"The Happening" movie--Spoilers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubeca

Cage Fighter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here saw the latest M. Night movie "The Happening." I'm not going to see it. I am pretty much done with him, but was curious if anyone would be willing to post here or PM me spoilers for the movie, ie what it was about and what the M. Night ending was? I know taboo! But I don't care...Just not worth the $10+ anymore for his stuff.

Gracias!

SPOILERS BELOW.....

There is no twist ending. I didn't go see the movie but I've read the script. The thing making people off themselves are the trees and plants emitting a toxin into the air. Through the years of people abusing the earth they've developed a defense mechanism to sustain life by killing off their threat. Awful, awful, awful.

SPOILERS BELOW.....

There is no twist ending. I didn't go see the movie but I've read the script. The thing making people off themselves are the trees and plants emitting a toxin into the air. Through the years of people abusing the earth they've developed a defense mechanism to sustain life by killing off their threat. Awful, awful, awful.

:lol

That's pretty lame.

They should have just remade "Day of the Triffids" if they want killer plants.

SPOILERS BELOW.....

So attack of the killer tomatoes? :wacky

It's a frustrating movie, it has a great concept, but Shyamalan didn't handle it too well. The movie is there, I don't know why it didn't add up, maybe it's the editing, the pace, the shift in tone...it's too suspenseful at times with no payoff...There's some great things in the film, and I recommend seeing it....

I am not the director, so I can't say it would be better if it did more of this, or less of that, etc, but when I see a movie and I can only think about what I would have done, I only think of that when a film is a disappointment.

I don't believe there is sch a thing as a bad idea, at least in art/film making, but the execution has to be right, or at least treated seriously by the artist, and I get the feeling that Shyamalan got too excited by his ideas in this film, but didn't care to explore them, I don't know...

Fubeca is officially the king of creating threads that already exist.... :lol

SPOILERS BELOW.....

All in the name of propaganda to promote a new proposed "carbon tax"
this movie is a joke!

3 threads for one movie :lol

I saw it, it wasn't good and as it sinks in more I like it even less... had potential, but ended-up being bad.

Actually the idea isn't very cinematic and wasn't handled well at all - hence the "running away from wind" scenes.

4f07_cap002gfsgasdf.jpg

"It stinks! It stinks!"

"Yes Mr Sherman, everything stinks..."

Fubeca is officially the king of creating threads that already exist.... :lol

Them that would mean that I would have to go back and look for others that were done, IMO if a thread doesn't float to the top then it was bad and needs a new one!

Thinking of doing a thread on:

-BSG
-Shai's B-day
-Rating Threads
:banana :emperor

So yeah, I got this in my Netflix, watched it tonight and I already knew about what killed everyone. Man was it a baaaad movie. I have a theory now that the real reason everyone offed themselves was that they had to watch this movie. I may have to go electrocute myself since I am speaking to myself..........:google

Back