PDA

View Full Version : "The Happening" movie--Spoilers?

Fubeca
06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone here saw the latest M. Night movie "The Happening." I'm not going to see it. I am pretty much done with him, but was curious if anyone would be willing to post here or PM me spoilers for the movie, ie what it was about and what the M. Night ending was? I know taboo! But I don't care...Just not worth the $10+ anymore for his stuff.

Gracias!

wofford29
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
SPOILERS BELOW.....

There is no twist ending. I didn't go see the movie but I've read the script. The thing making people off themselves are the trees and plants emitting a toxin into the air. Through the years of people abusing the earth they've developed a defense mechanism to sustain life by killing off their threat. Awful, awful, awful.

Joker
06-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Why is this idiot still allowed to make movies?

customizerwannabe
06-17-2008, 10:04 PM
The movie itself was spoiled.

Wor-Gar
06-17-2008, 10:07 PM
SPOILERS BELOW.....

There is no twist ending. I didn't go see the movie but I've read the script. The thing making people off themselves are the trees and plants emitting a toxin into the air. Through the years of people abusing the earth they've developed a defense mechanism to sustain life by killing off their threat. Awful, awful, awful.

:lol

That's pretty lame.

They should have just remade "Day of the Triffids" if they want killer plants.

Fubeca
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
SPOILERS BELOW.....

So attack of the killer tomatoes? :wacky

Mr Pixies
06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
It's a frustrating movie, it has a great concept, but Shyamalan didn't handle it too well. The movie is there, I don't know why it didn't add up, maybe it's the editing, the pace, the shift in tone...it's too suspenseful at times with no payoff...There's some great things in the film, and I recommend seeing it....

I am not the director, so I can't say it would be better if it did more of this, or less of that, etc, but when I see a movie and I can only think about what I would have done, I only think of that when a film is a disappointment.

I don't believe there is sch a thing as a bad idea, at least in art/film making, but the execution has to be right, or at least treated seriously by the artist, and I get the feeling that Shyamalan got too excited by his ideas in this film, but didn't care to explore them, I don't know...

8th wonder
06-17-2008, 11:37 PM
The thing making people off themselves are the trees and plants emitting a toxin into the air.

pretty cool idea actually.

CelticPredator
06-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Im sure they'll release a toxin into M.Nights house for making them look so stupid.

occulum
06-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Fubeca is officially the king of creating threads that already exist.... :lol

teemu
06-18-2008, 05:05 AM
SPOILERS BELOW.....

All in the name of propaganda to promote a new proposed "carbon tax"
this movie is a joke!

darren1228
06-18-2008, 05:39 AM
Gave up on Shyamalan after seeing Lady in the Water.....glad I chose to see the Hulk instead.

galactiboy
06-18-2008, 06:38 AM
3 threads for one movie :lol

I saw it, it wasn't good and as it sinks in more I like it even less... had potential, but ended-up being bad.

Darklord Dave
06-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Actually the idea isn't very cinematic and wasn't handled well at all - hence the "running away from wind" scenes.

Blackhole
06-18-2008, 11:10 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/cherry_pizza/simpsons/cartoon_crossovers/4f07_cap002gfsgasdf.jpg
"It stinks! It stinks!"

"Yes Mr Sherman, everything stinks..."

Fubeca
06-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Fubeca is officially the king of creating threads that already exist.... :lol

Them that would mean that I would have to go back and look for others that were done, IMO if a thread doesn't float to the top then it was bad and needs a new one!

Thinking of doing a thread on:

-BSG
-Shai's B-day
-Rating Threads
:banana :emperor

tomandshell
06-18-2008, 09:51 PM
They should make a movie where the antagonist is a bad smell. That would be equally cinematic.

UTtoyfan
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
So yeah, I got this in my Netflix, watched it tonight and I already knew about what killed everyone. Man was it a baaaad movie. I have a theory now that the real reason everyone offed themselves was that they had to watch this movie. I may have to go electrocute myself since I am speaking to myself..........:google

BadMoon
10-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I actually just got done watching this tonight on Demand. What a piece of ^^^^ movie. :rolleyes:

Nuka Cola Kidd
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I think i might be the only one who liked this movie...i like all his works

BadMoon
10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
I think i might be the only one who liked this movie...i like all his works

Are you serious? This guy has gone further down with each movie. I think if he makes one more it might even be an hour long special for the Sci Fi channel. Man this one was that bad. Don't even get me started on The Village. I told my ex wife what would happen 5 minutes in. :rolleyes:

Nuka Cola Kidd
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
ehhh what can i say everyone has different opinions..and for one i thought the end of the village was a fantastic twist and didn't expect it at all.

CelticPredator
10-08-2008, 08:41 PM
This was one the best comedy of 08. So many funny lines.

"YOU TRYIN TO KILL ME! AND TAKE ALL MAH STUFF!!!??

"Whaaaaaat? NO."

or...

"You 'eyein my lemon drink!?"

*SLAP*

Hot Dogs!

LION!

God this movie is hilarious.

DarkArtist81
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I love the rest of his movies, even the Village... but this film SUCKED in every way possible. Seriously, one of the worst movies I have ever sat through. It was embarrassingly bad, so many truly laughable scenes. Honestly, the only thing that I could imagine to ever be worse would be feather dusters rising up and killing society. http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/DarkArtist81/suicidegif.gif

TheObsoleteMan
10-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I just finished it a few minutes ago, and I didn't see what was all that bad about it aside from Marky Mark hamming it up. From the way people have been going on about it I was expecting a modern day Plan 9, but it's basically just a poor man's version of The Birds. I've seen better, but I've most assuredly seen worse.

galactiboy
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe to really appreciate how crappy it was you needed to waste $16-$20 going to see it with your significant other. I thought it was awful, can't even imagine watching it with an extra hour of footage?!? :google

die
10-10-2008, 06:40 AM
I want to say "this movie stinks" or "this movie f'ing sucks", but those would just be the very first things that pop into my mind when I think about it. I will instead provide details about why it sucks just in case somebody tries to think it could somehow be good....

-awful acting (look at the facial expression of Zooey (Alma) when Marky Mark asks her about "Joey's" # on her cell)

-horrible dialogue (DON'T TAKE MY DAUGHTER'S HAND UNLESS YOU MEAN IT!)

-just plain completely wrong (the crystal clear youtube video of a poor man's Roy Horn and how casual they were about it)

M. Night should seriously just quit now. This movie was not scary or shocking at all, I hate when they try to shock you or scare you into believing something is scary, when it's not (especially when they epically fail at it). Now he wants to make Unbreakable 2.

Run away from this movie the same exact way they ran away from the "Winds of Death" during this movie.

galactiboy
10-10-2008, 07:05 AM
All those reasons and more... it ws just an awful flick. And one that the more I think about it the more I dislike it. For me it will go down in the ranks of truly bad films I saw in the theater with Congo and Burton's POTA.

Andr3w
10-10-2008, 07:15 AM
The movie was TERRIBLE! wahlberg's acting was terrible, it was his first rated r and failed to actually show me something more... gorey, or violent, and i no longer find zooey deschanel to be a huge cutie pie.

CelticPredator
10-10-2008, 09:05 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5e5axzKBA&NR=1

So funny! Hahaha!

BadMoon
10-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Horrible......

BadMoon
Terrible......

BadMoon

CelticPredator
10-10-2008, 09:09 AM
HAPPEN!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5e5axzKBA&NR=1

galactiboy
10-10-2008, 02:56 PM
and i no longer find zooey deschanel to be a huge cutie pie.

She great as long as the character calls for blank looks and zero acting range... so basically playing Zoey Deschanel :lol

die
10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
All those reasons and more... it ws just an awful flick. And one that the more I think about it the more I dislike it. For me it will go down in the ranks of truly bad films I saw in the theater with Congo and Burton's POTA.

As far as monumental mistakes go, this movie actually makes Burton's 'Marky Mark & The Monkey Bunch' look more like Braveheart. (at least Tim Roth owned in POTA)

While I'm making ridiculous comparisons - As far as whiny characters go, Marky Mark's character in The Happening made Episode 2 Anakin look like Clubber Lang.

SOLIDSNAKE
10-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I heard this was a bad movie.

TheObsoleteMan
10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
She great as long as the character calls for blank looks and zero acting range... so basically playing Zoey Deschanel :lol

Every role I've seen her in it's like she just got stoned and wandered into frame. Cute girl, but very odd.

BuffyGirl
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I actually liked this one very much! I am happy I waited till it came on dvd but I liked it.

pmtz2005
10-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I actually liked this one very much! I am happy I waited till it came on dvd but I liked it.

This movie is already on DVD??...well it was something to pass the time thats all I could say. I liked unbreakable and if hes making part 2 I'll definately see it. My favorite and always will be is Signs.....

OSCORP
10-25-2008, 09:26 PM
6/10 saw it tonight. decent rental.

Voorhees27
10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
6/10 saw it tonight. decent rental.

Same. Thats about all it deserves, his movies seem weaker by the release.

Rock83
10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
saw it a while back,didnt enjoy it...Sixth Sense,Unbreakable,Signs was good,the rest was absolutely crap.

The girl in the happening was kinda cute though:)

Jamal
10-25-2008, 10:04 PM
I quite liked it..

Vader AL
10-25-2008, 10:15 PM
a lot of unrealized potential....neat concept but didn't really go anywhere.

CelticPredator
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
It doesnt deserve anything higher then a 2. However, if you're watching it like a comedy, its a solid 7, or 8. Its hilarious.

plasmid303
10-26-2008, 01:52 PM
The girl in the happening was kinda cute though:)

Zooey Deschanel? Not her best look, I assure you.

Rock83
10-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Zooey Deschanel? Not her best look, I assure you.

Maybe,but she IS cute,first time i saw her was in the movie "Bridge to Terabithia"