine is amazing, but he doesn't resonate with me like Yoda. what Sideshow did with Maul is just pure brilliance, and I love the character, but he only represents the one film he was in.

Yoda is my vote.

Last edited:
Back