Allow myself to introduce....well, um...myself, & ask a question or two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Just thought I would introduce myself & try to get some answers to questions that I have been wanting to ask.

My name is Mitch & I hail from Long Island, New York. I'm 27 & I am a collector of vintage video games & arcade games/machines, Audio Video equipment * movie props, replicas & memorabilia.

I started buying & collecting primarily from Master Replicas, which was honestly somewhat of a mistake. That company needs to learn a thing out two about quality control when it comes to the finishes of their products as well as monitoring their call centers better.
I am now just fully getting into Sideshows products. I have found a local dealer that is a distributer & unfortunately I am seeing allot of the same dissapointing flaws in how sideshow handles themselves that I saw in MR. I hope this ends up not being the case & all goes well but only time will tell.

I can tend to be a very harsh grader w/ strict tastes & preferences, though I feel this is justified when collecting such items, especially w/ the prices many of them go for.

My primary interest lies with Alien, Predator & Terminator pieces but there are many other brands/items that catch my eye & sometimes find their way into my collection.

I have a question or two that I am hoping I can get some answers to. Any & all help/info is greatly appreciated:

(1) Is this website/forum in any way affiliated directly w/ Sideshow?
Do any of thier staff have known presence here.

(2) I have noticed many of SS's items have been gaining in value (and
enjoying some very good re-sale rates) lately. Has this been a recent
happening or more of a long term trend?

(3) Allot of my interest right now has been in some predator items,
Sideshows Predator maquette to be specific. Can anyone tell me a solid
market value for one of these (non SS EX version).

Anyway, thats all for now pleased to meat everyone & ill see you on the forums.

- Mitch

...(1) Is this website/forum in any way affiliated directly w/ Sideshow?
Do any of thier staff have known presence here...

No, this is an "unofficial" discussion board for Sideshow; some of their employees (most notably Dusty) do post on this board frequently, but they do not answer customer service questions and the like.

...(2) I have noticed many of SS's items have been gaining in value (and
enjoying some very good re-sale rates) lately. Has this been a recent
happening or more of a long term trend?...

Like any collectibles company, some of Sideshow's products go up in value and some go down... this has been the trend from almost the beginning, but more so since Sideshow began to concentrate on high-end collectibles.

...(3) Allot of my interest right now has been in some predator items,
Sideshows Predator maquette to be specific. Can anyone tell me a solid
market value for one of these (non SS EX version)...

Check this site (the owner is a member here)...

https://www.toytracker.net/sideshow/

It looks like it is around $1100 to $1200... be sure to look at the auctions for the product you are interested in, because sometimes incorrect auctions get captured and may temporarily affect the price shown.

OH! And Welcome! :welcome

Back