360 Vs. PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Well guys here is your thread and I shall start it. Since I in no way like to start trouble. :lol Have your debate and keep this crap out of all the other video game sections. This is where you can debate and talk crap.

Why I like my 360:

Games come out first and actually work
More independant titles
It works online with no set up
I don't have to install games
I don't have to exit games to chat with friends
Way faster downloads and I do mean way faster. Big time!:lecture
A microphone that works no question asked
Mostly no server errors
People use their microphones

Why I like my PS3:
Drakes
Metal Gear
I like the idea (however, nothing F'N works)
Blu Ray

Why I hate my 360:
The gosh darn noise!
I bought the HD DVD and it failed
It didn't have Metal Gear
Yep that's it
The red ring of death (Come on Microsoft and get it together!)

Why I hate the PS3:
Online hardly ever works
People are rude
Not as many great games
Microphone hardly works
Constant updates
Constant downloads
Lack of games
Nothing works like it should
No chat while playing
No friend invites for some games
The controller is small and sucks
Vibration not standard
Getting WiFi set up is a joke
I could go on................

Oh and don't get me started on the dust collector. I mean the Wii. :p

Last edited:
Why I hate the PS3:
Online hardly ever works
People are rude
Not as many great games
Microphone hardly works
Constant updates
Constant downlowds
Lack of games
Nothing works like it should
No chat while playing
No friend invites for some games
The controller is small and sucks
Vibration not standard
Getting WiFi set up is a joke
I could go on................

i agree with some things. the online has always worked perfect for me. wireless is something i never like to mess with anyways so i agree with you in regards to the PS3. the PS3 has some really great features, but what i hate the most:
no XMB in game. i hate having to quit in the middle of a game to check messages or pair my headset. their controller is a joke... it is the same basic design that they had for the original PS1. three generations later and they can't come up with something better??? and to top it off they insulted us by taking out RUMBLE features because its "old technology" but then returned it to us because their substitute (Sixxaxis) is the most useless game accessory since the Power Glove. also, i know its petty but why can't we have replaceable batteries??? the 360 controller is perfect except for the directional pad.... your battery dies--no big deal just swap it out for a backup and charge it while you are playing. PS3 controller needs to be charged and you have to sift through your cables to plug it into the system--- LAME.

I agree with you on the Xbox bits... and the PS3's lack of games is why I haven't gotten one yet. But MGS 4 is out now... so I know I will cave eventually. Blue Ray is a nice bonus though.

i have both and i use my 360 more, i mean alot more. i mostly play online so 360 is way better than PS3.

i do watch some blu-ray on the PS3 though

xbox= Gears of war and other good games
PS3= MGS4 and blu ray

yea ps3 downloads take forever and right now i have to update my system again ^^^^!!!!

I agree with you on the Xbox bits... and the PS3's lack of games is why I haven't gotten one yet. But MGS 4 is out now... so I know I will cave eventually. Blue Ray is a nice bonus though.

Buy one. Metal Gear is worth it! Just don't expect the same online experience you get with LIVE.

i have both and i use my 360 more, i mean alot more. i mostly play online so 360 is way better than PS3.

i do watch some blu-ray on the PS3 though

Thats all I am saying. Most people that have the PS3 will say that it is the best system. However, when you ask them about their 360 they don't have one. I personally have all 3 and can make a fair judgement.

Can we just have a mod put this in the Sandbox now.

Both systems have their pluses and minuses (as does the Wii). I'm fortunate enough to own all 3 so I can live with what one system may not give me. The PS3 is a great system for playing single player games and it has BR. The PSN is a ^^^^ing joke. You'd think that with LIVE setting the standard (and being out well before), that either Sony or Nintendo would've build off of what is by far the best online network. But no, it seems they both took steps backward in that department.

We all know where this thread is gonna go so :wave

Can we just have a mod put this in the Sandbox now.

Both systems have their pluses and minuses (as does the Wii). I'm fortunate enough to own all 3 so I can live with what one system may not give me. The PS3 is a great system for playing single player games and it has BR. The PSN is a ^^^^ing joke. You'd think that with LIVE setting the standard (and being out well before), that either Sony or Nintendo would've build off of what is by far the best online network. But no, it seems they both took steps backward in that department.

We all know where this thread is gonna go so :wave

How about we put you in the sandbox you dick head. :lecture As I clearly stated this is the thread to debate the issue without getting into other threads. If you don't like it ^^^^ off. Or contribute to it. I don't care. Dont post mods put this in the sandbox.

the ps3 and wii are great 2nd systems to my 360. if someone only has a ps3 they're missing out on a lot but it's still a good gaming system (and you do have all the games that come out on both systems) and bluray player. i haven't tried the online gaming yet but from everything i've always heard it's what it should be for something that is free. of course i'm on my 4th 360 but the only time that has bothered me is the 2 weeks without it while it's being repaired and it never has entered my mind to dump my 360 because of it....it's that complete of a gaming system package for me.

biggest pluses for me the 360 has is the stellar online play and features(which you take for granted until they're missing), the controller (never thought I would say that is a plus for a gaming system but it fits like a freakin' glove) and M$ standing behind their product.(i know it should not have failed me as man times as it did but M$ could have left me out in the cold like Sony did with my ps2 when it broke because of a faulty part that they ended up replacing in future units)

but to each their own.

How about we put you in the sandbox you dick head. :lecture As I clearly stated this is not a flame war thread. Post your opinions and be done. If you don't like it ^^^^ off.

Sadly most people wont pay attention to that and there will be alot of ^^^^^ing and whining.

Let me say this, I used to be a Sony fanboy when I had a PS2. There were several things wrong with the Box at first. As soon as they released the new, smaller controller and KOTOR, I caved and got one. From that point on, my PS2 became a paperweight.

PS2 is the most owned system from the last generation most people couldn't afford multiple systems so they just backed whichever one they had. I don't know one person that had both a PS2 and a XBOX that thought the PS2 was better by the end of the last generation. It's these people that were paying $1000 for the PS3 when it launched and it's just sad to see how narrow minded these people are because they obviously love gaming and are missing out on so much because they are too ignorant to realize what's right in front of their face.

the ps3 and wii are great 2nd systems to my 360. if someone only has a ps3 they're missing out on a lot but it's still a good gaming system (and you do have all the games that come out on both systems) and bluray player. i haven't tried the online gaming yet but from everything i've always heard it's what it should be for something that is free. of course i'm on my 4th 360 but the only time that has bothered me is the 2 weeks without it while it's being repaired and it never has entered my mind to dump my 360 because of it....it's that complete of a gaming system package for me.

biggest pluses for me the 360 has is the stellar online play and features(which you take for granted until they're missing), the controller (never thought I would say that is a plus for a gaming system but it fits like a freakin' glove) and M$ standing behind their product.(i know it should not have failed me as man times as it did but M$ could have left me out in the cold like Sony did with my ps2 when it broke because of a faulty part that they ended up replacing in future units)

but to each their own.

That is all I am saying. To each his own. I have them all but this is why I PREFER the 360. This is also the PROPER thread to have this debate.

Let me say this, I used to be a Sony fanboy when I had a PS2. There were several things wrong with the Box at first. As soon as they released the new, smaller controller and KOTOR, I caved and got one. From that point on, my PS2 became a paperweight.

PS2 is the most owned system from the last generation most people couldn't afford multiple systems so they just backed whichever one they had. I don't know one person that had both a PS2 and a XBOX that thought the PS2 was better by the end of the last generation. It's these people that were paying $1000 for the PS3 when it launched and it's just sad to see how narrow minded these people are because they obviously love gaming and are missing out on so much because they are too ignorant to realize what's right in front of their face.

I fell into it the same way. Still nothing that can't be discussed. I will admit when I sold the original Xbox to customers when I worked at Satans shop I refered it to "Fail Box". :lol Yes I was that much into Sony.

I have bought systems since the original Nintendo, I have been through Sega Gen., PS1 ( 3 of them ), Dreamcast, PS2 ( 2 of them ), XBox, Xbox 360 and a PS3.

The 360 is hands down the best IMO. The 360 is 1000 times more user friendly, has a better online network, better controllers ( IMO ), better games overall, is much more just "plug and play" and the graphics are right on par with the PS3.

The PS3 is a GREAT system, but IMO what puts the 360 over the top is how much more user friendly it is and the leaps and bounds better the online network and community is.

I have both and I have hardly even use my PS3. I have played more PS2 games on it then PS3 games. Got UT3 to play online and the mic for the most part does not work. I don't really like the controller come one just because it worked 10 years ago does not mean you have to keep that design especially when the way controllers are used (more games primarily use the sticks now when they were an option 10 years ago). Hell Microsoft was smart enough during a single release to figure out they needed a design change for the controller.

The fact that its a bluray player is really its biggest selling point.

I can't even compare the Online of 360 and PS3 as nothing has been able to get enough people I know on the PS3 until now.

But the OG Atari is still my favorite system

Back